Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-24, 06:45   Link #301
JERI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budweineken
If you go to this webpage: http://www.nippon-animation.co.jp/ne...nfu/index.html

and translate this line "第27話から第52話の制作進行中です。(来年秋完成予定)日本での放映につきましては現在未定 です" under the broadcasting schedule and translate it with babelfish this is what you get: "It is the production under way of 52nd story from 27th story. (Fall of next year completion schedule) in Japan presently it is undecided concerning televising"

If you turn it around my guess is that it means that episodes 27-52 are in production for fall of next year, but that televising is still under consideration...

At least this keeps my hopes up
I'm surprised that the show hasn't been canceled yet, it looked like a complete turkey.

Sure, I've only seen ten minutes of a random episode of this series, but I'm positive that's not much of a loss. The entire Jing Yong martial arts dramas have been done to death by the Hong Kong television industry, and I've subsequently developed a bitter skepticism against the quality of any similar adaptations.

Heck, I'm more surprised that they didn't choose to adapt The Heaven Sword and the Dragon Sabre instead. Surely it's more anime-friendly than the chick-flick plot of Condor?
Old 2004-08-24, 07:35   Link #302
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERI
I'm surprised that the show hasn't been canceled yet, it looked like a complete turkey.

Sure, I've only seen ten minutes of a random episode of this series, but I'm positive that's not much of a loss. The entire Jing Yong martial arts dramas have been done to death by the Hong Kong television industry, and I've subsequently developed a bitter skepticism against the quality of any similar adaptations.

Heck, I'm more surprised that they didn't choose to adapt The Heaven Sword and the Dragon Sabre instead. Surely it's more anime-friendly than the chick-flick plot of Condor?
Oh wow, hold on there. ^^

Not everyone seen this series yet, let alone aware about the books. As far as I know the dramas done by TVB were not available in english. And the novels were printed in Chinese letters. Some people haven't even heard about Jin Yong at all. You'll be surprised. ^^

And there is a good reason why alot of people demanded the 2nd season of Condor Hero. Not to be rude with your preference, but there are people who like Youka and Koko love story and would kill to watch the rest of the story animated. ^^

Who knows maybe after they finished with Condor Hero, they will animate Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre. ^^
Old 2004-08-24, 07:49   Link #303
Joker-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro
No it hasn't been licensed yet and yes the group still subbing it (L-E) can take as long as they wan't to. They prefer quality in their relaseses which is a good thing even though they take forever to release the subs. So just sit back and be patient.

Ways to check to see if a series is licensed or not:

License Database

How Many Episodes: Answered here!

Umm, LE doesn't have the best quality, infact id say it's about average. Even if they were amazing Qaulity, I guess the encode, timing and translation each take a month. Doesn't matter anymore anyway, since it's licensed.
Old 2004-08-24, 10:19   Link #304
jimmy_1

I`m one of they who could kill to watch the rest of this fantastic show. I`ve seen Dragon Sword And Heavan Sabre, and i think that Condor Hero (not in anime) and Legend of condor Hero (the 1 we are watching know) is 1000 times better.
Old 2004-08-29, 19:19   Link #305
jimmy_1

finally seen 24-26, very good. Even i couldn`t understand anything, (cantonese, japanese, dual language). Pm if you will se..
Old 2004-09-20, 08:50   Link #306
ironbomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_1
finally seen 24-26, very good. Even i couldn`t understand anything, (cantonese, japanese, dual language). Pm if you will se..

Where u get eps 24-26 from!?!?
Old 2004-09-20, 08:55   Link #307
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironbomb
Where u get eps 24-26 from!?!?
The series is now licensed so you are not allowed to ask where to find downloads (unless you want to be banned of course). There is a reason why this thread is now in the DVD & Licensed forum.

The first DVD release is due on the 19th Oct, contains eps 1 to 3, so it will be a while before the later episodes are available.
Old 2004-09-28, 02:58   Link #308
Hajime Saito

Angry

I've just finished watching Live Evil's Condor hero anime...well the 23 eps they released neways...now I'm crying over the fact I can't see the last 3!!! :-(

I want to buy the DVD but I've read this entire thread and I'm all confused. I checked Tai Sheng's website and they dun even have condor hero listed.

I checked available DVDs for sale on several sites and they only have a canto/mando dub with chinese subs

from the forum i assum there'll be a english version right?? and that's the only way we can finish the anime's last 3 eps right???
Old 2004-09-28, 03:02   Link #309
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Eventually. It will be awhile until it catches up to episode 23, so be patient.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-09-28 at 03:58.
Old 2004-09-28, 03:23   Link #310
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajime Saito
I want to buy the DVD but I've read this entire thread and I'm all confused. I checked Tai Sheng's website and they dun even have condor hero listed.

I checked available DVDs for sale on several sites and they only have a canto/mando dub with chinese subs

from the forum i assum there'll be a english version right?? and that's the only way we can finish the anime's last 3 eps right???
The DVD (with English subs) has a release date of the 19th October.

It contains the first three episodes and has a retail price of $20, but you can easily find it for under $13. It's listed at DVDPacific as Legend of Condor Hero.

As for Tai Seng's site, well it used to be there but at the moment it seems to be not listed (searching for "condor" or "legend" doesn't bring up any hits). Nice going Tai Seng!
Old 2004-12-04, 13:35   Link #311
brood-faun

Question regarding Condor Hero....

Is it true the dvd release of Condor hero (seaon 1) contain only Chinese/English Audio (no Jap audio)? Also, a season2 was planned; was it already broadcasted? I am saying that because season2 of condor hero(anime not live action) is already available on dvds with only chinese audio.

Is season 2 of condor hero is licensed as well or not?

Thanks!!!
Old 2004-12-04, 18:28   Link #312
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by brood-faun
Is it true the dvd release of Condor hero (seaon 1) contain only Chinese/English Audio (no Jap audio)? Also, a season2 was planned; was it already broadcasted? I am saying that because season2 of condor hero(anime not live action) is already available on dvds with only chinese audio.
That's true. The DVDs don't seem to have Japanese audio. Even stranger is that on the Chinese audio track was the usual Japanese OP song, but if you listen to the English audio track, they changed the OP song to an entirely different song in Chinese. I can't explain why they have a Chinese song on the English track and a Japanese song on the Chinese track.

Quote:
Is season 2 of condor hero is licensed as well or not?

Thanks!!!
As far as we know the second season is not licensed. Perhaps after it has been animated we might hear more about it.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-12-11, 03:57   Link #313
darockiscookin

Great News! Legend of Condor Hero season 2 is air on TV at HK. They are up to episode 35 now. I be going to HK next week I'll see if i could get a copy of season 2 and then see wat will happen maybe get it sub. I'm a great fans of Condor Hero been watching all those live action since the day I was born.
Old 2004-12-11, 05:43   Link #314
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by darockiscookin
Great News! Legend of Condor Hero season 2 is air on TV at HK. They are up to episode 35 now. I be going to HK next week I'll see if i could get a copy of season 2 and then see wat will happen maybe get it sub. I'm a great fans of Condor Hero been watching all those live action since the day I was born.
Except this thread is about the Condor Hero anime, not the Legend of Condor Hero Live-Action.

Perhaps posting your message in the Legend of Condor Hero 2003 - Live Action Discussion thread would be more appropriate.
Old 2004-12-11, 14:33   Link #315
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker-kun
Umm, LE doesn't have the best quality, infact id say it's about average. Even if they were amazing Qaulity, I guess the encode, timing and translation each take a month. Doesn't matter anymore anyway, since it's licensed.
I really resent that comment. We did the best with what we had available. Any "fans" who resent us for taking too long to sub it we'd prefer if you had nothing to do with us, positively or negatively.

