Notices

Old 2010-12-05, 21:52   Link #921
bombyethan1000

Spoiler:
bombyethan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 00:11   Link #922
Johnny
Working the bags...

I think she just gave his sausage link a peck hence the "Chu". Some think otherwise, but I'd go with the smooch which is still a major step-up from the original TLR...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 02:00   Link #923
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
That's why I said KissxSis pales in comparison. Now we just need someone to suck on a lolipop suggestively.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 02:14   Link #924
Aesthetic Shampoo

^ No, I think kissxsis is waaaay more explicit. The implied activities here are more...naughty, sure, but in kissxsis you actually see them do a wide range of sexual activities. But not sex.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 05:31   Link #925
faiz blaster

How about we leave conjectures on ambiguous fanservice aside and go back to the plot?

Yami pointed out herself, but the group that created her was destroyed by an agent of a different organization (Black, I believe it was his name) and Mea's master is probably a remnant of it. That alone brings up a few interesting possibilities.

First, probably does not mean certainly. The guy behind Mea could be someone with little to no connection at all to that group. That being said, his few screen-time revealed that he is awfully familiar with Yami and her secrets, so he is definitely someone closely related to the girl herself.

Meanwhile, there is that other organization. If they find out there is a survivor among their former enemies, they might take action to rectify that. Black himself might get involved at some point in order to finish the job he once started.

And then, there was that counseling scene between Yami and Yui. When I saw that I instantly remembered of a similar event that happened in the original series. I wonder if that is some kind of foreshadowing hinting that the relationship between these two will become that of a kouhai that deeply respects admires the sempai that is constantly helping and advising her.
faiz blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 06:34   Link #926
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I don't think Black is part of any organization. Yami implied he destroyed the organization by himself. Besides, if this is anything like Black Cat, then he himself used to be part of that same organization. I'm still going with Mea's master being Dr. Tearju.
Old 2010-12-06, 08:08   Link #927
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post
How about we leave conjectures on ambiguous fanservice aside and go back to the plot?
Never thought I'd hear that in a TLR thread.

Quote:
And then, there was that counseling scene between Yami and Yui. When I saw that I instantly remembered of a similar event that happened in the original series. I wonder if that is some kind of foreshadowing hinting that the relationship between these two will become that of a kouhai that deeply respects admires the sempai that is constantly helping and advising her.
It's similar to the chapter (my favorite one) where Yui and Rito got caught in the rain. Yami was the one who got her thinking about her feelings for him at the time, talking about love and all. That didn't really go anywhere though, sadly. Anyway, Yui may be in a higher grade, but isn't Yami technically like 24 or something? I saw that somewhere...
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 12:06   Link #928
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Never thought I'd hear that in a TLR thread.
It goes double for me; not only is it surprising that TLR has a plot to fall back into and even warrants some sort of analysis and speculating, but also the fact that the fanservice itself is debated. I mean, as I remember it, past fanservice has always been in your face (literally in Rito's case) to be considered in any way ambiguous. Well, that may be because this is one is really straddling the line between H and non H though.
Old 2010-12-06, 12:07   Link #929
Used Can

Quote:
Anyway, Yui may be in a higher grade, but isn't Yami technically like 24 or something? I saw that somewhere...
That was in the first anime, but nothing like that was mentioned in the manga, as far as I can remember.
Old 2010-12-06, 12:11   Link #930
blade82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I don't think Black is part of any organization. Yami implied he destroyed the organization by himself. Besides, if this is anything like Black Cat, then he himself used to be part of that same organization. I'm still going with Mea's master being Dr. Tearju.
or maybe Creed
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 12:41   Link #931
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
That was in the first anime, but nothing like that was mentioned in the manga, as far as I can remember.
I can vouch for that. Her age was never mentionned in the manga. The only clue we have comes from the lastest chapter actually, where she said she was created near the end of the 6th galactic war. If the 6th galactic war is the one Gid won, than that was a little more than ten years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade82 View Post
or maybe Creed
Isn't Creed Zastin?
Old 2010-12-06, 13:37   Link #932
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
I can vouch for that. Her age was never mentionned in the manga. The only clue we have comes from the lastest chapter actually, where she said she was created near the end of the 6th galactic war. If the 6th galactic war is the one Gid won, than that was a little more than ten years ago.
My memor is really spotty about this (suffice to say, I paid less attention to the words in this series than to the drawings) but I think Yami said something that she's much older than she appears to be. Although, now that I think about it, I'm not sure she's using earth's standard calendar then, so it can be anything goes too. As such, it depends on when the end of 6th Galaxy war then, although if you got 6 wars already chances are high that there's many more and it's been quite some time since she was first born.

