ISML Kaichō
*IT Support

Nagi-sama is the better goddess anyway.
Old 2008-12-05, 11:38   Link #17502
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
But even if Nagisa doesn't get any stronger due to AS, the other four should get considerably weaker as the year progresses. Fuko will be out by next year. Kotomi might not even see top 16 again. So forth.

They might. If they do, there won't be much a challenge to the top seeds. Then again, Haruhi and Yuki have been MIA since mid-2006 and they're still strong. Same for Fate and Nanoha.(Although once you become a part of their fanbase, you rarely ever leave it) I think Clannad characters will continue to stay strong until Kyoani comes up with another anime to overshadow them with.

Last edited by Demi.; 2008-12-05 at 11:52.
Old 2008-12-05, 11:57   Link #17503
kyon.haruhi.suzumiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
They might. If they do, there won't be much a challenge to the top seeds. Then again, Haruhi and Yuki have been MIA since mid-2006 and they're still strong. Same for Fate and Nanoha.(Although once you become a part of their fanbase, you rarely ever leave it) I think Clannad characters will continue to stay strong until Kyoani comes up with another anime to overshadow them with.
Hmm. However, remember that Kotomi, Fuko and Kyou were never meant to be major characters in the way that Nagisa and Tomoyo were. These two are almost equivalent to Haruhi and Yuki in a way.
Old 2008-12-05, 12:01   Link #17504
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Considering that Nagisa went the farthest in J-Saimoe, breaking the Key curse so to speak that has been there since AIR left the screens, and that she placed fairly high this year in ISML, she's got a very good chance at 16th place or better. She should be able to replace Mai's spot at least, if not Kotomi's by the end of After Story.

Unlike Ayu, the story doesn't feel like Nagisa is stealing the man from the rest of the harem. It feels natural.
Old 2008-12-05, 12:03   Link #17505
kyon.haruhi.suzumiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Considering that Nagisa went the farthest in J-Saimoe, breaking the curse so to speak that has been there since AIR left the screens, and that she placed fairly high this year in ISML, she's got a very good chance at 16th place or better. She should be able to replace Mai's spot at least, if not Kotomi's by the end of After Story.

Unlike Ayu, the story doesn't feel like Nagisa is stealing the man from the rest of the harem. It feels natural.
I was refering to the others that seem to be always be in the background, like Kotomi, Fuko and Kyou.

Nagisa's profile for ISML 09

Quote:
Past Saimoé History

Nagisa's whole theater club was actually invited to participate in this contest by none other than SOS-dan's Haruhi Suzumiya (Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu).
Haruhi inviting them... so that she can take over the Theater club room next?
Old 2008-12-05, 12:14   Link #17506
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Considering that Nagisa went the farthest in J-Saimoe, breaking the Key curse so to speak that has been there since AIR left the screens, and that she placed fairly high this year in ISML, she's got a very good chance at 16th place or better. She should be able to replace Mai's spot at least, if not Kotomi's by the end of After Story.

Yea, and Tsukasa almost defeated Kagami in JSaimoe, when Tsukasas would have been completely slaughtered in ISML. This Isn't 2chan. And Fuko - Not a chance in hell could she make top 16 in ISML, even if she made top 8 in Japan.

@kyon.haruhi.suzumiya: This is a case where side-characters are just more popular than the main cast. Nagisa has tons more cast time in Clannad than Kyou, but she is still considerably weaker. Tomoyo's a entirely different story, though. ISML 2008: Tomoyo, Kotomi, and Kyou all defeated Nagisa with relative ease. And Fuko came very close to defeating her as well.
Old 2008-12-05, 12:15   Link #17507
kyon.haruhi.suzumiya

Quote:
@kyon.haruhi.suzumiya: This is a case where side-characters are just more popular. Nagisa has tons more cast time in Clannad than Kyou, but she is still considerably weaker. Tomoyo's a entirely different story, though.
Umm, care to explain...? I don't really understand what you're getting at...
Old 2008-12-05, 12:20   Link #17508
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyon.haruhi.suzumiya View Post
Umm, care to explain...? I don't really understand what you're getting at...
I mean Tomoyo is one of, if not the most popular character from Clannad.
Old 2008-12-05, 12:22   Link #17509
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Tomoyo stars in her own game, so she is a lead character, at least in Tomoyo After.

