AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-14, 15:17   Link #561
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Maybe they'll eventually do an artbook for the manga releases? Considering Frontier has so many right now.
Old 2013-03-23, 14:12   Link #562
akron88

I'd like to ask if someone can spoil me with the manga ending to the series (as in, the most official non-shoujo non-weird manga there is?) I'm a bit lazy to look through the pages
akron88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 16:17   Link #563
Matts
An... Historian OOOH-

Quote:
Originally Posted by akron88 View Post
I'd like to ask if someone can spoil me with the manga ending to the series (as in, the most official non-shoujo non-weird manga there is?) I'm a bit lazy to look through the pages
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkplataform View Post
Volume 5 Full
(Chinese scans)

full album
photobucket album
I don't speak chinese, but the scans are there, so you can go through them. You might like to read through the novel thread too, they are maybe a bit closer in relation to the series. I don't know how involved Kawamori was with this manga. The first (? there are way too many chapters to fit into a single book) volume
of the Macross FF manga just came out and is on it's way to me. It concluded in this Month's NewType ACE, Kawamori was involved and the story takes place between the movies. The art is a million times better too.
Old 2013-03-23, 16:25   Link #564
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts View Post
I don't speak chinese, but the scans are there, so you can go through them. You might like to read through the novel thread too, they are maybe a bit closer in relation to the series. I don't know how involved Kawamori was with this manga. The first (? there are way too many chapters to fit into a single book) volume
of the Macross FF manga just came out and is on it's way to me. It concluded in this Month's NewType ACE, Kawamori was involved and the story takes place between the movies. The art is a million times better too.
It's a shame that no one bothered to scan past book 1 even though book 5 floats around. MF wasn't a popular manga at all.
Old 2013-03-23, 16:50   Link #565
Matts
An... Historian OOOH-

The only complete Macross scanlations I can think of are Macross 7 Trash and Mylene Beat. The former had a US release and someone just scanned it, the latter is only 1 volume long and the translation/grammar is off sometimes, but I'm not complaining, at least it exists.
The MF manga looks pretty terrible , the scanlator of the Sheryl manga said it was exhausting to translate the story and as far as I know, there are no complete scans for FF, at least not yet. Since the book is out, there might be some sites with pictures, I didn't have time to look.

On the one hand I would say that it's not a popular title to work on, but on the other hand Type-Moon has a huge fanbase and the Prisma Illya manga chapters take forever to come out in english, not to mention all the other fate projects. So who knows how groups decide what projects they want to invest in. Well, at least we can look at the pictures (and envy Tak, who can actually read it ).
Old 2013-03-23, 18:16   Link #566
akron88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts View Post
Thanks a lot! Yeah, seems it follows the TV series trend (which disappoints me 'cause I disliked the TV series ) with some details changed, which would be nice to get translated in order to know! any chance you have them same chinese scans for vol. 3-4?

That aside, you can tell Kawamori had to do with this manga...
Spoiler:

...IS THERE NO MIDDLE GROUND?!?!?! ...
akron88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 19:39   Link #567
Matts
An... Historian OOOH-

Quote:
Originally Posted by akron88 View Post
any chance you have them same chinese scans for vol. 3-4?
Chapters 1-6 have been translated to english, I tried looking for the rest in chinese and japanese, no luck, maybe darkplataform or someone else can help. I remember flipping through them back in the day, but no idea if I got the link from one of the threads here or somewhere else.
Old 2013-04-02, 08:27   Link #568
Matts
An... Historian OOOH-

Got Macross FF today, I think they got all the chapter into one volume, I found the pictures darkplataform posted. The cover and the art is so pretty. There's a concert at the end where Sheryl and Ranka are in the same outfits that they wear in Macross 30. That's all I had time for now.
Old 2013-04-02, 08:53   Link #569
darkplataform

uhh... still waiting my copy, cdjapan slow as usual
Old 2013-04-02, 09:34   Link #570
Matts
An... Historian OOOH-

I went through it, it has all the chapters, has some SheriRan, AruRan and AruSheri fanservice, Alto meets his Dad and has a talk with him (haven't read it, so no idea what they are talking about, after that comes the scene that dark posted where he has a towel over his head and Sheryl hugs him from behind) and it has 4 coloured illustrations inside: Blonde Sheryl + Purple haired Pirate Sheryl (heart and paper plane tattoo on her arm), Kabuki Alto in the back with Alto holding a paper plane in front, cute Brera and Ranka (nothing shippy), purple haired super pretty Sheryl in sexy and beautiful dress. The cover has Sheryl on the front, Ranka on the back in her pink outfit from the first movie, and the inside has Alto in his gothloli dress.
Kikuya's Minmay looks really, really strange. I think Sheryl is halucinating the old Macross idols, Sharon looks pretty.
I don't know when I'll get to reading it, but I would recommend it as a must have for anyone, I'm impressed with the amount of story we get for the price.

Michael and Klan or on the cover too, I just didn't notice it because the add for FB7 and MP BD's was covering that part.
Old 2013-04-02, 15:46   Link #571
magnuskn

I'd love to see a short summary when you are done ( or a long one, but I don't want to impose too much on your kindness ).
Old 2013-04-02, 16:04   Link #572
Matts
An... Historian OOOH-

Spoiler for few panels I also posted on elsewhere, I need a scanner, I know:
Old 2013-09-23, 20:57   Link #573
John117xCortana

The next chapter of Sheryl Kiss in the Galaxy has been scanlated!
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 16:39   Link #574
magnuskn

Oh, cool. I'll try to find it. Thanks, John!
Old 2013-09-28, 17:43   Link #575
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Meanwhile, not one but TWO magazines carrying Macross manga have died over the past couple of years...

Don't worry, Magnus, I'm not blaming you. I'm jus' sayin'... Rock on wit'cher bad self.
Old 2013-09-28, 18:33   Link #576
magnuskn

Yep, I'm sure they wouldn't have died if I never knew of scanlations. Because.. I wouldn't have bought Japanese language comics no matter what, given that I don't speak the language?

Didn't we have this conversation already? Twice?
Old 2013-09-28, 18:38   Link #577
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

MAN! I target you, you go ballistic. I outright state that I'm NOT targeting you, you STILL go ballistic.

Tell me, how can I say what I want to say WITHOUT pissing you off?
Old 2013-09-29, 06:50   Link #578
magnuskn

I think your definition of "ballistic" is a bit overblown. But the general gist of what you say still is "you bad, bad people, it's all your fault". Only because you try to exclude me to prevent any response doesn't mean that it doesn't affect me.
Old 2013-09-30, 06:55   Link #579
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Tell me, do japanese people read the scanned stuff, on a regular basis?
Or do they generally buy the manga?

Because, in my mind's eye, this (the magazines folding) would be more their fault than the people who read the scanned and translated stuff, because the vast majority of those wouldn't buy the original material anyway - on account of not understanding a single word of it. Oh, but the visual storytelling is so good that you can understand stuff! Yeah, that doesn't really work for me, tho.
Most of the time, anyway.

Could I be wrong?

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 11:23   Link #580
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Sheryl ~Kiss in the Galaxy~ has been updated.

Tags
manga