AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

Old 2006-10-10, 13:34   Link #261
Scorpio3.14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity View Post
Nope, because I won't read a blog before I've seen the episode in question, and that won't be for a while yet, unfortunately.
If you dont care about some reduced quality there is always watching it on YouTube XD

Anyways, episode two airs in less then 24 hours Can't wait to hear/see the OP and ED, I hope they are good :P
Scorpio3.14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 13:45   Link #262
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity View Post
Nope, because I won't read a blog before I've seen the episode in question, and that won't be for a while yet, unfortunately.

Okay. Then when you're done seeing ep. 1, go to the ep. 1 blog and read the blackboard stuff and play the video for 'Da Bomb!" reference . It really is funny.
Old 2006-10-10, 15:08   Link #263
Jinasakura
Huh?

I loved the episode...right down to the cliffhanger picture of eva hovering over negi...I noticed they were focusing on a braclet...wonder what thats about. but as long as i get to see kotaru and negi fight together ill be happy...hell as long as i get to see the kyoto arc ill be happy...anyway Gratz to mahora or a great first subbing <.< >.> later all ^.^
Jinasakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 16:41   Link #264
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinasakura View Post
I noticed they were focusing on a braclet...wonder what thats about.
It seems to be used for a sense of continuity. Since they didn't show Negi's father's face clearly, it was also important for identifying him. The importance in this episode is that it was passed down from father to son and I found it powerful in that way. If there is relevance to the plot, that remains to be seen.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 16:43   Link #265
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Indeed, it'll be something we shall find out soon.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-10-10, 17:45   Link #266
Jinsoo
KAGEYAMA!!!
*Artist

Send a message via AIM to Jinsoo Send a message via MSN to Jinsoo
I think rather than calling Negima!? a remake, since most remakes actually kind of follow the original, I think a better word would be retelling. But that's just me
Jinsoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 20:33   Link #267
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Wow.

Re-imagining hardly covers it. Incredible that both series could have sprung from the same source material - could the treatments have been any more different? I don't dislike the Xebec version nearly as much as some - I sorta liked it, at least in parts. But this is another animal - edgy, offbeat, frenetic (in a good way). Can't wait to see more.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 21:30   Link #268
raideralan

How come the version 2 shows no seeds or leechers?
raideralan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 21:32   Link #269
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raideralan View Post
How come the version 2 shows no seeds or leechers?
I believe the first torrent had some problems with it, so they fixed and released a version 2 of version 2. :3
Old 2006-10-10, 21:44   Link #270
EzeWong

I've just watched the 22-26 episodes of the original and the first episode of the new Negima?!. Personally, I prefer the old one. The new one seems kinda lackluster in humor and when they attempt a joke, the timing is all off.

(you know, kinda like how two people can tell the same joke but one guy just kills it... Negima?! is that guy)

Although it is definately a lot less fan servicey (which I'd prefer) and the art is much better, everything seems so much... slower and darker. It's not nearly as vibrant and energetic as the previous series. I understand they were aiming for of a serious feel... but come on... its a mahou sensei... a gradeschool boy magician teaching in an all girls school... the topic matter does not prelude to serious epic battles.

I didn't laugh at all, snicker, or find anything slightly amusing in the first episode, I hope they pick up the pace and start making things funny cause... I'm totally dissapointed... :< kinda sad, but I'll watch it anyways. lol i've just been tooled
EzeWong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 22:02   Link #271
raideralan

What i meant to say was how come on the torrent list on animesuki's main page they don't show the number of seeds and leechers for the version 2 of negima. Is the torrent not working?
raideralan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 23:13   Link #272
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by raideralan View Post
What i meant to say was how come on the torrent list on animesuki's main page they don't show the number of seeds and leechers for the version 2 of negima. Is the torrent not working?
Have you actually tried to start it? Those numbers are not always accurate. You might get better numbers by going to the fansub main website....

but fire it off first and see what happens, eh?
Old 2006-10-10, 23:54   Link #273
Tiberium Wolf

I wonder why they keep butchering Akamatsu Ken work's. The art is better than the previous season but still is not enough. The arts seems worse than the OVA promo.
Old 2006-10-11, 00:06   Link #274
Jinsoo
KAGEYAMA!!!
*Artist

Send a message via AIM to Jinsoo Send a message via MSN to Jinsoo
Well, it's not like they can actually follow the manga straight since it isn't even done yet. Anime can catch up pretty fast with the manga and then they start doing countless fillers. And y'know how much fillers can ruin an anime T3T;

It's too early to really judge it. It's only the first episode, maybe a later episode will really shine.
Jinsoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 00:27   Link #275
Scorpio3.14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
I wonder why they keep butchering Akamatsu Ken work's. The art is better than the previous season but still is not enough. The arts seems worse than the OVA promo.
OVAs are straight to DVD releases that generally have a lot more money relative to time of development per time animated put into it so its to be expeted that the animation of an OVA is better then a full length series. Regardless the animation of Negima!? is still very good.

As for butchering Akamatsu's work, well to put it simple Negima!? is not Akamatsu's work. Its Akiyuki Shinbo's work that is loosly based on Akamatsu's work. Even Akamatsu has expressed his initial approval of the new series and is interested in seeing where it goes. Those that expect this to stay faithful to Akamatsu's manga are only setting themselves up for disappointment.
Scorpio3.14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 00:46   Link #276
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Akamatsu has said he likes it... thats good enough for me to give it a chance. The first Negima series he tried to manage and it got away from him (though he was able to get the first team canned, by then the damage had been done). Shinbo is an outstanding director with his own quirks and I think the mixture is going to play well.

The animation of this first episode is mixed... some of it is very watercolor arty, some of it is almost oil painting. If we remember Tsukuyomi Moon Phase, the first two eps were extremely atmospheric.

I'd say give Negima!? five eps.... if you still can't stand it, head back to the manga... which has its own derails and sidetracks depending on what you like about the story. In the manga, some people like the action.... I enjoyed vol 11 (lots of Kaede and Mana) but I must admit I'm starting to miss the Yue and Nodoka thread - lots of stuff left to do there. I don't *dislike* Ken A.'s manga but he has a bad tendency to ramble around, leave threads dangling, lose focus, or go shooting around in his stories. There are a good 2 or 3 volumes worth of material in Love Hina that most folks would just label a complete waste of time or detracting to the story. Negima is in some danger of that... simply too many threads to weave if he isn't careful.
Old 2006-10-11, 00:49   Link #277
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Spoiler for fan service:
Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 00:59   Link #278
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Akamatsu has said he likes it... thats good enough for me to give it a chance.
Of course he said he likes it! If it does well, it will help him make money. If he publicly said that he hated them taking such dramatic liberties with his work, it could only hurt sales.

I hope he really did like it, but I never trust it when an original creator says that he loves something that deviates from his vision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin-Sama View Post
I hate how they have screwed up so many of the girls' character designes (especially Nodoka!)
Of course the last Negima series took liberties with character designs as well... I guess that's just a tradition now.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 01:10   Link #279
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Agreed..... I must admit my tongue was sticking into my cheek when I wrote that.

The character styles I'm more sanguine about... much like fan art sometimes takes a character and renders them in that artist's style -- the good stuff you can still immediately tell who the character is.
Old 2006-10-11, 01:37   Link #280
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Quick question, in episode 1 it showed Asuna in some fuedal lord costume. Is there a reason for her dressing like that or did she just messed up while putting her clothes on in a half awake state of mind.