AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-21, 06:40   Link #1141
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
I've never met anyone who've met a Heavy after eating a sandvich in the hospital IRL.
That's because they had all their blood punched out.
Old 2008-10-21, 07:21   Link #1142
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
That's because they had all their blood punched out.
But I haven't met any one who met a Heavy after eating a sandvich in the morgue IRL either!
Old 2008-10-21, 09:04   Link #1143
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
But I haven't met any one who met a Heavy after eating a sandvich in the morgue IRL either!
And what sir, were you doing in what you imply to be... multiple morgues?
Old 2008-10-21, 09:24   Link #1144
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Either studying dead bodies, or bringing them there. He's a doctor, after all.
Old 2008-10-21, 11:23   Link #1145
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Studying to be one, Keroko. He hasn't gotten that far yet.

And no matter he has the more education: always remember Kha, that the Ward Sister and the Matron still pwn a young doctor just out of med school. Don't cross them.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-10-21, 11:59   Link #1146
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

I am at the morgue studying dead bodies for Forensics elective module.

For simplicity, we're told "lowest life form that can sign forms until further notice."
Old 2008-10-21, 13:22   Link #1147
Once and Current Subber

Older Caro/Elio/Lutecia could be interesting. Caro's obviously got the inside track, but if puberty isn't kind to her, and Lutecia continues to resemble Rider... ;p

Tough to say about the Numbers. We don't even know if they HAD an early life development cycle; even if they did, we don't know that they were raised as a unit the whole time. I can't see Jail changing diapers, and if they spent a few years floating in a tube, and popped out half-socialized, then that's kind of different. (Ghost Brigades...) They could be the same as Fate, where they've got a biological age that doesn't match their actual "time in existence". Actually, it goes even further than that - Cinque is one of the oldest of them, but she sure doesn't look it, so either she's an "eternal lolita" build, or puberty didn't even bother with her.

On the other hand, we've seen lil' Subaru and Ginga, so we know that cyborgs are at least capable of aging normally. But we don't know if it's mandatory...
Old 2008-10-21, 18:32   Link #1148
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar_notADV View Post
Older Caro/Elio/Lutecia could be interesting. Caro's obviously got the inside track, but if puberty isn't kind to her, and Lutecia continues to resemble Rider... ;p
Actually, ever since I read the chapter, I've always imagine Caro/Erio/Lutecia's future developments to fall along the lines of Nodoka/Negi/Yue...

Well, except more violent.
Old 2008-10-21, 19:06   Link #1149
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar_notADV View Post
Tough to say about the Numbers. We don't even know if they HAD an early life development cycle; even if they did, we don't know that they were raised as a unit the whole time. I can't see Jail changing diapers, and if they spent a few years floating in a tube, and popped out half-socialized, then that's kind of different. (Ghost Brigades...) They could be the same as Fate, where they've got a biological age that doesn't match their actual "time in existence". Actually, it goes even further than that - Cinque is one of the oldest of them, but she sure doesn't look it, so either she's an "eternal lolita" build, or puberty didn't even bother with her.

On the other hand, we've seen lil' Subaru and Ginga, so we know that cyborgs are at least capable of aging normally. But we don't know if it's mandatory...
Considering the ages of the Numbers for Uno/Due/Tre/etc given in their cards compared to their appearances in flashbacks of sorts, it's pretty clear that Jail designed them with a permanent biological age setting.

I mean, Tre and Cinque were 14/15 or so when they first engaged Zest years back, while Due was only 13 years old when she pulled the evil femme fatale trick on the priest to steal Vivio's data.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2008-10-22, 07:53   Link #1150
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Hmmm.... Due seduced that priest when she was 13? This sounds vaguely familiar in a backwards sort of way....

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-10-22, 14:26   Link #1151
Vivio Testarossa
I'm Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Momoko, Lindy, Amy, Caro, Uno, Alto, and Lucino beg to differ.
That's because there either closeted or exceptions to the rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
I request canon evidence of this claim.
All of those scene where Nanoha/Fate are blushing at each other.
Vita's protectiveness of Hayate.
Arisa's close connection to Suzuka.

