AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

View Poll Results: Psycho-Pass - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 44 51.16%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 25.58%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 12.79%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 6.98%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.16%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.16%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-14, 01:07   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Psycho-Pass - Episode 17 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Psycho-Pass, Episode 17.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2013-02-14, 11:25   Link #2
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 17:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-02-14, 13:17   Link #3
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Spoiler for Ep17:
Old 2013-02-14, 14:20   Link #4
EroKing

Brains...

I thought Shougo would end up as a tool for Sibyl System but he was so cool at the end. He certainly knows how to draw people in and loving this awesome show.
In wrestling terminology, he proved to be a main-eventer rather than a mid-carder
Old 2013-02-14, 14:22   Link #5
ookamigirl

Finally, the ordeal with the helmets is over.
This whole incident seriously shook up the system.
Makishima escaped once again. No surprise there.
So the old woman, Kasei, had him with her.
Their whole discussion was sort of disturbing.
OMG! Sybil system is truly a sick thing.
Hope Kogami and the rest find out the truth soon.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2013-02-14, 14:28   Link #6
Darthdevil

This episode was awesome . Incredible soundtrack and many answers were given this time , and Makishima was such a badass in the end , this guy knows exactly what he is doing .
Old 2013-02-14, 14:36   Link #7
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I am not a regular viewer of this show, I only see bits of it raw while I wait for Sasami to air. But from what little we saw this episode we have a Gollum situation; that one evil was spared from death narratively because he would one day hinder an even greater evil.

The old lady is evil but doesn't know it. The psycho know he is evil and don't care. The old lady learned the hard way that evil people don't get along with each other.
Old 2013-02-14, 14:44   Link #8
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Wow the truth to the system is pretty crazy. Was i the only one cheering as Makishima was beating up the chief? Interesting that the guy i disliked turned into a guy i would cheer for. I hope Kagari is alright, but it doesn't look good. Wonder how they'll get on the trail to truth now as they try and recapture Makishima.
Old 2013-02-14, 14:45   Link #9
HandofFate

oh man, Shogo. Even though a lot of the stuff he said before made sense. I disliked how he sacrificed everyone as pawns and puppets.

I cheered when he was basically "**** this sybil system x 100" complete with the music and threw the book at that evil robot's face. Though I immediately started going "ew..." at how violent he was with the body even though its a robot.

Once again, a /salute to Kagari T_T Everyone treating him as if he was still alive.
Old 2013-02-14, 15:28   Link #10
Awrya
U mad?

While still shocking, I expected the Sybil system to be something like that, after all this is a 'dark' anime.

Makishima was given the choice to become 'god', but he chose to stay as a player in the game of life. Guess being purely a passive observer was too boring for him, Touma Kouzaburou misjudged Makishima's personality and ability big time.
While I'd like to believe Touma 'died', he probably has backups in the Sybil system, so he'll appear again.

Someone said in the previous episode thread that there's an army of Chief Androids, guess he was right.

Since Makishima rejected their offer, Sybil system will probably update itself and make him a killing target, regardless his Crime Coefficient.
Personally, I suspect Kogami will team up with Makishima later and take down the Sybil system. At the very least, Makishima thinks extremely highly of Kogami, since he even went out his way to contact him.
Old 2013-02-14, 15:37   Link #11
selma26

did you mean righteous villain ??
Old 2013-02-14, 15:39   Link #12
selma26

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Spoiler for Ep17:

did you mean righteous evil ??
Old 2013-02-14, 15:45   Link #13
Jetzero Infinity

My reaction to the episode: BRRRAAAAIIIINNNSSSSS

Not surprising the truth of the system is something messed up, but that was really disturbing. Wonder what Shogo will do with the new information.
Old 2013-02-14, 16:05   Link #14
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by selma26 View Post
did you mean righteous evil ??
Yes. Though thinking back, perhaps honest villain would have been more appropriate...
Old 2013-02-14, 16:24   Link #15
monir
cho~ kakkoii

The end game begins. The contradictory views laid out for the necessity of human element in any system and how any system instantly becomes imperfect simply by adding the very human element was amusing. Make sure to watch the episode all the way through since it continues after the end credit.
Old 2013-02-14, 16:27   Link #16
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Thanks for the tip!
Old 2013-02-14, 16:39   Link #17
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I had already guessed the Chief was Sybil's avatar and that the brains of criminally asymptomatic people were used as components, but I was shocked to find out these brains are actually the ones running the Sybil system, meaning society is ruled by a bunch of sociopaths. That's messed up on so many levels.

I loved Makishima in this episode. I cheered for him as well when he rejected Kouzaburou/Sybil's offer in such a spectacular and gruesome way. He is a truly marvelously written villain (about to become an anti-hero?). I understand his desire to remain a player in the game called life. Being a referee might be appealing, but it's nowhere near as thrilling. I'm eagerly looking forward to his inevitable team-up with Kogami. This will be explosive!

It probably won't take Kogami long to find out the truth behind Kagari's disappearance. He's already correctly deducted he's been disposed of by a dominator in destroy decomposer mode, though at this point it merely remains a theory which happens to be spot-on. He still needs evidence. Incidentally, I thought it was a bit ridiculous how this hypothesis immediately sprung to his mind even though it's supposed to be an impossible scenario. He must have watched the end of last week's episode. I know he's supposed to be a genius at detective work but come on... there should be limits to his ability.
Old 2013-02-14, 16:40   Link #18
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Thanks for the tip!
No problem. One other thing I forgot to add is the hinting toward how such system came to be accepted among the general populace. They were apparently told this system won't be as infallible as human. I guess they all started hating cops at one point. Oh and, the episode confirms once and for all that Sibyl System is a localized phenomenon, probably in Japan (like many of you predicted 10 episodes ago ). I know I sound obsessed with this considering I've been making a comment on this in almost every episode thread for the past few weeks, but when the confirmation came in this episode I just felt relieved for a very funny reason. I knew that this system does not exist any where in the US. I was also thinking that perhaps a lot of Americans aren't so misguided about our undying urge for smaller government based on that stern logic, "Absolute power corrupts absolutely." Considering our mindset, I think I can confidently say a system like Psycho Pass won't take off the ground for the sheer fact 300 million guns will be aimed at it to dispense some cold, dispassionate justice.

Sorry, just couldn't resist bringing in a little politics. I promise it won't happen again.
Old 2013-02-14, 16:47   Link #19
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

In all honesty it makes the whole world that much smaller and big bad hacker dude, just another hacker. It's not as romantic being a super hacker, when you're just a visitor from a world where you have no impediment to be one, as opposed to some outcast in the psycho-pass world. That said the whole world the size of city is a little immersion breaking in itself (when was it reduced to a city/building anyway?) and I guess the revelation helps it out with some dose of realism.
Old 2013-02-14, 16:53   Link #20
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

It was already apparent in the last episode that the system would turn out to be working over live humans, in fact, since the premise mirrored Minority Report from the start and was about perceiving the 'character' of a human, it was the more apparent possibility always. So it wasn't that surprising except the special rule about who's employed.

Now I gotta say, this episode once again went full bonkers on two accounts:

- A homicidal maniac being recruited as the director of whole ministry, not to mention right away when he was caught

- Homicidal maniac director thinking it's a good idea to stay alone with Hannibal Lecter in a room and counting on just a concealed gun

So let's summarize: They have ZERO security on or with the transport that's carrying the biggest criminal of recent decades so he brings it down and escapes by himself. And these guys supposedly run Japan. Alright..

It's really a big shame, the series really was going great until ep 11 but went steadily downhill since then as the supposed twists came rolling in. Each one is worse than the previous unfortunately.
Closed Thread