AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2009-12-29, 23:40   Link #1021
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Finished up Coco's route over the weekend, interesting turnout in the end, liked those canons xD.

Though kind of curious about what'll happen with Coco.
Old 2009-12-29, 23:48   Link #1022
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageGaiGar View Post
Finished up Coco's route over the weekend, interesting turnout in the end, liked those canons xD.

If you want to know more about what happens to the characters after the game, go and listen to the Drama CDs. There are two of them, both can be found on page 44, and I have translated both of them on pages 45 and 46.

Spoiler for Drama CD spoilers:

I'd say they're worth your time if your looking for an ultimate closure for the game's loose ends, so I'd recommend you go ahead and listen to them.

Oh, and of course, congratulations on beating the game! I hope you loved it just as much as we all did!
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-30, 00:29   Link #1023
Eab1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageGaiGar View Post

Spoiler:
Eab1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-30, 00:41   Link #1024
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eab1990 View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for :
Old 2009-12-30, 02:38   Link #1025
Kaos!

Not sure if it's uploaded before but if anyone needs the official visual fanbook for e17 I can upload them. It contains the basic information and some extra like things that happen in the 17 years and some comments from people in libilich( HR people and secret agents)
Kaos! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-30, 03:18   Link #1026
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

I think the whole visual fanbook can be found on kgptzac's fansite, at least I was able to find it. Yeah, it really does contain some very interesting additional information.
Old 2009-12-30, 03:23   Link #1027
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
I think the whole visual fanbook can be found on kgptzac's fansite, at least I was able to find it. Yeah, it really does contain some very interesting additional information.
It's times like these when I wish I could read Japanese.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-30, 03:25   Link #1028
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

I'm able to read a little of it. The sections that I only truly read were the "Character Comments" section on each character (which is a panel featured on each character's profile page with an in-character comment from each of the other characters.) Some of them were nice, some were touching, and others were hilarious.
Old 2009-12-30, 09:12   Link #1029
Eab1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
Spoiler for :
Spoiler:

I've given the VFB a glance, though I can really only confirm the profiles, which state more or less exactly the same thing as the instruction manual. Birthday, blood type, favorites, dislikes...

The overview of the important scenes of each character and that character/Takeshi/Kid's views on them look interesting. As well as the look at their other profile... Their status, what everyone thinks of them, their fashion, their emotions, etc.

As much as I'd like a translation... It looks like there's a LOT of text in it. Hmm...

Last edited by Eab1990; 2009-12-30 at 09:23.
Old 2009-12-30, 10:29   Link #1030
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eab1990 View Post
Spoiler:

I've given the VFB a glance, though I can really only confirm the profiles, which state more or less exactly the same thing as the instruction manual. Birthday, blood type, favorites, dislikes...

The overview of the important scenes of each character and that character/Takeshi/Kid's views on them look interesting. As well as the look at their other profile... Their status, what everyone thinks of them, their fashion, their emotions, etc.

As much as I'd like a translation... It looks like there's a LOT of text in it. Hmm...
Spoiler for :

Yeah, the VFB really does have a lot of information in it. It's just a shame that it's only avaliable in Japanese. Ah well, it's the price of being a fan of Japanese games who lives in another country. And unfortunately, I don't really know enough Japanese to do a translation of the book (like I said earlier, most of my skills in Japanese are listening, not reading.)
Old 2010-01-02, 21:45   Link #1031
Eab1990

Then our next task is to get the VFB advertised. >_>
Old 2010-01-03, 09:19   Link #1032
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Well, I actually think more fans know about the VFB than they do the Drama CDs, since the VFB is featured on the biggest English fansite for Ever17. But yeah, we need to get to work on translating everything else. When we do, we can finally take satisfaction in knowing everything the Japanese have to offer.

EDIT: Well, except for all their fanfiction on that one site. I don't even want to imagine how long that would take.

Last edited by GundamAce; 2010-01-03 at 09:47.
Old 2010-01-04, 08:46   Link #1033
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

You know there's one thing this game made me feel more than anything else, Fear. Yup that's right, That creepy music playing in the background and the various events keeping you in constant suspense provided me with a more chilling fear than Paranormal Activity.

When Kid
Spoiler for spoiler:
it felt like one of the biggest mind screws ever, Not since oldboy had i been disturbed in such a way because right at that moment, The game messes up with your expectations like nothing before. I think the game pretty much succeeded at that point, And the proceeding twists kept you engaged personally and the way it all comes together was just fantastic. All i gotta say is amazing plot, Undoubtedly one of the best visual novels out there.
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-04, 15:09   Link #1034
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
You know there's one thing this game made me feel more than anything else, Fear. Yup that's right, That creepy music playing in the background and the various events keeping you in constant suspense provided me with a more chilling fear than Paranormal Activity.

When Kid
Spoiler for spoiler:
it felt like one of the biggest mind screws ever, Not since oldboy had i been disturbed in such a way because right at that moment, The game messes up with your expectations like nothing before. I think the game pretty much succeeded at that point, And the proceeding twists kept you engaged personally and the way it all comes together was just fantastic. All i gotta say is amazing plot, Undoubtedly one of the best visual novels out there.
Spoiler for :

I didn't exactly feel fear (The only games to successfully make me feel that constantly were Higurashi and Tsukihime), but I did feel the suspense whenever something confusing happened and the music started in the background. (particularly "Traum in der Dunkelheit", that always gave me a chill whenever I hear it.) I remember when I heard several plot twists and was near the climax, my whole body would shake in suspense.

Speaking of music, are there any tracks in the game that you associate with a scene from the game? I got the game OST recently, and whenever I hear a track, my mind instantly remembers a certain scene from the game when the track played, so I was curious if any of you have felt this also.
Old 2010-01-07, 15:06   Link #1035
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Ah, there's a question I have for you all. I've heard that there's this other visual novel that takes place in the same universe of Ever17, but it isn't in the Infinity series. Does anyone know what game it is?
Old 2010-01-07, 18:27   Link #1036
Kaos!

Should be I/O by Regista.
Old 2010-01-07, 18:34   Link #1037
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Hmm, interesting. Do you know what it's about or what system it's for?
Old 2010-01-07, 19:37   Link #1038
Kaos!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I/O_(visual_novel)

surprisingly they don't have a page for n7. Will be looking for more data later
Old 2010-01-07, 20:27   Link #1039
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Hmm, not a whole lot of information. According to the Japanese wiki, there's a PC version of the game as well. Still a bit curious about it, it's in the same world as Ever17, after all.
Old 2010-01-07, 23:08   Link #1040
Eab1990

This might help a bit... Can't help much otherwise.

http://vndb.org/v96

Tags
visual novel