BTW, for the REAL people who care about Live-eviL, (CENSORED - This is against forum rules), too bad you aren't one of them

-Tofu

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-12-13 at 01:27.
Old 2004-12-12, 01:09   Link #316
Joker-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofusensei
I really resent that comment. We did the best with what we had available. Any "fans" who resent us for taking too long to sub it we'd prefer if you had nothing to do with us, positively or negatively.

-Tofu
I never said you didn't do the best with what you have, but plain fact is the quality was average. It may have been amazing with the RAWs which you got, but overall, it was average quality. As for resenting you for taking too long and not associating with you, I don't download anything of Live Evil's, and once again i was saying a simple fact, you guys take long, wasn't complaining about it.
Old 2004-12-12, 10:54   Link #317
Tofusensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker-kun
I never said you didn't do the best with what you have, but plain fact is the quality was average. It may have been amazing with the RAWs which you got, but overall, it was average quality. As for resenting you for taking too long and not associating with you, I don't download anything of Live Evil's, and once again i was saying a simple fact, you guys take long, wasn't complaining about it.
We did take a long time, no denying this. The sad part is, we were actually pacing our releases. We were planning on wrapping at up at the very end of SUmmer 2004 (September), to get ready for the rumored 2nd season if it did indeed start. The big tragedy of the situation is that we would have had them out on schedule except it got licensed and ruined the whole plan. :/

Also, you are aware that we started the project in spring of 2002, right? So you're looking at the "quality" from a fansub age where divx3 was king and 640x480 was brand new technology and controversial. We stuck with the same encoding & typsetting basically throughout for consistency sake, but if you were trying to compare the quality of it to more modern fansubs then I think you're doing an unfair comparison. Maybe comparing it to fansubs of the day would be more fair, or looking at some of our newer titles.

Anyway, I don't mean to be defensive, but no, wait, I do. ^^;

BTW, I've seen you mention about your "group"... what group is this? I am curious ^^

-Tofu
Old 2004-12-12, 12:53   Link #318
darockiscookin

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
Except this thread is about the Condor Hero anime, not the Legend of Condor Hero Live-Action.

Perhaps posting your message in the Legend of Condor Hero 2003 - Live Action Discussion thread would be more appropriate.

This is about the anime not the live-action. If you read the title of the anime it is called " The Legend of Condor Hero". I know you are thinking about "Return of the Condor Hero" for the title.
Old 2004-12-12, 13:18   Link #319
Tofusensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by darockiscookin
This is about the anime not the live-action. If you read the title of the anime it is called " The Legend of Condor Hero". I know you are thinking about "Return of the Condor Hero" for the title.
I'm going to fully look into getting raws for this show (albeit in Chinese). There is a good chance that we'll have to wait for VCDs or DVDs to come out though.

Please, if ANYONE knows anything about this show and where to get raws (anything about Chinese warez/tv rip scene), I'd really be interested in it.

Feel free to message me on here or email me at Tofusensei@live-evil.org thank you

-Tofusensei (of Live-eviL)
Old 2004-12-12, 13:53   Link #320
The Yellow Dwarf

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERI

I'd say 90% of motion picture adaptations of Louis Cha's novels are flops, including teledramas.

The anime just falls prey to the same-old kiddidization that over-simplified the relationships and conflicts - which is a pretty standard procedure in most anime adaptations of novels. Also, Louis Cha's works have only recently been introduced in Japan (I think it was the mid 90's), so it's still pretty new there I think.

Cha himself had said plenty times in interviews that he doesn't like film/drama adaptations, but I guess it brings in enough money so he doesn't complain much. Although, he had always insisted that Chinese martial arts novels should not be translated into European languages, because they are very cuturally Chinese (particularly Cha's works). Perhaps this is why in attempting to broaden the range of audience the anime just loses the Chineseness and just starts ... sucking.

I wonder how western audiences are responding to it... (The most vocal people about this anime seems to be people who have already read the novels/watched the Hong Kong TV dramas.)
Closed Thread