AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-05-20, 03:15   Link #6801
azziz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Anything is possible, as long as this "suspected ability" has even the slightest relation to the attribute of steel that the King of the end.

At this point in time, we just don't have enough information to be able to discern ... what kind of abilities he is going to have.
it is untrue to say we know nothing of the ability of the king of the end:the author used sun wu kong in his battle against the three campiones to give us a glimpse of what the strongest [steel] is capable of:
1.first,when and only when he's faced with more than one campione,his magical power increase drastically,above that of athena or any other heretic god he met(that's how he imprisoned lu hao after her fight with godou or sumoned his two subordinate gods).
2.when he was about to be sent flying above the atmosphe,he fusioned with his two sworn brother in order to use his trump card;here's and extrait of what guenewere said in vol.7 prologue:"when the great sage called upon the power to defeat devil kings and bring salvation to the world,i actually tough it might actually be possible[...]though imcomplete the great sage managed to make skillful use of it"
frome those two points we can deduce two thingsn one hand,teaming up against him,for campiones,isn't a good idea,it will just make him stronger and he must have subordinate god on his own;on the other hand he possess a special skill that,unlike SGK,he can probably use alone,without help but i don't know if we should call it a devil king slaying authority ?
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 07:23   Link #6802
alviam099

Quote:
Vol.13's Afterword confirms that it's a Campione.
There's also the fact that the author or at least zzhk's translation is pretty clear when you distinguish gods and godslayers.
Quote:
Just as the Witch Queen and the war god headed towards the Bousou Sea again, the god-slayers were restlessly biding their time.
Even if it is a god that kills other god, the author still points it out as a god. And the Campiones were referred as god-slayers.

Quote:
1.first,when and only when he's faced with more than one campione,his magical power increase drastically,above that of athena or any other heretic god he met(that's how he imprisoned lu hao after her fight with godou or sumoned his two subordinate gods).
The only reason Luo Hao was imprisoned easily was because Godou and Luo Hao were both exhausted in their fight and Sun Wukong just came and did it.

alviam099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 09:36   Link #6803
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by alviam099 View Post
There's also the fact that the author or at least zzhk's translation is pretty clear when you distinguish gods and godslayers.

Even if it is a god that kills other god, the author still points it out as a god. And the Campiones were referred as god-slayers.

The only reason Luo Hao was imprisoned easily was because Godou and Luo Hao were both exhausted in their fight and Sun Wukong just came and did it.
Remember in volume 3 where verethragna was described as the "god-slaying" god.
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 16:43   Link #6804
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Anything is possible, as long as this "suspected ability" has even the slightest relation to the attribute of steel that the King of the end.

At this point in time, we just don't have enough information to be able to discern ... what kind of abilities he is going to have.

I'm more wondering about ... the kind of excuse that Godou is going to use, to explain another of his long disappearance's from home ... since if this continues ... I fear that the "little sister" is finally going to snap ... and try to do a more through investigation of what her "brother" is actually doing ... which will ... eventually cause her to become involved with the magic world and the other things that are related with that...
If she ever learns anything then they can just neuralyze her. Problem solved.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 23:20   Link #6805
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
You mean what they did to Sakura and Fuyuhime.
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 01:43   Link #6806
Yami no Ou
まおう

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
I don't think Godou will let that
Old 2013-05-21, 01:54   Link #6807
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami no Ou View Post
I don't think Godou will let that
True he might not be happy that his sister's memory is going to be wiped out, but on the other hand, I doubt that he would Shizuka to be involved with his life as a Campione ... and the dangers that are related with it.

In other words there is not a straight anwser to this question, which is why I think it would be a pretty intresting situation if something like that ... actually occured in the novels.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 05:06   Link #6808
Fujiwara
Digital Occultist

just finished express-reading Campione vol.1-13 (yeah all of them) at BT (kudos for all the translators )
compared to other light novels of the same theme, Campione is average, but "King of The End" and Takatsuki-san massive historical references just make me want to read more

a little of my 2-cents about the identity of King of The End (which could be very much wrong, or has been mentioned somewhere in this vast 300 pages thread)

hero involved in argonauts
somewhow related with the scythians/sarmatians

would it be hercules then? he is very much steel IMO
however it still find it hard to relate his legends (ie. his 12 labors), to any asian counterparts - (I'm not really knowledgeable about asian histories & legends aside of epoch like ROTK, Mahabharata and Ramayana which I'm an avid fan of)

maybe his labor of killing 9-headed hydra is somehow prototype for susanoo killing 8-headed yamata-no-orochi? (yeah Hercules did kill Hydra with a Scythe, and Susanoo killed orochi with Kusanagi/grass cutter) but susanoo is already in the story!

what do you guys think?

then again... if hercules as a heretic god is to face godou it would be interesting, because at least three/four of verethragna incarnation won't works due to the former successful 12 labors: Boar (Erymanthian Boar), Raptor (Stymphalian Birds), Bull (Cretan Bull, which is very much remind me of Gascoigne King Minos), Stallion (Mares of Diomedes)

Last edited by Fujiwara; 2013-05-21 at 05:27.
Fujiwara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 08:03   Link #6809
Hidfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fujiwara View Post

would it be hercules then? he is very much steel IMO
Godou already met and defeated Hercules. Melqart is made of Hercules, Baal and a few other stories.
Hidfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 08:10   Link #6810
OverNOut
The Obsever

^ Wasn't that a draw
OverNOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 08:27   Link #6811
Hidfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverNOut View Post
^ Wasn't that a draw
Well technically but Melqart is only ectoplasm and can not do anything for years while Godou is just fine.
Hidfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 08:36   Link #6812
OverNOut
The Obsever

^ All thanks to the Ram.
OverNOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 08:43   Link #6813
Yami no Ou
まおう

yes thats thanks to the Ram,but still its one of Godou's authority after all so he pretty much defeated Melqart
Old 2013-05-21, 09:19   Link #6814
Chris38

Personally I think that the King of the End is going to be a heretic god that could be atributted to various difrennt myths, which would reduce the effectivness of [The Sword].

As for what kind of myths he is going to be connected with ... obviously with someone who has the traits of a hero, and pretty much any myth has someone like that.

Still, it's probably going to take some time, before we will know the full details about the King of the End ... since, Godou ... in my opinion, still hasn't reached a level where he would become, a worthy oponent for the King of the End.
Old 2013-05-21, 12:34   Link #6815
ser4

I just went to BT and sow the name of vol 14 apperantly there would be an 8th Campione :O. Any theories on who it might be? Erica is on the cover so maybe she becomes a campione?
ser4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 12:37   Link #6816
azziz

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by ser4 View Post
I just went to BT and sow the name of vol 14 apperantly there would be an 8th Campione :O. Any theories on who it might be? Erica is on the cover so maybe she becomes a campione?
first time i've heard of it
seriously...
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 12:37   Link #6817
Ultragunner

Nope, the "new' Campione should be a guy as zzhk has posted previously
Old 2013-05-21, 12:39   Link #6818
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ser4 View Post
Most likely the 8th Campione is going to be Godou himself ... due to the fact that the newly intoduced Campione is ... going to be someone who survived a confronation against the King of the End ... in other words Godou's senpai.

If you want to see the most likely candidate for the "new" Campione ... you just need to look in one of BT forums about Campione, where I have seen the link to the official Campione site - which, from what I remember, has also been posted, a few pages ago in this thread.
Old 2013-05-21, 12:43   Link #6819
Grave_digger

Quote:
Personally I think that the King of the End is going to be a heretic god that could be atributted to various difrennt myths, which would reduce the effectivness of [The Sword].

As for what kind of myths he is going to be connected with ... obviously with someone who has the traits of a hero, and pretty much any myth has someone like that.

Still, it's probably going to take some time, before we will know the full details about the King of the End ... since, Godou ... in my opinion, still hasn't reached a level where he would become, a worthy oponent for the King of the End.

well that's pretty true, godou is more or less capable but he pretty weak against trick type and long battle.(like with alec he just dodge and dodge coz he didn't really try to defeat godou).BTW his skill with ama no murakumo in vol 13 can be used repeatedly right ? not one time skill ? and i still wonder why he didn't get an authority against lancelot.

8th godslayer eh,personally i would have godou to stand his own first until the birth of the next godslayer.he seem wild which i welcomed coz there is no wild godslayer yet (only in looks,all godslayer is wild ).i wonder if he have some connection to lady aisha.
Grave_digger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 12:53   Link #6820
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:

In actuality, Taketsuki has dropped quite a few hints about the King of the End's identity. Godou himself has spoken his name, if my theory is correct.

Spoiler for King of the End:

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem