AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-08, 22:20   Link #1461
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
When I get home, I'm going to have to post that screenshot of my and Kimidori's smoking and knocked out Crusaders at the hill in Malinovka. It was terribly ironic, given how you'd expect the heavier tanks to hold the hill, yet apparently only our units were there for a good two minutes trying to hold back the enemy.
Old 2013-01-08, 22:24   Link #1462
Gravitas Free Zone

Still not signing up for Facebook.

I'm still a fan of the default gun on the Cruiser IV over the other 40mm options, for sustained rate of fire and accuracy.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 22:35   Link #1463
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
When I get home, I'm going to have to post that screenshot of my and Kimidori's smoking and knocked out Crusaders at the hill in Malinovka. It was terribly ironic, given how you'd expect the heavier tanks to hold the hill, yet apparently only our units were there for a good two minutes trying to hold back the enemy.
Actually, it really depends. Slower tanks, even given time, might not be best up on that hill. You can get shot trying to get up, or get shot trying to get down. So in some cases its better to let the faster tanks take and hold the hill, and do a simultaneous push from both the hill and the town at the base of the hill. For example, I'd never expect a KV-1 to take and hold the hill, because he's useless getting up there (slow), useless getting down (bad vision, bad speed), and useless sniping from that position (bad accuracy).
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 22:51   Link #1464
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

The thing is, actually holding the hill needs more than a pair of light tanks. Even Kimidori, probably the best UK tank user I've platooned with, could only hold them for a minute before going down.
Old 2013-01-08, 22:51   Link #1465
Gravitas Free Zone

Another thing about that hill: People stopping their hill push to shoot at people in the town at the base of the hill or on the opposite side. If you're trying to get up the hill, don't stop, let people further back do the shooting.
Old 2013-01-08, 23:08   Link #1466
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Well this sucks... Logitech gave all the codes out before I could get mine...

Sigh, I don't suppose I can get one from any non-NA players here with codes they can't use?

- Tak (Disappointed)

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 23:42   Link #1467
aly_angelflight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Well this sucks... Logitech gave all the codes out before I could get mine...
Same here...
aly_angelflight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 23:45   Link #1468
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Over the last mont i crossed tracks with a lot of people from MuP on some matches... of course i was with my main account on those moments.
I remember some matches when I saw kimidori grinding trough the crusader.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 01:27   Link #1469
Gravitas Free Zone

Managed to get the first skill completed on my PzIV/T-25 crew.

They have now:
CO: Recon
Gunner: Deadeye
Driver: Smooth Ride
Radio: Camo
Loader: Camo
(I usually ran the PzIV with a camo net and stayed in the second line)

Thinking of starting second with...
CO: ? Maybe Repair, which I've neglected.
Gunner: Snap Shot
Driver: Off-road driving
Radio: Situational Awareness
Loader: Repair
Old 2013-01-09, 02:09   Link #1470
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Those are good set of skills, but last time I checked, the IV & the T-25 do not have good enough camo as is... kind of underwhelming with camo skills

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 02:21   Link #1471
Marina2

I'm thinking to try SPG class, can someone recommend me a good nation to start???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Thinking of starting second with...
CO: ? Maybe Repair, which I've neglected.
Gunner: Snap Shot
Driver: Off-road driving
Radio: Situational Awareness
Loader: Repair
For commarder..

Since you said you like to stayed in the second line with camo, how about Six sense? It will be useful for sniping too.

OR since your gunner has dead eyes, you should train commarder with Eagle Eye. These two skills design to work together.

Repair and camo skill should be trained by all crew members for their full effect
Old 2013-01-09, 02:57   Link #1472
Gravitas Free Zone

I am disinclined to get perks for the second skill since it takes more XP to get to 100% to activate them. The PzIV commander was originally going to get Eagle Eye as the first perk but I changed that when it just did not seem to be all that useful versus other training.

My TD commanders are in line to get Sixth Sense as a first perk.

SPGs: I am considering the Wespe as my first, and free XPed all of the upgrades in advance, but do not have it yet.
Old 2013-01-09, 03:48   Link #1473
Blaat

According to WoT wiki if multiple people have the camo or repair skill the average of the two skill percentage is taken. So having multiple crew members with the camo seems rather useless.

As for perks/skill ideas the gunner skill Designated Target is supposedly decent for a sniper.
Old 2013-01-09, 04:46   Link #1474
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
According to WoT wiki if multiple people have the camo or repair skill the average of the two skill percentage is taken. So having multiple crew members with the camo seems rather useless.

As for perks/skill ideas the gunner skill Designated Target is supposedly decent for a sniper.
If you don't take repair/camo/firefighting for a crew member it counts as 0% for the purpose of averaging, I believe. (At least that' how it used to be).
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 04:59   Link #1475
Blaat

Wow you're right, that's so lame.
Old 2013-01-09, 05:53   Link #1476
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

And here's the infamous moment, when two Crusaders tried to guard the hill, and was never followed up on by our team for good measure. :P

Spoiler for Spoilered for Size:
Old 2013-01-09, 10:59   Link #1477
Gravitas Free Zone

Camouflage: There's an Excel spreadsheet linked on the wiki with user-tested baseline camo values as of 8.1. Keeping that in mind...

No data on the T-15. I suspect it would be close to the values of the 35/38/38nA, if there are any parallels to the Locust vs. M3 Stuart figure comparison.

The T-25 is significantly worse than the PzIV, especially when moving. The PzIV's stationary values are good enough that I think it justifies putting two crew on camo and using a net.

The T-25, since I didn't leave an open equipment slot for a camo net, should probably just hide in the back a bit, then dash in and out to shoot. Its view range penalty means that stationary sniping isn't going to do it very well (plus it's meant to drive fast anyway), and blundering around in the front line it is very obvious (and again, lack of view range unless I drive straight into enemy lines).

A camo net might help the Tiger and Panther. They don't help themselves very much. (Everybody takes a big camo hit when they fire, of course.)

The Maus has a hilariously low inherent camo value, just slightly above nothing at all.

The Pz S35 has a surprisingly high camo value, enough that I might consider putting the crew on camo instead of repair (as the tank has either taken a lot of non-penetrating hits and survived, or been totally cored out by a Tier V and died immediately). Might do well to use it as a defensive ambush tank.

The M4, Jumbo, and Easy Eight have comparable values... right between the PzIV and the T-25. I've been using a net on the M4, but didn't with the E8.

The A13 Cruisers (either flavor) don't hide very well at all. The Covenator and Crusader do.
Old 2013-01-09, 12:31   Link #1478
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

What is that mod showing the time capturing left?
Old 2013-01-09, 13:53   Link #1479
Gravitas Free Zone

Or this thread on camo with more translated tables.
Old 2013-01-09, 14:50   Link #1480
Sumeragi
Banned

Seems like all the training from sniping with the 10.5 cm howitzer has made me skilled at shooting targets 500 meters away with the L/70.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks