AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Old 2009-06-25, 21:51   Link #1161
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
It's just a hunch on my part, but I can't shake the feeling that everyone hoping for an Aru/Sheri ending is just setting themselves up for disappointment...

Not once has a macross remake or sequel EVER changed the outcome (or non-outcome) of the love triangle in the series. I suppose the Frontier movie could be the first to do so...but I ain't betting on it.
No AruSheri ending? Dare to do so, and I shall gather my brothers here to embark on a CRUSADE!

A crusade to Satelight, of course...

REMEMBER BROTHERS, THE NORTHERN CROSS GUIDES US!

KILL THE VAJRA, BURN THE CYBORG, PURGE THE GREEN!!

For everything else, there is Mastercard.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 21:59   Link #1162
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
No AruSheri ending? Dare to do so, and I shall gather my brothers here to embark on a CRUSADE!

A crusade to Satelight, of course...

REMEMBER BROTHERS, THE NORTHERN CROSS GUIDES US!

KILL THE VAJRA, BURN THE CYBORG, PURGE THE GREEN!!

For everything else, there is Mastercard.

- Tak
Rampaging Sheryl-Fan Mob Meetings:

Where they don't take "You are both my wings" as an answer, and they don't take American Express.
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 22:02   Link #1163
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Where they don't take "You are both my wings" as an answer, and they don't take American Express.
Pfft, you and I both know that you are both my wings and Ranka's healing session are the two most notable Macross Frontier situations to be parodied in Japanese fandom.

I think its time we try to salvage the damage

- Tak (Then there is Kira)

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 22:24   Link #1164
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Pfft, you and I both know that you are both my wings and Ranka's healing session are the two most notable Macross Frontier situations to be parodied in Japanese fandom.

I think its time we try to salvage the damage

- Tak (Then there is Kira)
Nuh-uh. You're not dragging me into a Sheryl vs. Ranka debate. I like 'em both.
Old 2009-06-25, 22:25   Link #1165
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
It's just a hunch on my part, but I can't shake the feeling that everyone hoping for an Aru/Sheri ending is just setting themselves up for disappointment...

Not once has a macross remake or sequel EVER changed the outcome (or non-outcome) of the love triangle in the series. I suppose the Frontier movie could be the first to do so...but I ain't betting on it.
Honestly speaking, the possible conclusion to the LT would be maybe the biggest selling point of the movie.

Has there been as big of an outcry about the endings of the other Macrosses though? ( I wouldn't know because i started on Macross Frontier and worked my way back)

Well, if there wasn't then there wouldn't be point of remaking an ending because people unilaterally accepted it.

If there was then...
Shit.

Last edited by Foreshadow; 2009-06-25 at 22:40. Reason: wait, no i was right the first time
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 22:36   Link #1166
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadow View Post
Honestly speaking, the possible conclusion to the LT would be maybe the biggest selling point of the movie.

Has there been as big of an outcry about the endings of the other Macrosses though? ( I wouldn't know because i started on Macross Frontier and worked my way back)

Well, if there wasn't then there wouldn't be point of remaking an ending because people unilaterally accepted it.

If there was then...
Shit.
Well this is the first series that doesn't have the LT resolved between the main characters (unless I'm mistaken.) The outcry is caused because it was left unresolved and I for one just wished that it was resolved for the sake of arguing it I will be of the few that actually wants a Alto x Ranka ending If it ends the other way around then I hope that Ranka will at least find some type of happiness and closure.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 22:41   Link #1167
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Damn. I'm excited for news about the trailer. *q*
Old 2009-06-25, 22:44   Link #1168
BanishingBook

I'm with Dex-kun

but you know if there is an Alto x Ranka ending: I can imagine Sheryl in shock and saying: "BUT YOU SLEPT WITH ME!" *sound of a glass cup shattered.*

loll

now let me get to the Michael Jackson thread here hm'm.
BanishingBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 22:45   Link #1169
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

^ LOL, I can much more imagine the reaction of majority of the fandom.
Old 2009-06-25, 22:46   Link #1170
justavisitor

Well, the TV series has ended with you are both my wings...and macross movie is retelling, so it's like a parallel universe?? So if Ranka wins in the movie, then Sheryl fans can go back to the series, and if Sheryl wins in the movie, then Ranka fans can go back to the series...if somehow Klan wins, then both Sheryl and Ranka fans can unite and go back to the series together ..so both camps have the back got covered already, and both side of fans are going for bonus

But on another thought, if the MF movie is like DYRL, which is a movie within the Macross Universe itself, then the resolution of the LT (if any) will become a big deal for both camps...because a movie within the Macross Universe itself means the resolution of LT in the movie is official and it displays how the LT really ended in the series (for example, let's say the movie is made 10 years after the MF incident, so staffs in Macross Universe will know who Alto will end up with and therefore make that element into the movie)..

Lol, I don't have any say and I don't wanna send any threats to the director I will sit back and enjoy the movie...hope Ranka can win tho
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 22:49   Link #1171
BanishingBook

^ - sir you have got me confused. Let me reread it again. My mind is still on poor Michael today. H'mm.]

EDIT: Okay I get the gist of what you mean.

Now let's see . . . let's get back to the movie trailer expecting.
Old 2009-06-25, 22:53   Link #1172
justavisitor

lol I am confused also, basically I mean maybe this MF movie is similar to the Macross Zero movie in the episode 10 of MF...

so ppl in Macross world produce a movie and somehow we can see and appreciate it, like DYRL

So if that's the case, the resolution of the LT will be the official one
if the setting of the movie is in the parallel universe, then both camps have nothing to lose, because the series ends with unresolved ending anyway, both camps can go back to the series if they don't like the movie

lol I try my best here
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2009-06-25, 23:03   Link #1173
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanishingBook View Post
I'm with Dex-kun

but you know if there is an Alto x Ranka ending: I can imagine Sheryl in shock and saying: "BUT YOU SLEPT WITH ME!" *sound of a glass cup shattered.*

loll
Sheryl: BUT YOU SLEPT WITH ME!

Ranka: WHAT? Alto-kun, you saw my vagina and then went off and slept with HER?

Sheryl: Hey, he saw my boobs WAY before he saw your vagina.

Monica, Ram, and Mina: And he's been having freaky fourways with us the whole time!

Nanase: WHAT!? Saotome-kun, you told me you were gay and said that I was the only one who could make you straight!

Alto: ...um, I gotta go pee. Let me know how everything turns out, okay? *ZOOM*
Old 2009-06-25, 23:05   Link #1174
BanishingBook

^ - Hahahahahah. That's nasty.
Old 2009-06-26, 02:20   Link #1175
DeX-kun

Quote:
Sheryl: BUT YOU SLEPT WITH ME!

Ranka: WHAT? Alto-kun, you saw my vagina and then went off and slept with HER?

Sheryl: Hey, he saw my boobs WAY before he saw your vagina.

Monica, Ram, and Mina: And he's been having freaky fourways with us the whole time!

Nanase: WHAT!? Saotome-kun, you told me you were gay and said that I was the only one who could make you straight!

Alto: ...um, I gotta go pee. Let me know how everything turns out, okay? *ZOOM*
lmao, well this is probably the first post that has made me laugh like this

Quote:
^ - Hahahahahah. That's nasty.
It's keeping the mood light though

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-06-26, 02:21   Link #1176
BanishingBook

ahem what do the guys think about this? LOLLL
Old 2009-06-26, 02:25   Link #1177
DeX-kun

Quote:
ahem what do the guys think about this? LOLLL
Speaking of Ranka, I believe that she had another triangle hidden on her as a foreshadowing of what was going to happen to the romance, ask Alto

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-06-26, 04:13   Link #1178
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
So the rest of the year we will have movie from the following anime:
Eva
Kamen rider (not exactly an anime..but still)
Macross
Nanoha
and what else?? Do I count them all??
You forgot Summer Wars which will be the best one if it lives up to The Girl Who Leapt Through Time the previous movie from the same staff.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 08:40   Link #1179
justavisitor

thanks Westlo..I never knew it until you mentioned it, I watched the girl who leapt through time, and it was great
Old 2009-06-26, 09:47   Link #1180
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Gasp! Read in MW that MacF will have TWO movies. O_O

CONFIRMED HERE.

God...so many surprises in ONE day. Farrah's and Michael's passing...now this. O_O

...And The Girl Who Leapt Through Time was awesome... *u*

Last edited by raile; 2009-06-26 at 10:23.
raile is offline   Reply With Quote