AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-11-09, 22:12   Link #3361
sa547
*Author

Gonna fire up the game later, now that I added a few more mods, and see if it'll crash or be stable within six hours.
Old 2012-11-10, 11:55   Link #3362
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

What mods did you add Sa547, graphical ones?
Old 2012-11-10, 13:47   Link #3363
Animejr

Skyrim i must say is one of the few games i cant stop thinkig about. Its a shame my ps3 version got all buggy and then my cousin overwritten my save file of 80 hours. Im gona fix my 360 just for this game and witcher 2. If you havnt played this yet please do yourself a favor and get it! Oh and the guide helps
Animejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 14:10   Link #3364
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Below is a link to my blog which has info about how taller characters run faster in Skyrim and how to move around faster:

http://anime4review.x10.mx/

Animejr I've restarted before on Skyrim to change my character as I play it on Xbox 360 even though I know it doesn't matter too much which character I pick.

It takes a long time to get back to were you were before in the game so you end up rushing parts of the game.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 14:39   Link #3365
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
Graphical mods don't necessarily have a large effect on stability, but the amount of ESP plugins enabled most certainly does.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 16:39   Link #3366
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeMask View Post
Below is a link to my blog which has info about how taller characters run faster in Skyrim and how to move around faster:

http://anime4review.x10.mx/

Animejr I've restarted before on Skyrim to change my character as I play it on Xbox 360 even though I know it doesn't matter too much which character I pick.

It takes a long time to get back to were you were before in the game so you end up rushing parts of the game.
I have a small/short mage and thief, and a tall redguard. It is intereating to see what jumps each can handle and runtime between points.

I use player.setscale , set to 0.9ish for shorties and 1.1 for the tall warrior.
Old 2012-11-10, 18:07   Link #3367
Animejr

Yea it will kinda suck playing thro it again however i wont do so until probably beginning of the year and i havnt played since around christmas of last year so i wont mind going thro it again. I was a dark elf mage my first time thro however next time ill probably be a thief or warrior
Animejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 19:14   Link #3368
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
Nope, I already slipped mid/low-resolution textures into the game long before the patch upgrade; what I added were functional (i.e. infrastructure) and equipment mods for stability testing (the ones more likely to cause CTDs were mods with poorly debugged scripts or dirty records requiring a TES5edit runthrough).
Old 2012-11-11, 21:48   Link #3369
sa547
*Author

BTW, in case anyone hasn't noticed yet, it's one year since the release of Skyrim.
Old 2012-11-11, 22:05   Link #3370
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
BTW, in case anyone hasn't noticed yet, it's one year since the release of Skyrim.
Frankly with TES games and their long lifespans, we might wait 5 years before we celebrate.

Hell I just re-installed Fallout 3. I want to go back to guns for a while before the third DLC.
Old 2012-11-11, 22:56   Link #3371
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

One thing I noticed about Skyrim from a few days ago is that they've now moved it over onto Steam's new content system, meaning that future patches will be delivered as delta updates, and you now have the ability to install the game outside of the default SteamApps folder (IIRC, only to beta client users at the moment). The "Defragment Cache Files" button should no longer appear in the properties window.
Old 2012-11-11, 23:05   Link #3372
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
One thing I noticed about Skyrim from a few days ago is that they've now moved it over onto Steam's new content system, meaning that future patches will be delivered as delta updates, and you now have the ability to install the game outside of the default SteamApps folder (IIRC, only to beta client users at the moment). The "Defragment Cache Files" button should no longer appear in the properties window.
I like this .... especially for the abnormally large games (which I often put on their own hard drive).
Old 2012-11-14, 20:02   Link #3373
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I think I just hurt myself hearing hothtrooper44's pricing for the commission I plan, since the details are hammered out and the images are just about ready. ._.
Old 2012-11-14, 21:39   Link #3374
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Commission for what?
Old 2012-11-14, 23:01   Link #3375
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

My aforementioned armor commission. $100 for one gender due to the amount of work involved (he estimates ten to fifteen hours), $150 for both genders. Unfortunately if I don't want to dip into my savings account, I've only got enough money for one gender, and I'm picking male.
Old 2012-11-15, 00:52   Link #3376
sa547
*Author

When I come back, I'll try out this unusual method of reducing save file size: it involves removing loose scripts and meshes left over by poorly-edited and/or buggy mods, and requires gradual steps until the save size is stabilized.
Old 2012-11-15, 05:55   Link #3377
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
When I come back, I'll try out this unusual method of reducing save file size: it involves removing loose scripts and meshes left over by poorly-edited and/or buggy mods, and requires gradual steps until the save size is stabilized.
Heh. Yeah.

There's a reason why many Skyrim modders out there are saying it's best if you do automatic installation via NMM or Wyre Bash. This would be it. Hell, some even say automatic installation is the only way you should do it.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 06:50   Link #3378
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Even when I manually download something from Nexus, I put it in the NMM folder and activate via the manager. Life just goes better.
Old 2012-11-16, 10:41   Link #3379
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Heh. Yeah.

There's a reason why many Skyrim modders out there are saying it's best if you do automatic installation via NMM or Wyre Bash. This would be it. Hell, some even say automatic installation is the only way you should do it.
When I get back from my temporary assignment -- fixing a bunch of laptops -- in the other part of the city, I'll post the details.
Old 2012-11-17, 10:39   Link #3380
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

http://www.ibtimes.com/skyrim-dlc-dr...medium=twitter

More detail on the upcoming DLC, no mention of PC in it. Focused on the consoles, and the PS3 problems.

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim