AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kashimashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Kashimashi Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 10 22.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 40.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 22.22%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 11.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 4.44%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-26, 19:15   Link #21
Akuma-sama
Purr, good kitty...

I already had VLC, but I downloaded the newest version and it worked perfectly

Re-watching episode 6 made me realize this anime has pretty good music, especially that piano piece when Hazumu and Tomari talk near the river near the end... any word on the OST? (...yay, a third one for me to find...)
Old 2006-02-26, 22:40   Link #22
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Another thumbs up for VLC. It works great on even old PCs and fast new ones.

I've got VLC on my 1.7 ghz Pentium M laptop, my dual CPU G5 Mac, my
old Athlon 2400 machine, and even my old 400 mhz G4 Mac and it works
great wherever. It seems to be able to get the most out of whatever
machine it runs on.

I liked this episode but there were some things that bothered me a bit:

Spoiler:
Old 2006-02-26, 23:48   Link #23
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Hmm? I would have applied the "gravitating to ****** out of guilt or obligation" to Yasuna, not Tomari, because of the reason Hazumu accepted Yasuna's kiss ("I have to accept this kiss because Yasuna has been hurt so much"), and how he had to force himself to be cheery with Yasuna when they were eating lunch in this ep. With Tomari, though, there's the whole "I want to be your bride/groom" flashback. It is a bit unfair that he suddenly cares so much about Tomari, but we'll see how things stand in the next ep...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurogane's Anime Blog
Anyways, it’s about high time everyone stop being so conscious about Hazumu’s previously a boy. IIRC, in the manga, they were quite over the “Hazumu was a boy!! OMG!!111″ thing around volume 2?
To end this post….. what the dog did in this episode is sooo wrong….. sooooo wrong.
What? All it did was walk up to Yasuna and push her skirt up...
Old 2006-02-27, 14:44   Link #24
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

8/10

"Very Good". Yes I liked it a lot as usual. But overall I feel like I liked the previous ones a bit more, even too I consider myself a bit more a Tomari fan.
I agree about the last scene, when Hazumu was stepping on those stones. Very sweet and romantic.

Actually, the romance in this show is depicted as I've rarely seen in other anime.
The romantic moments do really involve me, no matter what. Props to director and musicians for this
Old 2006-02-27, 18:17   Link #25
Akuma-sama
Purr, good kitty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb
Spoiler:
At this point, spoiler tags seem useless, so...

Hazumu accepted Yasuna's kiss in last episode out of pity/guilt, she didn't want to reject and hurt Yasuna. In this episode, Yasuna tries to deepen their relationship (and somewhat manages, though she does push a bit, hence the failed kiss), but Hazumu has Tomari on her mind, and not in a romantic way (for now. ).
Why? Because Tomari, Hazumu's oldest and closest friend, is obviously pushing her away; it's all explained in the last scene: She wants to be with Yasuna, but doesn't want to lose Tomari's friendship.

If we'd make a relationship chart between the three of them, there'd be ♥s going from Tomari and Yasuna to Hazumu, a crush from Hazumu to Yasuna (wouldn't say love just yet...) and friendship from Hazumu to Tomari.

Quote:
Spoiler:
That could be argued.
...then again, it could be argued that Hazumu was a guy in the first place
Old 2006-02-27, 19:15   Link #26
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Yes, in the final episode, it will be revealed that Hazumu has always been a girl, and the aliens just made everyone think that she used to be a boy... no, wait a minute... that one's been done already...

I think what got Hazumu rattled was the fact that Tomari was suddenly pushing her away and forcing her together with Yasuna. That was a consequence of the kiss that she hadn't expected, and it was making her rethink what had happened.
Old 2006-02-27, 19:22   Link #27
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy
Yes, in the final episode, it will be revealed that Hazumu has always been a girl, and the aliens just made everyone think that she used to be a boy... no, wait a minute... that one's been done already...
Oh, god, don't remind me. x_x
Spoiler for vague-ish but *extremely* disappointing spoiler if you know the anime:

Here, it's a win-win situation!

Last edited by KaneDragon; 2006-02-28 at 00:07.
Old 2006-02-27, 20:11   Link #28
Akuma-sama
Purr, good kitty...

BBoven, Kane, what anime are you two talking about?

...Whoops!
Old 2006-02-27, 22:54   Link #29
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma-sama
BBoven, Kane, what anime are you two talking about?
This one.

And yes, it did have a very disappointing finale. One I'm hoping Kashimashi will learn from and not repeat.
Old 2006-02-28, 06:22   Link #30
DrewGSR

and the triangle begins. So much drama at some points i was like ahhh.

But the good ole perv dad comes in the pictures and is their for the comic relief. LOL i swear his antics are so wrong but friken hilarious at the same time.
Old 2006-02-28, 07:15   Link #31
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Kashimashi is continuing to be an extremely pleasant surprise for me, particularly in these past two episodes. The love triangle is coming together really well now that the two competing girls have been given a respectable amount of attention. Speaking of respectable, I appreciated how aggressive Yasuna was in this episode... it's a refreshing change to see a girl in anime that nows what she wants and goes about trying to get it. That said I think
Spoiler for speculation from someone who hasn't read the manga:
That's what I think all the signs are pointing to, anyway.
Old 2006-02-28, 10:02   Link #32
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

I'm glad I gave this series a chance. At first I watched just to see what the fuss was all about, but the premise is just too interesting.

A cute girly boy that actually becomes a cute girl, with two other girl fighting for her. Yasuna seemed delighted that Hazumu has turned into a girl by the end of the first ep, as she was afraid that Hazumu the boy might "disappear" from her eyes as with all other guys that somehow she can't see.

On the other hand, Tomari is slightly disappointed on Hazumu's gender bending, but by now has managed to get over that setback, and has taken the initiative on Hazumu again, thanks in part to Hazumu feeling guilty for leaving Tomari behind.

The piano version of the ED this episode is just beautiful.

BTW, am I the only one who is unsettled that the kanji for "Kasimasi" is 「姦し」. I know the main theme of the series is literally "three girls" as seen for this kanji, but this kanji is also the kanji for "rape", which doesn't seem to fit in with the warm romantic comedy theme. (Maybe that's why "Kasimasi" is written in hiragana in the first place. )
Old 2006-02-28, 11:34   Link #33
Akuma-sama
Purr, good kitty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle
BTW, am I the only one who is unsettled that the kanji for "Kasimasi" is 「姦し」. I know the main theme of the series is literally "three girls" as seen for this kanji, but this kanji is also the kanji for "rape", which doesn't seem to fit in with the warm romantic comedy theme. (Maybe that's why "Kasimasi" is written in hiragana in the first place. )
Erg! I didn't know that
Hn... my dictionary says the adjective form of 姦し is:

(姦しい); かしましい, strict; faultfinding; carping; fussy

...not sure how it's relevant But yeah, the kanji's meaning: (wicked; mischief; seduce; rape; noisy) is... um...
Though the Seduce part fits Yasuna... and the Noisy one matches with Tomari!
Old 2006-02-28, 15:03   Link #34
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
I liked this episode but there were some things that bothered me a bit:

Spoiler:
I thought this was more than a little weird too. After five episodes of Hazumu liking Yasuna, confessing to Yasuna, wanting to be with Yasuna, being sad when Yasuna rejects him, etc., all of a sudden episode six pulls a childhood promise with Tomari out of nowhere--and now that he's got to the point he can kiss Yasuna again he doesn't. It just seems like the writer got here and said "oops, at this rate Hazumu will be on third base with Yasuna before Tomari even gets to confess" so he throws in the childhood promise and Hazumu backing away from Yasuna a little, just to level the playing field.

I can understand Hazumu not wanting to lose Tomari as a friend, but after pining after Yasuna for five episodes, does he really suddenly see Tomari as Yasuna's equal, romantically? Does he think he can pull a Rentarou and have the three of them be together forever?

Hazumu's actions this episode (he has the chance to kiss both Tomari and Yasuna, but doesn't) make it seem like he wants to be friends with them, but not really anything more than that. But if that's true, why did he confess to Yasuna before? They were friends already, if that was all he wanted.

As a Tomari fan, I'm glad to see she gained some ground this episode, though. Although Hazumu's dad needs some serious help...
Old 2006-02-28, 18:27   Link #35
iamtetsuo
Thinking Different Member
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to iamtetsuo
OK lots of stuff to talk about, first off another good episode. Not as good as some of the previous episodes but good none-the-less. But oh I just wanted to smack Hazumu and tell him to be a man when he was about to kiss Yasuna! But then I get the wait but he's a girl... but she's a guy... but but but... then my head exploded.
I can't really tell if Hazumu wants Tomari as a friend or something more. Also it seemed as though in the last episode Hazumu really loved Yasuna but now...
The ending was great, Tomari finally realized what a b*tch she was being. The next couple of episodes are going to be interesting, as I think we will finally have some real competition over Hazumu!

Quote:
Hazumu is such a player.
No he's not! A real player would have had no problem kissing Yasuna and wouldn't have stood in front of tomari going um er um... A real player would have been smooth. "Hey baby that kiss didn't mean anything, she was totally pushing herself on me. I really only have eyes for you, remember that promise I made you..."

OK and now for some side notes just for GNU's sub:
Video quality was kind of weird, it was kinda wavy at parts. Also the sound quality wasn't very good either. IMO there is absolutely no reason to sacrifice sound quality, that is such a small fraction of the file size. I am definatly downloading KNKF's version just to have a better quality file for my archives.
That being said VLC had no problems playing it on my 1.4gighz iBook. I'm a big fan of VLC, it will almost always play whatever file you throw at it (except for WMV3 and 6 grr!) and it does a darn good job at it to. However I find that MplayerOSX can provide much better video quality when it works (which isn't often). Mplayer also does soft subs MUCH better than VLC, but once again it is very buggy and hasn't been updated in forever.
Old 2006-02-28, 18:47   Link #36
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by suguru
I thought this was more than a little weird too. After five episodes of Hazumu liking Yasuna, confessing to Yasuna, wanting to be with Yasuna, being sad when Yasuna rejects him, etc., all of a sudden episode six pulls a childhood promise with Tomari out of nowhere--and now that he's got to the point he can kiss Yasuna again he doesn't. It just seems like the writer got here and said "oops, at this rate Hazumu will be on third base with Yasuna before Tomari even gets to confess" so he throws in the childhood promise and Hazumu backing away from Yasuna a little, just to level the playing field.
Admittedly, there are a lot of plot devices in Kashimashi. But it is done with the intention of creating an interesting love triangle, and so far I'd say they've succeeded in this. I think you've hit it on the head though, when you say Hazumu just wants to be friends. Hazumu seems to want to have his cake and eat it too by being on good terms with both girls and it appears this isn't possible if he chooses one over the other (especially considering how resentful Tomari can be). I suppose it's the old Ichigo 100%-cliche again, that picking one girl will hurt the other(s). The difference this time being that the competing girls are actually interesting.
Old 2006-02-28, 22:33   Link #37
Venire

Interesting episode, to say the least. Tomari's inner girl finally showed up from under the tomboy, which is a delightful development (memories are really powerful...). I'm curious to see how she is going to change. And the triangle is probably going to get tense, since Yasuna doesn't seem like she's going to share the love, and Tomari isn't going to stand down. Ohh, I'm hooked~!
Old 2006-03-01, 11:43   Link #38
Eclipze

Ok...

Tomari and Hazumu = childhood friends.

So, how exactly is having a childhood memory of "I want to be your groom", an out-of-place plot device?
Old 2006-03-01, 13:06   Link #39
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Episode 06 has to be my fav' so far, & the fact that i watched episode 05 & 06 at the same time made it a much more interesting watch.

At this point in the series.. i can't stop thinking about how this series is going to end.. and on what kind of emotional level..
Old 2006-03-01, 13:12   Link #40
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtetsuo
I can't really tell if Hazumu wants Tomari as a friend or something more. Also it seemed as though in the last episode Hazumu really loved Yasuna but now...
I don't think Hazumu knows exactly what she wants right now. And actually, that happens to a lot of people, even when they don't have aliens crash spaceships into them and then alter their genders.

Hazumu had feelings for Yasuna, and responded to them. Now she's suddenly being identified as part of an "official" couple, with all the expectations that go with that, and it's making her think about whether she really wanted everything that she's gotten into. It'll be interesting to see where she ends up.
Closed Thread