AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2009-06-01, 14:24   Link #341
hancock

Quote:
Originally Posted by D404 View Post
Font from pichu's pic, if wanted:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?cybwwy3mm5w
Please reupload it. Please please please. I was in the hospital for 2 months due to a car accident and when i got back on learning typesetting and found the font you uploaded, it expired So please reupload it please!

I also want to ask everyone how to typeset the following, please help if you know any of these:

1: words jumping up and down.

2: words coming towards you, then stop.

3: words coming towards you, then stop, then going away from you and disappear (kind of like a conversation in a game)

4: words slowly fading out, then flash, and become a solid normal word.

5: lights passing through words, say from left to right, then the words flash, and become normal words again.

6: words slowly coming up (this is for the ending credits)

7: words spinning, then become normal again.

8: how to typeset words vertically (not sideways)

9: words dropping down from the top of the screen, then stop..say at the middle of the screen for a certain amount of time, then go back to the very top and disappear.

10: words flipping up and down, then become normal.

Sorry if I'm asking too many questions - it was boring staying in the hospital so i came up with a bunch of questions relating to typesetting. Please help if you know the answers to any of these questions. Thanks a bunch!
hancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 02:05   Link #342
fireshark
CRF Believer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to fireshark
1. motion tracking in afx, or manual \move (shudder)
2. \t(\fscx\fscy?
3. \t(\fscx\fscy)\t(\fscx\fscy)
4. some form of \fade
6. what?
7. \t(\frz
8. Make fullwidth macro, or use @ version of font
9. make 2 lines, one \move down, other \move up
10. \t(\frx
fireshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 06:08   Link #343
Zergrinch
Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Zergrinch Send a message via Yahoo to Zergrinch
2. Simple \t with \fscx \fscy should do. You may want to set \an5 beforehand.

4. You want it to flash, so fade won't cut the mustard. Do it with a bunch of \t commands, playing with \alpha&H__& and \1c&H______& as appropriate.

5. Some kind of \t on each of those words - tell it to change color at a specific interval. The interval will be some sort of fixed time, divided by the number of letters in your line. Alternatively you can use a moving \clip for that. I believe ai-chan has a "pulse" effect that might do the trick for you, on the Aegisub karaoke forums. If you want to simulate light passing through it, that is way beyond my skill level

6. \move(!$x+20!,$!y+20!,$x,$y) with a really long duration. Or you can go fancy with rotation (I don't recall if its x, y or z) with a ludicrously far origin point. Your call.

9. You can't have two move commands in one line. If you want to stick with one line, you can do the rotation/far-origin trick with /t tag for pseudo moving fun.

Last edited by Zergrinch; 2009-06-02 at 11:04.
Zergrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 18:25   Link #344
hancock

Thanks guys, but for each answer, can you please give an example? Like giving it a value or some sort so I can put it in Aegisub and see how it works?

So an example would be,

for words coming at you: {\t(0,2000,\fs34)}

Thanks again!

*EDIT: Another question if you don't mind is that how can we typeset a gradient word? The word would have 4 colors, top is green, follows by red, then yellow, and bottom is orange. Thanks.

Last edited by hancock; 2009-06-03 at 20:37.
Old 2009-06-04, 00:21   Link #345
Zergrinch
Fansubber

Hancock, I recommend you play around with Aegisub first, before asking to see explicit examples. You learn more that way. Just ask if you're really stumped.

As for the gradient, ai-chan on the Aegisub forums has an excellent add-on:
http://malakith.net/aegisub/index.php?topic=1401.0
Old 2009-06-04, 04:07   Link #346
mama

look at this one:
http://anime-addict.razorbb.net/mountain_sign.avi

how can I hide the signpost when the boy is hiding it letter after letter?
mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 07:30   Link #347
jfs
Aegisub dev

You use \clip to hide part of a subtitle, you can either use a rectangular \clip with \t to change the clipping area over time, or you can create multiple lines that follow right after each other, with different clipping on each. You need to do the latter if you need to use vector drawing clips.

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 08:28   Link #348
Zergrinch
Fansubber

There are three frames where the sign is partially obscured when the boy goes forward, and 1 frame where it is partially hidden by the backpack. So it's no biggie to create four lines with partial clipping on it.
Old 2009-06-04, 10:52   Link #349
hancock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zergrinch View Post
Hancock, I recommend you play around with Aegisub first, before asking to see explicit examples. You learn more that way. Just ask if you're really stumped.

As for the gradient, ai-chan on the Aegisub forums has an excellent add-on:
http://malakith.net/aegisub/index.php?topic=1401.0
I think you're right. I'll mess around with it first then ask questions later.

Also thank you for helping out on the "break out" effect! You're a life-savior!!
Old 2009-06-08, 06:42   Link #350
Deathcaster

Didn't really know where to post it (as it can be a encoding fault) but since it involved aegisub i thought i would be ok to post it here.

Here's my problem: i am tasked to time series VC but when i open the raws (only from episodes 6+) in aegisub they will either lag or the audio will go out of sync (dont really know to explain it otherwise).

I highly doupt it is becuase of hardware limits since it hardly uses 30%+ CPU power on one of my cores (quad-core CPU). So i'm guessing it is either the encode itself or aegisub that has been corrupted somehow. (but thats unlikely as i only have this issue with these raws)

If anyone want to have a look on the raws heres the link: http://www.megaupload.com/?f=8QF8UNHW

Last edited by Deathcaster; 2009-06-08 at 08:44. Reason: Typo
Deathcaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-08, 09:26   Link #351
jfs
Aegisub dev

Fiiiirst thing: Aegisub is not a media player.
Open the audio in audio mode and play it there. If it sounds right, looks right on the timeline, and you can time to it, then it is right. Even if the video doesn't seem to match or be able to keep up during "playback".

It only gets funky when you want to time signs to the video. Three things to remember:
Use either Xvid in AVI, preferably with at most 1 B-frame.
OR, use MPEG-4 video (part 2 or part 10) video in MKV.
If the video is VFR, make sure the timecodes are loaded. (They should automatically be extracted when opening an MKV, but if you have them in a separate file, experiment with loading from that too.)
If the video is a well-supported codec in a well-supported container, and timecodes are right, then timing against video frames should work.

Old 2009-06-08, 10:57   Link #352
LelouchVII
Hagane no Renkinjutsushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathcaster View Post
Didn't really know where to post it (as it can be a encoding fault) but since it involved aegisub i thought i would be ok to post it here.

Here's my problem: i am tasked to time series VC but when i open the raws (only from episodes 6+) in aegisub they will either lag or the audio will go out of sync (dont really know to explain it otherwise).

I highly doupt it is becuase of hardware limits since it hardly uses 30%+ CPU power on one of my cores (quad-core CPU). So i'm guessing it is either the encode itself or aegisub that has been corrupted somehow. (but thats unlikely as i only have this issue with these raws)

If anyone want to have a look on the raws heres the link: http://www.megaupload.com/?f=8QF8UNHW
Have you loaded the audio into your ram?That always solves the problem for me.Also why do you need the video for timing?YOu time to the audio , or am I wrong? :S
LelouchVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-08, 11:22   Link #353
Deathcaster

Yeah i know it isn't a media player and i only use the video to check for scene bleeds, but other than that the only reason i load the video is so I can extarct it from the video with those keyframes.

And it doesn't mattar if i load it with the video or without it. it still lags behind (at least when i mux the subs i made with the video eventually the subs will be out of sinc).

But i think i have a temp fix now, I just need to extract the mp3 manually and then load the MP3 manually.

Quote:
LelouchVII Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathcaster

Have you loaded the audio into your ram?That always solves the problem for me.Also why do you need the video for timing?YOu time to the audio , or am I wrong? :S
I dont actually use the video really, it just grew on me to first load the video and then from the video the audio. Never had any troubles by loading audio that way.

