AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi (second series) Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 39 23.21%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 47 27.98%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 51 30.36%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 12.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 3.57%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.60%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.19%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.60%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-05, 23:25   Link #61
Nemesis2124

Before anyone else wastes their time; the sub currently listed on A-Suki isn't real.
Old 2007-07-05, 23:25   Link #62
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaOnna View Post
It seems that a group called anon is doing speed sub for it, and they're releasing it in mkv. Is this confirmed or are they a new group?

Anyway, I can't wait to see this. Looks promising.
Anon's "speed sub" has turnd out to just be a raw with a single line fake subed at the start.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2007-07-05, 23:29   Link #63
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Anon's "speed sub" has turnd out to just be a raw with a single line fake subed at the start.
Anonymous always releases the .ass file beforehand. The fact that there wasn't one, despite frequent requests (and demands), was reason for suspicion.
Old 2007-07-05, 23:50   Link #64
Shion's Sanity
Banned

That time still would not fit in with her age being 43, though.O_O
Old 2007-07-06, 00:17   Link #65
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagematt View Post
It seems no one has pointed out that it's been almost 30 years since Akasaka's visit at Hinamizawa. This episode is actually set roughly 22 years after Tsumihoroboshi's events.
Ah, good point.

But actually, Akasaka's visit to Hinamizawa (Himatsubushi-hen) took place 5 years before 1983, it's actually 25 years after the events of Tsumihoroboshi-hen. Which means she's really around... 38? here

Still, Rena doesn't look like she's any older than 25 in this episode...

As for how the number 13 came up, that is assuming Rena is a second grader in middle school (equivalent of grade 8 in Western high schools).
One of the reason for this belief is because it was mentioned in the game that Mion (who is a year older than Keiichi and Rena) is an exam student (someone who is in the last year of middle or high school, which means he/she will be taking an entry exam at the end of the year to determine which high school/university he/she will advance onto).
Although their age was never confirmed, there were some references from the various game chapters that points to Keiichi, Rena, and Mion being middle schoolers (for example, during Taraimawashi-hen, Keiichi lied about how he became friends with a girl their age in Okinomiya, and Rena responded by saying she doesn't know of any middle schools in Okinomiya) (and it makes sense visually too, they look too young to be high school students).
Therefore, it's assumed that Keiichi and Rena is in second grade of middle school, while Mion is a third grader.

Rika and Satoko are almost definitely in the elementary grades. A few of the ending credits in the game (ones that show who died and how they died) displayed Rika and Satoko's age in single digit, which automatically makes them too young to be in middle school.
Old 2007-07-06, 00:36   Link #66
Shadow Miko
ASuki's #1 Virgillia fan~

Hanyuu looks so awesome and the opening song is so sad. Kai looks promising.

WAS Hanyuu's biggest fangirl, my heart belongs to Virgillia now. <3 Loli Salad - A blog of epic-proportions!
Old 2007-07-06, 00:41   Link #67
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
Although their age was never confirmed, there were some references from the various game chapters that points to Keiichi, Rena, and Mion being middle schoolers (for example, during Taraimawashi-hen, Keiichi lied about how he became friends with a girl their age in Okinomiya, and Rena responded by saying she doesn't know of any middle schools in Okinomiya) (and it makes sense visually too, they look too young to be high school students).
Therefore, it's assumed that Keiichi and Rena is in second grade of middle school, while Mion is a third grader.

Rika and Satoko are almost definitely in the elementary grades. A few of the ending credits in the game (ones that show who died and how they died) displayed Rika and Satoko's age in single digit, which automatically makes them too young to be in middle school.

Yet in Miotsukushi-hen it's pretty much confirmed that Mion/Keiichi/Rena are high school students...but that could just be the setting for Miotsukushi-hen alone
Old 2007-07-06, 00:55   Link #68
sagematt
Magician of Words

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
Ah, good point.

But actually, Akasaka's visit to Hinamizawa (Himatsubushi-hen) took place 5 years before 1983, it's actually 25 years after the events of Tsumihoroboshi-hen. Which means she's really around... 38? here
No no, this episode should be set on Summer 2005 (according to Demon's Script), so it really is 22 years after the events of Tsumihoroboshi-hen, and thus, 27 years after Akasaka's visit (I did say "almost 30 years").

Which means Rena is 35. Still smoking hot for her late thirties, though
Old 2007-07-06, 01:02   Link #69
Eleutheria
旅行癖

It's been quite a while since I finished playing Matsuribayashi-hen, but Higurashi Rei is still sitting on my desk :/

I don't remember adult Rena being alive in the Devil's Script, but I suppose it's not that much of a stretch...someone like her could definitely have evaded the disaster.
Old 2007-07-06, 01:06   Link #70
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
Yet in Miotsukushi-hen it's pretty much confirmed that Mion/Keiichi/Rena are high school students...but that could just be the setting for Miotsukushi-hen alone
I know. I think there's a part where Mion mentioned she want to go to the same university as Keiichi...

But anyway, my personal setting has them as middle schoolers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagematt View Post
No no, this episode should be set on Summer 2005 (according to Demon's Script), so it really is 22 years after the events of Tsumihoroboshi-hen, and thus, 27 years after Akasaka's visit (I did say "almost 30 years").

Which means Rena is 35. Still smoking hot for her late thirties, though
I wasn't really thinking about the TIP, since they don't necessarily have to follow that. Akasaka said it's been 30 years, so that's what I assume.
Either way, it doesn't really matter. All that matters is that it's been "a long time" since the end of the disaster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleutheria View Post
It's been quite a while since I finished playing Matsuribayashi-hen, but Higurashi Rei is still sitting on my desk :/

I don't remember adult Rena being alive in the Devil's Script, but I suppose it's not that much of a stretch...someone like her could definitely have evaded the disaster.
You should definitely play Rei, it's a beautiful story. Who knew a perfect world could be so... wrong.

If we follow the game's plot after Tsumihoroboshi-hen, Rena dies too along with the rest of her friends in the gas disaster. But I suppose it wouldn't matter much, since it's a "bad ending" world either way.

Oh yeah, the next week preview... um, I mean "Oshiete! Dark Rika Corner!" was a killer.

Problem from Teppei: "Maybe because I'm losing hair, but it has been difficult to perm my hair recently. What can I do?"
Dark Rika: "Why don't you try transplanting some of your hairs from down below?"

Teppei☆wwww
Old 2007-07-06, 01:06   Link #71
chrno_the_sinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleutheria View Post

She wasn't. But it was necessary in order to get that Rika/Rena trailer scene in.

I really hope Rule X, Y, and Z get explanations, but I won't hold my breath.
Old 2007-07-06, 01:21   Link #72
harukamae
だんご大家族の一人

Send a message via MSN to harukamae
Oh man, just finished watching this. Very nice way to link the two seasons together and I definately like the animation better in this one! Love Naraku no Hana as well...and...and... auauau *esplodes*

Sorry I needed to get that out of my system! ^^
Old 2007-07-06, 01:43   Link #73
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well I guess it wouldn't be that big a stretch for Rena to survive. After what went down she'd probably be arrested. Taken out of the area for questioning and then you have your way to survive. Or at least that's how it might've seemed from my impression.

It may have been a fake sub...but hell if I wasn't going to at least watch the episode anyways .

Well nice first episode to get things rolling at least. Have to agree Rena doesn't look out of her 20s regardless of her actual age and looks great . Even if for obvious reasons she's pretty messed up. Though how anyone couldn't be after all that happened and then your friends all getting killed...just sad.
Old 2007-07-06, 02:05   Link #74
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Have to agree Rena doesn't look out of her 20s regardless of her actual age and looks great .
Do you think she looks that much younger than Akane?
Spoiler for Rena at 43 juxtaposed with Akane:
Old 2007-07-06, 02:13   Link #75
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Hmmm, the new intro is nice, but I still prefer the one from the first season. >_< !
Old 2007-07-06, 02:16   Link #76
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Excellent OP I agree! The part where Rika starts running along to the lyrics "nukedashite" (run and break free) matches so eloquently to the theme of Rika's strong desire to break loose of her fate.

They did a really good job to start off the second season from the tidbits that most gamers felt that was lacking in the first season of the anime; the Demon's Script and Rika's mysterious appearance to save Rena from her insanity in Tsumihoroboshi.

And my, my. Rena looks sexier after all these years!!
Old 2007-07-06, 02:31   Link #77
Shadow Miko
ASuki's #1 Virgillia fan~

I don't mean to sound shallow and off topic but. Akasaka used to be pretty hot. Now he's just...

WAS Hanyuu's biggest fangirl, my heart belongs to Virgillia now. <3 Loli Salad - A blog of epic-proportions!
Old 2007-07-06, 02:54   Link #78
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

i wanna see the uber fight scene at the last few episodes, since the animation got such a huge improvement
Old 2007-07-06, 04:12   Link #79
Garet Linegod

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsky123 View Post
i wanna see the uber fight scene at the last few episodes, since the animation got such a huge improvement
Agreed. Looking forward to a much better climax than the roof top scene in Tsumihoroboshi of the first series.
Old 2007-07-06, 06:17   Link #80
dspr8_rugged
GN-001 Gundam Exia

Adult Rena = MILF.
Closed Thread