Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-11-21, 10:06   Link #6481
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I have a question. what is the name of the test/analyse method which you take the biggest item out of the group to see whether other items significant amongst themselves?

Like let's say 20 studied groups spent 1,000,000$ for gambling each year. But Group A with highest spent already used 800,000$ a year for gambling. So while Group B spent only 50,000$, 5% of the total and right at average amongst 20 groups; they actually spent as much as 25% out of the remaining 19 groups(after take out A).

I want to say: "Based on XYZ testing method and take out the largest item (group A), group B showed a real significant contribution to gambling problem in the community". Something like that. It really sounds like sensitive test, but i'm not sure if it is one
^ It's been a while since I've done any intensive statistics courses or analyses .. (Finance is mainly adding and subtracting after all .. ) but from what I recall, what you're thinking of is "sample skew" which is addressed here:

http://www.itl.nist.gov/div898/handb...on3/eda35b.htm

What you're proposing seems straightforward, but please do understand that in statistics, if your sample above is done through proper sampling methods.. you can't and shouldn't just manipulate your sample that way. What you should do is determine whether you should transform your dataset or perform analysis more appropriate for the sample distribution.. Please feel free to tell me that I'm wrong

EDIT: Also wanted to point out that you should also do an analysis for skewness and kortosis as they're valuable information about your sample/data set. Also keep in mind that there are often reasons why samples are skewed, which is why I would hesitate to manipulate the samples in this regard.

Reply hazy, ask again later

Last edited by willx; 2012-11-21 at 14:16.
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 13:49   Link #6482
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I have a question. what is the name of the test/analyse method which you take the biggest item out of the group to see whether other items significant amongst themselves?

Like let's say 20 studied groups spent 1,000,000$ for gambling each year. But Group A with highest spent already used 800,000$ a year for gambling. So while Group B spent only 50,000$, 5% of the total and right at average amongst 20 groups; they actually spent as much as 25% out of the remaining 19 groups(after take out A).

I want to say: "Based on XYZ testing method and take out the largest item (group A), group B showed a real significant contribution to gambling problem in the community". Something like that. It really sounds like sensitive test, but i'm not sure if it is one

Mhmm... I think you might have the problem backward. I haven't done any specific statistical analysis like the one you're saying, though I can't be sure. Like willx said, you shouldn't tamper with you're data. Besides, if you remove the A group and continue the analysis, the method of analysis will, in fact, HAS to be the same for consistency with the one you used with the whole group. However, you can identify whether a data point is fit to be removed : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outlier

Just use one of the tests there to see if you're data point is an outlier and then continue on with the same analysis.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 14:12   Link #6483
Zakoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossNoval View Post
i want to ask, is there anyone here from france?
and if it's not bothering you guys, i also want to know what is the news site (like bbc, nytimes) that comes in french

i've studying french recently, and because i also want to improve my skill of language, i want to force myself to learning french by browsing tee hee

regards, au revoir. pardon for crappy english
Hello, you can try Le monde for general news, politically it's center/left but more or less accepted as the most objective newspaper/french website.

Figaro being his right side opposite, they have some ... correct economical analysis.

I found this https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Xc&hl=fr#gid=0

Ranking of news website, numbers are better than my opinion.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 03:49   Link #6484
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Anyone seen any anime merchandises go on sale for Black Friday? I am still thinking of grabbing an anime t-shirt but I am not sure where to go for both quality and lower price. Or maybe I should just stop being a cheapskate and grab something nice.
Old 2012-11-23, 06:57   Link #6485
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izayoi View Post
Anyone seen any anime merchandises go on sale for Black Friday? I am still thinking of grabbing an anime t-shirt but I am not sure where to go for both quality and lower price. Or maybe I should just stop being a cheapskate and grab something nice.
Wait for Cyber Monday and check the online shopping stores. It is more likely to have discounts.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 09:21   Link #6486
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Anyone knows how to clean a plushie doll like this??
Can i throw it into washing macine??
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 09:35   Link #6487
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Wash in lukewarm water.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-11-23, 14:31   Link #6488
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
If it's just dust and lint, you can use a lint roller. They're normally sold for use on things like suits and dress clothes that can't be washed. If you've never used one before, it's basically a roll of lightly sticky tape that rotates on a handle. Once you've "saturated" the roll, you just peel it off to reveal the next clean strand. (So, since this is a small doll, you might even be able to get away with just using tape, as long as it isn't too sticky.)
Old 2012-11-23, 17:57   Link #6489
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Wash in lukewarm water.
Hmm, do you mean that i drowned it in a bucket of lukewarm water or just using a small towel to wash its surface?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
If it's just dust and lint, you can use a lint roller. They're normally sold for use on things like suits and dress clothes that can't be washed. If you've never used one before, it's basically a roll of lightly sticky tape that rotates on a handle. Once you've "saturated" the roll, you just peel it off to reveal the next clean strand. (So, since this is a small doll, you might even be able to get away with just using tape, as long as it isn't too sticky.)
A tape huh?
Thanks will try later...
But some parts will be difficult to cleaned using this way...
Old 2012-11-24, 01:46   Link #6490
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Hmm, do you mean that i drowned it in a bucket of lukewarm water or just using a small towel to wash its surface?
Drown and dry.

Old 2012-11-24, 15:29   Link #6491
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Handwash in lukewarm with Woolite (protects the colors, etc) and yeah, dunk it. Getting dry is the hard part. Forced warm air drying is better to get the innards dry. (hair dryer, room heater with fan ... the best is an old-style hair drying helmet but they're about impossible to find now)

edit: I was wrong, apparently they're still on the market: http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/l...FQmCQgodX3sAyA
Old 2012-11-24, 17:24   Link #6492
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Handwash in lukewarm with Woolite (protects the colors, etc) and yeah, dunk it. Getting dry is the hard part. Forced warm air drying is better to get the innards dry. (hair dryer, room heater with fan ... the best is an old-style hair drying helmet but they're about impossible to find now)

edit: I was wrong, apparently they're still on the market: http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/l...FQmCQgodX3sAyA
Wrap thick blankets around a leaf blower and blast-dry the thing inside a colander?

Old 2012-11-24, 21:52   Link #6493
Azuma Denton
~AD~

So drowned her in lukewarm water...
Then hair-dry her??

Ok then, thanks for the advice, Vexx and Saintess...

Now, whom should i steal a hairdryer from??
Old 2012-11-25, 01:41   Link #6494
U. N. Owen
Realistic Idealist

*throws hairdryer to Azuma*

Say, hypothetically, someone's emotional development stopped early in their life, and they are gradually noticing things coming up that they themselves are incapable of dealing with. How could they regain their grip on reality, and make up for the past 9 or so years?
U. N. Owen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 03:32   Link #6495
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Now, whom should i steal a hairdryer from??
Dry her with a electric fan instead...

Or the back of the TV cause sunlight will ruin the color....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 18:27   Link #6496
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

where is list of AnimeSuki Site Staff/Mod?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 18:49   Link #6497
Violet Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
where is list of AnimeSuki Site Staff/Mod?
This is it... right? http://forums.animesuki.com/showgroups.php
Violet Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 18:57   Link #6498
Krytonis
Koomi-kun~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Rabbit View Post
That is indeed correct.
Old 2012-11-26, 19:05   Link #6499
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
thank you very much

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 17:47   Link #6500
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Didn't realise our team was based in Europe.

And new question:
I am looking for the name of a woman hairstyle (often see in Japanese medieval~ish anime/movie). Long straight hair and tied up (with a ribbon) near the end. An example is Marii in Joshiraku(Google image)

And do anyone actually still wear it nowadays (in Japan)?

Tags
problem, q&a, serious