AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

View Poll Results: Spice and Wolf II - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 63 57.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 30.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 9.09%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 2.73%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.91%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-13, 05:00   Link #21
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intranetusa View Post

Spoiler for Deanna and Horo:
Spoiler:
Old 2009-08-13, 05:17   Link #22
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
The arc's most memorable moments has to be watching Lawrence be so lame and keep failing and acting weak and having hilarious delusions.
Especially the two at the beginning of this episode. I laughed so hard at his reactions to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Aside from the lack of showing what happened to Amati after his defeat (it kind of irked me)
Lawrence did say that he didn't make that much of a loss, so i'm fine with just knowing that.

I'm going to miss Mark. He was one well written character, and played an important part in this arc. Plus he was tons of fun.
Old 2009-08-13, 05:50   Link #23
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Lawrence did say that he didn't make that much of a loss, so i'm fine with just knowing that.
really, Lawrence could have made such a big profit if Horo had not been such a brat, and he actually lost money again.
Old 2009-08-13, 06:07   Link #24
Mr. Anime

i dont think he lost money, think about it, he buyed pyrite and sold it when its value was at its peak, so i think lawrence did gain a lot. Moreover he made a fortune because of the credit thing. the only thing that he couldnt get were the 1000 coins from amaty. nevertheless the outcome was a success concerning his business and personal affairs.

Great episode canīt w8 for the next since starting from now the novels arent translated and i dont know what ll happen (rly liked the preview^^)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenger1589 View Post
S&W continuous to be a show that I can't get enough of, every episode feels shorter than the usual anime because I want more.
THESE ARE EXACTLY MY THOUGHTS, 20minutes appear like 5 when i am watching SaW
Old 2009-08-13, 06:23   Link #25
kniteowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirocco View Post

The relationship between Horo and Lawrence now progresses to the next stage of intimacy, especially with the reveal in which Horo overhears Lawrence questioning about gods mating with humans - and of course that love-bite that Horo inflicts on grateful Lawrence. Although Lawrence isn't a social butterfly, he accepts what he is but won't let that deter him from following his heart, traveling with Horo, even if the journey's end has an unanswered question...what will she do when she reaches home...?
Obviously make babies with Lawrence to repopulate her kind :P.... lol
Old 2009-08-13, 06:28   Link #26
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Anime View Post
i dont think he lost money, think about it, he buyed pyrite and sold it when its value was at its peak, so i think lawrence did gain a lot.
We weren't talking about Lawrence.
Old 2009-08-13, 06:35   Link #27
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swine Flu View Post
Wow, really great episode. But when Lawrence asked Horo what she would do after returning to her hometown she didnt reply. That kinda bugs me. Also, where did Horo get the money to buy the pyrite from? Amati?
I would guess she bought it on credit at the then current price. She then sold the pryite at the same time Lawrence did, so Horo should have come out ahead since the price had gone up a lot. Horo just needs to then pay Deanna for the pryite at the price she bought it for. Deanna takes a loss based on what she could have gotten for it, but since the pyrite had already gone up in value when she sold to Horo, she still comes out ahead and she can buy back the same amount of pyrite at a much lower price once the market stabilizes. That's assuming of course that Deanna even cares much about the money, and didn't do it as a favor to a fellow god.
Old 2009-08-13, 07:05   Link #28
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
I would guess she bought it on credit at the then current price. She then sold the pryite at the same time Lawrence did, so Horo should have come out ahead since the price had gone up a lot. Horo just needs to then pay Deanna for the pryite at the price she bought it for. Deanna takes a loss based on what she could have gotten for it, but since the pyrite had already gone up in value when she sold to Horo, she still comes out ahead and she can buy back the same amount of pyrite at a much lower price once the market stabilizes. That's assuming of course that Deanna even cares much about the money, and didn't do it as a favor to a fellow god.
Yeah that's pretty much how it went. It's not like Horo needed cash to get the pyrite since she could pay for it with the money she got from selling it. Credit can be nice when it doesn't nearly break you financially like it did for Lawrence last arc.

It was a pretty nice conclusion for things. Definitely a stressful time for Lawrence right to the end. Getting the news that he couldn't get the pyrite from Deanna really hit him hard. Guy was just about to throw in the towel and give up. All the work hinged on having enough pyrite to pull off his plan. Thank god for Lanto being there. Lawrence was right last episode in that his fate might rest on that kid's shoulders.

Was great when he made that final sale and Horo just dropped down that larger sack of pyrite. Of course he couldn't resist making that comment about Deanna and getting a punch to the side .

Didn't really care all that much about Amati so the limited coverage of his fate was fine. He wasn't busted financially and may have learned a lesson along the way. At least he knows more about buying on credit now . No pity from Horo due to something he said. Probably a knock on Lawrence that upset her.

Last 10 minutes was fun to watch though. Loved the bit about asking Lawrence if he knew where he went wrong. "Yes. I do. Probably" . But yeah this event was full of misunderstandings. Horo hoping Lawrence would confront her due to the marriage certificate being signed and Lawrence misunderstanding that "I'm sorry." Really put us all through a tense situation because of it. On the positive it let Lawrence figure out his feelings.

I really do love this show.
Old 2009-08-13, 07:12   Link #29
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Wait, so we spent like 5 episodes about a tale of Economics 101 with the most basic ideas of credit buying/selling? Jeez. At least the Horo backstory is moving... at a snail's pace, but still.
Old 2009-08-13, 07:42   Link #30
aulzon

I feel a bit sorry for Amarti after this episode but it was really nice to see Lawrence and Horo back together.
Old 2009-08-13, 08:37   Link #31
typhonsentra

Such a wonderful ending to this story. But man, I wish the episode preview gave a better hint for which story was coming next and how they'll segue into it.
Old 2009-08-13, 09:08   Link #32
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
No wonder why I was bewitched by Deanna...so she isn't human afterall! And I just love how the entire arc ended with such an amusing twist. So it was Deanna pulling the strings from behind the scenes to test Lawrence and there seems to be some sort of mutual dislike going on between Horo and her...either it is the fact that a wolf god and a bird god aren't good together or that Deanna has taken a sort of fancy to Lawrence (but nothing passed that). Still, it is a shame that this seems to be it for her screen time unless she still has a bigger role to preform.

So in the end, Lawrence failed the test in my eyes. He isn't the brightest businessman there and relies too much on others for help. If it wasn't for that kid to snap him out of his childish "all hope is lost" mind set, Amarti would have won. Such a shame that Amarti became such a big roadkill too and the leaving words were "you shouldn't steal someone else's woman"...talk about harsh

But at least everything is baack to nomal. I just wish the mating would happen soon

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2009-08-13, 09:44   Link #33
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I may have cried like the little bitch that I am at least once during this episode. I will likely watch it again later, and if I cry like a little girl I will be sure I cried the first time.

Horo's right, Lawrence would have rather brought himself to a catatonic state with all his paranoid delusions of whatever between Horo and Amati. Then again, it sort of goes to show just how she means to him, considering that the mere thought of her and Amati being together drives him up the wall.

It was a great wrap up to this arc. Mark's little assistant knows what he's saying and as Lawrence says he's embarassed that a little kid had to tell him. Sure things were looking bleak that afternoon and he was close to losing the bet, but the fact of the matter is the fat lady hasn't yet sung the proverbial song. If Lawrence really wanted to be with Horo he would have fought until the end of all ends, even if he had to pull some ridiculous move out of his own ass. At the end of the day he thought if he had to lose what he earned driving down the pyrite prices by selling at a loss, he would gladly, because there's one cargo he's betting his entire existence on. On that moment, who would have thought that Horo had a plan of her own?

Lawrence's Gambit + Horo's Gambit = Amati getting pwned big time.

Again as Horo says, it all falls to trust. This is again indicative of Lawrence's perceptions of human relations. Sure he trusts his business partners but only to a degree; he's always cautious and on his guard that someone might pull one over on him at some point. Therefore, he can't trust anyone explicitly, even Horo. This was pretty much got him into this whole problem to begin with. If he trusted Horo, and his friends, then he'd have gotten a big fat deal out of Amati's naivete. The irony of it all is that Lawrence himself is the naive one.

Apparently it's time for the real meat of everything for this season. I'm hoping we don't have to wait for so long again if ever we get more seasons out of this.

If I have to wait another goddamn year for the next seasons you'll likely find my fly-infested and dehydrated corpse in my room, dead from complications arising from Horo-withdrawal.

Also, the next episode preview is a big pile of HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGG.
Old 2009-08-13, 10:56   Link #34
Tubby

"Ill never forgive what that guy for what he said"

Is it written in the Novels what Amati said to her?
I wonder what he told her.
Old 2009-08-13, 11:07   Link #35
PNGO
#1 in ♦YouR♦ ♥HuRt♥ ♂

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Wait, so we spent like 5 episodes about a tale of Economics 101 with the most basic ideas of credit buying/selling? Jeez. At least the Horo backstory is moving... at a snail's pace, but still.
Basically... I love the show and all but they spent so many episodes for this. And I kinda expected more out of all this Horo emotional breakdown, I know they got closer and all but for all these episodes I just expected something bigger.

Btw I can't wait for the next episode, the preview got my hopes very high
Old 2009-08-13, 12:07   Link #36
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Another excellent episode ... despite my joy of seeing Horo in action after a long week, I must say that the show does no justice to its secondary cast which very interesting, despite their short appearance. I want more Daena, Nora and Chloe

Also, the art is a little off as a couple of posters have already mentioned, but the strength of the show lays with its story and characters IMHO ... let the masses worship K-ON
Old 2009-08-13, 12:08   Link #37
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I'm going to miss Mark. He was one well written character, and played an important part in this arc. Plus he was tons of fun.
Me too. He was really growing on me as a character and I after all this I find myself wanting to see more of him. There were some great conversations betwwen him and Lawrence.
Old 2009-08-13, 13:12   Link #38
Echoes

Great resolution to a very enjoyable arc. There's nothing quite like an episode of this series. And thus begins the long, looong wait for the next episode.
Old 2009-08-13, 13:20   Link #39
otacu
Flag forever

It's one of the rare times when i wish there was a "11" rating.

Old 2009-08-13, 14:30   Link #40
Filozof

and who told you to trust horo!? sorry I had too.
aaah such a great conclusion, I loved it!
+1 on otacu's post, 11/10
Closed Thread