AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-13, 18:09   Link #161
sleepingleo

No, it was because it was HER the one calling him on the student council name, so, it was her the "challenger", lol

Anyone else is enjoying the "Kuroneko (alt)" character from this show. (Huge fan of OreImo).
sleepingleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 18:31   Link #162
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Perhaps he thought the green one was most worth it. And I agree.
When the option shows itself, you must always go for the stuck up girl with the ojou-sama voice. ALWAYS.

Anyway

Spoiler for The glorious bowel shaking adventures of teenage Rakan:
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 18:39   Link #163
lansglenn

Best male protagonist this season. He's my hero and role model for sure!

So inventive with his powers. Such magnificent and efficient use of skill.
Old 2012-07-13, 18:53   Link #164
ImperialFlameGod8190

u cant deny that he's probably one of the greatest pervs in history i mean what he did to the council chick was brilliant and makes him superior to issei of course
Spoiler for his most epic moment:
pretty much makes ryousuke look like a fool
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 19:48   Link #165
ZeKeR
Superbad

so...

Rakan + MC template + badassery level: high = magnificent bastard.

if that wanted board in 4chan is still in effect, he's gonna be top priority.

EDIT: yup, Rakan just jumped from Negima's artist to the LN author's mind.

Last edited by ZeKeR; 2012-07-13 at 20:10.
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 19:50   Link #166
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
i am really liking this no shame mc, but i want to know is there was 2 girls in the student council room why did he only do his ahem "special technique" on one of them
He seems to have a thing for royalty, nobility, high class ladies. From princesses to ouja-samas.
Old 2012-07-13, 20:25   Link #167
ReddyRedWolf

Looks like my replacement goldfish theory has merit. Akatsuki may have dead sister issues. Hence taking in Myuu as Miu.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 20:33   Link #168
asdffdsa

Anyone know why the pink haired chick almost killed MC in his sleep? (not going to even bother remembering names this season, too many shows)
asdffdsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 20:37   Link #169
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdffdsa View Post
Anyone know why the pink haired chick almost killed MC in his sleep? (not going to even bother remembering names this season, too many shows)
The Hero killed the Dark Overlord and peace reigned over the land... Just one thing he gives his daughter to the Hero to protect her from his enemies.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 21:09   Link #170
novalysis

I think Esthetica's big problem is it's reliance on cheap fanservice. Honestly speaking, the plot itself is adequate to carry it forward on it's own, and you could hardly condemn the protagonist as generic (Pervertic, yes. Hot Blooded, yes. A jerk? Yes).

At it's base, you have the conflict of being in a school of heroes, many of whom are very arrogantly full of themselves, some of which are likely rather broken individualsl. That itself is sufficiently strong to drive the plot forward,.

I personally interpreted that scene of the pink haired imouto planning on killing the MC as a hint that there's more to her than a moe blob. That we should be thankful she is a Moe-blob.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 21:18   Link #171
iceyfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
I think Esthetica's big problem is it's reliance on cheap fanservice. Honestly speaking, the plot itself is adequate to carry it forward on it's own, and you could hardly condemn the protagonist as generic (Pervertic, yes. Hot Blooded, yes. A jerk? Yes).

At it's base, you have the conflict of being in a school of heroes, many of whom are very arrogantly full of themselves, some of which are likely rather broken individualsl. That itself is sufficiently strong to drive the plot forward,.
agreed. it's a shame since the producers are just in it to make $$$ and they have the final say on how these adaptations go.

if they followed the format of what Gundam 00 and the legend of legendary heroes did by showing flashbacks before the OP of each episode, i'm sure it would be satisfying to the audience watching to leave them with more question marks about the MC's backstory during his time in the other world.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 21:51   Link #172
ImperialFlameGod8190

@novalysis
@iceyfw If you guys dont like the cheap fanservice simple deal DONT WATCH IT
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 22:09   Link #173
@GEMC

Damn I'm getting horny by akatsuki moves to the girls he even made the 3 girls _ _ _!! at the room and his stealing pantie skillllll!!! by the way I like moves of the brown haired girl to another girl and the next episode Akatsuki is going to make a serious actions!!!
@GEMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 22:11   Link #174
Ddraig

Damn I want that skill of his + the one in manga that give instant climax.
Ddraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 22:15   Link #175
novalysis

Yes, the fanservice does irritate me. But I think you've utterly missed the point of my statement. The use of gratuitous fanservice (I'm not talking about Lingerie stealing here) is an obvious sign that the producers think that they'd need to amp up on the tilliation factor to make this sell, and they lack the confidence that the plot is strong enough to carry the day.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 22:55   Link #176
Xacual

I'm confused by people being confused by Myuu going to Akatsuki room to kill him. In the episode we saw that her father apparently told her that if the person that defeats him is not a suitable companion for her that it was ok for her to kill them. Sounds like the Demon King planned on giving his daughter to whoever beat him and it wasn't just a coincidence he did so with Akatsuki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddraig View Post
Damn I want that skill of his + the one in manga that give instant climax.
Pretty sure it's the same skill, just used for different purposes. Also looking back it's probably what he did to that first maid when he nibbled on her ear. I think the more interesting point that we learned from that scene was that apparently he never mastered magic which would explain why his technique doesn't use the same kind of effect as everyone else's skills.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 00:38   Link #177
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceyfw View Post
if they followed the format of what Gundam 00 and the legend of legendary heroes did by showing flashbacks before the OP of each episode, i'm sure it would be satisfying to the audience watching to leave them with more question marks about the MC's backstory during his time in the other world.
And if those Gundam creators would stop making the same damn series every time, I'd actually see what people like in it.

Honestly, no backstory is going to make me like the MC. It's not going to change a single goddamn thing about him. And about the fan service, it's on the AT-X channel and produced by ARMS (and that's discounting what I saw of the manga). What did you think was going to happen?

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 01:32   Link #178
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

This is shaping up to be my favorite of the season. So tired of the gutless wonder leads in ecchi and harems, so I am really digging Akatsuki. I also like the slightly "thick" character designs of the girls (the bone thin girls of a lot of current anime do nothing for me). Kuzuha's design looked a little strange in some scenes though (head too small).
TurkeyPotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 02:16   Link #179
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I'm usually adverse to fanservice, but I don't mind how they use it here. For example, beginning fanservice with Myuu has not only develop her character (due to us now knowing her relationship with MC isn't all roses), but also tell us key information like what happened to MC's real sister. The student council thingy tells us MC has no plans to cooperate with them, while the pee scene not only has us seeing Myuu make friends, but also tell us MC ain't so bad after all.

Compare that to say, DakaraH where they pretty much added tentacle 'almost' rape just for the sake of adding it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdffdsa View Post
ONLY this season? I pretty much gave up remembering names over a decade ago.

As for why she 'almost' killed MC, well I would just hazard a guess that she isn't over her father's death as her usual demeanor tells us, and she still has beef with the MC ove rit. I actually liked the opening part, considering MC still is her father's murderer no matter how you put it, and I was wondering how well she got along with him in the first episode despite that fact.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 03:00   Link #180
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
the sec the lil girl walking towards him and speaking, i was already screaming KURONEKOOOOOOOOOO

Tags
action, ecchi, shounen