AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-06-06, 13:35   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Chokotto Sister

While this series has not yet been licensed it is produced by MFI, therefore we won't be listing fansubs here on AnimeSuki. See Removal of Media Factory Inc. Works for details.

Since it is "restricted", the following posts are no longer allowed in this thread.
  • Asking where you can find Chokotto Sister downloads or torrents.
  • Discussing Chokotto Sister fansub groups (past or present).
  • Asking for help downloading Chokotto Sister.
  • Asking for playback help for Chokotto Sister episodes.
These rules applies to fansubs (in English or any other language) and raws alike.

You still are allowed to discuss the anime, that has not changed but please remember to limit the discussion to the story. End of edit by Mod (xris)
---

Genre: Comedy, Romance

Expected Release Date: July 14, 2006 (source)

There have been a plenty of series this year with many kinds of flavor and spices. Not that I've seen every show that has come out in this year, but there just hasn't been any show that has played on the incestual theme this year on any level. Hence, I'm excited. Synopsis, as it is in the following, taken from AniDB.
Haruma Kawagoe is an only child. A long time ago, at Christmastime, his mother miscarried the child that was to have been his baby sister. That night, young Haruma knelt down and offered up an earnest prayer: "Please make my mother well again, and please give me a little sister." Years have passed, and Haruma has nearly forgotten his prayer. But Santa hasn`t.... one Christmas, when Haruma is least expecting it, he gets an unusual present - his sister.

The show is apparently based on a manga by Go Zappa & Sakura Takeuchi, serialised in Young Animal. Since I am not much of a manga reader, may be someone like Neosam can help.

Last edited by xris; 2006-07-08 at 15:40.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 13:52   Link #2
NeoSam

Ahh yeah, you got it right it is based on a manga, and it is serialized in Young Animal magazine.

ちょこッとSister
Chokotto Sister

Its based on a manga thats serialized in the seinen(young men's) manga magazine Young Animal.
For now there are 6 volumes released of this manga.
Here are the covers:

Author: ZAPPA Go
Artist: TAKEUCHI Sakura

Genre: Seinen, Comedy, Romance

Also, a Chokotto Sister light novel.
Here its cover:

Seinen light novel
Published under the seinen(young men's) light novel label MF Bunko J.

As of now the manga is not licensed, and its being scanlated by Kotonoha group: Manganews.

Other seinen manga that got serialized in Young Animal magazine, and got animated: Ai Yori Aoshi, Futari Ecchi

Last edited by NeoSam; 2006-07-03 at 23:43.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 18:56   Link #3
shadowplay
passive observer

Manga is sugary sweet and cute, there are bits of lolikon fanservice but nothing too horrible. Hope the animation will be up to manga's quality.
shadowplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 20:37   Link #4
Keitarou
Ninja

Actually I'm quite worried about the design as it can be currently seen on the anime's homepage.

The manga has definitely a pretty nice design and the story itself is quite appealing. The comedy bits due to Choco's origin and lack of common knowledge are funny, combined with the more serious topics of the anime (Big Brother's lovelife) it makes for a good and enjoyable mix. I also like the slice of life pacing and all the nex experiences Choco makes. Yes, there is some fanservice but seriously, somebody who would complain about that obviously missed the story itself, I for my part never really payed attention to those bits (though I have to admit Yurika's running gag and the various other misshaps were quite funny ^^).

Anyway, despite the seemingly bad design that the anime will have I'm looking forward a lot to the animated version. I just hope they won't concentrate on the wrong parts and leave the story intact without any changes, for there's really not much to improve but a lot of good things could become unappealing if they actually cut around. :)
Keitarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-07, 00:33   Link #5
Sakuya
*Artist

I can't wait to see this, it's kind of like seeing Yotsubato animated, only it's not. Anyone know how many episodes it will have?
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-07, 00:49   Link #6
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
I can't wait to see this, it's kind of like seeing Yotsubato animated, only it's not. Anyone know how many episodes it will have?
24 episodes Yay
Old 2006-06-07, 03:57   Link #7
Sakuya
*Artist

Yay But I wonder what the plot has in store for us. I only read like 3 volumes of the manga and it didn't really move at all. All I know is that the girl is smarter than Yotsuba (even if it's just a little) which makes the series less funny.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-07, 06:32   Link #8
NeoSam

Quote:
Yay But I wonder what the plot has in store for us. I only read like 3 volumes of the manga and it didn't really move at all.
Ahh btw volume 6 of the manga will be released on 29/6/2006

I'll post its cover when its available.

Quote:
All I know is that the girl is smarter than Yotsuba (even if it's just a little) which makes the series less funny.
LOL She's less funny because she's less stupid
Old 2006-06-07, 06:41   Link #9
shadowplay
passive observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou
Actually I'm quite worried about the design as it can be currently seen on the anime's homepage.
Not sure bit I think Nomad will be doing animation, and they seem to be pretty decent studio (well except for their Peach Girl work)
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ny.php?id=3039
Old 2006-06-18, 06:42   Link #10
NeoSam

A Chokotto Sister light novel will be released on 23/6/2006

Here its cover:

Seinen light novel
Published under the seinen(young men's) light novel label MF Bunko J
Old 2006-06-18, 07:05   Link #11
Ramen89

Quote:
There have been a plenty of series this year with many kinds of flavor and spices. Not that I've seen every show that has come out in this year, but there just hasn't been any show that has played on the incestual theme this year on any level. Hence, I'm excited.
I don't think it really counts as incest seeing as there not actually blood related... or does it? Im not sure
Ramen89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-18, 09:29   Link #12
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramen89
I don't think it really counts as incest seeing as there not actually blood related... or does it? Im not sure
Not really, there are not blood related, so this is for those who have moe for imoutos.

Website is updated, character infos and designs. http://www.chocosis.com/
Choko looks cute.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-18, 10:59   Link #13
Decel

This series looks cute. Since it's coming out soon, I don't think I'll bother to check the manga. Is it the same type of show as Ai Baby?
Old 2006-06-18, 12:56   Link #14
Calca
Expressionless

It's not really incest either because they really don't have romantic feelings towards each other in the manga. It is strictly platonic (in the Japanese way).

Also, there are love interests for the main character so you don't have to worry about the main character falling in love with the younger sister who's like 7 or 8 years younger than him.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-18, 14:02   Link #15
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor
It's not really incest either because they really don't have romantic feelings towards each other in the manga. It is strictly platonic (in the Japanese way).
Really? Hmm... I guess I would say their brother-sister relationship isn't exactly normal (Off the top of my head, "Why does my heart pound differently whenever I hug my brother?"), but that's probably also a result of the way they got together in the first place. Strictly platonic though? Well, I'm not caught up, so we'll see.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-18, 16:50   Link #16
shadowplay
passive observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
(Off the top of my head, "Why does my heart pound differently whenever I hug my brother?")
Yeah it looks like Choko is about to discover her true feelings towards oniichan ...or maybe I'm wrong, haven't read manga past scanlated chapters.
But ChokoSis is so obviously aimed at lolicon/siscon crowd i.e. it's not shoujo like Ai Baby.
Old 2006-06-21, 05:14   Link #17
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay
Yeah it looks like Choko is about to discover her true feelings towards oniichan ...or maybe I'm wrong, haven't read manga past scanlated chapters.
But ChokoSis is so obviously aimed at lolicon/siscon crowd i.e. it's not shoujo like Ai Baby.
The manga art style was really disapointing though. I really hope it's gonna be better in the anime, because I couldn't bear the fanservices =/ (need more AA!) though I don't have much hope in animes, especially after He is My Master :< (though when I look at the anime website, she looks flatter than in the manga... maybe no fanservice?^^)

Last edited by Thany; 2006-06-21 at 06:16.
Thany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-21, 08:19   Link #18
Decel

What was wrong with HiMM? I liked it pretty much.

The little sis is way too young for anything romantic, so as long as she's just a sister, I'll be glad.
Old 2006-06-21, 08:50   Link #19
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel
What was wrong with HiMM? I liked it pretty much.

The little sis is way too young for anything romantic, so as long as she's just a sister, I'll be glad.
You just fail at understanding the concept and you obviously never read HiMM manga to begin with... Though the fact you don't understand the imouto thing is what makes a fact you'll never understand such animes/mangas (though I must admit I quit that manga pretty much after the 3rd or 4th chapter).
Ho yeh and as a sidenote, did I mention there were fanservices involving Choko in the manga?
Old 2006-06-21, 09:20   Link #20
Decel

Ah, didn't know you were talking about the HiMM manga.

Yeah, I guess I'm not into the imouto theme.

Tags
comedy, drama, ecchi, nomad, romance, seinen, slice of life