Last edited by Deathcaster; 2009-06-08 at 11:23. Reason: Typo
Deathcaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 19:12   Link #354
Akatsuker
Forever Espada
*Fansubber

I've updated my Aegisub to the v2.1.6 Release Preview (SVN r2494,amz), and I notice that some plugins are not being loaded with my avs script on the Aegi's screen.
I mean, I see my script working fine on AvsP, but when I import the very same script to Aegisub, it keeps saying weird stuff, like, "avisynth factory, avisynth error, script error, there is no function named killvideo". Damn, killvideo/killaudio are standard ones for avisynth install, how couldn't it work like that?
Am I doing something wrong?

Thanx.
Akatsuker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 06:37   Link #355
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Aegisub uses its own avisynth.dll, not your system install. killvideo() was added in 2.5.7, Aegisub uses 2.5.6a. I think there was some obscure reason for not using a newer version but I can't remember what it was.

If you absolutely need the newer version, move the avisynth.dll in the Aegisub folder somewhere else (where Aegisub can't find it), or replace it with the one installed in %windir%/system32.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 06:51   Link #356
Volture

Hi,

How can I lock the position of for ex. a sign? Atm, when I try putting my subtitle over a sign, it moves along with the camera, while it needs to stay at one spot.

I've been googling for a few hours now and can't seem to find anything that could help.

Thanks in advance .
Volture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 07:02   Link #357
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volture View Post
Hi,

How can I lock the position of for ex. a sign? Atm, when I try putting my subtitle over a sign, it moves along with the camera, while it needs to stay at one spot.

I've been googling for a few hours now and can't seem to find anything that could help.

Thanks in advance .
That's a backwards way of thinking of it. The sign doesn't move along with "the camera", it sits still at a given coordinate in the video frame. If you want the sign to follow an object in the video, you need to make it move around in the video frame to follow the object that moves across the video frame. You can do this in several ways, but the simplest one is to use the \move override tag (which unfortunately isn't always sufficient, but that gives you somewhere to start at least).

Quote:
The wind was flapping a temple flag, and two monks started an argument.
One said the flag moved, the other said the wind moved;
they argued back and forth but could not reach a conclusion.
The Sixth Patriarch said, "It is not the wind that moves, it is not the flag that moves; it is your mind that moves."
The two monks were awe-struck.

Mumon's Comment
The sixth patriach said: "It is not the wind that moves, it is not the flag that moves; it is your mind that moves." What did he mean? If you understand this intimately, you will see the two monks there trying to buy iron and gaining gold. The sixth patriach could not bear to see those two dull heads, so he made such a bargain.

Wind, flag, mind moves.
The same understanding.
When the mouth opens
All are wrong.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read

Last edited by TheFluff; 2009-06-14 at 07:25.
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 07:19   Link #358
Volture

Wow, thanks for quick reply and help . Never thought it'd that simple actually . Thanks a bunch.

But lol, the quote was unnecessary. :")
Volture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 10:44   Link #359
Jimmy C

I ran into a curious problem while using Aegisub the other day. You can see it on this picture.

As you can see, all the lines are displayed at once even though they're actually continuous. This appears confined to Aegisub because the subs play properly in MPC. It also seems to be confined to this particular video, because I tried using another video with the same sub file and they displayed properly that time. Can anyone tell me what happened here and how can I avoid a repeat if possible?
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 11:17   Link #360
jfs
Aegisub dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
I ran into a curious problem while using Aegisub the other day. You can see it on this picture.

As you can see, all the lines are displayed at once even though they're actually continuous. This appears confined to Aegisub because the subs play properly in MPC. It also seems to be confined to this particular video, because I tried using another video with the same sub file and they displayed properly that time. Can anyone tell me what happened here and how can I avoid a repeat if possible?
Seems like some kind of bug, possibly related to timecodes in some way. (Please post things that look like bugs on our bug tracker.)
I think we had some changes related to that recently...
Try forcing timecodes away, Video -> Close Timecodes, I believe, see if that changes anything.

Tags
aegisub, help thread