Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-08, 18:48   Link #221
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
I know what you're saying, but think of it this way: wouldn't it be impressive if a relative no name became Pirate King? Look at this exploits thus far. He's been a catalyst for world events without even trying. I'd like it better if he continued that path.
I just don't think its going to happen like this.

I think that all of the prisoners will see what he is like, and admire his greatness (for the caring for his nakama/brother). I agree with you on the level that Luffy will not intentionally try to get fame (he would never) but through his actions being observed by others, he will inevitably get fame no matter what.

example: enis lobby incident
-Luffy wa just trying to save his friend and just so happened to stand up to the world government and (technically) destroy enis lobby
-This was in the news papers--> he became more famous.
-Also, the people who know/knew him know the reason he did such a thing, (there was a huge flash around to everywhere he's been) and they all hold respect for him for it rather than thinking of him as a villain. But, the people who didn't know him probably just went something like "shit that guy must be crazy/ strong."

the difference is that here, everyone (the convicts, possibly marines, hell i don't know) will see the reasons for his actions and the spirit he puts into things for his beliefs rather than "Strawhat pirates destroy enis lobby to save convicted fellon Nico Robin"

He will gain respect and good infamy rather than bad infamy from A LOT MORE PEOPLE so, he will be one step closer to being the pirate king.

Plus, if he does what I say, and free's people, this will be boosted even more.
Old 2008-12-08, 18:59   Link #222
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bari_Phillis View Post
He will gain respect and good infamy rather than bad infamy from A LOT MORE PEOPLE so, he will be one step closer to being the pirate king.

Plus, if he does what I say, and free's people, this will be boosted even more.
My one trepidation concerning your idea is that a great many of these prisoners could, conceivably, deserve to be in this prison (maybe not this vicious prison, but at least something like it). Specifically, some if not most of the pirates in the One Piece world are fairly vicious and bloodthirsty, often killing people (innocent or not) for no real reason. Those type of people should not be allowed to escape, even if it would boost Luffy's status amongst the pirate world.

Unless Luffy can somehow give a Naruto-style speech that will convince all the pirates to be "good", I really do not want any of them to be released, or if they are, I just want them to be cannon fodder for Luffy's escape.
Old 2008-12-08, 19:19   Link #223
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
My one trepidation concerning your idea is that a great many of these prisoners could, conceivably, deserve to be in this prison (maybe not this vicious prison, but at least something like it). Specifically, some if not most of the pirates in the One Piece world are fairly vicious and bloodthirsty, often killing people (innocent or not) for no real reason. Those type of people should not be allowed to escape, even if it would boost Luffy's status amongst the pirate world.

Unless Luffy can somehow give a Naruto-style speech that will convince all the pirates to be "good", I really do not want any of them to be released, or if they are, I just want them to be cannon fodder for Luffy's escape.
well of course. but when you think of all of the other supernovas who got captured by the yellow monkey did you all of a sudden think of whether or not they deserved to be in jail? I didn't. for all we know they were horrible people!

So I guess what I am trying to say is that there are no ramifications for choosing any individual's to get out of the prison and he definatly won't give a naruto speech (god we've had enough of those in that series) but there is a high chance that he will free all of the villains just because they are pirates who have dreams just like him.

I think that luffy will become kind of a (insert name for guy who freed all the slaves) guy for the pirates in jail and thus gain their respect and be closer to achieving title of pirate lord.

(He already has the empress BTW)
Old 2008-12-08, 20:20   Link #224
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrokinetic View Post
however i find alvida to be rather hotter than hancock ...
Anybody else find this awkward?
A cartoon character....hot?
Old 2008-12-08, 23:42   Link #225
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrokinetic View Post
however i find alvida to be rather hotter than hancock
Nahh.

Hancock>Alvida. :P
Old 2008-12-09, 02:34   Link #226
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Rinji
Nope, I gotta disagree...

Hancock<Alvida

But anyway, off the topic of the Queen of the Sea. Who thinks this could be the final show down between Blackbeard and Luffy?
Old 2008-12-09, 09:36   Link #227
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

So who was the minotaur guy at the Impel Down? I guess the World Government has some dark secrets they keep hidden within that gaol?
Old 2008-12-09, 13:31   Link #228
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohei View Post
So who was the minotaur guy at the Impel Down? I guess the World Government has some dark secrets they keep hidden within that gaol?
Well, that's pretty obvious.
I want to know more about that, too.
Old 2008-12-09, 13:51   Link #229
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinji View Post
Nope, I gotta disagree...

Hancock<Alvida
bleh...I never liked curly hair, so Alvida is out for me...

Quote:
But anyway, off the topic of the Queen of the Sea. Who thinks this could be the final show down between Blackbeard and Luffy?
Nope. The Blackbeard v Luffy fight is way, way off. Right now Luffy couldn't hope of defeating Blackbeard. About the only persons that Luffy could hope to defeat in this upcoming arc are the various Vice-Admirals and Pacifistas, Moria, and possibly Sentomaru. Kuma is a long shot but still a possibility and depending on his abilities Jinbei cannot be ruled out (though both Shichibukai are extreme long shots). But, I see no way that Luffy could defeat someone like Blackbeard or DoFlamingo, let alone the three Admirals.
Old 2008-12-09, 13:56   Link #230
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
bleh...I never liked curly hair, so Alvida is out for me...
But Alvida's body is much nicer...

Quote:
Nope. The Blackbeard v Luffy fight is way, way off. Right now Luffy couldn't hope of defeating Blackbeard. About the only persons that Luffy could hope to defeat in this upcoming arc are the various Vice-Admirals and Pacifistas, Moria, and possibly Sentomaru. Kuma is a long shot but still a possibility and depending on his abilities Jinbei cannot be ruled out (though both Shichibukai are extreme long shots). But, I see no way that Luffy could defeat someone like Blackbeard or DoFlamingo, let alone the three Admirals.
I'd like to see Luffy try to take on the Admirals, though... Maybe even some of the remaining Shichibukai? I could totally see Kuma fighting alongside him this time. Or maybe He'll act as a plot device for getting him back to his nakama?
Old 2008-12-09, 15:28   Link #231
noktown

Quote:
But Alvida's body is much nicer...
Huh there is difference in their bodies ?o_O
I think you can't really tell in one Piece who's got a better body,all of them are hot ;d
Old 2008-12-09, 15:35   Link #232
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
Huh there is difference in their bodies ?o_O
I think you can't really tell in one Piece who's got a better body,all of them are hot ;d
I guess you're right, but Alvida is a lot less conservative in her clothing styles....
Old 2008-12-09, 15:50   Link #233
marvelB

Dunno if anyone's mentioned it yet, but it has been confirmed that there's no new chapter this week. But on the plus side, we'll get a color spread with next week's chapter, so it's all good.

Anyway, as much as I'm looking forward to seeing Buggy in action, I also have to admit I'm quite interested in Luffy meeting Crocodile again, as well. Why did he and Daz refuse to escape with their fellow BW colleagues when they had the chance to during the Goldenweek ministory? Why did he seem so..... relaxed when he was about to be sent to Impel Down? I have the feeling that ol' Croc is up to something.....
Old 2008-12-09, 16:26   Link #234
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Rinji
I said this before. I think Crocodile will actually show RESPECT to Luffy. I mean he did beat him fair and square in a fight. But then again there's always the chance he is scornful and hateful toward him, but you never know.
Old 2008-12-09, 17:43   Link #235
Cinocard

Crocodile is mature. As far as we can see, he's isn't the psycho type that need a role model to wake him up. I daresay he lost because he underestimated Luffy too much. If he show respect to Luffy because he's strong, it stills has little meaning, as there's tons more stronger than Luffy out there.

But i can see Luffy making a mess in Impel Down. And if Crocodile meets him, why not help him?

Quote:
I guess you're right, but Alvida is a lot less conservative in her clothing styles....
Less conservative does not mean sexier, period

Also Hancock has longer legs, and a sexy mark on the back. Not to mention the trauma of Alvida past appearance

P/s: this seems rather late but i want to ask: what was the effect of the "pistol kiss" Hancock hit Luffy with?

Last edited by Cinocard; 2008-12-09 at 17:54.
Old 2008-12-09, 17:58   Link #236
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
P/s: this seems rather late but i want to ask: what was the effect of the "pistol kiss" Hancock hit Luffy with?
Just a Haki blast, like a one-fingered Kamehameha.

I'm pretty sure it did pierce him though.

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"We were all meant to shine as children do.

"It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
Old 2008-12-09, 18:07   Link #237
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
I said this before. I think Crocodile will actually show RESPECT to Luffy. I mean he did beat him fair and square in a fight. But then again there's always the chance he is scornful and hateful toward him, but you never know.
Hmm, I'd like to see those two work together for a little bit...
Better yet, a certain... someone comes down to cause his own brand of Havoc...
Back from the limitless earth.....
Old 2008-12-09, 18:08   Link #238
Cinocard

That simple? Since it materialized, i thought it would be a DF effect. Now that you say it, it did pierce through him.
Old 2008-12-09, 18:11   Link #239
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Actually I always thought it was her DF ability to fire the Pistol Kiss.

Its as abstract as her ability to petrify with attraction. She's firing a kiss.

All these falls under 'attraction mechanics', if there's such a thing lol and is under her Mero Mero powers.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2008-12-09, 18:35   Link #240
marvelB

I'm inclined to think that Hancock's Pistol Kiss was a Haki-related attack myself, but like C.A. said, it's probably another form of her Mero Mero powers. Of course, there's also the chance that it's a combination of Haki and her DF power, as well....

And back to Crocodile, I don't really see him bearing a grudge against Luffy either. Like I mentioned before, he seemed quite relaxed before being sent to the most infamous prison in the world. Perhaps he has a backup plan to attain an Ancient Weapon stored away somewhere just in case his scheme at Alabasta was foiled, and it may have something to do with Impel Down? He's certainly a clever enough pirate to pull something like that off.....
Closed Thread