AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-05-25, 16:47   Link #61
Frontier

Rin and Kagura. There's an interesting pairing. Although they don't seem to be gal pals so much as casual acquaintances living together, despite Kagura's efforts to bond with Rin. And Rin had some pointed words to say about Kagura's love for Kyo, so maybe Kagura shouldn't have mentioned Haru ?

I guess Kagura is another Sohma who seems to have a decent parent, since she seems to actually care about Kagura (even when she destroys their house) and took Rin in. Which begs the question what happened to Rin's parents .

Way to kill the mood, ocean .

Is it just me or did Kisa seem to be staring intently at Momiji after seeing him naked ?

So by process of elimination, Kureno is apparently the Rooster Zodiac who seems to have some sort of favoritism from Akito. He's so protected that Akito keeps him away from the other Sohma's and was keeping him away from Tohru, because he knows what happens when Tohru meets Sohma's .

Akito is also viewing Tohru more as a threat to the current order of the Zodiac, or at least nuisance that Akito is planning to eventually squash like a bug when he's had his fill of Tohru healing the Zodiac from all their mental trauma .

I really feel like Kyo hasn't done much to earn Yuki throwing his superiority in his face. Like, sure, Kyo has a temper but he's more self-aware then people give him credit for, and as bad as Yuki has it with Akito, at least Akito sees Yuki as human (if as more of an object he can torture then an individual). I don't think Kyo deserved that .

I feel like it's been a while since we've seen any of the Sohma's transform, but we get to see Momiji transform and get a gander at Rin in her horse form. Even as a horse she's beautiful and some really luscious locks .

Naked Rin! No wonder Tohru was impressed .

Yuki really seems to be looking out for the rest of the Zodiac. He was concerned about Haru and went out of his way to help Rin. Maybe he could turn some of that consideration over to Kyo ?

Rin, I'm sure you have every right to an emotional outburst over how frustrated and angry you are...but try not to take it out on the clothes that were lent to you. I guess it's got to be inconvenient for her that her transformation is the only one that ruins her clothes because her horse form is so big .

I'm not expecting anything good to come from a conversation between Akito and Kyo .
Old 2020-05-25, 18:32   Link #62
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I guess Kagura is another Sohma who seems to have a decent parent, since she seems to actually care about Kagura (even when she destroys their house) and took Rin in. Which begs the question what happened to Rin's parents .
I thought it was pretty funny how she looked as if Kagura destroying her house was something she was used to

Quote:
Akito is also viewing Tohru more as a threat to the current order of the Zodiac, or at least nuisance that Akito is planning to eventually squash like a bug when he's had his fill of Tohru healing the Zodiac from all their mental trauma .
At this point, it feels like his grand plan is to let everyone come to love Tohru, then take her away from them in grand fashion. He seems to feed off of the despair of the other Zodiacs, and I can imagine particularly how everyone would feel if Tohru got hurt(ie. they'd[or Akito himself] blame themselves, even if its Akito's fault). Even if it wasn't canon, I still strongly remember the events of the original anime's last half of the episode 26 and it certainly makes me fear the worse of this situation(those that saw it, know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
I really feel like Kyo hasn't done much to earn Yuki throwing his superiority in his face. Like, sure, Kyo has a temper but he's more self-aware then people give him credit for, and as bad as Yuki has it with Akito, at least Akito sees Yuki as human (if as more of an object he can torture then an individual). I don't think Kyo deserved that .
Yeah that was.... excessive. I get that he probably was worried at Kyo provoking Akito into hurting Tohru(its what he does to women important to the male Zodiacs it seems), but the excess smug was unnecessary. Its like the Akito is coming out of him... or it could be just jealously he doesn't know how to deal with.

Quote:
I feel like it's been a while since we've seen any of the Sohma's transform, but we get to see Momiji transform and get a gander at Rin in her horse form. Even as a horse she's beautiful and some really luscious locks .
I was actually expecting him to be pissed off Rin almost knocked Tohru's face off. It seemed inconsistent for him to be angry at Kyo potentially getting Tohru hurt via Akito, but does nothing when Rin directly attacks her =01. I guess there were other factors at play when it came down to Kyo(inferiority complex in regards to Tohru, for example).

Quote:
Rin, I'm sure you have every right to an emotional outburst over how frustrated and angry you are...but try not to take it out on the clothes that were lent to you. I guess it's got to be inconvenient for her that her transformation is the only one that ruins her clothes because her horse form is so big .
I know all Zodiac have their reasons for what they do. Nonetheless, I still have to say it; what a b---h . I mean, Kyo entered in a similar fashion, but at least he tried to be civil when treated with courtesy. Nearly taking Tohru's face off doesn't make me think too highly of this Rin char, and no matter how tragic her backstory might be, the author is really going to have to put her writing skills to the test to get me to have sympathy for her at this point.

Quote:
I'm not expecting anything good to come from a conversation between Akito and Kyo .
I'm actually expecting Kyo to really stand up for himself. Tohru has accepted his monster side, and he's on proper relations with his father(the sensei; name escapes me); that's all he really needs for his confidence. I don't think he'll go too far off the rails cause of Yuki's warning(ie. worry of putting Tohru in danger), but I don't feel that he'll curl into a ball and self-pity like the Yuki of old or Kureno. Hell, I don't even think Yuki would do that at this point.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-25, 18:52   Link #63
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Akito talking about other people being deluded is hilarious. I'm hoping that unlike the rest of the Zodiacs who just take the abuse (be it verbal or physical) standing down, Kyo will actually fight back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
It seems to me it wasn't only anger, but also the clothes being too tight
Old 2020-05-25, 20:53   Link #64
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well finely get to see a lot of Rin and even in her animal form kind of wondering if she walked all the way to the beach

Its good to see Kagura again
Old 2020-05-25, 21:19   Link #65
Wandering Soul

Yuki was more calm about Rin nearly kicking off Tohru's face than I expected. He showed more anger when warning Kyo about not getting Tohru involved with Akito.

I'm really interested in seeing Kyo's meeting with Akito. He's come really far and I can see him definitely stand up Akito without going too far like Yuki was worried he would.
Old 2020-05-26, 04:02   Link #66
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Yeah that was.... excessive. I get that he probably was worried at Kyo provoking Akito into hurting Tohru(its what he does to women important to the male Zodiacs it seems), but the excess smug was unnecessary. Its like the Akito is coming out of him... or it could be just jealously he doesn't know how to deal with.
It could simply be his way of making Kyo take things seriously.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-26, 04:24   Link #67
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Overthinking. Yuki is, at heart, an arrogant SOB. He was just being himself.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-26, 10:09   Link #68
Frontier

I think Yuki has a bad habit of being overly-condescending and elitist when it comes to Kyo. I mean, Kyo has a bad attitude around Yuki but he has enough to feel self-conscious about and suffered from that he doesn't need to hear Yuki's insults. So far Kyo is the only Sohma Yuki barely shows any real empathy for and Rin almost took Tohru's head off.

Of course, Kyo still judges Yuki for being The Rat so that probably doesn't help.
Old 2020-05-26, 13:17   Link #69
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Overthinking. Yuki is, at heart, an arrogant SOB. He was just being himself.
I dunno, I can't say I feel that to be true, at least not to the extent your words are making it out to be. Seeing how he behaves with everyone else, then seeing the stint with Kyo, its hard to justify him being an sob just from that, esp when he already established that he hated him(this was very early in the series, but I don't think their relationship changed all that much outside the orbit known as Tohru ). Now that I think about it, if anything, after his meeting with Akito, it feels like he's less reserve and more forward about his feelings, for better or for worse D0=. I assuming there were other moments in the series that made you think of him this way, but none come to mind immediately for me. Yuki has been generally reserved most of the time.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-26, 13:19   Link #70
ginger02

Man I’m loving Kyo a lot, especially this latest episode.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-27, 07:21   Link #71
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 3:

not much to say except Tohru-chan looks beautiful in that white dress!
Liddo-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-01, 14:04   Link #72
sikvod00

Well, the only thing I can sort of agree with Akito on is that Tohru's capacity to empathize with others is monstrous and inhuman. But to be fair, the extraordinary circumstances of the zodiaz family, normal-level empathy just doesn't cut it.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-01, 17:31   Link #73
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Are we supposed to understand Akito's power over the others? Why don't characters like Kyo just tell him to f-off? Akito's being head of the family doesn't seem sufficient to explain the deference he receives, especially since he's an asshole. Is there more, but I've missed it?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-01, 18:48   Link #74
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This was the most emotional episode I've seen all year. I was teared-eyed from the flashback with Shisho to the ending. It wasn't even sadness, but a mix of different emotions. Kyo is such a compelling character.

I found it funny that the only "advantage" Yuki had over Kyo, which is being hat boy, was made irrelevant with the reveal Kyo knew Kyoko very well and had been watching Tohru from afar for years. Until now, we only knew he was present when she died, and I had assumed he was just a passerby who tried to help her. Her "I won't forgive you" is concerning and is clearly weighing Kyo down a lot, but I'm pretty sure there's a misunderstanding somewhere. Maybe she meant to say "if you don't make my daughter happy, I won't forgive you" or something along those lines.

The reveal that his duels with Yuki are going to decide his fate was big too. He seems to have given up, but as the deadline draws closer and his love for Tohru increases even more, I'm sure he'll strive to change his fate again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Are we supposed to understand Akito's power over the others? Why don't characters like Kyo just tell him to f-off? Akito's being head of the family doesn't seem sufficient to explain the deference he receives, especially since he's an asshole. Is there more, but I've missed it?
It's obvious to me he's supposed to the reincarnation of the person who first held the banquet for the Zodiacs, since he's the one inviting them every year. Probably has supernatural powers that prevent Zodiacs from hurting him, otherwise he would have been beaten up or worse a long time ago. There's only so much shit a person can take.
Old 2020-06-01, 20:15   Link #75
Frontier

Now it's time for Kyo to have a deep, emotional, internal realization of his relationship with Tohru, but whereas Yuki just realized Tohru's important to him...Kyo finally put it into words that he loves Tohru .

Is it just me, or did Rin's nakedness seem more pronounced in the flashback then it did in the previous episode ?

Poor Tohru has no idea these meetings with Akito are just him browbeating them over their emotional issues and dependence on him .

"Stop being so arrogant." Coming from the guy who is always arrogant when it comes to Kyo. And for all of Yuki's breakthroughs, it seems like even he's still convinced people like him and Kyo shouldn't reach above their stations in the Zodiac .

Having your mother kill herself in front of you (and by train no less) and then have everyone rub her suicide in your face as your fault would probably traumatize anyone .

So now we know the real reason Kyo is so obsessed with beating Yuki. It's not just over an inferiority complex from the original Zodiac story, but because of a bet that basically put his entire life on the line if he could beat Yuki. Suddenly all those times Yuki beat him up or acted superior become even more depressing .

Yeah, admittedly Tohru's near saint-like behavior and demeanor is fairly abnormal, but she does have real human emotions and her own insecurities that she hides. She's no more a monster then Akito with his sociopathic and obsessive behavior towards the Zodiac .

And it's not like she solves everyone's problems, but just by being there and not giving up on them she's able to help them not give up and move forward with their lives, as she did with Kyo .

Kyo doesn't seem to realize that Akito probably only went along with Tohru staying with the Sohma's because of Shigure. Tohru seems to be the linchpin of Shigure's plans, not Akito's .

"I love you Kyo...but you still disgust me so I'm going to vigorously wash my hands because you're a monster." Seriously, where did Akito get their idea of love from ?

Probably the biggest reveal of the episode was that Kyo knew Kyoko, and they seemed close, and may have even been there when she died. On-top of that he knew about Tohru and caught a glimpse of her as a child. I don't think he could have known then that that girl would grow up to be the one that would prove to be his hope and the love of his life .

Poor Kyo...he has to deny his love for Tohru and deny his chance of happiness because he doesn't want Akito to do anything for Tohru and he doesn't think he's worth having Tohru, especially if his life is ultimately going to end up in a cage. All he wants is to spend what little time he has left by her side .
Old 2020-06-01, 20:38   Link #76
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Yuki beats Kyou donst leave a mark but when Akito hit him it leaves a mark that is some slap

Kyou finely realize his feeling about Tooru
Old 2020-06-01, 22:30   Link #77
Wandering Soul

Quite a few reveals during this episode like the reveal that Kyo actually made a bet with Akito and that his feud with Yuki is actually one time determine his future. Kyo actually knowing Kyoko is even more surprising. . He also caught glimpses of Tohru. Kyoko may seem to be condemning Kyo in that flashback, but there is probably more to it than that.

The first half was heavy, but the second half was great with Sensei's flashback and Kyo admitting his love for Tohru were real emotional moments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I am starting to wonder the same thing.
Old 2020-06-02, 01:08   Link #78
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I've never understood why the Sohmas that hate Akito don't simply just... move away and avoid all contact with them. A friend of mine thinks that it's meant to be implied that Akito has some sort of supernatural-esque compulsion power that only works on the Zodiac spirit members, but even he didn't seem entirely sure about that.

I kinda assumed it was like a Japanese respect/overall cultural tendency towards submissiveness sort of thing, but incredibly overblown? I could be totally wrong about that, though.
Old 2020-06-02, 06:17   Link #79
Ernietheracefan

Ciel + Alois = Akito..??

Man, my heart was beating intensely during Akito & Kyo part..

While comparing Tamayura with Aria is more like comparing Vividred with SW.
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-02, 21:39   Link #80
deadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
I've never understood why the Sohmas that hate Akito don't simply just... move away and avoid all contact with them. A friend of mine thinks that it's meant to be implied that Akito has some sort of supernatural-esque compulsion power that only works on the Zodiac spirit members, but even he didn't seem entirely sure about that.

I kinda assumed it was like a Japanese respect/overall cultural tendency towards submissiveness sort of thing, but incredibly overblown? I could be totally wrong about that, though.
It's part of the curse.
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote