AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-22, 09:07   Link #61
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Just so you know that Ranka has green hair too and she never had a chance either... She was also a very happy girl too.

Hmm... Happy and Green Hair.
I haven't watch Frontier til the end (I'm at the point where Ranka left Frontier with that ugly Vajra thing and Brera) but Ranka's case is different.

1 ) First Sheryl suffers too.
2) Brera is still here to cheer on Ranka.
3) Apparently bad things are going to happen to Ranka but she brings them on herself. Leaving with this Vajra thing is an incredibely dumb thing to do.
4) Sheryl is an awesome girl and it's easy to see why she won over Ranka. I cannot think of a single valuable reason to choose Mikono over Zessica.

Zessica :
1) Suffers with no one to help her, just a Gayngel to torture her even more.
2) did nothing wrong at all. I think what she tried to do in 18 was a noble sacrifice who would have benefitted to anyone. But Mix has to dumbly to intervene *sigh* The worst she ever did was wearing that ugly dress.
3) Does Mikono suffer ? Does Mikono try to further her relationship to Amata ? No and no.
Old 2012-06-22, 09:40   Link #62
mayumi

at this point, i just don't want her to die. she can live and fall in love with someone else who truly deserves her. i just wish that someone would have been there in EVOL from the start so we didn't have to see her suffer so much.
Old 2012-06-23, 01:51   Link #63
Destined_Fate

That was because Ranka came before EVOL. Clearly Ranka wasn't made to suffer enough so Zessica had to take up the slack. I'm kidding but still funny that both losers were happy green haired girls that never had a chance no matter what they do or say.

Well, Mikono is just a horribly written character compared to Sheryl.
Old 2012-06-24, 17:26   Link #64
bastek66

Greens don't have luck at Kawamori's
Spoiler for suffering:

This weekend was full of Happy Asspull ending
Spoiler for long picture:

Zessica joined elite club of popular girls that lost.
Spoiler for big picture:
Old 2012-06-24, 17:40   Link #65
Destined_Fate

So if Kawamori makes another series with a Green Haired girl we should all expect her to lose and go through unneeded suffering.
Old 2012-06-24, 18:59   Link #66
Korps!
Ikarechimattaze!

So... Zessica-Mikono color reverse was just... nothing. Oh.
Old 2012-06-24, 19:03   Link #67
Destined_Fate

Seems so. We can't even hope for an OVA to give Zessica a happy ending either.

Though if we did get an OVA it would be straight Amata x Mikono, maybe not as dumb as the series version, and poor Zessica getting kicked even harder. Why must Kawamori abuse the green haired girls?
Old 2012-06-24, 19:39   Link #68
bastek66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korps! View Post
So... Zessica-Mikono color reverse was just... nothing. Oh.
On first promos she had blue. They probably changed it for tease.
Old 2012-06-24, 20:05   Link #69
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

The difference is that Ranka deserved to lose and MF was well executed whereas in Evol it's the opposite. If he has some grudge against greens, he should make them lose because they deserve to Poor Zessica, though I've come to the conclusion that she's better off without Amata, who is literally less than half a man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
On first promos she had blue. They probably changed it for tease.
They should've left them blue. It looks much better, making her look normal instead of like a canon sue (which, uhm, technically, she is. The Bella Swann kind). The only justification for having purple-green eyes was there being some significance to it but meh.
I'm know I'm nitpicking a little but this has been bugging me

Btw wow, I've seen a total of two positive opinions about the show as of now.
Old 2012-06-25, 02:01   Link #70
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
The difference is that Ranka deserved to lose and MF was well executed whereas in Evol it's the opposite. If he has some grudge against greens, he should make them lose because they deserve to Poor Zessica, though I've come to the conclusion that she's better off without Amata, who is literally less than half a man.
Besides Ranka's sufferings serve a strong plot point. Zessica's was completelly pointless.

Quote:
[They should've left them blue. It looks much better, making her look normal instead of like a canon sue (which, uhm, technically, she is. The Bella Swann kind). The only justification for having purple-green eyes was there being some significance to it but meh.
I'm know I'm nitpicking a little but this has been bugging me

Btw wow, I've seen a total of two positive opinions about the show as of now.

Mikono's nice design is all is left to her, since she never was to be useful. At all. She didn't even have a say in that awful love triangle she was at the center of. Don't be so mean.

She isn't a Bella kind though. There is no wish fulfillment into having her getting Amata. A sexy vampire yes. A clingy Amata, no.
Old 2012-06-25, 07:28   Link #71
ZetaAEUG

Come on guys Kawamori doesn't hate all the green, after all there was always
Spoiler for Macross:
Old 2012-06-25, 07:52   Link #72
Destined_Fate

It's a transition. He didn't hate Green than, something happened and now any girl that has green hair has been getting the shaft by Kawamori ever since.
Old 2012-06-25, 13:30   Link #73
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
Besides Ranka's sufferings serve a strong plot point. Zessica's was completelly pointless.
Exactly. And of course Alto actually cared for Ranka, whereas Amata barely remembers Zessica's name..

Quote:
Mikono's nice design is all is left to her, since she never was to be useful. At all. She didn't even have a say in that awful love triangle she was at the center of. Don't be so mean.
Ok ._.
(lol I just think the blue eyes looked much more appealing whereas to me, the green-purple ones look weird)

Quote:
She isn't a Bella kind though. There is no wish fulfillment into having her getting Amata. A sexy vampire yes. A clingy Amata, no.
I disagree. Edward is, if anything, even worse than Amata. He's obsessive, controlling, abusive, extremely creepy, constantly constipated, and has the personality of a stick. He's the kind of guy any sensible girl would get a restraining order for. And possibly go into witness protection.
Amata is just one-track minded, a bit clingy and a bit creepy. He never crossed the line, so at the very least he's a bit more desirable as a boyfriend.
Mikono probably isn't as dumb as Bella, and nowhere near as obsessed, clingy, dependent or nuts, but she's mirroring her uselessness and how bland she is as a person.

On a whole, Mikono and Amata only compare to Bella and Edward on the surface, as neither is as bad as the latter... but on said surface, it's a valid comparison
Old 2012-06-25, 15:34   Link #74
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
Exactly. And of course Alto actually cared for Ranka, whereas Amata barely remembers Zessica's name..

Ok ._.
(lol I just think the blue eyes looked much more appealing whereas to me, the green-purple ones look weird)

I disagree. Edward is, if anything, even worse than Amata. He's obsessive, controlling, abusive, extremely creepy, constantly constipated, and has the personality of a stick. He's the kind of guy any sensible girl would get a restraining order for. And possibly go into witness protection.
Amata is just one-track minded, a bit clingy and a bit creepy. He never crossed the line, so at the very least he's a bit more desirable as a boyfriend.
Mikono probably isn't as dumb as Bella, and nowhere near as obsessed, clingy, dependent or nuts, but she's mirroring her uselessness and how bland she is as a person.

On a whole, Mikono and Amata only compare to Bella and Edward on the surface, as neither is as bad as the latter... but on said surface, it's a valid comparison
I couldn't read past chapter 2 because Bella was such an ungrateful unsufferable whiner, so I never really knew how behaved the vampire (I just know that Pattison looks good).

Terribly sexist romance in both case ?
Old 2012-06-25, 17:29   Link #75
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
I couldn't read past chapter 2 because Bella was such an ungrateful unsufferable whiner, so I never really knew how behaved the vampire (I just know that Pattison looks good).

Terribly sexist romance in both case ?
Well, I read it so I can legitimately say it's trash (as in "that's why I read it"). I had to force myself though, it's just absolutely awful. Especially when Jacob, the rival in the love triangle drops Bella...
Spoiler for twilight:
No comment.
Or the part where she's delighted the 107 year old virgin vampire snuck into her bedroom before he knew her... to watch her sleep.

Twilight is a million times worse than Evol, although especially Zessica has many things in common with Jacob- they're both the people who do genuine stuff for the object of their affections, and get passed over for a bore. I was just glad there were no newborns in Evol for Zess to latch onto..

Last edited by Faerie; 2012-06-26 at 05:34.
Old 2012-06-25, 17:56   Link #76
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Amata and Mikono's relationship have the same weak basis as Bella and Edwards.

Amata and Mikono: A joke about waiting 12,000 years for each other.

Edward and Bella: Edward can't read Bella's mind. Although personally I don't think it's cause she's hard to figure out. I think it's just cause nothing's going on up there.

Basically it's love at first sight. Both relationships are laughable because of how poorly they're developed.

Puppy love
Old 2012-07-02, 21:06   Link #77
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

You know what? I'm leaning towards Kagura x Zessica atm. He's at least more than half a man, and the rest of him is one mean BEAST. And he's not even an albino emo like Accelerator!

Plus that little look Zess sends Kagura just before Amata spoils the scene? Now that's Priceless.
Old 2012-07-02, 23:26   Link #78
Destined_Fate

I'm' still not convinced, still a bit rushed/forced. Hopefully it's elaborated on so Zessica can at least be on a happy note after the dust settles. If anyone deserved a happy ending it is her.
Old 2012-07-03, 08:37   Link #79
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Honestly I feel sorry for Zessica but Amata has gotten "love at first sight" with Mikono at the very start. I praised her for still wishing Amata's happiness.

I was just wondering, I thought that there might be a sequel for this one... I think I read 8,000 years mentioned by Zessica and probably that will be her chance just as Pollon after Apollonius.
Old 2012-07-03, 10:46   Link #80
mayumi

Chances of zessica getting with amata 12000 yrs later is probably never going to happen. I think amata-mikono should move on this life and no reincarnation possibility. Zessica mistakes shushu reincarnation as amata and they fall in love.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters