AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-06-04, 20:51   Link #1181
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Amazingly, Akamatsu-sensei gets the cultural background of Reki's people fairly accurately....The Lake Baikal area was Xiongnu territory in ancient times until annexed by Russia. I'm dying to see Reki in Soviet uniform now....
so that explains her with a Russian sniper rifle. say was the one who annexed Lake Baikal Catherine or Peter? The Mongols interacting with Russian Cossacks and challenging them to throwing axes will be GLORIOUS!
Old 2011-06-04, 21:12   Link #1182
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Amazingly, Akamatsu-sensei gets the cultural background of Reki's people fairly accurately....The Lake Baikal area was Xiongnu territory in ancient times until annexed by Russia. I'm dying to see Reki in Soviet uniform now....
Well, I think that it's in history books. I don't think the author quitted highschool, so he should at least know some notions. Though I want other cultures and languages be more 'useful' or 'significant' to the plot like the book's contents in Bungaku Shoujo. Reki's Arc is fine, but others...well, I just get the feeling that there's no important means to the story.

Well, you can't expect everything to be used, so that will be it.
Old 2011-06-04, 21:24   Link #1183
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
so that explains her with a Russian sniper rifle. say was the one who annexed Lake Baikal Catherine or Peter? The Mongols interacting with Russian Cossacks and challenging them to throwing axes will be GLORIOUS!
The SVD she's holding do explains something. She was being active in Russia and China for a reason (probably also the reason she wanted to get some SVD ammo from these countries). Speaking of "sweeper", could this mean a bounty hunter or something? Still, wasn't it supposed that Soviet Union has ceased to exist for years before she was born? Better instead, a Russian uniform will do.

Well, don't mind if I'm being this straight and factual.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-04, 21:25   Link #1184
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
The SVD she's holding do explains something. She was being active in Russia and China for a reason (probably also the reason she wanted to get some SVD ammo from these countries). Speaking of "sweeper", could this mean a bounty hunter or something?
Assassin. AKA sanctioned executioner.
Old 2011-06-04, 21:33   Link #1185
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Assassin. AKA sanctioned executioner.
Assassin or a "hitman", eh. Since a part of her Butei profile record is highly classified, is this mean that many of her records were "written in black inks" or highlighted in black inks"?
Old 2011-06-04, 21:43   Link #1186
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Assassin or a "hitman", eh. Since a part of her Butei profile record is highly classified, is this mean that many of her records were "written in black inks" or highlighted in black inks"?
Possibly....
Old 2011-06-04, 22:01   Link #1187
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Maybe because she has a several notorious records in the profile. That's what I think.
Old 2011-06-04, 22:01   Link #1188
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Possibly....
well theres that, and the possibility that theres something deep going on... if her records have a high level censoring, she must be one....

inb4 Cosmic is actually an awesome sharpshooter
Old 2011-06-04, 22:14   Link #1189
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
well theres that, and the possibility that theres something deep going on... if her records have a high level censoring, she must be one....

inb4 Cosmic is actually an awesome sharpshooter
恥ずかしいね。。。

Over 400m only.....I haven't actually tried longer range combat shooting since my unit doesn't send us for those. Any shot that hits over 800m is worthy of utmost respect though.

You know if Kinji actually repopulate's Reki's people...and they form a new nation like what the Mongols or Abkhaz did...yeah, he can be Eternal Saviour of the ex Soviet Republic of the Ulus and President for Life

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2011-06-04 at 22:38.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-04, 22:53   Link #1190
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
恥ずかしいね。。。

Over 400m only.....I haven't actually tried longer range combat shooting since my unit doesn't send us for those. Any shot that hits over 800m is worthy of utmost respect though.

You know if Kinji actually repopulate's Reki's people...and they form a new nation like what the Mongols or Abkhaz did...yeah, he can be Eternal Saviour of the ex Soviet Republic of the Ulus and President for Life
If one can reach 800m with ye old 7.62x51 and hit the target accurately, I salute the shooter.

Kinji in HS mode will probably make Zohan proud, as he is the epitome of a prodigy (he cant surpass Reki in terms of sniping with an old bullet thats marked for 800m but exceeds 2km.

good heavens, Cosmic... that MUST NOT happen...

I need to ask tho... what would Reki do if Haimaki found a female wolf (btw what was he again?) and had a pack...
Old 2011-06-04, 22:56   Link #1191
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
I need to ask tho... what would Reki do if Haimaki found a female wolf (btw what was he again?) and had a pack...
She'd be jealous of Haimaki since she will have less children with Kinji than 'her' with a random wolf.
Old 2011-06-04, 23:01   Link #1192
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
If one can reach 800m with ye old 7.62x51 and hit the target accurately, I salute the shooter.

Kinji in HS mode will probably make Zohan proud, as he is the epitome of a prodigy (he cant surpass Reki in terms of sniping with an old bullet thats marked for 800m but exceeds 2km.

Is possible. I've achieved quite reasonable groupings firing single shot tracers from FN MAG GPMG over 700 at night. I'm sure I could do better with a scope but this is not the proper use of a GPMG...

Hamaki is some nigh extinct Caucasian Silver wolf. Just like Reki herself I suppose.

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2011-06-05 at 00:20.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-04, 23:09   Link #1193
mysterious

Quote:
I think she would just trained them as pet like their father and mother. Well, I assume the wife of your pet is your pet, and the number of wolves that follow Kinji around just increased

Even though he doesnt rival that of Touma with his over 9000 cloned sisters, Kinji is slowly catching up with the 47 sisters of Ulus. Maybe with the hysteria mode in the Toyhama bloodline, Kinji will be the first person to have a son with the Ulus

Last edited by mysterious; 2011-06-05 at 01:03.
mysterious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 01:09   Link #1194
MiMi_B

Quote:
I'll have Reki as a guard over anyone else of the girls honestly....Sniper only provides limited protection? Maybe if it were a simple marksman but she's an accomplished scout as well. Honestly, what the hell could Aria have done against a sniper attack? Shirayuki maybe could cut the bullets if she reacts in time since she's fast enough to but even then she's sorely limited against an extreme ranged opponent.
LOL It seems I am the only one Reki failed to enchant with her charms during the event in Vol 6-7.

I meant Reki's protection is limited as in a single sniper vs. a team of people including herself (plus support like Muto).

It's true she isn't the only one who's being selfish and getting Kinji almost killed - can't agree more on not a single girl behaving normal or reasonable. What puts Reki above other girls in terms of selfishness is her selfish/irrational decisions despite having outstanding perception of the surroundings and capability to "think and judge" while keeping her emotions in check.
MiMi_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 01:39   Link #1195
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiMi_B View Post
LOL It seems I am the only one Reki failed to enchant with her charms during the event in Vol 6-7.

I meant Reki's protection is limited as in a single sniper vs. a team of people including herself (plus support like Muto).

It's true she isn't the only one who's being selfish and getting Kinji almost killed - can't agree more on not a single girl behaving normal or reasonable. What puts Reki above other girls in terms of selfishness is her selfish/irrational decisions despite having outstanding perception of the surroundings and capability to "think and judge" while keeping her emotions in check.
Wrong. Reki is a child beneath everything and she's a child whose people are on the verge of extinction. Such a person obviously won't make the wisest decisions.
Old 2011-06-05, 02:03   Link #1196
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

There's already a note for Ulus, made by Kira.

If you're fine with changing it, then by all means, go ahead.

As for 「致命傷」, I'll change it to 'severely injured' or the like, but it's true that without Hotogi intervention, she would have died.

The line in my signature wasn't taken from anybody.

このときに、この二人は独自の世界を展開・・・
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 02:10   Link #1197
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterious View Post
I think she would just trained them as pet like their father and mother. Well, I assume the wife of your pet is your pet, and the number of wolves that follow Kinji around just increased

Even though he doesnt rival that of Touma with his over 9000 cloned sisters, Kinji is slowly catching up with the 47 sisters of Ulus. Maybe with the hysteria mode in the Toyhama bloodline, Kinji will be the first person to have a son with the Ulus
or the girls involved with him will have his descendant...

a female HS mode user could have serious (?!) issues liek acting the yuri mode
Old 2011-06-05, 02:53   Link #1198
mysterious

But you know, if they are worried about being extinct, with the technology level in Hidan no Aria world, couldnt they just bought sperms from the sperm bank and get pregnant that way? I am pretty sure if they continue to do it for a few generations, extinction is the least of their worries.Also, they could get sperms of strong people from famous linage either by money or force. It is much better than to marry some random guy that may treat you like dirt.

Suddenly, I have this crack idea that what Reki does oversea isnt sweeper but kidnaps males ... *get sniped from 2015 meters way*
mysterious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 03:25   Link #1199
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Sperms of suitable people doesn't guarantee the best results right away either, considering that there is a couple of (rather arguable) living proof in the novels right now. Having the combination can mean the complete opposite in effect. Although it will get somewhere, the issue is time and money.

Besides, I really doubt that both the Russians and the Chinese would be very, very happy about repopulation of a race that have rather serious side effects if allowed.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 04:14   Link #1200
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:

Shoot a target in over 2km with a low-caliber sniper rifle or a DMR seems... impractically extraordinary, atypical in real-life situation.

Comparing 7.62x51mm with 7.62x54mmR, how can you say the difference between these two? Since the NATO-made rimless 7.62mm can be different compare to the over 100 years old Russian-made rimmed 7.62mm in terms of ballistics performances.

By the way, who's Zohan?

Quote:
Is possible. I've achieved quite reasonable groupings firing single shot tracers from FN MAG GPMG over 700 at night. I'm sure I could do better with a scope but this is not the proper use of a GPMG...

Hamaki is some nigh extinct Caucasian Silver wolf. Just like Reki herself I suppose.
Sounds... remarkable for you, I say. However, I do saw other country uses scope on a GPMG and even heavy machine gun, particularly Russia. Use scope and night vision scope on them in the field in some occasion. Though like you said, it seems impractical to equip a scope on a GPMG. By the way, how about use a night vision scope on FN MAG?

Besides, any info about Hamaki?

Tags
action, detectives, guns, harem, lolis, mf bunko j, romance, shounen