AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-04, 09:08   Link #1
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Hayate no Gotoku - Requests for new threads

Since the Hayate no Gotoku forum is limited (only Mods and Admin can create new threads), this thread serves as a way to request a new thread to be created.

Please post here if you wish to request a new Hayate no Gotoku thread. Please bear in mind that we will only accept reasonable requests, we wish to maintain the focus within the forum and cut down on the noise (so no pointless threads cluttering up the place).

Don't forget that you may still post in existing threads as usual, the only restriction is that you may not create new threads within this particular forum.
Old 2007-08-04, 10:09   Link #2
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
I'd suggest, just to compress the amount of threads down, that we setup a discussion thread ranging from episodes 1-13 for all the late bloomers out there. I say 13 simply because A) 13 episodes typically marks half a season, and B) episode 13 was the last one before the producers switched to a brand new ED song.

Although one could consider 13 and 14 to be directly intertwined... Egh, you guys decide. Just a suggestion. = |
Old 2007-08-04, 10:26   Link #3
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

The original idea was to create three batches:

Episodes 1-5
Episodes 6-10
Episodes 11-15

My doubt was whether including a poll or not in them, I was for not including it though. Agreement on this?
Old 2007-08-04, 10:29   Link #4
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
My doubt was whether including a poll or not in them, I was for not including it though. Agreement on this?
It's most likely best not to include a poll. Just make them discussion threads.
Old 2007-08-04, 10:30   Link #5
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
Yeah, I wouldn't agree on setting up a poll for 5 episodes either - especially how episodes 5-7 is an arc in itself for example. Episode 10 is a quandary of its own. ;P You'd end up splitting votes up and...well, things get messy to summerize.
Old 2007-08-04, 10:33   Link #6
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Ok, I'm going to create them. I'll leave them stuck for a few days too.

Another question: do you guys feel that a "Speculation & Theories (for first time viewers)" thread would be needed, or may the episode threads do ?
Old 2007-08-04, 11:00   Link #7
Zaris
of Porsche

Episode threads seem to encourage a lot of guesswork from the population already. But in order for it to be most effective, it needs to be started early - five days prior to airing at the latest, as soon as the currently aired episode is released at the earliest. Otherwise, people don't have anywhere to vent their speculations and people's heads start imploding.

One of the things that picked my hair apart back when Kanon was airing was how people put their guesses in episode threads and not in the Speculations & Theories. Granted, the people who posted there were not always correct, but it always gave me the false impression that people had seen the episode long before they were televised.

In the end, I think it is best to have a Speculation & Theories thread for first time viewers such as myself. Leave and encourage the Episode Discussion/Polls for actual discussion and not people ranting on what some "want" happening. (Blah blah blah Hayate x Hina ftw blah blah blah, etc. as an example lol) To do this, you could start the actual discussion thread really late, like 24 hours before the actual episode airs.

Then again, this isn't a serious anime to begin with...
Old 2007-08-04, 11:03   Link #8
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Mmmm i would like to request a favorite character poll. I personally aways enjoy viewing those and see the results of them. And since there was a discussion about it in the old thread. I thought it might be worth making it. And should there be one, do include Tama

As for the Speculation & Theories. I don't really understand the exact meaning. But isn't it sort of similar to Hayate no Gotoku - Spoilers & Speculation (for experienced Combat Butlers only). I'm a bit lost at the first time viewers part.

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Old 2007-08-04, 11:12   Link #9
Zaris
of Porsche

Idea is, Hayate the Combat Butler was originally a manga, and some people know all the story like it was the back of their hands. They know how the plot rolls, how characters talk and feel towards one another, and so forth. Whereas newcomers to the adaptation such as I and quite possibly yourself are just beginning to understand those relationships.

What ends up happening is two different groups of people having largely different discussions. Those who are experts of Hayate will talk about how the producers will pull off certain cliffhangers, plot points, and confessions. Newbies and first time viewers won't even be aware of these events to begin with. And it would be a shame to spoil the surprise. Thus the moderators create separate discussion threads for the veterans and the FOBs. :x
Old 2007-08-04, 11:26   Link #10
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

As Zaris says, the "first time viewers" part is because there are people who have manga knowledge and others who don't.

It's also true that this is not Kanon, I don't see such an amount of discussion possibly coming from the speculation for first time viewers thread. That's why I'm hesitating about it. Anyway, I see no harm either so I'll go ahead creating it.

The favourite character poll is a must and it will certainly be created soon. You need to allow me a bit though, as I want to create icons for it and that takes time. Expect to see it up in a few days
Old 2007-08-04, 18:34   Link #11
SSkyy
Readily Apparant

I feel that there is a need for a thread on character relationships.
Old 2007-08-04, 19:31   Link #12
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

I'm wondering if there should be a separate thread for the Viz release of the manga? With the manga thread at the latest Japanese release (and the english release of volume 4 occurring really soon), it would help (even with the anime airing ) prevent spoiling the engish readers of upcoming events.

Old 2007-08-04, 23:44   Link #13
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!

Yeah umm. We definintly gonna need a reference thread like Lucky Star. What dooya say :P?
Old 2007-08-05, 02:35   Link #14
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSkyy View Post
Could you elaborate your request more? It's a bit vague as it stands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
I'm wondering if there should be a separate thread for the Viz release of the manga? With the manga thread at the latest Japanese release (and the english release of volume 4 occurring really soon), it would help (even with the anime airing ) prevent spoiling the engish readers of upcoming events.

To do that, I'd need to close the existing thread and create two new ones. One for the japanese version, one for Viz's english version.
If such a need is confirmed, I'll do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garra113 View Post
Yeah umm. We definintly gonna need a reference thread
Thread created
Old 2007-08-05, 03:02   Link #15
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSkyy View Post
Do you mean something like the Romance in Code Geass or SR Factions, who's your favourite! thread?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
I was thinking of somethng along these lines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
To do that, I'd need to close the existing thread and create two new ones. One for the japanese version, one for Viz's english version.
If such a need is confirmed, I'll do it.
I think that the existing thread could be made into the "Raw Release" thread (just by adding a note to the first post, as we did with the School Rumble manga (raw discussion only) thread) and then create a new "Viz only" thread.
Old 2007-08-05, 14:30   Link #16
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

To sum up:

- Favourite Character(s) poll created.

- Manga discussion thread - Viz Edition only created.

- Existing manga discussion thread renamed to "(raw discussion only)" with consequent application of the new rule inside.
Old 2007-08-11, 11:22   Link #17
nightbringer360

Like in the Lucky Star area, a references section.
Old 2007-08-11, 11:33   Link #18
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbringer360 View Post
Like in the Lucky Star area, a references section.
Ahem, Hayate no Gotoku - References Discussion.

I believe we don't have an actual References List because it's already been done elsewhere (read the first post of the References Discussion thread).
Old 2007-08-14, 03:34   Link #19
nightbringer360

My mistake. ^_^;;
Old 2008-03-30, 22:51   Link #20
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Is There Gonna Be Second (Favorite Characters Poll)...?