AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-07, 11:33   Link #1161
Tsuchiro

and there goes the clone theory!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2008-08-07, 11:44   Link #1162
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by daimonth View Post
http://org83.zorpia.com/0/4591/29386327.01a673.jpg

Now playing: Idolmaster Ranka(left) and Galatic Romance(right).. Wait they are the same piece?

w00t! Nice!

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-08-07, 12:08   Link #1163
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Can we open up a thread for episode 18 now? Some of us have seen it already.

Spoiler:
Old 2008-08-07, 12:30   Link #1164
SymphonicRain

Spoiler:

Of course Ickem is in better position to clarify and explain better than I do once he is free.
Old 2008-08-07, 15:57   Link #1165
Sleepy100
*snore**snore* zzz.......

They just showed the 3 main scientist behind the 117th fleet. I think one of the voices in 15 belongs to Mao Nome.
Old 2008-08-07, 17:32   Link #1166
Darial
Otaku in disguise

The September Animedia article has a good interview with Kawamori about the last part of the series. The best part I think is the 10 questions session. Here are some partial translations (the translations are very rough, so I apologize for any inaccuracies in advance. I'll edit it in full once I have a chance to double check tonight):

Q1: As we are approaching the end of the series, what hints can you give us?

Going straight to the finale? No no. There are another couple twists and turns coming, and every week is going to be very exciting, so please keep on watching.

Q2: Alto x Ranka X Sheryl, which way is the love triangle going?

There will be highs and lows for both Ranka and Sheryl fans as the story move forward, but Alto is kinda dense. However, once Alto figures out how he really feels, expect it to move in a big way.

Q3: In light of all the heavy battles, are we going to have character deaths?

Well, it'd be nice to have all the characters surviving through the end. However, this is a story with heavy battles.... So if your favorite character dies, and please cry for him/her and I will also cry.

Q4: From here on out, which characters should we pay special attention to?

From here on out, all the characters have major changes ahead of them. Each of them will choose their own fate through their free will. So please watch everyone carefully.

Q5: At the end, is Alto going to choose to be an Kabuki actor or a pilot?

Hmmm.. <laugh> If I tell you, it'd ruin all the fun in the finale. No comment.

Q6: Is playboy Michael going find a steady girlfriend?

No comment <sweating>. Everyone can use their imagination. Is it going to work out? Will Michael find true love? Please continue to watch with anticipation.

Q7: Is the day where we get to know Barera's true self coming?

Of course it's coming.

Q8: What's going to happen to the rivalry between Alto and Brera?

Once Brera's true story is revealed, Alto will have to react to it. Use common sense to think about what might happen, those two won't get along. However, as the story goes on, things might change.

Q9: Is Luka going have an active role?

Luca has many difficulties ahead of him. I feel a little sorry for him. Please support him in his quest for happiness.

Q10: Are we going to see more of the adult characters (Ozma and co.)?

Of course, they are in a different position then Alto's group by investigating the conspiracy behind the Vajra war. There are some surprising confrontations coming up. Please look forward to it.

Enjoy!

Last edited by Darial; 2008-08-07 at 23:42. Reason: Updated after further check.
Old 2008-08-07, 17:48   Link #1167
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

It seems Animedia summaries are worded differently from Newtype's.

Spoiler for Animedia Episode Summaries:
Old 2008-08-07, 18:01   Link #1168
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

[QUOTE=crisis;1786374]It seems Animedia summaries are worded differently from Newtype's.

Hmmm...another confirmation of Sheryl telling Alto that she won't sing anymore. I'm sure this is just temporary.

Spoiler:

Uh oh...is someone going to bite the dust in this one? Much talk about the "heart"

Spoiler:

Oh this one is angsty. Looks like someone is going to lose in this episode....

Spoiler:

YAY! This one will be a good one for Sheryl.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-08-07, 18:16   Link #1169
Wesley84

Quote:
Q1: As we are approaching the end of the series, what hints can you give us?

Going straight to the finale? No no. There are another couple twists and turns coming, and every week is going to be very exciting, so please keep on watching.
Let this torment end!

Quote:
Q2: Alto x Ranka X Sheryl, which way is the love triangle going?

[Side comment translation reserved] Once Alto figures out how he really feels, expect it to move in a big way.
He seems happy with the status quo.

Quote:
Q3: In light of all the heavy battles, are we going to have character deaths?

Well, it'd be nice to have all the characters surviving through the end. However, there would be very little to show then. So some character(s) may die, and please cry for them when it happens. I will also cry.
At this rate, I'll probably laugh or cheer. The only character I'm particularly invested in is Ranka, and that's on a knife's edge after these last few episodes.

Quote:
Q4: From here on out, which characters should we pay special attention to?

From here on out, all the characters have major changes ahead of them. Each of them will choose their own fate through their free will. So please watch everyone carefully.
Boring and hyperbolic. They won't be able to deliever since they haven't delievered so far.

Quote:
Q5: At the end, is Alto going to choose to be an Kabuki actor or a pilot?

Hmmm.. <laugh> If I tell you, it'd ruin all the fun in the finale. No comment.
Probably pilot. Kabuki is too good for him.

Quote:
Q6: Is playboy Michael going find a steady girlfriend?

No comment. (I left out the side comments because I'm lazy right now)
He's a mere flirt that hangs out with a shota and shemale all day. He'd have been more interesting if he were older and Klan was his little sister.

Quote:
Q7: Is the day where we get to know Barera's true self coming?

Of course it's coming.
They've given enough hints anything other than brother would be stupid.

Quote:
Q10: Are we going to see more of the adult characters (Ozma and co.)?

Of course, they are in a different position then Alto's group by investigating the conspiracy behind the Vajra war. There are some surprising confrontations coming up. Please look forward to it.
Conspiracies suck.
Old 2008-08-07, 18:19   Link #1170
Var
Banned

From the looks of the spoilers and interview... we're going for a Sheryl end. How... good? Though I must admit, the further this show goes the more Ranka just looks like a little girl to me.
Old 2008-08-07, 18:24   Link #1171
zalem

But she still has that virus. What if they finally have Sheryl/Alto only to kill her off from the disease. That would be depressing. Maybe Ranka has the cure somehow...
Old 2008-08-07, 18:25   Link #1172
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
But she still has that virus. What if they finally have Sheryl/Alto only to kill her off from the disease. That would be depressing. Maybe Ranka has the cure somehow...
I never said it would be a happy ending, though with how they handled Ozma, I could half expect someone to just invent the cure as Sheryl's dieing or something. Either way, though, they're not doing much with all the recent Ranka-sodes other than making her appear more childish, and putting Sheryl through a thumb-vice (building a big Sheryl and Alto confrontation).
Old 2008-08-07, 18:27   Link #1173
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

*rubs eyes* Did I just see Code Geass's passionately wordy shipper slowly venturing into the MF fandom and slowly boarding our ship?
Old 2008-08-07, 18:31   Link #1174
zalem

Yeah, I was kind of surprised to see Var. I thought I was in the CG forum for a bit. Heh. Who do you ship Var?
Old 2008-08-07, 18:32   Link #1175
magnuskn

[QUOTE=lone_wolf;1786406]
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
It seems Animedia summaries are worded differently from Newtype's.

Hmmm...another confirmation of Sheryl telling Alto that she won't sing anymore. I'm sure this is just temporary.

Spoiler:

Uh oh...is someone going to bite the dust in this one? Much talk about the "heart"

Spoiler:

Oh this one is angsty. Looks like someone is going to lose in this episode....

Spoiler:

YAY! This one will be a good one for Sheryl.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Would anybody care to enlighten us non-Japanese speaking persons? ^^
Old 2008-08-07, 18:34   Link #1176
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
*rubs eyes* Did I just see Code Geass's passionately wordy shipper slowly venturing into the MF fandom and slowly boarding our ship?
I was in this forum when it first opened, but I prefer CG and therein spend my time mostly there. My ship is pretty set at the moment there as it stands, so ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Yeah, I was kind of surprised to see Var. I thought I was in the CG forum for a bit. Heh. Who do you ship Var?
I post in various forums, come on. Sheryl, I did enjoy Ranka at the start but she's... to childish. Sheryl also, at the very least, knows what/who she likes and how to get them.
Old 2008-08-07, 18:44   Link #1177
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post

Spoiler:
Old 2008-08-07, 20:16   Link #1178
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

[QUOTE=magnuskn;1786497]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post

Well, for episode 24 (because its the only episode I care right now, should I extend my care, I will look at them later) its basically Alto & co. are pissed at the Vajra. All they can think is kill kill kill kill kill kill and kill. New weapon is developed against those bastards. At the same time, although Sheryl told Alto she won't be singing, she sings again after newly found confidence.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-08-07, 20:19   Link #1179
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

[QUOTE=Tak;1786678]
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post

Well, for episode 24 (because its the only episode I care right now, should I extend my care, I will look at them later) its basically Alto & co. are pissed at the Vajra. All they can think is kill kill kill kill kill kill and kill. New weapon is developed against those bastards. At the same time, although Sheryl told Alto she won't be singing, she sings again after newly found confidence.

- Tak
Wait...I didn't post this response above LOL.

--Lone Wolf
Old 2008-08-07, 20:22   Link #1180
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post

Well, for episode 24
You mean Episode 22 right?
Closed Thread

Tags
speculation, spoilers