Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-03-24, 20:02   Link #6221
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
I can understand if Boxer's fall to Code A was due in parting to his balancing between his coaching, scouting and practicing. But on the other hand, we have oGsTheWind who's still in Code S, so...

Otherwise, brilliant games.

Oh, and I found it funny how oGsMC stated in an interview that one of his goals is to knock TheWind (his own coach) out of GSL so he can go back to coaching full time. Extra points for that.
The difference though is the BoxeR didn't drop to Code A because he sucked, his match against Zenio pretty much shows he's still a mid-tier Code S player. Same with MVP, except that MVP is clearly a tier above BoxeR.

There's always an element of luck involved in these kinds of 4-player grouping matches. I mean, HuK wouldn't had made it to Code S if he had gotten into any of the harder groups in the ups-and-downs.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 22:12   Link #6222
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Is it just me or is SC2 crashing often for other people? I recently bought another account so I could ladder Terran on it exclusively (my main one will be Protoss) but when doing my placement matches I crashed in 2 of my games and I got placed in silver league because of this bullshit. Would have easily won all 5...
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 00:10   Link #6223
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by acejem View Post
Is it just me or is SC2 crashing often for other people? I recently bought another account so I could ladder Terran on it exclusively (my main one will be Protoss) but when doing my placement matches I crashed in 2 of my games and I got placed in silver league because of this bullshit. Would have easily won all 5...
You paid extra money to do that?
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 00:21   Link #6224
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
You paid extra money to do that?
Cuz blizz is stupid and won't let us have extra accounts. They don't understand that they lock people into the races they play because they don't want ot ruin their main account.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 00:27   Link #6225
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
There should be separate stats per race... Oh wait, they don't even want regular stats.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 00:32   Link #6226
NervZero
RAWR!!!

Send a message via AIM to NervZero
I have said this since day one.. Blizz's ladder system is stupid because soon the bots will be on giving auto wins... pointless.... I'm happy the installed chatrooms made it more like an online game..
Granted i haven't played in a month....

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
NervZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 00:36   Link #6227
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
There should be separate stats per race... Oh wait, they don't even want regular stats.
They're trying to save server space and reduce data traffic! Yea, that's the reason. LOLOL

And so, having played Toss way way too much... I'm stuck as Toss despite (if ever) playing more games as Terran?
Old 2011-03-25, 00:41   Link #6228
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I seem to be partial to the Battlecrusier build (not quite a rush or all in though, I'm too conservative a player for that).
Old 2011-03-25, 01:37   Link #6229
Pocari_Sweat

Ok.. Out of the 15 ladder games I played, about half of them ended up crashing ingame. The crashes ended up as losses. I'm pissed.
Old 2011-03-25, 03:55   Link #6230
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I'm figuring out I like playing Star Battle over Starcraft.
Old 2011-03-25, 10:36   Link #6231
Prodigy
Heartless

Quote:
Ok.. Out of the 15 ladder games I played, about half of them ended up crashing ingame. The crashes ended up as losses. I'm pissed.
Ouch! That sucks. On the bright side, they don't show losses anymore.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 11:31   Link #6232
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
It's ok. This once happened to me before. I think you need to post on their technical support forum.

They will of course blame the problem on you, but if enough complain...

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 01:03   Link #6233
brocko

Does it freeze into a blackscreen when it crashes? It happened to me then i chucked the graphics way down and it hasn't occured since. Try it with lower settings, it may possibly help.

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 02:45   Link #6234
lordshadowisle

Sigh, I'm even worse than I thought Must have lost about 6 or 7 games in a row. Too bad there's no achievement for failure
lordshadowisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 05:05   Link #6235
Pocari_Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
Does it freeze into a blackscreen when it crashes? It happened to me then i chucked the graphics way down and it hasn't occured since. Try it with lower settings, it may possibly help.
It crashes to the desktop and it gives a error message. I'm fairly sure this is a patch issue because sc2 was fine before it.
Old 2011-03-26, 05:39   Link #6236
brocko

In that case it sounds like Blizzard dun goofed. Have you tried testing it out offline? Might be a battlenet issue rather than the game itself.

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 16:58   Link #6237
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/1...rg-toxic-slums

This is probably one of the most interesting games I have played. Halfway through someone DC-ed so we simply massed and tried to rush. Then someone teched up to BCs while I am still stuck with churning out marines.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 18:54   Link #6238
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/1...rg-toxic-slums

This is probably one of the most interesting games I have played. Halfway through someone DC-ed so we simply massed and tried to rush. Then someone teched up to BCs while I am still stuck with churning out marines.
Before the patch that was bad enough, now if I get into a TvT and have 4 bases, get battlecruisers (if I have air dominance) and just laugh at everything as I zoom around the map. I love the speed change on BCs! <3
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 02:43   Link #6239
Kyuu
=^^=

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/1...ss-zerg-typhon

Replay on that 3v3 Typhon map. That damned cursed map. Much h8.

Instead of the all-in back door approach, when the push wasn't moving forward; back off and try the other way. Granted, I was a coward during one push; but thankfully, that cowardice paid off. Then, with Nyan's blings and teal's immortals, their push was held off while their mains were being taken out.

Luckily, yellow was not effective.
Old 2011-03-28, 20:00   Link #6240
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/1...ss-zerg-typhon

Replay on that 3v3 Typhon map. That damned cursed map. Much h8.

Instead of the all-in back door approach, when the push wasn't moving forward; back off and try the other way. Granted, I was a coward during one push; but thankfully, that cowardice paid off. Then, with Nyan's blings and teal's immortals, their push was held off while their mains were being taken out.

Luckily, yellow was not effective.
Banelings are addictive. Roll them out from the hatch like little green balls and send them to their deaths.

Orange was an idiot. He was kiting my blings with such a large army and got himself clogged up at the chokepoint of our base while retreating.

This has got to be the silliest cheese I have fought off.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard, starcraft, windows