Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-08-25, 01:44   Link #401
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momobunny View Post
Where do people get the idea that Blood Vengeance is non-canon...? I don't remember seeing anything about that from an official source...
Yes, there's no official source about that, but I found it from harada's twitter, long ago.

IIRC someone complained that how the hell Jin could master the devil gene while Harada clearly stated that only Kazuya could do so (hence why Devil is made as Kazuya's "stance" in TAG2). He answered that the movie wasn't canon. (which is good)

It's a very old tweet, let's see if I could find it

EDIT: found it from Michael Murray's tweet: https://twitter.com/mykeryu/status/69575189259763712
and finally from Harada himself https://twitter.com/harada_tekken/st...40479057842176

Last edited by Ryonea; 2012-08-25 at 02:09.
Ryonea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 12:54   Link #402
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
Also in the movie pretty much Kaz and Heihachi are dead. Glad it's not canon. I really dislike Shin Kamiya. Glad it's just a stand alone movie.
Old 2012-08-25, 15:19   Link #403
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
I think they will, if many fans demand it besides, there's an interview video with Harada and the director. They said if there's a next film to be made, he'll include Asuka and Lili

That tournament Xiaoyu and Alisa talked about was the 6th tournament I believe. Since Blood Vengeance's setting is between Tekken 5 and 6 (although the story is non-canon).
he'll include Asuka and Lili ? ... Lili.... *happy* *Happy* I demand it!!! I demand it!!! but where and how to apply it?

or is the video interview? I want to see myself

made the second film he does pity, I cross my fingers

Lili-sama ga miteru ~

Last edited by Chiaki_chan; 2012-08-25 at 17:10.
Chiaki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 20:20   Link #404
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Yes, there's no official source about that, but I found it from harada's twitter, long ago.

IIRC someone complained that how the hell Jin could master the devil gene while Harada clearly stated that only Kazuya could do so (hence why Devil is made as Kazuya's "stance" in TAG2). He answered that the movie wasn't canon. (which is good)

It's a very old tweet, let's see if I could find it

EDIT: found it from Michael Murray's tweet: https://twitter.com/mykeryu/status/69575189259763712
and finally from Harada himself https://twitter.com/harada_tekken/st...40479057842176
Ahh so it's a parallel storyline, I suppose that makes sense since the movie doesn't really fit into the stories of any of the games. Though, I mostly liked the movie (Xiaoyu is my favorite and I loved how they handled her character in the movie) and I would've liked if certain elements from it were carried over to the games. Though, it seems like one element I like (Xiao and Alisa knowing each other) will remain in the games according to the clip in that one TTT2 trailer that shows some of the endings... then again TTT2 is supposedly non-canon either... so... :|

... eh, the main story's not that great anyway. I'll just pretend.

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 20:32   Link #405
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

yes I also loved the duo Alisa / Xiaoyu, and Alisa and endings with Xiaoyu passing before her current intrigues me I can not wait to see all the cutscenes of the game ... the game will be released in September that day?
Old 2012-08-27, 03:20   Link #406
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Will try out on my first try on the game the father and son team or F.Law and M.Law
Old 2012-08-27, 12:42   Link #407
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

I came across a topic on Tekken Zaibatsu and in the topic people talk about remapping buttons and binding and how they should or shouldn't be allowed in tournament play. For those who don't know, remapping is when you change the controls... like, if you changed right punch from the triangle button and assigned it to the square button. Binding is similar, except it's when you assign two limbs to one button, so a right punch and left punch both being assigned to the R1 button would be an example of that.

The reason why I'm bringing this up here is because some people in the topic seem to have the idea that binding is bad and shouldn't be done at all, even outside of tournament play. While others argue that if it's an option then it should be allowed even in tournaments.

I grew up playing Tekken on the Playstation and never really played on an arcade. In fact where I live there are next to no arcades (I remember finding TTT at a movie theater arcade once over 10 years ago... and that's it), so I grew up playing with a controller. Since I was a kid I assigned LK+RK to L1, RP+LP to R1, LP+LK to L2, and RP+RK to R2 and I didn't think anything of it. Now I pretty much rely on that layout as I've always found it incredibly difficult to press two buttons at the same time and actually have it work (I suck at Tekken, I mess up A LOT even with this layout.). I can't effectively use arcade sticks and I feel like it takes all the fun out of the game to learn how (I've tried before) and I feel like it also takes all of the fun out of it trying to learn to play with the 4 button scheme and no button binding after so many years of playing it the way I did.

I know that if I don't plan on entering tournaments then it shouldn't affect me, but it's a little disappointing to read that apparently I've been playing the game "wrong" for all these years... what does everyone else think?

Old 2012-08-27, 14:28   Link #408
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

It does give some people an advantage on certain degrees because of a one button push. Much like Law's flip kicks are done by pressing LK+HK before.

But imho if your playing with friends or competing it doesn't really matter, because your playing a game. Also arcade sticks yo can easily press buttons because they're laid out, unlike in a controller, so pretty much they're just giving stick fighters the advantage in that situation, either way I just find it stupid.
Old 2012-08-27, 14:51   Link #409
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
It does give some people an advantage on certain degrees because of a one button push. Much like Law's flip kicks are done by pressing LK+HK before.

But imho if your playing with friends or competing it doesn't really matter, because your playing a game. Also arcade sticks yo can easily press buttons because they're laid out, unlike in a controller, so pretty much they're just giving stick fighters the advantage in that situation, either way I just find it stupid.
I have noticed that it's easier to press two buttons at the same time on an arcade stick than it is on the controller... for me anyway. I didn't think it was a big deal, but after seeing so many people being so adamant about either side I figured I'd ask.

Old 2012-08-27, 19:21   Link #410
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momobunny View Post
I know that if I don't plan on entering tournaments then it shouldn't affect me, but it's a little disappointing to read that apparently I've been playing the game "wrong" for all these years... what does everyone else think?
To be honest, I'm pretty much the same as you. I also use shortcuts on the pad. Arcade sticks are expensive, so does playing on an arcade cabinet. Not to mention the condition of the cabinet themselves (over here, many arcade machines are broken due to little kids).

As for me, I don't think it's wrong to use shortcuts. After all, the pad was designed to be pressed with our thumbs, unlike arcade sticks which utilize our other four fingers. Hence why it's easy to do multi-button presses on arcade sticks.

But if you want to play with the "right" way, then there's a way how to do that. But of course, it needs a relearning: Hold the pad with a "claw-style"

it's something like that. So our right thumb and pinky holds the controller, while the other three fingers are on the buttons. That way, we don't need shortcuts. As for the TAG button, assign it to L1 button.

I myself still play using shortcuts and use only my thumb for the face buttons. I could do a bit without them and able to press all 2 buttons with my thumb except LP+RK (square+ circle/ 1+4) so I still need them.

According to pro players, an arcade stick isn't a necessity, and there are a number of pro players just using a pad. Besides, using arcade sticks means that we need to train some different left hand muscles, notably when we train how to do backdash and wavedash (or something like that) on the 1st player layout and the 2nd player layout.

So in the end, I think let's just stick to our usual method, although if we want to play properly by using only the original buttons then it would be nice
Old 2012-08-27, 19:35   Link #411
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

it must be practical to make combos?
Old 2012-08-27, 21:23   Link #412
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
To be honest, I'm pretty much the same as you. I also use shortcuts on the pad. Arcade sticks are expensive, so does playing on an arcade cabinet. Not to mention the condition of the cabinet themselves (over here, many arcade machines are broken due to little kids).

As for me, I don't think it's wrong to use shortcuts. After all, the pad was designed to be pressed with our thumbs, unlike arcade sticks which utilize our other four fingers. Hence why it's easy to do multi-button presses on arcade sticks.

But if you want to play with the "right" way, then there's a way how to do that. But of course, it needs a relearning: Hold the pad with a "claw-style"

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/4059/77452323nb9.jpg

it's something like that. So our right thumb and pinky holds the controller, while the other three fingers are on the buttons. That way, we don't need shortcuts. As for the TAG button, assign it to L1 button.

I myself still play using shortcuts and use only my thumb for the face buttons. I could do a bit without them and able to press all 2 buttons with my thumb except LP+RK (square+ circle/ 1+4) so I still need them.

According to pro players, an arcade stick isn't a necessity, and there are a number of pro players just using a pad. Besides, using arcade sticks means that we need to train some different left hand muscles, notably when we train how to do backdash and wavedash (or something like that) on the 1st player layout and the 2nd player layout.

So in the end, I think let's just stick to our usual method, although if we want to play properly by using only the original buttons then it would be nice
Completely agree with this.
Also this is how one of my friends hold his pad, he also uses a fight stick(bloody rich bastard lol).

Imho if I play with a guy that uses binding it doesn't matter nor a guy that uses fight stick bring it on as long as we have fun playing competition or just casual play.
Old 2012-08-28, 09:21   Link #413
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

lol I hold my controller this way, it's pretty easier on fighting games
there are no controls whatsoever on my R buttons

on my L, I'll have the Tag button
L2 for the Tag throw after I've bought the game

I'm comfortable with both pad and or a stick btw~

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 23:19   Link #414
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums...hreadid=122934

Spoiler for Long Text:
Old 2012-08-31, 03:11   Link #415
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Lili Rochefort
Likes (+1): Kuma, Ganryu, Asuka, Leo
Dislikes (-1): Ogre
Hates (-2): Nina, Jin, Heihachi, Kazuya, Eddy, Lars, Alisa, Jinpachi, Jun
but it makes me laugh "like Leo uh ok ... but Kuma, Ganryu??, why and Lili likes Asuka?? thought I would be in his "Dislikes"

and I'm glad Lili likes Asuka .... in friendship and or... love? I delirium kyaaa Lili x Asuka

Why Lily likes Leo? in tekken 5 and 6 both have never crossed, or they were referred to tekken comic? Ganryu in Tekken 5 for she told him that sourciles like those of his father ok ... and Kuma ...? Lili loves bear? one information that I did not know it

Last edited by Chiaki_chan; 2012-08-31 at 04:17.
Chiaki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 11:19   Link #416
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

good thing to know that Jin, Kazuya, Heihachi, & Jinpachi love each other SO much.
i'll be teaming them up together just to see some reactions.
Old 2012-08-31, 14:52   Link #417
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
good thing to know that Jin, Kazuya, Heihachi, & Jinpachi love each other SO much.
i'll be teaming them up together just to see some reactions.
yes lol
Old 2012-08-31, 19:56   Link #418
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

I've tried using the claw method and playing with an arcade stick again... gosh, I don't know what it is about these methods but it completely takes all of the fun out of the game for me. It doesn't matter much since I only play casually though... I feel like I'd be more comfortable with an arcade stick if I actually played Tekken at an arcade though. I can see playing at an arcade and then getting an arcade stick and using that at home, but I can't see it working the other way around for me. ^^;

As for the Allegiance Chart, half of it doesn't even make sense to me. Some character relationships are excluded (Anna/Lee (T5), Xiaoyu/Yoshimitsu (T4)) and some don't make sense (characters who never had anything to do with one another feeling anything towards each other) not to mention some characters just getting the short end of the stick for no real good reason (Christie likes nobody, Lili hates a lot of people, and a lot of people hate Jun... all for no real logical reason). Also Alisa disliking Xiaoyu is bull. >_>

Old 2012-08-31, 20:04   Link #419
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Iam more surprise Christie hates Eddy.... =/ Probably because their master died and he allied with Jin.

Anyways

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-08-31, 20:51   Link #420
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Iam more surprise Christie hates Eddy.... =/ Probably because their master died and he allied with Jin.
It is true that working with Eddy Jin in tekken 6 but Eddy begin to detest his organization?

Tags
fighting game