AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2024-02-27, 18:35   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 1109 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Let's do this thing! Credit goes to AP's Redon and co. for the info:

-Chapter title is "Termination". Splash is the beginning of a new cover mini story! Back at Wano, the isle of Onigashima is sinking down to the ocean, Titanic-style....

-In his broadcast, Vegapunk says everyone around the world has ten minutes to set up their equipment (such as video den den mushi) to record his message. We see people all over the world gathering to listen to his message, including familiar faces from Dressrosa, Water 7, Foosha village, Morgans' HQ, and the RA base at Kamabakka. Naturally, the elders are now desperate to find the source of Vegapunk's broadcast. Curiously, it seems they can communicate with each other telepathically....

-Meanwhile, back on Egghead, Luffy vs. Saturn and Kizaru continues! The admiral shoots beams from his eyes, but the rubber man dodges them with ease! As for Saturn, he still receives no damage from Luffy's attacks, which confuses the pirate. Eventually, he opts to literally flatten both his opponents like pancakes (with a new technique called Gomu Gomu no Dawn Cymbals), and flings them far away!

-However, Saturn is still unhurt despite being sent flying. His colleagues tell him that terminating Vegapunk's broadcast takes top priority now, so there's no other choice.... but to summon THE REST OF THE ELDERS to Egghead! And indeed, the chapter ends with more summoning circles appearing on the island....!!!!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2024-03-01 at 14:53.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-27, 18:42   Link #2
marvelB

So the rest of the elders are apparently getting involved now.... a rush job by Oda, or was this his intent all along? Either way, a practical mountain of crap has hit the fan, now!

Also, it figures we wouldn't get Vegapunk's message straight away. Guess we gotta wait until the arc's end (maybe even later) to get the details. Oh Oda, you tease!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-27, 19:32   Link #3
grecefar

that's bullshit!!! (╯‵□′)╯︵┻━┻
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-27, 20:58   Link #4
Gerard07

Given the spoilers, the new Wano mini-story will perhaps talk about Yamato's trip through the country (I bet she will become the new Daimyo of Kuri). Regarding Luffy, he seems to be dominating the fight but the fact that Saturn doesn't take damage reminds me a little of Makima from Chaiman Saw in the sense that all the damage she received was sent to someone else or something, and it wasn't I was expecting the rest of the Goroise to arrive at Egghead... summoned with magic circles? (I hope Oda explains that), and it's a shame that we will have to wait 2 weeks (or more) to find out what Vegapunk wanted to tell the world, but in Finally, wait for more spoilers!.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-28, 00:01   Link #5
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard07 View Post
Given the spoilers, the new Wano mini-story will perhaps talk about Yamato's trip through the country (I bet she will become the new Daimyo of Kuri). Regarding Luffy, he seems to be dominating the fight but the fact that Saturn doesn't take damage reminds me a little of Makima from Chaiman Saw in the sense that all the damage she received was sent to someone else or something, and it wasn't I was expecting the rest of the Goroise to arrive at Egghead... summoned with magic circles? (I hope Oda explains that), and it's a shame that we will have to wait 2 weeks (or more) to find out what Vegapunk wanted to tell the world, but in Finally, wait for more spoilers!.
Well... That could be like Hawkins but in a more advanced way.

Considering that Saturn likely ate a spider-based DF, there's a chance that he could cover himself with the threads for protection, such as a reference from Arachnid that Fuuji Alice used to nullify or minimize the damage whenever she's about to take fatal damage.

Gorosei's arrival could escalate things to worse. For Augur and Devon, it's a bountiful result for them.

As for the truth itself, I will enjoy what's in the store. Robin would be most likely surprised if I can predict it.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-28, 12:02   Link #6
Homura7

Transition arc, they said.

It will be quick, they said.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-28, 13:13   Link #7
The Small One

Before he did take damage and even lost an arm, so it looks like he changed something.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-29, 08:17   Link #8
Homura7

This has turned into a battle not about victory or survival, but about making sure that Vegapunk's transmission will be successfully broadcasted.

And that ain't gonna be easy, because now Luffy will face off all the Gorosei. We are truly in the endgame.
Old 2024-02-29, 08:57   Link #9
Rainbowman

Things are really getting serious when the rest of the Elder Stars get involved. The next chapter will certainly reveal what what kind of monstrosities each of them are.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-01, 10:17   Link #10
TURI123456

I wonder if Kizaru (Borsalino) has no other option except to follow the World Government orders. I mean he cries and it really doesn't seem like he loves or likes the things that happened here or wants to do them.
TURI123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-01, 15:10   Link #11
Gerard07

Having seen the chapter, Luffy was holding Saturn and Kizaru well (although the latter was clearly not motivated), Vegapunk programmed his message to be shown in 10 minutes (hopefully they don't cut it) and Saturn summoned the rest of Goroise, I honestly don't believe May Luffy be able to handle everyone alone, I hope he gets help from Sanji, Zoro, the Giants and the ancient robot, it's a shame that we have to wait 2 weeks for the next chapter but anyway, be patient.

Can you clarify something for me, did you show if Robin was able to read the poneglyph that was on Onigashima (the one that Law found before fighting the Yonkou) before that island sank?.
Old 2024-03-01, 18:15   Link #12
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I should have known better than to expect a big lore dump before a break. The entire "actually, we'll tell you in 10 minutes!" kinda pissed me, actually.

I bet Vegapunk will get to reveal quite a few things but nothing groundbreaking, and the broadcast will be interrupted right when he's about to reveal the name of the ancient kingdom.
Old 2024-03-01, 20:08   Link #13
grecefar

10 minutes = 10 chapters.

My suprise was that he did summoned all of the gorosei there, I thought he would try and fail. That's quite the problem.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-02, 00:14   Link #14
Jmariofan7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I should have known better than to expect a big lore dump before a break. The entire "actually, we'll tell you in 10 minutes!" kinda pissed me, actually.

I bet Vegapunk will get to reveal quite a few things but nothing groundbreaking, and the broadcast will be interrupted right when he's about to reveal the name of the ancient kingdom.
The 10 minutes thing was so that people could set up the visual snails and wake up from where it is night time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
So the rest of the elders are apparently getting involved now.... a rush job by Oda, or was this his intent all along? Either way, a practical mountain of crap has hit the fan, now!

Also, it figures we wouldn't get Vegapunk's message straight away. Guess we gotta wait until the arc's end (maybe even later) to get the details. Oh Oda, you tease!
Awfully quick to accuse him of rushing ain’t you? Pretty sure the end of the arc is where Uranus nukes the island after Vegapunk’s message manages to at least expose some things about the void century.
Jmariofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-02, 04:56   Link #15
Homura7

Uranus? Don't you mean the Mother Flame?

And yeah, such colossal magnitude development ain't something you do in a rush, much less when we're in the final saga.
Old 2024-03-02, 22:14   Link #16
Gerard07

Do you think it is possible for them to summon Imu (not necessarily in this arc) in the same way that Saturn summoned the rest of the Goroise?.
Old 2024-03-03, 19:58   Link #17
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I hate cliffhanger lmao

Now let's see what the elders can do in 9 minutes
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote