Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-28, 21:06   Link #761
exs120
Uruchai Uruchai Uruchai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Again, no, preemptively rejecting someone is unnatural and unrealistic.

Also, Kinoshita's case is different because she was upfront with her feelings. Not only was she honest with Kaito and arranged to talk to him privately on her own, but she came clean with Ichika as well.
All Kanna has been doing is playing her pouty tsundere act. It took Remon to give Kanna the courage to confess, and when it came down to it, she was still hesitant and stumbed on her words.
Being shy is not a legitimate excuse to continue being passive. Mio is far more introverted than Kanna and she still was more honest to Tetsurou than Kanna has ever been towards Kaito.

Kaito ditching Kanna was unfortunate, but even with her efforts in today's episode, she has still been the least proactive member of the group.
And that's why Kaito should end it. Kanna isn't going to spit it out, and Kaito could end her suffering. Unnatural, maybe, but best for all parties involved. Kaito doesnt have to worry anymore. Tetsurou is put in an interesting position. Kanna gets to move on. I guess it may put Mio in a difficult position. Still better than being left hanging...
exs120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 21:21   Link #762
Robotnik
Not a member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exs120 View Post
Duly noted. But if Kaito was more perceptive, especially with the knowledge of Kanna liking him, he should be more proactive in telling her straight up his feelings. The fact is this show keeps skirting the issue. I have to wonder why the creators are doing this.

Honestly, I think the creators like trolling Kanna supporters hard. For a show that is refreshing for its quick plot progression, they are slow to deliver the supposed final deathblow to Kanna. I think they haven't because...their evil.
I think Kaito's acting the way most teenagers would in the same situation IRL - he doesn't want to come right out and hurt Kanna's feelings and also create an uncomfortable situation with someone he's going to have to see every day at school.
Robotnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 22:55   Link #763
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

I dont like Mio with short hair and every one look so cute in there yukatas
Old 2012-02-28, 23:47   Link #764
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Spoiler for EVE:

Why do they have to beat up EVE? Wall E sad
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 01:27   Link #765
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
i just can't get enough of Rinon's "nah~nah~nah" she's so cute, a Rinon is fine too
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 03:49   Link #766
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I think this all ties into the general assumption among viewers with anime - the guy is an asshole, and the girl is a saint. And if the girl happens to be your favorite girl, so much the better.

Here's a wild idea - maybe Kanna has a responsibility to actually tell Kaito how she feels if she's to expect any sort of direct response from him in return. She doesn't even know that Tetsuro has said anything, so how exactly does she expect Kaito to know, and respond appropriately? It seems to me as if the responsibility to take the next step is on Kanna, since she's the one who has feelings for Kaito. It's not incumbent upon him to tell every girl he knows whether he's into them or not.
This is pretty much the reason why I can't get with the idea that you're only supposed to do what what you're obliged to do. I just the think the person that's capable of doing something first, should do it first. She's the one with the feelings so she's the one that's more likely to be hurt the most.

Besides, Kanna is trying to tell Kaito how he actually feels. But she has to be sensitive about it too and pick the right moment.

Anyway I don't think there's any double standard going on here. I doubt many of us would, for example, blame Taichi from Chihayafuru for not spitting it out by now. That would just be crazy.

Also I think there's been a bit of a misunderstanding. I don't actually blame Kaito for anything and he hasn't done anything that I could condemn. This...

Quote:
The other side of it is that Kaito is a 16 year-old NBK who's almost assuredly never been on a date and has no clue about romantic social interactions. He's been very direct and straightforward - he loves one specific girl, he told her about it. To expect him to sort through what Tetsuro told him and find the right way to deal with it when his attention is rightly focused on the girl he does have feelings for is unrealistic, in my view.
...is pretty much what I was supposed to say but instead I just wrote that he was procrastinating because it was quicker, which in hindsight is probably harsher than it was meant to sound...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 12:41   Link #767
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The ED came out today in Japan, and is #7 on the charts for its initial day. Congrats to nagi.

As for the current topic of discussion, I definitely and completely favour Kanna, but I don't blame young Kaito for his choice. Kanna had understandably not made herself clear to him, and he was understandably bowled over by this buxom and beautiful new girl in his life. I myself don't find Ichika a very believable or interesting character, but that's just me. I always like the osananajimi-type character. And I do find myself preferring Ishihara Kaori's voice to Tomatsu Haruka's here.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2012-02-29 at 13:16.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 12:51   Link #768
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
This is pretty much the reason why I can't get with the idea that you're only supposed to do what what you're obliged to do. I just the think the person that's capable of doing something first, should do it first. She's the one with the feelings so she's the one that's more likely to be hurt the most.

Besides, Kanna is trying to tell Kaito how he actually feels. But she has to be sensitive about it too and pick the right moment.
The one who is most capable of resolving Kanna's feelings is still Kanna. A few claim that Kaito should premptively reject Kanna, but Kanna is just as capable of confessing to Kaito directly and asking for a reply herself.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 13:05   Link #769
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
The one who is most capable of resolving Kanna's feelings is still Kanna.
It isn't going to be any different just because Kaito preemptively told her. In both situations, Kaito actually has to tell her he doesn't have feelings for her. It's just that in one case Kaito preemptively tells her.

Quote:
A few claim that Kaito should premptively reject Kanna, but Kanna is just as capable of confessing to Kaito directly and asking for a reply herself.
But you're not taking into account their emotions and how difficult they can make things. This is what's important. As far as I'm aware of, they're both incapable.

Besides like I said: Kanna did try and tell him.
Old 2012-02-29, 13:06   Link #770
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Do or do not. There is no try.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 13:21   Link #771
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

So if the incredibly unfortunate circumstances that lead to Kaito having to cut Kanna off and run to Ichika, don't excuse Kanna doing what needs to be done, does that also mean that those same circumstances don't excuse Kaito not telling Kanna? I think that's rather contradictory to what you were just saying earlier:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
The other side of it is that Kaito is a 16 year-old NBK who's almost assuredly never been on a date and has no clue about romantic social interactions. He's been very direct and straightforward - he loves one specific girl, he told her about it. To expect him to sort through what Tetsuro told him and find the right way to deal with it when his attention is rightly focused on the girl he does have feelings for is unrealistic, in my view.
Old 2012-02-29, 13:25   Link #772
exs120
Uruchai Uruchai Uruchai

Kanna has much more at stake. All Kaito would do is alienate a friend he doesn't spend much time with anyways and clearly doesn't care about to the same degree as a random girl that entered his life. He'd be a real man if he did just end it.
Old 2012-02-29, 13:47   Link #773
EroKing

Old 2012-02-29, 14:22   Link #774
cyth
Banned

What are you guys even talking about? It's Kaito's choice. How in the world would a kind rejection help ease the pain is beyond me. There is no such thing when you get rejected. It hurts and you have to fucking deal with it. I'm glad that the series didn't pussyfoot around fragile otaku hearts. The creators decided this is who Kaito likes and he ain't gonna apologize for it. He doesn't need any reason to like Ichika, love isn't rational. Love isn't about setting flags, like you do in adult games. Love just happens, sometimes out of very stupid reasons. Especially teenage love. I'm glad the show is so lifelike in the romantic department.

But if you want, there are plenty of reasons to dislike Kanna. I especially dislike how dense this girl is. She can't read the atmosphere if her life depended on it. That's my reason. Kaito just prefers the older sister type. I mean, didn't you guys notice? Ichika's got a really nice set of tits.

I guess what this show wants to tell us is that we should be honest with our feelings. And I guess that's what Japan's culture of honne and tatemae needs. As I've read, in a real life Japanese setting, the relationship would never even come close to a confession given the anime's circumstances. Although Kanna is so fucking dense, I'm sure she could be forgiven for overstepping the relationship.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 14:37   Link #775
Shadow5YA

Quote:
So if the incredibly unfortunate circumstances that lead to Kaito having to cut Kanna off and run to Ichika, don't excuse Kanna doing what needs to be done, does that also mean that those same circumstances don't excuse Kaito not telling Kanna? I think that's rather contradictory to what you were just saying earlier:
Because it's Kanna who wants something more, not Kaito. However, despite Kanna wanting more, she does not put nearly as much effort as everyone else in this messy love chain. Let's not forget that it was not Kanna who created the circumstances to allow her to speak to Kaito, but Remon.

Contrast Kanna with Mio, who is plenty more shy than Kanna, and had to put up with Chiharu, a rival who is far more aggressive than Ichika. Mio was still able to speak honestly with Tetsurou and confessed without stuttering.

There was also Kaori, who also took it upon herself to call Kaito out to speak with him alone and confess. The fact that Kaito was interested in Ichika didn't stop her.

Take another look at Kanna. She played tsundere throughout the first half of the series. She "friendzoned" Tetsurou even more harshly than Kaito friendzoned her. The only time she tried anything was during this Test of Courage set up by Remon, and when it came down to it, she hesitated and was not clear at all. While it was unfortunate that Ichika shouted at that moment, Kanna could have easily said "I'm coming with you!" and followed after Kaito.

Don't get me wrong, she is adorable. However, in a cast full of characters that are nowhere near as dense as generic romance series, Kanna has put the least amount of effort so far. That is why I say she should do more.
Old 2012-02-29, 15:33   Link #776
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Because it's Kanna who wants something more, not Kaito. However, despite Kanna wanting more, she does not put nearly as much effort as everyone else in this messy love chain. Let's not forget that it was not Kanna who created the circumstances to allow her to speak to Kaito, but Remon.
Let's bear in mind that Kanna is currently under the impression that nothing is wrong, that Kaito doesn't have feelings for Ichika after all and that she doesn't know Kaito knows. She's not putting nearly as much effort because all the others know theirs are under threat whilst she doesn't. But she does take the chance to always visit his house whenever she can and it's not hard for her to believe she can take her time.

Quote:
Contrast Kanna with Mio, who is plenty more shy than Kanna, and had to put up with Chiharu, a rival who is far more aggressive than Ichika. Mio was still able to speak honestly with Tetsurou and confessed without stuttering.
She confessed about her panty issues, not that she loved Tetsuro. And she had to because Chiharu wouldn't stop calling her a pervert...

She doesn't need to worry about confessing to Tetsuro because it's so obvious to her already that Testuro likes Kanna and she's not going to stop him. That's not proactive.

Quote:
There was also Kaori, who also took it upon herself to call Kaito out to speak with him alone and confess. The fact that Kaito was interested in Ichika didn't stop her.
And it also helps that she didn't actually have feelings for him and was just using him to escape from her own problems.

Quote:
Take another look at Kanna. She played tsundere throughout the first half of the series. She "friendzoned" Tetsurou even more harshly than Kaito friendzoned her. The only time she tried anything was during this Test of Courage set up by Remon, and when it came down to it, she hesitated and was not clear at all. While it was unfortunate that Ichika shouted at that moment, Kanna could have easily said "I'm coming with you!" and followed after Kaito.
She didn't hesitate. She was just nervous. She was clearly going to do it.

Kanna wasn't going to say "I'm coming with you" and follow after because she was taken completely by surprise. The moment passed before she could even say anything. You can clearly see the surprise on her face.
Old 2012-02-29, 16:30   Link #777
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I'm of the opinion that the ball is still on Kanna's court. She hasn't made an explicit move yet, and it is NOT Kaito's problem until she does so.

Just because Kaito has an idea how she is gonna hit the ball doesn't mean he should pre-emptively tell her. For one, he doesn't know for certain if Tetsu is telling the truth, so he would look like a total idiot if he was wrong (only us the audience has the benefit of dramatic irony). But more importantly, it would look like he was a presumptuous douchebag regardless of Kanna's feelings or intent to do with those feelings.

Just my 2 cents.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 18:24   Link #778
exs120
Uruchai Uruchai Uruchai

Quote:

Don't get me wrong, she is adorable. However, in a cast full of characters that are nowhere near as dense as generic romance series, Kanna has put the least amount of effort so far. That is why I say she should do more.
Actually, she couldn't follow. I would think yukatas and sandals are really hard to run in, let alone ride a Rinna spaceship thing...
Old 2012-02-29, 18:28   Link #779
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Let's bear in mind that Kanna is currently under the impression that nothing is wrong, that Kaito doesn't have feelings for Ichika after all and that she doesn't know Kaito knows. She's not putting nearly as much effort because all the others know theirs are under threat whilst she doesn't. But she does take the chance to always visit his house whenever she can and it's not hard for her to believe she can take her time.
Wrong. She is well aware of Kaito's feelings for Ichika. She ran out on them in one episode, and that's where Tetsurou suggested that Kanna confess to Kaito anyway. Kanna refused and said "you don't know what it's like to like someone" to Tetsurou.

Quote:
She confessed about her panty issues, not that she loved Tetsuro. And she had to because Chiharu wouldn't stop calling her a pervert...

She doesn't need to worry about confessing to Tetsuro because it's so obvious to her already that Testuro likes Kanna and she's not going to stop him. That's not proactive.
Wrong again. She confessed right after they finished talking about about her nudist issue.

Quote:
And it also helps that she didn't actually have feelings for him and was just using him to escape from her own problems.
That is questionable. Assuming that is entirely true and Kaori never felt even a tiny bit for Kaito, she still stated that she confessed to another guy whom she liked before and took the rejection.

Quote:
She didn't hesitate. She was just nervous. She was clearly going to do it.

Kanna wasn't going to say "I'm coming with you" and follow after because she was taken completely by surprise. The moment passed before she could even say anything. You can clearly see the surprise on her face.
No, Kanna hesitated because she was nervous. I know why she did. Everyone does. It's understandable. However, she still has to face the consequences for her actions or lack of actions. She gave less effort. Considering she is at a disadvantage, that should be more reason for her to be more proactive than everyone else, not for Tetsurou to hold her hand and do the work for her or for Kaito to be the benevolent psychic and let him preemptively reject her.
Old 2012-02-29, 18:39   Link #780
exs120
Uruchai Uruchai Uruchai

Quote:
Wrong. She is well aware of Kaito's feelings for Ichika. She ran out on them in one episode, and that's where Tetsurou suggested that Kanna confess to Kaito anyway. Kanna refused and said "you don't know what it's like to like someone" to Tetsurou.

Wrong again. She confessed right after they finished talking about about her nudist issue.

That is questionable. Assuming that is entirely true and Kaori never felt even a tiny bit for Kaito, she still stated that she confessed to another guy whom she liked before and took the rejection.

No, Kanna hesitated because she was nervous. I know why she did. Everyone does. It's understandable. However, she still has to face the consequences for her actions or lack of actions. She gave less effort. Considering she is at a disadvantage, that should be more reason for her to be more proactive than everyone else, not for Tetsurou to hold her hand and do the work for her or for Kaito to be the benevolent psychic and let him preemptively reject her.
Ichika has put in no effort whatsoever. All she had to do was:
1. Be a new girl (Kanna must have been too familiar and boring for the fickle Kaito)
2. Have big boobs (Kanna is by no means flat)
3. Not dissuade Kaito - which she definitely put no effort into during the botched kiss scene

Last edited by exs120; 2012-02-29 at 18:53.

Tags
romantic comedy, shounen