AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-05-27, 20:46   Link #6881
Gravitas Free Zone

Heh. When I started up after the break the first map I got was South Coast, which I lost... again.

But the yo-yo would wind itself to 3 out of 5 for the short session. Win rate padding, one game at a time.

Then maybe I'll squeeze a bit more value out of the Memorial Day event, with Sherderp, before it ends.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 21:06   Link #6882
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

I think WoT is pulling my leg.

Old 2013-05-27, 21:17   Link #6883
Gravitas Free Zone

The conspiracy amongst the top clans is going to crush anyone else's hopes of getting an M60.
Old 2013-05-27, 21:28   Link #6884
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

first of all, i'm not even in GUP. 2nd I don't see M60 in the US tree, although I see you can train crew into it... 3rd, its a freakin random message.
Old 2013-05-27, 21:33   Link #6885
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
first of all, i'm not even in GUP. 2nd I don't see M60 in the US tree, although I see you can train crew into it... 3rd, its a freakin random message.
The M60 is for the future updates post 8.6, and right now it's only available as a prize to the top winners of the most recent CW competition. The message you got is NOT from Wargaming, but from someone from GUP trying to poach you, you dense-headed fool, with the M60 as an enticement.

What's interesting about the message that they reveal in no unclear terms that it's a temporary thing, a contract if you will. If you want, you can actually leave and return to your own clan, but only after the M60 prize is given (and won, of course).
Old 2013-05-27, 21:56   Link #6886
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

i thought so. if i wanted and M60 i would free xp it like every other tank i've gotten. so i would just ignore stuff like that.
Old 2013-05-27, 22:06   Link #6887
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

No, Touma, until that faraway future update, the M60 is purely a competition prize. You cannot free xp it. Not yet and not for a long while. Wargaming isn't stupid enough to give free access to it to the "pubs" so soon and rile up the top clans who are preparing for war for this one.

Top clans want it now; and they will get it by winning the competition. What our dear GUP member who sent you the message was trying to do was recruiting as many "mercenary" tier 10 combatants as possible for the upcoming campaign [presumably because they are expecting serious attrition from tank locking and don't want to have to use inferior tier 10 tanks at any cost.]

And if a good/nice tier 10 player decides to stick around GUP afterwards (for the rewards or for fun), all the better for them.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 22:45   Link #6888
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

well true i have a few tier 10s, but as for M60, we don't even know what it will be like, such as stats and i heard it will be a medium... idk i might be wrong on that, but it looks like a gimme or false assumption that WG will release it as a prize only tank..... I have yet to see one actually in action.

anyways i only have one tank slot left which will be housing the T62A, I also don't want to switch guilds if thats what they want me to do, cuz there is 48 hr ban on clan actions after leaving the previous one. I rather leave it be... my brother is tired of China now, he says if not so friendly anymore, after being there for a year, he attempts to go out with ppl and invite ppl to go somewhere but no one wants to go anywhere.

i rather not get hooked to this M60 prize thing, on top of have a full time job, i doubt i would even have time to play or participate.
Old 2013-05-27, 22:51   Link #6889
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
well true i have a few tier 10s, but as for M60, we don't even know what it will be like, such as stats and i heard it will be a medium... idk i might be wrong on that, but it looks like a gimme or false assumption that WG will release it as a prize only tank.
The M60 stats were posted in THIS VERY THREAD a few pages back.

As for the M60, and I quote:

Quote:
Rewards

While we do want everyone to get into the Clan Wars arena, not everyone will have what it takes to earn the top prizes.

Nevermore Medal: Owner of the Maryland Province by the end of Landlords

Gatekeepers Medal: Owner of the Prince Albert Island Province by the end of Landlords

White Fang Medal: Owner of the Klondike Province by the end of Landlords

By Iron and Blood Medal: Given to the clan with the highest total VP by the end of Landlords

Exclusive M60 Tank: Given to the top 5 clans scoring the most VP by the end of Landlords. Please note, the tank will be distributed at the end of the first Campaign.
Pay attention before you go off shooting your mouth.

On more pleasant topics... I'm actually tempted to just skip the Lorraine 40t, and just stockpile free exp until I can get the Batchat in one go. The main reason for this is of course the fact that, aside from the gun, nothing transfers over to the Batchat, and I'm not sure I can successfully make the transition from combat scout to paper-thin support-tank back to fast combat tank. Unlike some people I know though, the amount of games I play will likely make this take a while, but eh, not in a rush.

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2013-05-27 at 23:16.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 00:13   Link #6890
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

so GUP is trying to take the member with most tier 10 and also one of the elite in our clan? sound fun.

it will even be more fun if I post this in Clan Rivalry/Diplomacy in WoT forum.
Old 2013-05-28, 00:18   Link #6891
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

I don't know, feels like GUP is casting a wide net rather than specfiically targeting rivalries.

The "contract" proposition is rather clearly of a temporary nature, a mercenary deal which the T10 player will then, unless they really like their new teammates, return to their original clans, business complete, gold earned, no hard feelings.

Of course, Touma will have to commit for some intensive training if he accepts and given how often he says he wants to quit or play the game less...
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 00:36   Link #6892
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
That's also assuming they make it in to the criteria for getting an M60...

Also, you guys should stop making me look better than I really am See my green-ness :P
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 00:49   Link #6893
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

^you are purple, there no denying you are.

speaking about M60 and CW, top clan stopped their war and allied together to not let anyone but themselves get the M60.

Old 2013-05-28, 00:52   Link #6894
LeoXiao
思想工作

I haven't been feeling the urge to play much WoT this last week. My victories aren't as satisfying and my defeats more annoying than before. Everything seems too familiar, and there are no more tanks that I really want. I wonder if I'm not growing out of the game.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 00:55   Link #6895
Gravitas Free Zone

Clan Wars reminds me why I am a dirty pubber at heart. And that my competitive gaming history does not involve inter-team skullduggery. Face it, the top clans have CW locked down.

As for the rest of my evening, I stopped a couple hours ago after losing a series of games, which forced me to play on enough to recover the 54.5% number before backing away quietly.

The problem with having a grinding goal that requires a Sherman is that there are a ton of other Shermans out there, and if there is enough derp flying around, even an idiot will kill you... before even considering the foolishness of one's own team.

But the Sherman crew will finally have Sixth Sense on top of BiA within the next five games.
Old 2013-05-28, 01:16   Link #6896
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
I haven't been feeling the urge to play much WoT this last week. My victories aren't as satisfying and my defeats more annoying than before. Everything seems too familiar, and there are no more tanks that I really want. I wonder if I'm not growing out of the game.
Same. I haven't even played the last couple of days even though I could have spent hours playing. Instead I worked on a couple models and watched videos.
Old 2013-05-28, 01:20   Link #6897
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

It's not really an issue of growing out but burnout, which WILL happen through a combination of constant gaming + bad game streaks, which is all-too-common in THIS game. Best step back for a bit. No one is forcing you to play, and it isn't a job. Just come back when you feel like it.

Personally I'm close to hitting the point where I'm going to have to take a gaming hiatus, as I have to prep for my thesis application by this Saturday. So if I'm going to get games in, I better do it now rather than later.
Old 2013-05-28, 02:08   Link #6898
LeoXiao
思想工作

The problem for me isn't the bad streaks then, since I've been increasing my WR steadily; it's probably just burnout. I had a really bad time near the end of last week working and procrastinating my ass off to do a bunch of schoolwork, during which time I didn't really play any WoT. Then even after all that crap was out of the way I realized I still didn't feel like playing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
Same. I haven't even played the last couple of days even though I could have spent hours playing. Instead I worked on a couple models and watched videos.
Heh, I spent the entire weekend's free time drawing and watching/listening to documentaries.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 03:35   Link #6899
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Pay attention before you go off shooting your mouth.
You should know that I don't bother with paying attention to the WoT website as often as you do. I rarely go to check the news on there and I never visited the forums on WoT in a few months.

So I have a reason for saying what I said in my previous comment.
Old 2013-05-28, 06:36   Link #6900
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Actually I do get the feeling that a whole lot of us won't have enough time to play the game as much once, at least in the southern hemisphere, where it's the start of the schoolyear. Dunno about the folks in temperate climes, but stuff like work will also get in the way.

In the end, just play when you're comfortable playing. There's nothing worse coming into a game already grumbling, as it saps performance in the least, and makes it even feel MORE worse when you get thrown into a bad team.

In my case, ah, procrastination... Got to prep for stuff, and I have barely half a week to do so. Good times!

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks