Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-03, 09:25   Link #21
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
He doesn't really strike me as top tier material.
To be fair, he has a 200 million bounty plus he's been in the new world for several years without having a DF ability, so he shouldn't be that weak.
Old 2013-04-03, 09:32   Link #22
shalala

You know the coloured picture who is the person on the top right. Just above the keyboard teeth super nova?
Old 2013-04-03, 09:37   Link #23
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Cavendish was arrogant and self-absorbed, but also fabulous. I'm interested in seeing his fighting technique.~
I love how he first bites a rose petal in narcissistic fashion...
then in the next panel he throws the whole rose in his mouth and MUNCH on it.

I wanna see more of this fella.
Old 2013-04-03, 09:55   Link #24
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

anyone else noticed that they kept mentioning the legendary gladiator warrior who only took one hit, Kyros? noticed how it keeps pointing out that luffy likes the statue n ended up looking like it?

it might be Gol Roger or the blind man we saw earlier that was Kyros... he disappeared 20 years ago...

n btw, luffy reminds me of Gan Fall in his gladiator costume lol

Last edited by khoa1708; 2013-04-03 at 10:11.
Old 2013-04-03, 10:07   Link #25
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
You know the coloured picture who is the person on the top right. Just above the keyboard teeth super nova?
Likely Big Mom.

For some reason I had the feeling there is a poneglyph inside the square part of the bronze statue.

What a chapter.. Many new characters. Reminded me of the intros for the captains of Whitebeards extended allies during marineford battle. Perhaps they will all fight against Doflamingo and Kaidou later in the arc.
Old 2013-04-03, 10:22   Link #26
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Calling it now, Bellamy gets one-shotted by Lucy and Rebecca for new Nakama!!!
Old 2013-04-03, 10:30   Link #27
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaieni View Post
Rebecca for new straw hat member?
this has to be true!
meant to be!
Old 2013-04-03, 10:33   Link #28
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I love how he first bites a rose petal in narcissistic fashion...
then in the next panel he throws the whole rose in his mouth and MUNCH on it.

I wanna see more of this fella.
for some reason he reminds me of an overly vain bishonen character from a shojo series.

leave it to oda to name a bishie character after a kind of banana! lol
Old 2013-04-03, 10:38   Link #29
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Rebecca eats the fruit and joins the crew? I'm actually cool with that...

But likely she'll just be an ally that will help them in this arc/saga and then stay behind like Vivi and Shirahoshi and so many others...which is sad, the crew needs more awesome female members...HELL IT NEEDS MORE FEMALE MEMBERS!!!

REBECCA FOR NAKAMA!
Old 2013-04-03, 10:52   Link #30
mrShady

Great new chapter. This arc has a higher pace then I anticipated. Great backstory for the Colosseum as well, this is gonna be a sweet ride.

btw: Do you guys think Luffy is strong enough to take on Burgess?
Old 2013-04-03, 10:56   Link #31
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Rebecca eats the fruit and joins the crew? I'm actually cool with that...

But likely she'll just be an ally that will help them in this arc/saga and then stay behind like Vivi and Shirahoshi and so many others...which is sad, the crew needs more awesome female members...HELL IT NEEDS MORE FEMALE MEMBERS!!!

REBECCA FOR NAKAMA!
I would like it if she was as strong as Zoro and Sanji. Still I can't help but feel she has a connection to Kyros. See how she seemed annoyed by them guys that was bad mouthing him on page 18. I also want to see what was written in the plate.
Old 2013-04-03, 10:58   Link #32
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

If you mix Rebecca with Robin and Nami, they are different in personalities. Good match, Namai is the usually emotional (i.e quick outbursts of angry and fear), and Robin usually calm and calculating. Rebecca is well like the middle sister, Nami being the little and Robin being the oldest. Rebecca is brave and has a goal. Unlike Vivi or Shiarahoshi being Princesses of their countries, Rebecca is not (well we haven't got much into her yet we will see in the future) a Princess so I think she has a good chance of joining the Straw Hats. She has history maybe bad, which is a common thing for the girls in the Straw Hat Crew and she can hold her on as well.
Old 2013-04-03, 11:35   Link #33
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
for some reason he reminds me of an overly vain bishonen character from a shojo series.

leave it to oda to name a bishie character after a kind of banana! lol
Bananas?
Cavendish is actually named after a real-life pirate, Thomas Cavendish.
Old 2013-04-03, 11:42   Link #34
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaieni View Post
Rebecca for new straw hat member?
you beat me...
Rebecca for new straw hat member... one vote from me!

and Burgess finally appeared...
please don't let him win because I don't want to see a Mera-mera fruit user in BB pirates... they already have a Gura-Gura user!
if Burgess somehow stole or win the fruit, then BB pirates will be officially become the last boss in OP
Old 2013-04-03, 12:12   Link #35
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Last chapter we saw Luffy enter Doflamingo's tournament in order to win his brother's devil fruit. What challenges await him there? Let's find out! Credit goes to Aohige and the rest of the gang from AP for the summary:

-Chapter title is "Lucy and the statue of Cyrus". The cover ministory involves Iron Boy Scotch (the cyborg servant of Kaidou's who X Drake met before the skip) attacking the rebels while Caribou watches the scene in fear.
Looks like Caribou is revealed to be a fraud sooner than expected.

Quote:
-All of the warriors are shocked to see "Lucy" take down the Spartan. One of the arena guards is ready to kick him out of the place for causing a scene, but interestingly, three warriors come to the supernova's defense: The "Chinjao Brothers". Meanwhile, we're introduced to several more fighters, such as a king and his strategist who want the mera mera fruit for their army, an assassin duo, and a former bounty hunter. Another notable participant is a face we're familiar with: Bellamy the Dach Hyena, who now has a bounty of over 100 million! Other warriors who are mentioned (but now shown yet) is a pirate noble named "Cavendish" and another supernova rookie named "Balto Romeo".....
Bellamy being alive is quite a surprise. With Balto Romero as a supernova rookie, the total now comes to 14.

Quote:
-The first round is revealed to be a battle royal, in which 550 warriors will fight, but only FOUR will come out on top. Luffy is placed in block C, and is taken to the armory to prepare for his match. It's at this time that we're introduced to the aforementioned pirate called Cavendish, a handsome man with a 280 million bounty and is quite popular with the ladies. Interestingly, he doesn't have a DF ability, but is interested in gaining the mera mera power. He meets Luffy, who almost spills the beans on his real identity. It turns out that Cavendish has a grudge against the Straw-Hat crew because he's jealous of their fame, but Luffy ignores his story. Instead, he comes across the statue of a warrior named Kyros.....
I wonder if Sanji would have a rivalry with Cavendish.

Quote:
-A female gladiator named Rebecca tells Luffy that Kyros was a mythical warrior who won 3,000 battles, and only suffered a single sword wound during his reign. But interestingly, despite his reputation, there's no concrete proof that he ever existed. Afterwards, Rebecca tells Luffy that she wants to win the mera mera fruit so that she can take down Doflamingo, implying that she has a grudge against him.....
I got no comment on this one.

Quote:
-Finally, a warrior called "Mr. Store" has conquered the A-block. He then takes off his mask and reveals his true identity: The captain of the first division of the Blackbeard Pirates..... JESUS BURGESS!!!!
That is epic indeed.

Last edited by Rainbowman; 2013-04-03 at 12:24. Reason: Correction
Old 2013-04-03, 12:14   Link #36
orangejuicetang

You know, I'm actually wondering if Blackbeard is specifically targetting the Mera-Mera fruit, if it's just that Burgess just happened to be in the area, heard about the tournament, and thought 'Yeah, I want that.' Guess it would depend on how much independent freedom Blackbeard allows his ship captains.

As for Burgess, I kind of think his role in this arc will be to reveal Luffy's true identity when they face-off eventually in the next round or so, since he's probably the only fighter there who's met Luffy before face-to-face (well, Bellamy too, but I'm pretty sure he's going to be knocked out). I can see Burgess saying something like 'Yo Strawhat Luffy, it's been around 2 years? Going after your brother's fruit too?' or something like that- and then the crowd going that group surprise/shock expression.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2013-04-03, 12:14   Link #37
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Bellamy being alive is quite a surprise. With Balto Romero as a supernova rookie, the total now comes to 14.
I wouldn't bother counting them, there's some every year.
The 11 that were introduced to us just happened to be that year's, basically Luffy's peers.
In other words, there should be dozens, if not hundreds, around. Hell some of the big boys are probably a supernova at least at some point.

Quote:
I wonder what Devil Fruit this Cavendish has.
He doesn't. He says so right in the chapter itself.

Unless that's another one of the panda fails...
I just skimmed through Panda translations after someone pointed out something to me, good lord it's full of mistranslations and mistakes.
Old 2013-04-03, 12:21   Link #38
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
I suppose Jesus is trying to win the mera mera fruit for Blackbeard. It would make for a dramatically very impactful scene if BB were to destroy Luffy with Ace's power towards the end of the manga. At least until Luffy can turn it around, obviously. I'm not sure if I want to say that's how it's going to be, though. Luffy or the strawhats may stop BB from obtaining the fruit, which would rise the tension between those two. Of course they know each other, but at this point, Blackbeard probably doesn't even consider Luffy a threat or even a hindrance in any way. This could be Luffy's first opportunity to get Blackbeard's attention as an enemy, instead of just another passionate pirate, like it's been so far.
Old 2013-04-03, 12:23   Link #39
Spammowarrior

the really important stuff from this chapter imho is that luffy is going to face off with a top tier opponent (i'm guessing in the same range as marco/vista).
I somehow don't see him losing though, that would be pointless.
Old 2013-04-03, 12:41   Link #40
Raihen
Ancient Red Dragon

It's me or this Tactician Guy Dagama from pages 7-10(?) reminds Eggman from Sonic ? At least his moustache
Closed Thread