AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-01-08, 05:31   Link #301
Zotis
Rank #35

@rrw Lain isn't rare. I still see it on shelves all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonar Fan View Post
Angel's Egg
That is a truly beautiful film. So creative, I never knew something like that existed.

An anime I recently watched (well about 6 episodes of anyway) was Armored Trooper VOTOMS. I think it's pretty rare, I certainly had a hard time finding it. Unfortunately it wasn't especially good. It was decent but the main character was just about the only serious character and there were a lot of goofy figures. The action was a little dull and they reused quite a bit of animation. At first I was pretty intreagued by it, a cool space war story, but after a few episodes it kinda fizzled and goofy characters became predomenant. Kinda along the same lines as Mellowlink, only not as good.

Cyber City Oedo 808 is a good rare one if it hasn't been mentioned yet.

Edit: Is Devilman rare?

Last edited by Zotis; 2011-01-10 at 02:27.
Zotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 05:02   Link #302
Blueberri
♫♪►♂♥♀◄

I still don't know if Godannar (sp?) is rare. Same for Tsukiyo no Fromage. I realize the former is a manga in japanese. But it'd be nice if someone told me if those two titles are really rare or not.
Blueberri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 22:21   Link #303
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Angel's Egg
I've heard about this and want to see it.

Quote:
Probably Mermaid's Forest. The only place I've ever seen it discussed was when someone recommended it to me on these forums years ago. It's a great series though, very good at use of atmosphere and mood.
Rented this on VHS years ago. It's delightfully creepy. But not TOO creepy. Rumiko-sensei is surprising good at horror.
Old 2011-01-11, 22:30   Link #304
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

E.Y.E.S. of Mars it was about Mars dying and then jumping to Earth but I forgot most of it but I did know it was dub because it was on Sy-Fy about 20years ago

Sigh I wish I can find a copy it was a really good anime
Old 2011-01-11, 22:50   Link #305
AznSage
Anti-Hero

Ugly but beautiful world

Photon, a short 4-6 episode series about a boy who is incredibly strong and saves a very intergalactic female warrior/princess (and man did she have boobs!) It was absolutely hilarious.

Ugly but beautiful world, i think its called, will maybe not but i couldn't explain it better than how he explained photon, except shes not exactly a warrior, will kinda-but she exists with this other outer galactic girl originated from the same place. they exist to destroy planets. why?. i dont know; i get go further into the details, but its not too important
the name might be vice versa.
Old 2011-01-12, 00:57   Link #306
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by AznSage View Post
Photon, a short 4-6 episode series about a boy who is incredibly strong and saves a very intergalactic female warrior/princess (and man did she have boobs!) It was absolutely hilarious.

Ugly but beautiful world, i think its called, will maybe not but i couldn't explain it better than how he explained photon, except shes not exactly a warrior, will kinda-but she exists with this other outer galactic girl originated from the same place. they exist to destroy planets. why?. i dont know; i get go further into the details, but its not too important
the name might be vice versa.
I remember seeing previews for Photon! It's by the same creator as the original Tenchi Muyo. :3

People don't seem to like This Ugly Yet Beautiful World but I did...and I have it on DVD. The ending was meh but it was an interesting show.
Old 2011-01-12, 04:38   Link #307
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Kamichu! I dont really see much talk about this under-rated Anime that has won an awesome award!

Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2011-01-12 at 05:23.
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 05:06   Link #308
ClannadDango
A novice to anime

I would say 5 cm per Second, rare in the sense it was a masterpiece and hard to find. I searched everywhere for it, online, in Asian centers, only to realized I already owned a copy and didn't realize it.
Old 2011-01-12, 19:48   Link #309
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan: A very "rare" anime in my eyes
Old 2011-01-12, 21:25   Link #310
Patch&Quilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
Kamichu! I dont really see much talk about this under-rated Anime that has won an awesome award!
Kamichu! is awesome, really loved the specials. Yurie is simply the cutest.

Tabi
House of Flames
Vampiyan Kids
Noiseman Sound Insect
Ugokie Kori no Tatehiki
Kumo to Tulip

I never see titles like these get mentioned.
Patch&Quilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 08:26   Link #311
chachaboru
Banned

the rarest anime i watched would be
dennou coil, the plot is awesome and i was amazed with their high-tech glasses
chachaboru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 15:49   Link #312
LadyKikyo91
The Certified Fangirl

Well for me its Ronin Warriors when I was 9 years old. Its was really good to me and still is. Its not that popular though.
Old 2011-01-13, 19:20   Link #313
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
X TV series based on CLAMP's X manga. I don't know what happened but I found only a small number of people that know about this awesome work. Maybe it's the name, because when people hear just the phrase ''X'', it doesn't sound appealing. It had great characters and SUPERB OST that I listen even today.
Old 2011-01-13, 20:39   Link #314
Garigari-kun
The Combat Otaku

Location: Hiding here in Closed Space with Haruhi, Konata, Nagi, and Kirino. Reading: Grimoire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
LOL, This is was one of my fav. ecchi

Hmm, Kampfer... It's "rare" for me

Nendoroid © Good Smile Company
"I'm just one
Hell of a OTAKU"

Last edited by Garigari-kun; 2011-01-13 at 21:02.
Garigari-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 23:50   Link #315
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Koharu Biyori.
Old 2011-01-18, 17:58   Link #316
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patch&Quilt View Post
Kamichu! is awesome, really loved the specials. Yurie is simply the cutest.
I love the art! such a beautiful detailed Anime
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 18:30   Link #317
Neat Hedgehog
Hack of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I always loved that show. Awful little series, really, but awesome.

In line with that, I've never met anyone else who had already seen Dai Mahou Touge
Neat Hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 21:45   Link #318
GreatTeacherKen

^^ I did watch that series, but I didn't find it very funny. I think a clip from it was featured on The Soup with Joel Mchale, so a famous person has seen it.

Final Approach- a harem series that I've rarely seen mentioned by anyone. It's pretty average, it's not spectacularly bad enough to be infamous and it's not great enough to earn praise, so I suppose that's why it's not brought up much.

Winter Garden- a romantic spinoff of Di Gi Charat. Dejiko and Puchiko act more like normal people compared to how they are in the original franchise. It's pretty unremarkable.

Triangle Heart 3 Sweet Songs Forever- an OVA is based on the game where Nanoha was originally introduced. It seems to assume that you've played the game because it's hard to figure out who's who and what their relevance to the story is. Nanoha has a short appearance in it and is voiced by a different seiyuu, hitomi. It'll probably never be licensed so if you want to see it, you'll have to watch it online. I wonder how many people have actually played the game and its prequels.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-19, 04:23   Link #319
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Uta-Kata
- Relatively intriguing albeit bland mahou shoujo series. Unlike most mahou shoujo, our heroine here doesn't regularly protect people's souls or fight evil villains and monsters. She generally uses her magic for selfish reasons or to help her friends with various problems over the summer holiday.

Kage Kara Mamoru
- Ehh. This is pretty bad. Just a silly shounen pervy romance series about a high school boy with a ninja double identity who protects his female friend. She has a crush on him of course. And he gets a harem of girls somewhere through the anime. Pretty understandable why this would be generally forgotten after 5 years.

Submarine 707R
- It's about 2 rivaling submarine captains, one "evil" and one "noble". The former is a terrorist who reminds me a lot of Celestial Being from Gundam 00 in that he wants to rid the seas of its navy by force. The latter is a wise, skilled man of the seas with a sense of honor and duty to his navy. Both men have a will of steel, and each has a family back home which he greatly cares for but is separated from by his passions. It is about the warring clash between these amazing captains. With fantastic animation, a beautiful OP directed by Anno Hideaki, tight underwater action sequences, and a dazzling orchestral score, this could have been awesome had it not been a mere 97 minute OVA series. Apart from the two captains, characters are hardly memorable and many scenes seem pointless in the context of the main story of the OVA. Alas, Submarine 707R is a mere patchwork job adopted from a much longer manga series (It doesn't have any scanlations sadly.), doomed to leave us with a longing desire for a full TV series that will most likely be unanswered. I can't blame anyone for ignoring this.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-19, 14:32   Link #320
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Name reminds me of Blue Submarine, also an anime I would think to be rare.