AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-06-02, 20:33   Link #681
sleepingleo

I'm disliking Kyo lately, but a nice-boat it's a little too much. Lately i really think Manami is right after all, the only one who can put with all the crap Kyo does and make him piss his pants when necesary it's Ayase.

I think i'll be changing my preferences then, till Kyousuke proves he is not a douchebag anymore, i'll be rooting for an Ayase end just becuase Kyo needs to recieve some punishment and because Ruri deserves better.

And

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
But series, this series has so many awesome female characters its almost not fair.

My perfect ending: (Could offend some people, do not enter if you can't take some eroge humor.)

Spoiler for Harem end:
Fixed =D
sleepingleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 20:52   Link #682
Maugomale

Spoiler:

This image has been up on the OreImo site index ever since episode 15's been aired. Any idea what it means?
Maugomale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 21:06   Link #683
sleepingleo

The only thing i can read from there is that is signed: "Kuroneko seiyuu(?) Hanazawa Kana". And from very blurry bits of kanji i can read she only says an opinion of Kuroneko character, something about it has grown in her and that was nice. But other than the sign name i offer you a 5% certainty of what i just wrote.

-------------

キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!

Ore no Kouhai ga konna ni kawai wake ga nai. Chaper zero is out, somewhere on the internetz. I just read it, and from those small 10 pages i can say it's A.W.E.S.O.M.E.!!!

Spoiler:

Last edited by sleepingleo; 2011-06-02 at 22:11. Reason: "Ore no Kouhai ga konna ni kawai wake ga nai" is awesome
Old 2011-06-02, 23:20   Link #684
larethian

With my quarter-baked Japanese and half-baked English:

This is the first time I got to play the role of a Chuunibyou character, and although it was a difficult role, Kuroneko grew on me, and became a character that I'm fond of.

"Chuunibyou" footnote:
this is impossible to translate, but a Chuunibyou character is a person (usually adolescent) who tends to engage in "pretensive" or "wannabe" behaviors, living in some kind of fantasy in his/her mind. The closest equivalent in Chinese, though not exact, would be a mild form of 妄想症. Examples of such characters at the top of my mind: Okarin from Steins;Gate, Kuroneko from Oreimo, Kobato from Haganai.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 01:09   Link #685
Undertaker

My take on Chuunibyou is a little more than that though. If used to describe a real person, real-live characters in anime. It also involves some fanboy/fangirls aspect in that the person acts and thinks in such a way as the character he/she was a fan of.

As for Chuunibyou characters in fantasy/sci-fi type anime, they are characters who seem oblivious to his/her surrounding with "everything is about me" or "me-against-the world" attitude and their actions and their actions tends to contradict their ideal. ex: Shinn from Seed Destiny, Naruto (when it comes to Sasuke) from Naruto, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingleo View Post
Fixed =D
That's not bad either,I was deciding where that would go, but decide to give it to Kirino out of pity.
Old 2011-06-03, 02:26   Link #686
larethian

Quote:
My take on Chuunibyou is a little more than that though. If used to describe a real person, real-live characters in anime. It also involves some fanboy/fangirls aspect in that the person acts and thinks in such a way as the character he/she was a fan of.

As for Chuunibyou characters in fantasy/sci-fi type anime, they are characters who seem oblivious to his/her surrounding with "everything is about me" or "me-against-the world" attitude and their actions and their actions tends to contradict their ideal. ex: Shinn from Seed Destiny, Naruto (when it comes to Sasuke) from Naruto, etc.
Agree on the first; it's a subset of the general classification but not restricted to that. About the second, I'm not sure. And it's not my take though, I just took what I understood from the Japanese wiki and paraphrased and summarized it as best as I could
Old 2011-06-03, 06:29   Link #687
Undertaker

I'm a bit iffy on the second as well. However, I'm positive those characters are being refers to as Chuunibyou characters (I'll even throw Lelouch in there as well), but they really don't share too much of the first criteria. And those are the only things see that can group them together.

What I'm sure of, is that Chuunibyou characters tend to leads to Chuunibyou behavior. And the characters I listed are prime causes for Chuunibyou people.
Old 2011-06-03, 14:38   Link #688
sleepingleo

I just finished Kirino's route on the psp and was....ok...i suppose. A little boring imo. But what makes me post this is the *if* route you can walk into when you get the *Album* item.

WTF!! man, just WTF!! I pray the author DO NOT use that godforsaken argument to ultimately pair up Kyo and Kirino. But even if it's an *if* route, since the game was directed by the author he might as well pull that from his ass. That's suck.

And in case this isnt' posted anywhere ill post it here:

Spoiler for PSP Kirino *IF* route:

God forbids the author from pulling that argument from his sleeve (or imo, ass) -.-

Last edited by sleepingleo; 2011-06-03 at 14:49. Reason: typos
Old 2011-06-03, 15:54   Link #689
katsudon
Part Time Translator

yeah. i kinda suspect that in order to have a more socially acceptable couple relationship, they'll probably have to go that route....

or, they can have a bro-sis relationship restoration PLUS kyo hooking up with another person. (we'll have to find out what caused their relationship to deteriorate back then)

now that album does play a big part i'm certain. since in the anime we never got to see it one way or another.

the OP shows two pic of them in the pool while they were young..... so who knows.
katsudon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 15:43   Link #690
Athena
The Power of One

Can someone explain what happened to the game(s) Kuroneko and Sena made? I mean, the one Sena was talking about in the last chapter of V8.
Old 2011-06-29, 17:07   Link #691
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Finally finished this (I've been lazy/busy doing other stuff), and I pretty much agree with what Undertaker said:
Quote:
Spoiler for Thoughts on V8:

Spoiler for more brief thoughts on the future direction of the series:
A couple of other details for those who can't read it.
Spoiler for chapter 4 spoilers:

Also, for those who've seen Macross Frontier,
Spoiler for spoilers~:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira0802 View Post
Can someone explain what happened to the game(s) Kuroneko and Sena made? I mean, the one Sena was talking about in the last chapter of V8.
Spoiler for response:

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 02:11   Link #692
sleepingleo

It aports zero to discussion but ill post it here anyway since vol.9 will be out God knows when and this topic is kinda dead. lol

Seeing how OP and ED lyrics from the anime reflect somewhat the thoughts of the character that (in theory) sings them. Like "Irony" for Kirino (Kirino's seiyuu doesnt sing that one though), after listening the full version of -†Inochi Mijikashi Koi Seyo Otome† - (ED for ep14) reading the lyrics and after reading the chapter zero of "Ore no Kouhai....(KN protagonist manga), i find Ruri even more adorable. Kuroneko really is the type of female character i like the most, the type that has many inner dialogues, utterly self-reflexive, intelligent, very shy but really honest and real with her feelings as long as you can read between lines (except for that little part when she breaks up with Kyo for apparent no reason in vol8ch.2 and is explained later, no biggie )

Anyway, my point being, KN manga is really cool for understanding Ruri point of view. I liked the Chapter zero for the novel too, that special chapter that is told from Kirino point of view the same day Kyo discovers her secret. I'd like to read more chapters from her PoV but if i had to pick one, i'll stick to KN.
Old 2011-07-05, 07:05   Link #693
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Quote:
I just finished Kirino's route on the psp and was....ok...i suppose. A little boring imo. But what makes me post this is the *if* route you can walk into when you get the *Album* item.

WTF!! man, just WTF!! I pray the author DO NOT use that godforsaken argument to ultimately pair up Kyo and Kirino. But even if it's an *if* route, since the game was directed by the author he might as well pull that from his ass. That's suck.

And in case this isnt' posted anywhere ill post it here:

Spoiler for PSP Kirino *IF* route:

God forbids the author from pulling that argument from his sleeve (or imo, ass) -.-
*Facepalm* The hell with that argument. If the author is planning to pair Kyousuke and Kirini then the author shouldn't used this kind of excused. I just hope he won't really do this in novel. Oh please.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-05, 08:24   Link #694
Athena
The Power of One

Just wanted to say that I couldn't help but

Spoiler for V8C4+another manga ref:
Old 2011-07-05, 21:34   Link #695
sleepingleo

*^o^* I dont know if this date is anywhere else but for people like me that like to have the info in one place ill post it here.

Vol 9th of oreimo novel is dated September 10, and as a plus will feature a -real life- cameo, (wtf!?), new chars? Well, new chars sometimes mean more lifetime for the novel and not be limited by that hypotetical 10 volumes top the author or some posters have pointed out.

I say if the author found the golden eggs hen, -*as long as quality stays the same *- he can milk it for much more time.

Source
Old 2011-07-06, 00:50   Link #696
type-R!

Hopefully this will speed up the second season at least for winter 2012, although they will most likely wait for volume 10 if that is going to be the last one.
type-R! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-06, 11:18   Link #697
Athena
The Power of One

It would be great if the author still keeps up the quality and ends it at the right moment.
Old 2011-07-14, 01:50   Link #698
User68604
Disabled By Request

just started this manga, after being somewhat disappointed with the anime series and the true ending

mind= blown, kirino has been drawn in the most kawaii fashion since..ever- brb moe explosion in my body
User68604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 22:15   Link #699
taichi-kun

Quote:
I liked the Chapter zero for the novel too, that special chapter that is told from Kirino point of view the same day Kyo discovers her secret. I'd like to read more chapters from her PoV but if i had to pick one, i'll stick to KN.
Sorry ..but do you know where to find it ? I didn't read it...

Quote:
*^o^* I dont know if this date is anywhere else but for people like me that like to have the info in one place ill post it here.

Vol 9th of oreimo novel is dated September 10, and as a plus will feature a -real life- cameo, (wtf!?), new chars?
Great news!

I'm waiting for chapter 2 of kN manga.... T.T
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 23:11   Link #700
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
Sorry ..but do you know where to find it ? I didn't read it...
isn't that the same as the DVD box insert? CE translations has it. Baka-Tsuki is hosting it.

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings