AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2014-07-29, 22:54   Link #3241
Nemesis

You know,speaking of stats.......
Ive been thinking of trying to choose and raise Kanmusus which would have been good compliments instead of just going firepower all in.
(Cause like stated above all firepower and lacking cover in other areas isn't a good thing.)

Eg.Was thinking of raising a Myoukou as a compliment to my Kirishima for some AA as just in case.

Had been looking to raise some Heavy Cruisers,but i havent seen what their role is for so far.
Everything they do is seemingly mostly outclassed by other roles.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-29, 22:58   Link #3242
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Heavy cruisers are very good now. They can double attack in daytime, so they do much more damage than light cruisers. Moreover, you need heavy cruisers for certain maps such as 2-5.
Train up the Myoukou class. It looks like that the entire class will get kai2, not just Myoukou and Haguro.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-29, 23:11   Link #3243
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

CAs are also very formidable in night battles so it wouldn't hurt to have a few of them. They can tank hits very well (provided you leveled them properly) and can tear through almost anything in night battle nodes.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-29, 23:20   Link #3244
Cyprene

I train Takao and Atago, because I like having them around. Panpakapan!
Cyprene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-29, 23:48   Link #3245
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Ok. After Klashikari having had it with my tunnel vision, I've decided to throw caution to the wind, and here's the results of 101 crafts.

Successes
Reppu: 4
Ryuusei Kai: 2
Shiden Kai2: 6
Type 62: 4

Failures
Penguin: 19
Suisei: 8
Ryuusei: 1
Tenzan: 9
Type 0 recon: 14
Type 21: 18
Type 96: 5
Type 97: 2
Type 99:5
Zuiun: 4

Total consumption
82 Devmats
10,100 bauxite

Present total count
Reppu: 9
Shiden Kai2: 19
Suisei 12A: 12
Ryuusei Kai: 10

Feels... strangely satisfying. Cheaper than binge 5x LSC.

It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Last edited by panzerfan; 2014-07-30 at 00:03.
Old 2014-07-30, 00:09   Link #3246
Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
Heavy cruisers are very good now. They can double attack in daytime, so they do much more damage than light cruisers. Moreover, you need heavy cruisers for certain maps such as 2-5.
Train up the Myoukou class. It looks like that the entire class will get kai2, not just Myoukou and Haguro.
That's kinda the dilemma i am facing and why i doubt the strength of the fleet i have -Given that with almost every update,a new Kanmusu is introduced,or an existing one gets a significantly upgraded Kai Ni.

So,it's quite difficult for me to put together a reasonably strong and balanced fleet with new options keep opening all over.
Old 2014-07-30, 00:16   Link #3247
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Hmm. Think of what you need to field just one fleet. At absolute worst, you will field 4 of the same type of ship in most situation, 6 in exceptional maps (only 2-3 is like this.)

I went into Ironbottom Sound without a CA, and I managed to get through it with 2 CAs. CAV can substitute for CAs in some situation as well. Thinking back at this, I feel that the count should be to focus on 4xBB, the Kongous, 4xCV, 2xCA, 2xCAV, 2xCLT, 2xCVL.

Support expedition can be filled with whatever extra you got.

Edit: The devmat loss is starting to sink in for me by now. It takes about 2 weeks to save up that many devmats.

Last edited by panzerfan; 2014-07-30 at 00:42.
Old 2014-07-30, 00:46   Link #3248
Nemesis

Well,i'm gonna need time to raise the strong fleet i envisioned anyway.

It's kinda fast how i inflated my HQ level from when i started back from when i started a few months ago.
Just hope i have room to wriggle around eventually and raise all the Kanmusus i want.
Old 2014-07-30, 00:49   Link #3249
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
It's kinda fast how i inflated my HQ level from when i started back from when i started a few months ago.
My Admiral level 88. I started over from scratch at the start of June.
Old 2014-07-30, 01:15   Link #3250
Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
My Admiral level 88. I started over from scratch at the start of June.
*Shrug* I'm just 10 levels lower right now.Still dont have a proper fleet assembled.Was in the midst of trying to assemble all the CVs i would need after getting Taihou when the event got announced.

I tried investigating all known instances on the internet of people having their Kanmusu overleveling their HQ levels/Solutions to "Kuso Teitoku" with underleveled main fleet Kanmusu,i can only find one thread of someone mentioning the problem.

http://kancolle.himeuta.net/forums/s...eedback-Thread

I dont know man.You guys mentioned it might not be a problem and the so called easy clear advantage with lower HQ difficulty isn't that important in the long term......
But i'm still puzzled.
How do people manage to raise so many Kanmusu (around 10+ Kanmusu,like Myssa's list a few pages back?) to a decent level (equal to around Kai)? The amount of time needed would take at least a year at least,given how many types and how much exp needed.

Last edited by Nemesis; 2014-07-30 at 01:37.
Old 2014-07-30, 01:37   Link #3251
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

It doesn't take one year. I can technically get a fresh Hiryuu to Lvl77 in about 500 battles if I put her as flagship at 3-2A, and that's assuming if she does not get MVP all the time. It would only take 50 days if you only level her through daily PVP. If you do 10 battles a day with her at 3-2A and PVP, you will have her at Kai2 by end of the month.

Old 2014-07-30, 01:44   Link #3252
Nemesis

Ok,that means to "powerlevel" a Kanmusu,you do it-
A.One by one by putting them as flagship?
B.Grind her at 3-2-1 daily and do all 10 PVP battles until done?

Then you switch to the next ship you need to be trained as flagship until you have all them trained?
But,it would be techinically impossible to overlevel all of them past your HQ,right?
Well,i might not really need a whole fleet of overleveled Kanmusus,just a bunch of well trained ones i can use like Myssa's.
Old 2014-07-30, 02:02   Link #3253
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

And that's only if you do it the cheap way.
Once you unlock 5-4 and if you don't mind spending a little more resources,
You can practically level a CV / BB / CA there from Lv.30 to Lv.80 in like a week of casual grinding.

p.s. There's no such thing as overleveling a kanmusu. It may not matter now when you're trying to progress through regular maps, but eventually when you're dealing with boss enemies like the dreaded BB Hime, Re-class and the ever tanky Wo-Kai, every bit of accuracy and dodge rate you get from the levels can make a difference between a successful clear and a failed attempt at sinking the boss due to grazing. The levels also make night battle nodes significantly easier because of increased dodge rate -> increased chance to graze cut-ins and double attacks.

Ideally, you'd wanna first get 3~4 of each class (5~6 for DDs) into the 70s first, then slowly work your way towards getting those into the 90s as your goal.
Old 2014-07-30, 02:56   Link #3254
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I'm doing those power-leveling the cheap way. And only level up ships when there Kai-Ni actually out (in oppose to already started when the rumour was up). Can confirm that you will need only 2 weeks to get two lvl 1 ships to lvl 60-70. Not even counting the xp other ships get.

And when it' Yamato turn, it's 2 weeks to lvl 96. She will take all MVP. Don't think I ever see an orange face Yamato before

And God Lantern, what happened to your Kaga. I don't know why your secretary is a bloody Abyssal destroyer now, but you better say sorry. You definitely on the wrong there
Old 2014-07-30, 03:08   Link #3255
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

I'm joining the dark side. Actually I've joined the dark side for a while already, I just haven't changed my avatar to Wo as I did in the other forums.
Old 2014-07-30, 03:17   Link #3256
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Hmm. If you totally ignore consumption, then there's no problem with doing 10 5-4 runs a day. Every ship will get 500xp per battle. It's definitely not my cup of tea since I am a hoarder and all.

Old 2014-07-30, 03:49   Link #3257
Nemesis

Ive just read about the Lvl 100 scaling in events.....I know it doesn't usually show up,but just in case.....

Is that actually beatable with lvl 99 ships,or is one essentially screwed?
Old 2014-07-30, 03:52   Link #3258
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Lv.100 scaling is based on your HQ, not ship levels.

Level 100 difficulty in 2-5 for example, doesn't mean you need a fleet of Lv.100 to beat it.

Seriously the scaling isn't a big deal, stop scaring yourself over it.

There's only few differences between scaled difficulties like upgrading elite mobs to flagship verions and it doesn't really take much more to beat them.

The only reason why people were butthurt about it during Spring event is because of the extra BB Hime that spawned at the final boss node, which to be honest isn't really that much harder to beat due to the RNG nature of targeting the right enemy.
Old 2014-07-30, 03:53   Link #3259
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

And Lvl100+ ships arguably aren't exactly that superior to any other 90+ ship.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
The only reason why people were butthurt about it during Spring event is because of the extra BB Hime that spawned at the final boss node, which to be honest isn't really that much harder to beat due to the RNG nature of targeting the right enemy.
I disagree. The Senkanseiki was the major bane of E5, be it on the second node or the boss node.
If it wasn't for her, more than half of my attempts on the boss kill would have been successful, and I've seen many live stream on niconico where the helpless admiral failed because Senkanseiki was still alive during night battle, and subsequently tanked all attacks during the night. If it was just a Ta or Ru Class, it would have been a complete different story since they would most likely be crushed during day battle or at least half damaged for night battle, and any admiral below lvl80 had a frigging Ri class instead, not even a BB. The difference is just that big.

I'm pretty sure E5 had "less RNG" hazard than people might think, because the flagship protection animation cue didn't appear at all during my attempts and on videos I've watched, so it looked like major bad luck at first, but I'm pretty certain the flagship protection occured as usual, making the Senkanseiki's presence quite undesirable to the extreme.

Spring 2014 E5 boss composition was by far way harder and more frustrating than Fall 2013 E5 boss.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2014-07-30 at 04:42.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-30, 05:39   Link #3260
Nemesis

So uh.....tough as hell or simply unbeatable?

Tags
browser game, dmm, ship girls