Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-28, 14:12   Link #101
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
yea I have to agree here. It's true that kubo stretches things and sometimes makes no sense, but bringing ulquiorra back would completely break a well established rule that hollows' souls get permanently destroyed when killed by means other than a zanpakutou
That rule applies to hollows though, Ulquiorra was an arrancar. Afaik we have absolutely no idea what happens to dead Arrancar and Vizards. There's something to think about :P
Old 2012-01-28, 20:17   Link #102
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Ulq should stay dead. He was given the best death scene out of all the arrancar and him coming back alive would take away from it.

Bring back Gin. I miss the creepy grin.

Old 2012-01-28, 20:29   Link #103
Alchemist007
*Author

Yeah there's one dude who was simply taken off the scene (like a bitch too).

Last edited by Alchemist007; 2012-01-29 at 01:23.
Old 2012-01-28, 21:49   Link #104
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
I second this. The only tragic, twisted love story in all of Bleachverse and he couldn't even give them a proper ending. Lame.
Old 2012-01-29, 04:28   Link #105
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
I thought the only arrancar of any real strenght left where Nel and Harribel all the others where confirmed dead?
from what I'm seeing based on the manga and kubo's recent words, only Arroniero, Apporo, Ulquiorra and Barragan are confirmed dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Ulq should stay dead. He was given the best death scene out of all the arrancar and him coming back alive would take away from it.
here here

Quote:
here here again I just have this feeling that gin will be back in some way. maybe his righteous attempt to thwart aizen earned him a spot in the zero squad?
Old 2012-01-29, 23:03   Link #106
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
from what I'm seeing based on the manga and kubo's recent words, only Arroniero, Apporo, Ulquiorra and Barragan are confirmed dead
One massive thing i hated about the previous arc is the fact that who is dea and who is alive is in question. This is something that should be crystal clear. Seriously we need kubo to confirm these things because he could not take a panel or two to make it clear who died and who was still alive.
Old 2012-01-29, 23:36   Link #107
sayde

This is going to seem pretty late, but I can't help but respond to some of the replies I just read from Kubo.

Quote:
Kubo: I think Genryuusai wouldn’t change much from his current state if he trained. Wouldn’t it be strange for someone who’s lived for over two thousand years to change over a period of 17 months? However, he does have unseen, inner changes.
Wow. Good logic Kubo. In fact it's the same exact logic I've been arguing since the arrancar saga. Apparently, the only difference we have, is that Kubo only applies it to beings who are millenniums of years old. I on the other hand, struggle to comprehend how beings who are centuries of years old (i.e. all the other Captains and VC's) are exempt from experiencing this same problem.

Quote:
Q: What about Genryuusai’s left arm?

Kubo: He only has his right arm now.
Quote:
Q: What happened to the hand lost to “aging?”

Kubo: Soi Fon’s left hand has been healed.
I love how the most obvious questions are ignored while the most simplest useless answers from Kubo are given. For the love of god, why couldn't the interviewer ask why Yamamoto's arm wasn't healed? Why couldn't the interviewer ask why Orihime didn't play any role here whatsoever? Seriously, wtf? If the old man was feeling too prideful to have his arm healed, then just say so already. Otherwise, there's no good reason why Yamamoto has to continue living with one arm.
Old 2012-01-30, 04:19   Link #108
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I kind of assumed his arm couldn't be healed because he used a sacrificial kido. Just don't think too much about it.
Old 2012-01-30, 06:01   Link #109
Alchemist007
*Author

The world will never know.
Old 2012-01-30, 06:10   Link #110
Jouten

BTW what happend to Hitsugaya's arm?
Old 2012-01-30, 08:23   Link #111
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jouten View Post
BTW what happend to Hitsugaya's arm?
Are you all forgetting that Orihime healed Grimmjaw's GONE arm? it was none existant after a certain someone vanquished it.
Old 2012-01-30, 15:08   Link #112
sayde

She also brought back Menoly's body after it got blasted into oblivion. So rejecting the self destruction of a mere limb should've been easy.
Old 2012-01-30, 15:11   Link #113
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Theoretically, any explanation could make sense due to the sheer ambiguity of Kubo's plot devices and that's the real problem. Too many possible answers.
Old 2012-01-31, 12:16   Link #114
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
One massive thing i hated about the previous arc is the fact that who is dea and who is alive is in question. This is something that should be crystal clear. Seriously we need kubo to confirm these things because he could not take a panel or two to make it clear who died and who was still alive.
my guess is that he did it on purpose so that the reveal in the next arc of who is alive will be more surprising. I'm not saying I agree with that storytelling technique, just that's what I assume the reason is for not explicitly saying who is alive and who is dead. Kubo likes cheap plot surprises like the random rank reveals of the espada. there was no logical reason for ulquiorra to be as low as 4 and no reason for stark to be as high as 1. it was just a cheap surprise for lack of a meaningful plot to surprise the readers naturally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Theoretically, any explanation could make sense due to the sheer ambiguity of Kubo's plot devices and that's the real problem. Too many possible answers.
pretty much... I'm going to go with Yama-jii's pride getting in the way and never think about it again...
Old 2012-01-31, 13:47   Link #115
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
my guess is that he did it on purpose so that the reveal in the next arc of who is alive will be more surprising. I'm not saying I agree with that storytelling technique, just that's what I assume the reason is for not explicitly saying who is alive and who is dead. Kubo likes cheap plot surprises like the random rank reveals of the espada. there was no logical reason for ulquiorra to be as low as 4 and no reason for stark to be as high as 1. it was just a cheap surprise for lack of a meaningful plot to surprise the readers naturally.
The way I see it: many fans have taken certain characters' status as "deceased" for a year or two now, and Kubo wants to come out and say "surpriiiise!" this year round? As for the espada ranks...Ulquiorra was fine as #4, until he pulled a second form outta nowhere. Stark was cool as #1 but Barragan was far stronger and the freakin' king of HM, and he ended up being #2? Kubo logic at its finest.
Old 2012-01-31, 15:37   Link #116
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
The way I see it: many fans have taken certain characters' status as "deceased" for a year or two now, and Kubo wants to come out and say "surpriiiise!" this year round? As for the espada ranks...Ulquiorra was fine as #4, until he pulled a second form outta nowhere. Stark was cool as #1 but Barragan was far stronger and the freakin' king of HM, and he ended up being #2? Kubo logic at its finest.
yea looking back on it, I think it makes much more sense for it to be barragan #1, ulquiorra #2, stark #3, hallibel #4. it was clearly just an illogical plot twist to keep the readers interested.

"what a tweeeest!"
Old 2012-01-31, 21:16   Link #117
sayde

Well the Espada's rankings were supposedly just based on reiatsu. So when you consider Starks background (as the only one among them who'd accidentally kill hollows with his reiatsu alone), it would make sense for him to be #1. With that said, I completely agree with itachi-san314's rankings if more factors were to go into determining it.
Old 2012-01-31, 23:44   Link #118
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Anyone here got the new info on next arc
Old 2012-02-01, 06:02   Link #119
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
Anyone here got the new info on next arc
Spoiler:
Old 2012-02-01, 07:06   Link #120
haegar
mangaviking

looking at that mask, please don't tell me he needed three weeks break to come up with the idea of giving Mayuri a badass mask and make him the new badguy seeking the power of the soul king ...