AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-10-02, 12:21   Link #3741
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Atleast Hatsune got somewhat a route, unlike the 3 side characters who ended up having just a H-scene as an omake.

edit:
Let's try Pure Girl and after that back to IroSeka.

later edit:
Didn't like Tsukasa's story much, because it was short and pretty predictable. Also to me her first H-scene felt out of place.

Mio's story had a little confusing moments and her story ended up being bitter sweet...

Off to Shinku's story.
Instant WTF when i started her route and heard Suzu's explanation. It felt that i was rereading 1/2 summer's plot twist.

even later edit:
The twist is in fact very similar to 1/2 summer's (eventhough it was made later, but i read 1/2 summer before this game)

Last edited by hyl; 2012-10-04 at 08:54.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 10:02   Link #3742
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Anyone waiting for this?

http://www.studio-ryokucha.com/syukufuku/index.html
Old 2012-10-04, 10:13   Link #3743
Soviet

I finished Tsujidou-san yesterday and had a lot of fun with it. Delinquent heroines is a refreshing concept and while it's a typical rom-com most of the time it actually manages to pull off its dramatic moments very well, like the showdown between Ai and Maki in Maki's route.

The common route ends with the protag and Ai becoming a couple (she's very obviously the main heroine if the title wasn't enough of a giveaway), so if you want to do the other routes you have to live with a heartbroken Tsujidou Ai which might be a problem for some people. The protag is also rather terrible, being a pacifist and a man-whore but most of the cast is great and the routes are very long and satisfying.

So yeah, good game.
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 10:34   Link #3744
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Atleast Hatsune got somewhat a route, unlike the 3 side characters who ended up having just a H-scene as an omake.

edit:
Let's try Pure Girl and after that back to IroSeka.

later edit:
Didn't like Tsukasa's story much, because it was short and pretty predictable. Also to me her first H-scene felt out of place.

Mio's story had a little confusing moments and her story ended up being bitter sweet...

Off to Shinku's story.
Instant WTF when i started her route and heard Suzu's explanation. It felt that i was rereading 1/2 summer's plot twist.

even later edit:
The twist is in fact very similar to 1/2 summer's (eventhough it was made later, but i read 1/2 summer before this game)
I had the same impression about Mio and Tsukasa. I found Tsukasa's route pretty boring, heck can't even remember how it ended other than being about earning money for her sick grandmother(?).

I'm playing at the moment yasashii mahou no tonaekata. It seems that the main cast is all a bit unfamiliar about interacting with other people and the interaction between Tsukasa and Ibuki is strangely deep, yet not koibito-ish
I like the music, but the voices are at times wavering in terms of sound volume "loudness". I have also started Aoi route II of Da Capo 3's 1.3 patch, but have focused more on yasashii mahou for the last few days.
Old 2012-10-04, 12:31   Link #3745
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
I had the same impression about Mio and Tsukasa. I found Tsukasa's route pretty boring, heck can't even remember how it ended other than being about earning money for her sick grandmother(?).
That was essentially Tsukasa's story. As how it ended, with the help of her friends and the people in town Tsukasa managed to get enough money for her grandmother and that's it ....

As for Shinku's story, it was for me definitely the best route in IroSeka. It ties all of the other stories somewhat together and it explains everything. Also Shinku is awesome.
The whole twist
Spoiler for spoiler:

Spoiler for spoiler:

While Iroseka was probably a nakige, the moments in IroSeka were not as sad/emotional as some other eroges that i have seen.

I will be postponing Irohika at this moment for a game that has been in my backlog for quite some time: Shunki Gentei Poco a Poco
Old 2012-10-04, 14:46   Link #3746
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Yeah, I'm planning to pre-order this one (just waiting to see if it's going to "master up", or if it'll be delayed). The art is really nice, and I like the theme. It'd be nice if a trial came out to confirm that the story will live up to the premise and the art; we'll see.

Quote:
I will be postponing Irohika at this moment for a game that has been in my backlog for quite some time: Shunki Gentei Poco a Poco
I definitely liked that game. It's a shorter game with only three routes (it was sold at a lesser price as well), but I thought it was quite enjoyable for what it was. Good mix of humour and romance, for me anyway, plus I liked the musical theme.
Old 2012-10-04, 15:56   Link #3747
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
After NakaHito, I played the trials for Lump of Sugar's Hanairo Heptagram and August's Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai.

The first was enjoyable so I'm looking forward to the whole game. Seems like it will be a character centered romance story . It's also great to have Moekibara Fumitake back as the illustrator.

As for Hitsujikai. It was entertaining, but I'm a bit confused as to what is August trying to accomplish here. The website defines it as a school love story, but there's also mystery and supernatural elements involved. This trial was more slice of life centered so, I hope they release a second trial that explores the rest of the elements in the game.

Also, slowly reading my way through Lovely Quest. Minaho is such an adorable imouto n_n

Quote:
Probably AHC's best game so far. A short, but very satisfying story.

Last edited by johnishida; 2012-10-04 at 18:05.
johnishida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 18:48   Link #3748
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Yeah, I'm planning to pre-order this one (just waiting to see if it's going to "master up", or if it'll be delayed). The art is really nice, and I like the theme. It'd be nice if a trial came out to confirm that the story will live up to the premise and the art; we'll see.
Well to be honest, when another guy linked me that site, we were discussing the likelihood that it'll be this season's "play for artwork and HCG rather than story" game...
Old 2012-10-04, 19:00   Link #3749
hyl
reading #hikaributts

For this october's eroges , i prefer the heroines from "Hanairo Heptagram" over "Shukufuku no Kane no Oto wa, Sakurairo no Kaze to Tomo ni" character design wise.

Although i will be checking out "Tsuki ni Yorisou Otome no Sahou" just because of Suzuhira Hiro being one of the artists.
Old 2012-10-04, 19:00   Link #3750
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Well to be honest, when another guy linked me that site, we were discussing the likelihood that it'll be this season's "play for artwork and HCG rather than story" game...
Well, in fairness, there are others competing for that prize. The trial for Marmalade's Koi-iro Marriage came out yesterday... and just a little way in, I'm not too sold quite yet. I love the character designs (particularly in CG, sprites are generally OK), but the protagonist really annoys me -- he encounters one of the heroines for the first time and one of the first things out of his mouth is "let me grope your breasts!" . As much as people complain about the sort of bland, milquetoast protagonists in your average eroge, I'll take that over perverted idiots any day... Well, I'll at least finish the trial and we'll see...

Edit: Okay, well, later in the trial another attractive girl basically comes on to him, and he acts all stoic and rejects her advances because he has a fiancée now. Did he really give up his perverted ways that easily...?

Edit 2: Well, I guess it's basically "pervert with a heart of gold", as we might expect. He talks the talk, but is totally harmless and is of course is "really a nice guy". Well, yeah, saw that coming... but okay. Not as bad as I thought.

Edit 3: Finished the trial now. Of course, it ends on a bit of a cliffhanger, and as a result you really don't get to meet one of the characters, but I think we get the idea. At the end of the day... well, it's a sort of inn-centric harem romantic comedy with nice character designs, a pretty fun cast of characters, and a bit of heart. Some of the plot developments were fairly well done, for what they were. I guess some may say it's a "play for the artwork" game, but I'd personally give the story a little more than that. In the end, I was left with a fairly good impression, anyway, but I can definitely see why it won't be for everyone. It's probably a filler game rather than a headliner (but personally I don't have a problem with that, though I know some do).

Quote:
For this october's eroges , i prefer the heroines from "Hanairo Heptagram" over "Shukufuku no Kane no Oto wa, Sakurairo no Kaze to Tomo ni" character design wise.
Yeah, I'm a huge fan of Fumitake Moekibara's artwork so that takes the cake for me as far as character designs go. But then again, I also generally like Lump of Sugar games (though a bit less fond of some of their more recent ones). We'll see how this one goes; need to play the trial still, but I was going to order it anyway based on brand/artist alone.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-10-05 at 00:46.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 18:05   Link #3751
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Did/Has anyone played Kamidere? From the summary it didn't evoke any "must play asap" feeling, but it seems to have a true/grand route which by itself can be a nice thing (unless the genre "scares" me away from the VN in advance), so I'm usure whether to try it or not (especially since my HDD space is getting low ).

Anyway: Yasashii mahou no tonaekata seems quite okay-ish so far. Fairly deep into Mashiro's route and it follow one of the known two drama points per route concept for now. From an objective point of view the idea of both points (although the latter is still on-going) are "realistic" in relation to the theme of Mashiro's route and character. Subjectively, drama 1 was in retrospec explained reasonably, but started a bit too sudden, unless I missed the hint(s).
Oh yeah, and the ecchi scenes in her route showed up very, very sudden and didn't start at the "beginning" .

Strangely Ibuki's first h-scene was done rather properly Their interaction in general is by default very deep as in an inital amount of mutual trust and understanding of eachother to a quite deep level .

Edit: Kamidere was a huge "meh"-fest. Pre-confession most routes started out very, very crappy with 2 or 3 out of 5 heroines being quite annoying and rude towards the main character. In addition you have with Shery one of the most annoying and nerve-naging side characters ever so that I just skipped each time she appeared after the first route was done. Post-confession wasn't too bad, but due to the couple (unintentionally) trying to keep it a secret, made it somewhat stall/boring.
The so-called "Grand Ending": IMHO, nothing more than a cheap a excuse to include h-scenes for the missing 3 character not being main heroines + a bunny who suddenly transforms to a bunny girl (literally). /big facepalm.

I think I'll continue to play Whirlpool's Ryuuyoku no Melodia. Let's hope the "perverted protagonist" (vndb tag) will be handled in an acceptable frame.

Last edited by Mahou; 2012-10-11 at 12:48.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 08:14   Link #3752
hyl
reading #hikaributts

I am disapointed that Sugirly Wish Limited will be an exact port with only some (H)cg's replaced.
A reason for thinking that it's an exact port is that the seiyuu's are still using their pseudonyms, which probably means no new recorded lines. Also the psp OP is exactly the same as on the pc.

Atleast Renai 0 km portable will have new character(s) and one has her own route.

edit: while i am still in the subject of Asaproject (because of Renzero), their latest game "ひとつ飛ばし恋愛" has been announced in Push

more edits: Tomorrow's livestream from Pallete should give us more info on 恋がさくころ桜どき
I will surely check that out.

edit: i could be wrong about pallete's anouncement, because it could also be about Moshiraba's ~Renewal Package~ release next week

Last edited by hyl; 2012-10-18 at 08:32.
Old 2012-10-19, 07:46   Link #3753
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Darn, i tuned in too late for Pallete's live stream. So i ended up missing almost everything.
The only relevant thing that i was able to see was the character design of a new (side?) character in 恋がさくころ桜どき.

>_> i need to wait 30 more minutes before i can timeshift that broadcast...

edit: the quality of that stream was bad, so that's why i couldn't get a more clear image of it.

later edit: kind of obvious but she is Yuuri's twin sister

Not that much that i missed besides from a promotion of something that i didn't care in the first half. There was announcement of some merchandise (a cd, dakimakura and some more) for winter comiket

Last edited by hyl; 2012-10-19 at 09:41.
Old 2012-10-21, 15:07   Link #3754
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

I played 2 routes of Usodere and sadly it's another game in my "interesting concept, but failed execution"-category. Yes, the two-sides personalities was also in the later-released ore no kanojo no uraomote. Anyway, MC = quite ordinary and Izumi and Mio's non-uso side were annoying as in how "b!tchy" they were. At last Mizuha's real and "liar"-side were relatively the same. Honestly, no matter how crappy/worse a main character can be, being treated like "trash" is nothing he should ever be exposed to. At least it's not something I can find funny in *most* cases.

And I completed Maya's side scenario in Hatsukoi 1/1. For me, it would have been the prefered outcome of Maya's original route. Other than that? Much icha-icha, Yuuma while still the hormone-controlled boy is a bit more goal-focused due to his shared goal with Maya to go to the same university .
Not much else I played in-depth.
Old 2012-10-21, 23:23   Link #3755
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Twas a long time, but I think this month I'll be reading two new eroges. Brand name will hopefully carryover comedy from other works to make them worthy purchases.

Though I'm not sure if I'll appreciate ShukuSaku's basic setup. I feel like I've read something similar many times already... Pinning my hopes on the giyagus.
Old 2012-10-22, 04:19   Link #3756
Soviet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzac View Post
Though I'm not sure if I'll appreciate ShukuSaku's basic setup. I feel like I've read something similar many times already...
Koi iro Marriage comes out on the same day and basically has the exact same premise, something like this gets churned out several times a year. I read the trials for both of them, didn't find them very funny. Koi iro marriage at least has a somewhat proactive protag while the one in Studio Ryokucha's game is a typical self-insert character without personality.

Currently busy with Twinkle Crusaders and it's a shitload of fun, I'm probably constantly grinning like an idiot while playing this. I'm also thinking about reading Oretsuba R for Ai's route. Oretsuba is goddamn amazing anyway, so a re-read with this version sounds like a good idea to me right now.
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 19:21   Link #3757
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Alcot Honey Comb's trial of their latest game Aete Mushisuru Kimi to no Mirai was although pretty short, still fairly enjoyable. But i felt it was lacking something compared to some of their previous 2 games 1/2 summer and Shunki Gentei Poco a Poco!
While Nanagi was pretty fleshed out as a more creepier version of Ai from 春季限定ポコ・ア・ポコ!, however the rest of the cast seems more bland. Maybe i didn't get that many good impressions of them during the trial, but i never felt Minami, Kei or even Soka really stood out as characters.

The premise looks interesting: seeing that it's about the MC Takuro who is "cursed" to see the future at random times in the form of visions/dreams and he is unable to change those predictions (like he couldn't prevent the death of his parents as a child). Then he meets a female transfer student Misaki Soka who was able to overturn his predictions (twice in the trial). The Trial ends with a cliffhanger in which Soka asks Takuro if he can see the future.
I am however afraid that the future reading ability will be probably used as a cheap plotdevice, just like how 1/2 summer used it's premise of parallel worlds pretty weakly.

Last edited by hyl; 2012-10-25 at 19:33.
Old 2012-10-26, 02:40   Link #3758
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Currently busy with Twinkle Crusaders and it's a shitload of fun, I'm probably constantly grinning like an idiot while playing this.
Didn't think a simplistic gameplay system like it would be fun, but Twinkle Crusaders' system is DAMN GOOD.

I just played Clochette's trial for Prism Recollection, and my reaction is that Shintaro's art is divine as always. The characters and interactions are great too, and for once there's no obligatory senpai girl.

But I'm left wondering what the story of the game's supposed to be. At this point the whole point of this romantic comedy is..... a romantic comedy. I suppose if it's done well it'd be decent in its own way, but I was hoping for something a bit more like Onigokko for instance, which is a delicious rom-com but has an underlying story as well.

Still, dat art.

And Witches Garden is the first game from Windmill Oasis that is actually genuinely catching my interest since Happiness, which was the absolute bomb, and everything that came after never quite lived up to the awesomeness of that game.
Old 2012-10-26, 08:08   Link #3759
Mazyrian

Having recently replayed Shukufuku no Campanella also made me interested in Witch's Garden. Seems it would be somewhat on the slow side, and doesn't seem it will have much of a plot, but the moe part it's doing perfectly. The Emote system is pretty neat; much better than I'd given originally credit.
Old 2012-10-26, 10:33   Link #3760
farios

Tenshin Ranman demo patch is out now

http://www.craneanime.com/2012/10/tnshn-rnmn-dmo.html

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel