AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-05-29, 07:08   Link #321
Iron Maw
Banned

Wasn't sure exactly where to post this, but here should be good enough. This contains some hints about the walls and humanity's history in SnK. This isn't spoilers since none of it has been talk about in the manga itself, but it might cause readers currently up to date on serializations to reevaluate their theories.

http://calorescence.tumblr.com/post/...f-the-japanese

Quite an interesting read in either case.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 07:40   Link #322
yankky5

So its a possiblity that europe was over run by the titans and they shipped their asses to the continent of America or Australia and built the wall from their.... Hmm never thought of that
Old 2013-05-29, 08:02   Link #323
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Well this is interesting, it would explain many things especially how the bulk of the population knows so little about the walls and the surrounding lands.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 08:31   Link #324
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Lols... that only put new questions...

Spoiler for Questions to outside reference:
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 09:19   Link #325
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Lols... that only put new questions...
Spoiler for Questions to outside reference:
Spoiler for To hide my comment!:
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 09:24   Link #326
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
That was so funny.. screw the author...
Old 2013-05-29, 10:31   Link #327
Iron Maw
Banned

You guys don't need spoiler tags, I posted this here for that reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankky5 View Post
So its a possiblity that europe was over run by the titans and they shipped their asses to the continent of America or Australia and built the wall from their.... Hmm never thought of that
It's possible, but this doesn't confirm if this a post apocalyptic earth or and alternate one. We do now however know that humans (along with their ancestors) that live in the Walled City aren't native to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Well this is interesting, it would explain many things especially how the bulk of the population knows so little about the walls and the surrounding lands.
Yep, however the people back then did seem to have known about a Walled City before-hand, I think we can speculate someone or something led them there to escape the giants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
That what it sounds like to me too, I think the Walls could be ruins of some sort myself.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2013-05-29 at 10:54.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 16:45   Link #328
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
That what it sounds like to me too, I think the Walls could be ruins of some sort myself.
Aliens are playing with them....
Old 2013-06-24, 21:08   Link #329
larethian

Repost; first posted by LuxorMG:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...actual-anchors
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 11:13   Link #330
Parchevich

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Now, that's some impressive dedication. Though I don't think a human can use something like that without frying their ass, falling from a great height, strangling themselves with the cord, decapitating themselves with the cord etc. And that's without adding two naked blades into it.
Parchevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 20:55   Link #331
yankky5

Quote:
lol according to the manga and anime you need to train for 3 years = to that of a green baret to at least get the hang of 3dmg and that is if your capable... Good luck!!
Old 2013-07-01, 17:33   Link #332
Breimoon

Quote:
lol according to the manga and anime you need to train for 3 years = to that of a green baret to at least get the hang of 3dmg and that is if your capable... Good luck!!
this is the future of the american army!! instead of climbing mountains they will use the 3dmg to do surprise attack on enemies! instead of blades they will use uzis!! and hollywood will make a new genre on unrealistic movies xD
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 23:56   Link #333
Apache Thunder
Interdimensional Spy

Send a message via MSN to Apache Thunder Send a message via Yahoo to Apache Thunder
Yeah. Imagine a whole army of Spidermans that have machine guns and stuff.

I have cameras in your head!
Apache Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 07:18   Link #334
MasterVampire

Would the humans with their current level of technology be able to make hot air baloons?

It would be alot easier exploring outside the walls.
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 07:48   Link #335
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterVampire View Post
Would the humans with their current level of technology be able to make hot air baloons?

It would be alot easier exploring outside the walls.
The author controls this world... any technology that could outwit and outsmart the Titans are non existence ever since the walls were built.....
Old 2013-08-05, 22:17   Link #336
LuxorMG
ItadakiMAKO

Quote:
*randomly clicks on the tech thread*
*scrolls backwards, sees my handle* :O

Oh, that video. I had a huge grin when I watched it the first time, but I noticed later that his 3D gear handle/blade hilt is slightly off (and may be missing a couple triggers and levers).

I'll just link this instead of reposting.
http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t...=1#post2939712
Old 2013-11-05, 05:10   Link #337
Little John

Technologies

This series is one of the few shows that really captured my imagination. The world building is flawed enough to be realistic and thus interesting. But because of my nature of examining things, I often find myself saying "why don't they just..." in some events.

Some of my ideas here are categorized into 3 levels. Lvl 1- tech and objects that definitely exist in the world because they were shown to exist by the author. Lvl 2 are tech and object that we can assume are possible because of the existence of lvl 1's. Lvl 3 (to which my posts will be mostly about- because speculating is just more fun!) are things that may exist because of the Lvl 1 and 2 tech and objects.

If some tech or another does not show up in the series I chuck it up to a couple of things

1) They cannot produce it. Meaning they either do not have the materials to manufacture it or lost the knowledge to do so.

2) It was not terribly effective in their experience. This is more deductive reasoning, but some tech that to us would obviously work against titans, had been found to be ineffective. A bit of a grey area.

3) People being people simply overlooked the potential of some tech. This has happened again and again in history, gun powder for the Chinese was initially used in fireworks and was never used in war as extensively as it was in the west.

4) There is active suppression of some tech. The government may actively suppress labor saving devices to actually keep more of the population busy. Sort of like make-work in the military so the people don't get restless

5) The author flat out ignored it. The reason of last resort. Although flat out possible in a lot of cases this is the last thing I would think. There are typically better rationalizations than this.
Little John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-05, 05:15   Link #338
Little John

Before I go speculating about what they could have in the series I'd like to clear things up a bit.

(I've only read the manga and I haven't seen the anime so I'm not exactly sure what the spoilers are and what's not. So reader beware! )

Some general assumptions on my part:
Spoiler for I only read the manga!:

Enough of that. Next post will be about what they can possibly have that is not too much of a leap from where they are now.
Old 2013-11-05, 12:10   Link #339
Little John

The issue of hot air balloons and other flying tech.

The lack of internal combustion engines in the series would immediately rule out even the most basic lawnmower gliders.

Even simple hang gliders seem to be difficult to make but not impossible with the lack of synthetic materials. The aluminum frame is somewhat sophisticated technology.

What would be interesting is if they combine the 3dm gear and hang glider tech. This would make for very maneuverable little aircraft that can launch itself into the air and then save the compressed air in the tanks, allowing scouts to cover a lot of ground with the relative safety of flight. With refinements, the scouts can probably constantly carry a folding personal hang glider on their person. This would make their existing gear more cumbersome but will make them less dependent on their horses.

The lack of parachutes is a glaring problem in the series. So much of the complex horse scouting maneuvers would be rendered obsolete. Even with the lack of synthetic materials, hot air balloons have carried passengers since the 1700's so an all natural construction should be simple to make. The lack of petrol shouldn't be an issue. The only down side of a hot air balloon observation post is that it has very limited ability to communicate with the people bellow. A simple flag signal language should be enough. or even a carrier pigeon system.
Old 2013-11-07, 05:27   Link #340
Kiltias

Quote:
There also happens to be the possibility this isn't Europe.

Golden Witch on NF pointed out that a lot of things fit to a farfetched theorem about Atlantis.
Spoiler for Manga Spoilers:
Kiltias is offline   Reply With Quote