Nagisa's time is After Story. Clannad focused on the other girls from time to time (and Kyou's thighs are hard to resist)
Old 2008-12-05, 12:35   Link #17510
kyon.haruhi.suzumiya

Quote:
I mean Tomoyo is one of, if not the most popular character from Clannad.
That's a good thing.
Tomoyo + Kyou + Haruhi = Kyoani Big Bash.
Old 2008-12-05, 12:49   Link #17511
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well. Now its is up to the "seconds" rounds of SBM is present any possible additions to ISML. Not much chance of gaining any with so many good characters (that are already in ISLM 09) to sift through. Maybe we'll get a surprise or two (other that what we have so far, mostly males).

Side note: Gin-sama gets one more entry to her list via SBM for sure.
Old 2008-12-05, 16:22   Link #17512
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice[Lemon] View Post
BTW PREDICTION: Nagisa Furukawa gets at least Top 24. Likely Top 20. And a strong chance at Top 16.
Prediction: Nagisa Furukawa gets Top 16.
Old 2008-12-05, 16:43   Link #17513
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi
Prediction: Er, wait, Nagisa isn't important enough for me to care. Though people do have short memories, so lol After Story.
Old 2008-12-05, 17:54   Link #17514
hobbes04
New at Everything

What are you all talking about? Fuuko = <33333

But I would have to agree that Nagisa is the weakest clannad character; even IMO. And AS should affect the outcome somewhat, but regardless whether ISML = 2chan or not I predict the side chars Kotomi, Tomoyo and Kyou having more support. Kyou is my favorite after Fuuko, so where is Fuuko's route?
Old 2008-12-05, 18:32   Link #17515
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishi View Post
Though people do have short memories, so lol After Story.
This. Otherwise, I wouldn't believe that Nagisa would become one of the stronger Clannad characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes04 View Post
Kyou is my favorite after Fuuko, so where is Fuuko's route?
The first route of the first season.
Old 2008-12-05, 18:59   Link #17516
Bathory Area
Jigoku Shoujo

So bored to argue because time will prove it,he he!!!

*Rena got 4th in 2007 Saimoe and Nagisa got 4th in 2008 Saimoe(It s so accidentally.)
Old 2008-12-05, 19:39   Link #17517
Eater of All
NOM

If KyoAni manages to create epic out of After Story (which I believe will happen), then Nagisa will get a big break through. If not, then maybe she'll get a small break through. Either way, Nagisa will inevitably rise from her current status quo as her story comes to a conclusion. 90% of the voters doesn't vote out of moe anyways; it's all about the impression....

EDIT: Especially in a long tournament such as this one.
Old 2008-12-05, 21:00   Link #17518
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyon.haruhi.suzumiya View Post
Nagisa's profile for ISML 09

Haruhi inviting them... so that she can take over the Theater club room next?
Huh... I told the ISML Staff to remove all of those whacky "Past Saimoe History" paragraphs for 2009. Maybe they didn't hear me.
Old 2008-12-05, 21:38   Link #17519
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Huh... I told the ISML Staff to remove all of those whacky "Past Saimoe History" paragraphs for 2009. Maybe they didn't hear me.
Or maybe...They ignored you.
Old 2008-12-06, 01:45   Link #17520
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
I thought you wanted us to complete them then update them altogether, not piece by piece.

Last edited by KholdStare; 2008-12-06 at 02:12.
Closed Thread

Tags
i-moe, i-saimoe, isml, saimoe