AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black - Episode 08 Rating
Perfect 10 15 17.65%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 29.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 31.76%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 17.65%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.18%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.35%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-01, 13:16   Link #141
Equidistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
1. We have no direct info that Hei can see observation ghosts, but I can't see how he found Suou in ep7 if he couldn't, especially since he told her to thank July. Hei was with Suou all that time, so he can't have told Hei. Could he somehow tell that July had obscured Ilya's vision with an observation ghost in the windshield?

2. I haven't heard of sake being a complete substitute for food, although beer can be. Sake has a higher alcohol content than beer, so you'd have to be very, very drunk to get enough food value, I think. I'm not sure what the staff is trying to tell us with this shift from sake to food: just cleaning up his act, or getting his powers back?
I believe Mao asked Hei how he found them and Hei said he called someone(?), I don't really remember that well but there was some explanation. As for telling Suou to thank July I'd say he did notice that July obscured Ilya's vision. The alcohol thing is just an assumption of mine considering that Hei began eating again right after he stopped drinking, but rather than it being due to the alcohol itself Hei is just finally returning to his old self.
Old 2009-12-01, 16:52   Link #142
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantQuiteGuess View Post
I believe Mao asked Hei how he found them and Hei said he called someone(?), I don't really remember that well but there was some explanation. As for telling Suou to thank July I'd say he did notice that July obscured Ilya's vision. The alcohol thing is just an assumption of mine considering that Hei began eating again right after he stopped drinking, but rather than it being due to the alcohol itself Hei is just finally returning to his old self.
Or reviewing the episode is a good thing. The only thing that Hei said in response to Mao's questioning of how he found them was...

If you want to thank someone, thank July. (ep. 7 21:41)

And that answer was said and directed at Suou.

So unless you want to say that he was only lucky, there's only one other way....July directed him there using his observational ghost like he did Suou to his location.

---

Hei was depressed and was drinking. When he snapped out of his funk, he started eating and his abilities are starting to come back. I'm betting that his mental state had more to do with his loss of abilities than the weapon that was used on him.
Old 2009-12-01, 17:06   Link #143
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Or reviewing the episode is a good thing. The only thing that Hei said in response to Mao's questioning of how he found them was...

And that answer was said and directed at Suou.
But Mao said:
"How did you find this place?"
"Did you contact the informant?"
"Isn't that a bad idea, considering your situation?"

Hei probably contacted Oreille for the information about their location and said to Suou to thank July because he discovered (I can't find the right word right now :S) that July was the one that gave Hei the change to finish Ilya off.

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2009-12-01 at 19:31.
Old 2009-12-01, 18:09   Link #144
Solafighter
Hige

"That was...."

Amber?!
(Not sure, though)

KIKO IS BACK! YEES! She is brilliant.
Old 2009-12-01, 19:07   Link #145
Aryu
Rest... yet not

Yes that was Amber, only know contractor who has saw the future
Quote:
As for this, July distracted Ilya attention from Hei. So Hei could finish Ilya.
Don't really know how he found them, maybe he really contacted with informant.
Old 2009-12-01, 19:19   Link #146
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
But Mao said:
"How did you find this place?"
"Did you contact the informant?"
"Is't that a bad idea, considering your situation?"

Hei probably contacted Oreille for the information about their location and said to Suou to thank July because he discovered (I can't find the right word right now :S) that July was the one that gave Hei the change to finish Ilya off.
Yeah, I also think Hei contacted the informant for July's location after he was kidnapped. Suou was the one who told Hei that July was indeed calling for help.

I also said in the other thread about Hei saying "If you want to thank someone, thank July" that it was a bit confusing. He was probably referring to something else and not about how he helped him kill the contractor.
Old 2009-12-01, 22:50   Link #147
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
...I'm betting that his mental state had more to do with his loss of abilities than the weapon that was used on him.
Perhaps this ties in with Yin being able to cause contractors to kill themselves: maybe she makes them feel really, really depressed, and that was the effect of the weapon used on Hei, making him feel too much pain to summon his powers. Not that he wasn't already depressed by having lost Yin. I think something about Suou is helping him out of his funk, along with the possibility of finally seeing/dealing with Yin.

But I think chaos_alfa must be right that Hei contacted Madame Oreille to find Suou in the car with Ilya. I think the word he used was 情報源 jouhougen, "information source." Madame Oreille was said to have three times as many ears as others, and I think the four ears of those twin dolls must be pretty effective.

The most powerful people here seem to be Oreille and the twins, and Shion. And Yin and her captors, I suppose.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-12-02, 14:15   Link #148
Joe_fh

I wonder who actually controls Yin. We haven't heard much about the SYndicate in the second season. They should probably connect the events using "him" at some point.

Spoiler for Season 1:

Of coures they could always be refuring to Shion since we have no idea what his power is.

And about how Hei found Suou in the 7th episode I agree with chaos_alfa or at least that seemed like the most obvious thing to have happened. Right now Hei should be "normal" thus not able to sense them at all. Then again at that time he wasn't working for Oreille anymore so he migh have just contacted a random informant. He should know people considering his background.
Old 2009-12-03, 01:25   Link #149
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Well, we have my most predominant thought about this episode:

Ding Dong the bitch is dead!

but other thoughts... well, Misaki in swimsuit= WIN!!! and we have Hei slowly turning back into the semblance of the Black Reaper... and dammit, Suou's father and brother really are something along the lines of jackasses. Something tell me neither of them is going to make it out of this series alive... (then again, I'm sorta getting the same vibes about Suou...)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2009-12-03, 06:17   Link #150
hei

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
In the S1 when he lost his sister, he had someone to blame, Amber. He was adamant in punishing her and finding out what truly happened. The depression from the loss of his sister is transformed into an anger for Amber and hope to find the truth (which would lead to his sister).

Given that we're not sure exactly what happened before S2 since the OADs aren't out yet, it is safe to assume that's largely about the lost of Yin. Although Yin is largely implied as Hei's lover, we can certainly see some parallel between her and Xing/Pai. If Yin disappears from Hei's life, it's as if he loses the same person twice. When a person is faced with the same mistake twice, they start to relate the source of the problems to themselves. It's not longer Amber's fault, maybe it's my own fault? Maybe I'm the one that's causing all of them to suffer. That's a typical train of thought when someone get's depressed. It's possible that that's what led Hei down the path of hobo.

But of course, in truth, we're not sure yet. We'll just have to cross our fingers and hope they'll explain it properly. I don't think so though :P, given the time we have left I'm looking at a super rushed ending.
Yes, I think that your story is probably the most plausible one. However, I still think the extent of the change of Hei's character is too great to be left unexplained until the very end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
Wasn't it already confirmed in S1 that contractors who have lost their original body (Bai/Pai in Hei's case, as his powers came from her -- or more like, she's his power, in a more abstract way) no longer need to pay for their contract? For example: Mao and the body-swapping contractor.
In that case, Pai/Xing does not have to pay anymore, but we don't know about Hei's case. Furthermore, Pai left at the end of S1 and Hei still used the power, which means the power became Hei's own. In this regard, can we say that Hei became a full-time contractor at the end of S1, who now have to pay remuneration? I wouldn't be surprised if Hei pays stupid remuneration in the ODA. Well... what is true is up to the director, anyway.
Old 2009-12-20, 17:39   Link #151
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

This second series is almost about to conclude, and I'm still three episodes behind.

Episode eight yields some interesting revelations about Izanami.
Spoiler:
Closed Thread