AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-21, 11:06   Link #261
Arya

Nice game, finally Kakeru is resolving some of his issues. And Araki is slowly loosing weight. The only thing that seems out of place is the Sugurayan transformation that it's starting to seem more a problem of schizophrenia than a, well, what was that again? Nana seemed a bit worried about that, like if he could lose himself at some point.
Anyways, more Nana plzz

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 16:03   Link #262
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Overall, I really liked Episode 16. The whole Suguru-like trace that he was in was kinda cool, but also a little annoying since Kakeru is his own man or at least should be. At least it motivated Araki to be serious about loosing weight so he could receive a pass like Kakeru sent him.

It was also nice to see some of Hino's backstory, and how him and Hyuno(I think that's the blonde guy's name) joined the FC and learned to love soccer again. The flashback with Uryu and his team was good too.

Tsujidou sure played intensely, and that was pretty good to see Iwaki devise a strategy that sealed the throw-in. Didn't know you could get a yellow card for "delay of game".

I really liked the resolution, and this was one of my favorite episodes. Hibino threw down his challenge to Kakeru, and I guess we'll have to wait for that to be resolved. Kakeru pulling off his "mythical feint" against the goalkeeper was pretty awesome.

Not sure if I am going like the next episode. Suguru's memories and some more abotu Leonardo Silva. I just don't like Kakeru having memories that he shouldn't be having because of the heart transplant. It's junk science and doesn't belong in the anime.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 17:38   Link #263
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Lol did Mine have a crush on Suguru? Nice to see SIlva and Suguru's past. Lol Seven's got paparazzi after her. Nice that Kakeru got past Silva using a bit of his own power and not all of Suguru's power. So the rivalry starts next week. Best part was Kakeru thinking Seven and Silva were together.
Old 2012-04-27, 23:31   Link #264
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Best part was Kakeru thinking Seven and Silva were together.
Lol, yeah poor guy, can't stop thinking everyone wants to NTR him .

Next episode looks pretty good. Mai Murasaki appears for the first time on the pitch. She thinks she can take Seven's position as offencive midfielder. Poor girl, she's in for a few surprises .

I bet Mai will become a forward instead, though. Basically the "knight" to Seven's "king".

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-05-05 at 05:59.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 12:41   Link #265
ookamigirl

The entered the top 16, but there is still a hard road ahead.
Kakeru took his time off to learn more from the doctor.
Silva vs Kakeru. Private one-on-one in the park was nice.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 19:52   Link #266
kitten320

For a second I though they had some weird alien mask fashion there.
Poor Kakeru, majority keeps seeing Suguru in him now. That must feel depressing.
Old 2012-04-29, 22:08   Link #267
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

That counselor isn't just an idiot anymore, she's downright scary. And the whole thing with Suguru living in Kakeru's body is more creepy than anything else.

Poor Kakeru - every time he does something good, somebody tells him it was really his dead brother. He deserves better than that, and Suguru should be allowed to rest in peace already.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 16:04   Link #268
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
That counselor isn't just an idiot anymore, she's downright scary. And the whole thing with Suguru living in Kakeru's body is more creepy than anything else.

Poor Kakeru - every time he does something good, somebody tells him it was really his dead brother. He deserves better than that, and Suguru should be allowed to rest in peace already.
I think Seven and Iwaki seem to be the only ones who want him to be the best Kakeru he can be, rather than another Suguru. Dr. Mine is my absolute least favorite character of this anime. Her unscientific nonsense about heart transplants is really really annoying, and it's creepy about her saying Suguru is alive. Well, the memory of Suguru lives within what Kakeru does, but he is Kakeru, and his destiny is to be that "knight" rather than the "king" that Suguru was, and Araki will likely become.

I still wonder if Iwaki was like Kakeru when Iwaki was younger, and Mine was somewhat like Seven in her role as the team manager.

I think I am going to love episode 18. Always a treat to watch Seven on the pitch playing "the beautiful game". And yeah, I think her rival is in for a surprise if she thinks she can best her at her role.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 17:22   Link #269
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Oh man Takeda is going to be the coach now for Nadeshiko. Well he did engineer a nice play. Mai is good, but she's got nothing on Nana. How can you even call you teammate a rival. That photographer is annoying. SO the final 8 starts and Kakeru has to face Hibino first. Araki finally got thin!
Old 2012-05-04, 22:02   Link #270
Kazu-kun

Mai played well as forward, but she was a complete failure as attacking midfielder. Seven on the other hand was great as midfielder, as always (that's definitely the best position for her).

So yeah, all things considering, it seems Mai is going to end up becoming the knight to Seven's king, as I predicted before.
Old 2012-05-04, 22:14   Link #271
king12354

Who are the League selection anyways? That seemed like a random match to introduce the new coach and new player.
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 22:44   Link #272
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by king12354 View Post
Who are the League selection anyways? That seemed like a random match to introduce the new coach and new player.
It's stated this match as a "send-off" friendly for Nadeshiko Japan. Seven's team might be leaving Japan to play in an international tournament (the Asia Cup?), hence the send-off match for them.

The team Nadeshiko Japan is playing against in this friendly seems to be comprised of selected players from the Nadeshiko League (the Japanese women's football league) so I suppose that's why they call it "league selection". I'm not sure of this, but if this is the case then it's probably a team made up specifically for this match.

I hope that helps.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-05-05 at 06:01.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 07:22   Link #273
ookamigirl

Seven's new coach, Takeda was just ROFL
He was just drooling over them way too much *sigh*
The game was interesting, but Mai's overconfidence and attitude were kinda annoying.
In the end Mai & Seven made a good team.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2012-05-11, 17:41   Link #274
Jarppa

Did they run out of money orso graphic took big downgrade in this ep.
Jarppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 17:51   Link #275
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Oh man hope Kudo is ok. Man Kakeru can't overcome his trauma. I think knocking Kakeru out is the worst move because now he'll go into Suguru mode. Hope Kakeru can overcome his trauma.
Old 2012-05-12, 12:08   Link #276
ookamigirl

Enoshima vs Shonan.
Araki was playing awesome as ever ^^
It was a really intense game worth watching.
Those Hibino and Honda were pretty problematic for Enoshima.
Kudo did a stupid thing that just brought back bad memories for Kakeru.
Can't wait to see how it'll play out.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2012-05-12, 14:39   Link #277
king12354

It's a bit annoying to see how one-sided the refereeing is. Enoshima never gets free kicks, it's always their opponent.
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 17:35   Link #278
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

So Kakeru is himself while getting tips form his brother. phi tick describes it perfectly. Kakeru how can you be smitten by Mai, when you have Nana. There can't be any love triangle.
Old 2012-05-18, 18:15   Link #279
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
There can't be any love triangle.
In the manga there is none. But it seems next episode will be original material so maybe they will add love triangle shenanigans to the anime for some reason.

The anime is already a wreck so I don't care that much at this point.
Old 2012-05-18, 21:07   Link #280
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I haven't been nuts about this show lately, but this was the best ep in quite a while, and that scene with Mai at the end was the funniest in the entire series. Kakeru was practically moe.

I'm not sure why (other than cliché of course) that Seven and Kakeru have to furiously deny any suggestion that they could be dating. Maybe Mai will be the push they need to actually acknowledge they're in love.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen, sports