But hey, look at the bright side - unlike Mikan, she's a legal loli!

Quote:
Isn't Creed Zastin?
Well, the look is pretty much the same, but unlike the case with Yami and Kyoko the character is wildly different. I find it hard to believe that Creed from Black Cat would ever want to be a mangaka's assistant (although perhaps, if Train is the mangaka...)
Old 2010-12-06, 14:01   Link #933
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
My memor is really spotty about this (suffice to say, I paid less attention to the words in this series than to the drawings) but I think Yami said something that she's much older than she appears to be. Although, now that I think about it, I'm not sure she's using earth's standard calendar then, so it can be anything goes too. As such, it depends on when the end of 6th Galaxy war then, although if you got 6 wars already chances are high that there's many more and it's been quite some time since she was first born.
I don't remember her saying that. I think she's aging normally since she looked younger in the flashback we saw in volume 17, plus she seems to have grown a bit throught the series (as always, it's hard to tell for sure). I think she's around the same age as Nana and Momo. By the way, how old are Nana and Momo? They're younger than Lala and apparently too young to attend High School, but I can't remember if their age was clearly stated.
Old 2010-12-06, 14:14   Link #934
Xagzan

But Momo and Nana are attending the same school now, they're just in the class lower. They're in 1-A and Lala we saw in this chapter was 2-something, A or B.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 14:47   Link #935
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
But Momo and Nana are attending the same school now, they're just in the class lower. They're in 1-A and Lala we saw in this chapter was 2-something, A or B.
Is it an adjoined school though? Where the middle and high schools are together. Cause we know Mikan is much younger than she appears to be and all. Is there a supplementary book with any of this stuff in it? Ages, blood types, three sizes, etc? We need one of those, lol.
Old 2010-12-06, 15:00   Link #936
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Yes, but when Yui asked them if they were old enough to be first years, Momo just answered "Don't worry about the details", which heavily implies they aren't. Even Mikan could get in this school if she wanted to. God bless the principal.
Old 2010-12-06, 15:40   Link #937
Soraya21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Well, the look is pretty much the same, but unlike the case with Yami and Kyoko the character is wildly different. I find it hard to believe that Creed from Black Cat would ever want to be a mangaka's assistant (although perhaps, if Train is the mangaka...)
I agree. I think this is a pretty similar case with Mikado = Rinslet in that they only share some facial features with the BC characters. Yami, Kyoko and Black, however, are dead ringers for their respective conuterparts with Yami & Black having background origins to match.

Quote:
By the way, how old are Nana and Momo? They're younger than Lala and apparently too young to attend High School, but I can't remember if their age was clearly stated.
13 - 14 at the absolute most, though of course this is just my own opinion and I can't really even say what gives me that sort of impression to begin with.

It would be a bit more helpful if other girls from their class start appearing so that we can make a better comparison. We only have Mea so far and she's obviously an unreliable source since she very well looks slightly older than her elder sister.
Soraya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 20:51   Link #938
faiz blaster

Quote:
Indeed, during Black's debut in the original series, Yami hinted that the destruction of that group was a feat that he accomplished by himself. However, in this new chapter of Darkness we learn that he did so under the orders of somebody else. He might have defected later, but at least at that point of time he was an agent of the rival organization.

Also, though I don't put Kabuki beneath pulling yet another port from Black Cat, I really would prefer if the pair worked out on a villain that is more suited for the TLR universe.

On the matter of ages, it is a fact that Momo and Nana are not yet old enough for High School and their transfer was only successful because the Director is an "easy-to-be-manipulated" pervert. Also, for a lot of reasons, I always considered Yami to be around the same age as Mikan - who is about 4~5 years younger than Rito - but now that I think again her age was never clearly mentioned anywhere.
faiz blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 03:47   Link #939
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade82 View Post
or maybe Creed
Or Sven since his relation with Eve was probably even closer than Train.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 14:55   Link #940
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soraya21 View Post
13 - 14 at the absolute most, though of course this is just my own opinion and I can't really even say what gives me that sort of impression to begin with.
I've always been under the impression they were 14 at most as well. Not sure why either.

Quote:
Indeed, during Black's debut in the original series, Yami hinted that the destruction of that group was a feat that he accomplished by himself. However, in this new chapter of Darkness we learn that he did so under the orders of somebody else. He might have defected later, but at least at that point of time he was an agent of the rival organization.
You're right, I can kind of misunderstood what Yami said in this chapter. Even so, I doubt that other organization will have any relevance to the plot. We'll just have to wait and see. For now, I'm going with Mea's master being a survivor from her former organization.

Tags
ecchi, fake harem, harem, manga, nudity, romance, sci-fi, shounen