AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 17 29.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 26.32%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 15.79%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 10.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 7.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 3.51%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 5.26%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-18, 12:50   Link #161
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
1.) Reading ancient lores gives informations on this and as he studies the valkyian history he may have read through all these things.
For something that big and important to the story, you would think they would of shown it in the anime instead of having the "may of read". This implied knowledge defense is pretty weak imo.
Old 2009-08-18, 12:56   Link #162
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
For something that big and important to the story, you would think they would of shown it in the anime instead of having the "may of read". This implied knowledge defense is pretty weak imo.
Well, weak is better than nothing. At least this is something where he could have his assumption. I'll rewatch some episodes and maybe I find some more details.
Old 2009-08-18, 12:56   Link #163
Joe_fh

I have one question for you guys: does the bettle end in this episode? I'm wondering if I should watch it or wait for the next one to come out so I'd get a more complete picture
Old 2009-08-18, 12:59   Link #164
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
I have one question for you guys: does the bettle end in this episode? I'm wondering if I should watch it or wait for the next one to come out so I'd get a more complete picture
Watch yourself But yes, the battle ends but the war continues. I would rather suggest to watch just to have it seen complete
Old 2009-08-18, 13:04   Link #165
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

Quote:
Reading ancient lores
...doesn't help at all.
At the risk of repeating myself, everything that is known about the valkyrurs is what they themselves fabricated. The ruins is the only place where truth is written.
All the rest is just folklore and/or fabricated.

At the risk of revealing a major story spoiler...
Spoiler for history of the valkyrur:

Well it's not that much a problem if we admit suspension of disbelief. The point however remains that the anime staff gave Faldio knowledge which he couldn't have gotten after the plot got changed. He knows stuff that is common knowledge amongst us watchers of the show (thanks to the game spoiling it) but which the characters in the show can't know.
Old 2009-08-18, 13:23   Link #166
tieria.erde
T-chan fan

what a load of cr@p i'm watching in this series? the heroine irks me, the male lead is spineless and triangle-guy is a moron. and they like killing off the characters i'm looking forward to watch.

dropped!

can't take this train-wreck anymore

Old 2009-08-18, 13:28   Link #167
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by tieria.erde View Post
what a load of cr@p i'm watching in this series? the heroine irks me, the male lead is spineless and triangle-guy is a moron. and they like killing off the characters i'm looking forward to watch.

dropped!

can't take this train-wreck anymore

I dunno how you can say that while liking a guy like tieria erde o_O. That guy was more emo than anyone in VC.
Old 2009-08-18, 13:40   Link #168
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
He already thinks of her as a descendant of Valkyrie for a few episodes ago. But this is the point where he takes the risks and shoots
You are not reading what we are saying clearly at all. All we are saying, is that this episode had presented to us, in the worst way, of Faldio's intentions (whatever it is at this point) of shooting Alicia from behind. In the game, he took a careful calculation. In the anime, there is none of that, he just shot her, point blank, with intentions to kill.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-08-18, 13:42   Link #169
tieria.erde
T-chan fan

@Sassarai- lol gundam 00 is a completely different anime from this one - epic level is so high that i shouldnt be even comparing with this anime and its characters.

my problem is i dont dislike welkin - he's a likable character but he's spineless. faldio is someone, as i see here, no one likes and fortunately i fall in to this greater mass this time. and alicia is one of those female lead that just doesnt rock my boat. i tried and she was really good when she had funny expressions but now with all the romantic emoness, it's just annoying.

as for tieria, he's probably the greatest male emo anime character out there who's loved (and respected!) for the things he has done and achieved in the end (based on his emoness) and thankfully, i fall in to that mass as well

i dont see this anime surviving from heavy criticisms. it already appears more people here watch it to trash it anyways. something to rant about.

it's an alright-type anime that i can pass (it's tough competition in achieving like-ness from audience when this season got FMA Brotherhood as well which is all about emoness of brotherly love and yet it never fails to score highest!)
Old 2009-08-18, 13:43   Link #170
Tak

Quote:
I dunno how you can say that while liking a guy like tieria erde o_O. That guy was more emo than anyone in VC.
Hey, at least its not Shinn Asuka.

Quote:
@Sassarai- lol gundam 00 is a completely different anime from this one - epic level is so high that i shouldnt be even comparing with this anime and its characters... snip~
While the characterization of VC isn't the best, I find it difficult to hold 00 at a much higher standard myself. Personally, there were few likable characters for me. The only two characters I cheered for the entire show were the super soldier couple, especially Soma/Maria.

And to a lesser extent, Katie.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-08-18, 13:51   Link #171
Sassarai
Army of One

Oh I agree that Gundam00 is a better series than VC (although season 2 was kind of Zzzz at times). I just find the characters in VC more likable than Tieria though (except Fabio maybe). The guy had some kind of man crush on Lockon and beat up Setsuna for no reason over it. Did I mention he wore a dress and why does he always seems so angry for no reason? I thought his ending was pretty silly -_- but than again the whole innovators thing was silly to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post

- Tak
Ahh yes, probably the main reason why GSD failed!
Old 2009-08-18, 13:52   Link #172
tieria.erde
T-chan fan

Quote:

While the characterization of VC isn't the best, I find it difficult to hold 00 at a much higher standard myself. Personally, there were few likable characters for me. The only two characters I cheered for the entire show were the super soldier couple, especially Soma/Maria.

And to a lesser extent, Katie.

- Tak
Well in that case, I'd say we differ severely in our taste of selecting epicness.

this anime has fewer posts in animesuki. a clear indication of people not liking it and dropping it. fortunately i'm in this greater mass as well!

hey, even one of the leading subbers say "lets get this sh!t completed"

anyways, im dropping it and i see no reason why i should be following it - just because some of its fans dont like tieria XD

Quote:
Oh I agree that Gundam00 is a better series than VC (although season 2 was kind of Zzzz at times). I just find the characters in VC more likable than Tieria though (except Fabio maybe). The guy had some kind of man crush on Lockon and beat up Setsuna for no reason over it. Did I mention he wore a dress and why does he always seems so angry for no reason? I thought his ending was pretty silly -_- but than again the whole innovators thing was silly to me.

Ahh yes, probably the main reason why GSD failed!
are you having anything against homo-homo people?

good grief! why am i discussing tieria in a valkyria thread!!!

Last edited by tieria.erde; 2009-08-18 at 14:06. Reason: sentence structure
Old 2009-08-18, 13:55   Link #173
Runty

Got to have a look at the episode today. Jeez, talk about a fall from grace for Faldio.
Spoiler for Episode 20, subbed:
This was a good episode, featuring lots of combat and of Selvaria kicking ass. Too bad about Ramal, though.

In relation to the argument as to what Faldio did at the end of the episode:
Spoiler for My opinion:
Either way, we'll find out the consequences of his actions soon enough.

Spoiler for Next episode:
Old 2009-08-18, 13:56   Link #174
Joe_fh

Quote:
Watch yourself But yes, the battle ends but the war continues. I would rather suggest to watch just to have it seen complete
Thanks^^ I don't really like it when an event is torn into two parts since I like to watch it one go....usually

When it first started I liked it's WWI-II touch it had. Also it looked like it would involve a certain degree of strategy and stuff like that...but well it lost that point obviously.
I'm watching this to see how it will end.It started out as a really interesting anime but lost it's momentum quite early. Still it ain't that bad...at leas it gives a nice topic to discuss. And Gundam 00...it was a lot different so you can't really compare them.
Old 2009-08-18, 13:56   Link #175
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
You are not reading what we are saying clearly at all. All we are saying, is that this episode had presented to us, in the worst way, of Faldio's intentions (whatever it is at this point) of shooting Alicia from behind. In the game, he took a careful calculation. In the anime, there is none of that, he just shot her, point blank, with intentions to kill.

- Tak
In the game it was a shot to the shoulder I think. This one was right through the heart

Quote:
Everyone will say - it's all right Faldio, shooting comrades in the back when you are sad is perfectly understandable - we all do that to relieve stress. And now instead of dead soldier we have a brand new valkyrie. You are are a fucking hero, Faldio! You need a bloody medal now!
No it won't.

WHen I meant wiggle out I meant him being able to act covertly without any suspcision until the time is right.

In this case he can't and he's going to have to be near Alicia to give her the necessary weapons to activate her.

They're following the game now, Faldio ain't pulling out of this one that easily.
Old 2009-08-18, 13:57   Link #176
Tak

Quote:
Well in that case, I'd say we differ severely in our taste of selecting epicness.
Actually, I am only mentioning the likability of characters, not the story, where Gundam 00 is certainly more interesting to me.

But I understand that 00 is plot-driven rather than character driven and therefore I cannot say I completely agree with your assessment that characterization of 00 should be placed at that much of a higher standard.

Quote:
this anime has fewer posts in animesuki. a clear indication of people not liking it and dropping it. fortunately i'm in this greater mass as well!
I don't see what that has to do with our personal tastes. A lot of people seen Titanic, does not mean it wasn't pure crap.

- Tak

Old 2009-08-18, 14:01   Link #177
tieria.erde
T-chan fan

Quote:
Actually, I am only mentioning the likability of characters, not the story, where Gundam 00 is certainly more interesting to me.

But I understand that 00 is plot-driven rather than character driven and therefore I cannot say I completely agree with your assessment that characterization of 00 should be placed at that much of a higher standard.

- Tak
Dear Tak, are you saying Valkyria characters have more depth than Gundam 00 characters?

I am SHOCKED!
Old 2009-08-18, 14:04   Link #178
Tak

Quote:
Dear Tak, are you saying Valkyria characters have more depth than Gundam 00 characters?

I am SHOCKED!
Dear Tieria, I suggest you read my post again.

Nowhere did I say VC characters have more depth than 00, however, I am not going to hold 00's characters in a higher standard.

- Tak

Old 2009-08-18, 14:04   Link #179
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:

anyways, im dropping it and i see no reason why i should be following it - just because some its fans dont like tieria XD

are you having anything against homo-homo people?

good grief! why am i discussing tieria in a valkyria thread!!!
Oh I don't think anyone cares if you're dropping a series or not. I was just surprised that you can like a character like Tieria but hate on the ones in VC o_O.

I have nothing against homos my best friends are homo j/k. Nahh I didn't even know he prefers the same sex. I thought he just likes to cross dress.
Old 2009-08-18, 14:14   Link #180
tieria.erde
T-chan fan

Quote:
Oh I don't think anyone cares if you're dropping a series or not. I was just surprised that you can like a character like Tieria but hate on the ones in VC o_O.
if you didnt care then you shouldnt have come up with a theory that aligns a far superior, award winning, poll-topping, popular (emo) gundam 00 character with valkyria ones who have no depth of personal stories or standard (isara had but she's dead). EVERYONE in gundam 00 are emotional but ALL four major characters (and even side characters) had far more stronger stories compare to valkyria. in fact, this anime is just so cheap in story-telling, i dont see why i should be even thinking to compare with gundam 00. i said all of this because you raised it.
Closed Thread