Besides since in Nanoha, they are often not explicit on any relationships, unlike say Ranma 1/2 or Gundam Seed!

Thank for help with signature Evil Rick.
Old 2008-10-22, 14:38   Link #1152
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivio Testarossa View Post
These are characters that are either in clear relationships, or are the closest to getting into one, and they're 'exceptions to the rule?' Do explain.

Quote:
Oh, so blushing = romance?

Guess Nanoha isn't that lesbian after all, huh?

Quote:
What close connection? You're talking fanart here, canonically Arisa and Suzuka are as close to each other as they are to Nanoha.

Quote:
And Nanoha. Especially in StrikerS, Vita is all about Nanoha. :3 Regardless, protectiveness does not equal romance.

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-10-22 at 15:03.
Old 2008-10-22, 14:49   Link #1153
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
There are no exceptions or closet cases. Only your opinion.

Quote:

Besides since in Nanoha, they are often not explicit on any relationships, unlike say Ranma 1/2 or Gundam Seed!
Your evidence is circumstantial and inferential. The quoted scenes are not solid pieces of proof, but rather incidents where personal interpretation is used to justify.

Blushing is not evidence of romantic love, but of a variety of emotions that may or may not include such a feeling.

Protectiveness is not evidence of romantic love, but of desire to protect. Hayate is the first ever master that is kind and gentle to Vita. It is natural to protect that which shows you care.

Closeness is not evidence of romantic love, but of friendship. Arisa and Suzuka have known each other for years, and it is natural for friends to be close.

To associate any of that behavior with romantic love is to show a clear bias and favoritism towards such pairings and cannot be considered neutral.
Old 2008-10-22, 15:04   Link #1154
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
Your evidence is circumstantial and inferential. The quoted scenes are not solid pieces of proof, but rather incidents where personal interpretation is used to justify.

Blushing is not evidence of romantic love, but of a variety of emotions that may or may not include such a feeling.

Protectiveness is not evidence of romantic love, but of desire to protect. Hayate is the first ever master that is kind and gentle to Vita. It is natural to protect that which shows you care.

Closeness is not evidence of romantic love, but of friendship. Arisa and Suzuka have known each other for years, and it is natural for friends to be close.

To associate any of that behavior with romantic love is to show a clear bias and favoritism towards such pairings and cannot be considered neutral.
Could have sworn I posted something on this before...

EDIT: Ah ha! I found it!
Old 2008-10-22, 15:08   Link #1155
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
Could have sworn I posted something on this before...
Hahaha you did, yes.

But it seems that the problem is still not yet resolved, as the same "evidence" was used again.
Old 2008-10-22, 16:03   Link #1156
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:

That's actually a very sweet, very cute image. Nice moment for Yuunoha. Pity that was all poor Yuuno got.

*closet Yuunoha shipper*
Old 2008-10-22, 16:09   Link #1157
BPHaru

Quote:
That is not canon evidence since in this kind of show you can't expect something conclusive for same gender relationship, much less now with the awesome plot QUALITY, now not only that is open, but a lot of many other things as well. But I think most people beside you can easily infer your same opinions, the clear direction of the fan base and the show is a good reference.

Cuídense y sigan sonriendo
Old 2008-10-22, 16:19   Link #1158
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
That's actually a very sweet, very cute image. Nice moment for Yuunoha. Pity that was all poor Yuuno got.

*closet Yuunoha shipper*
There's one more:

And yeah, that's all Yuuno got. But in a strange and twisted kind of way, its actually kind of funny. After all, in every scene Yuuno and Nanoha appeared together in StrikerS, they blushed at each other. No other pairing can claim the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPHaru View Post
But I think most people beside you can easily infer your same opinions, the clear direction of the fan base and the show is a good reference.
I'm curious, what 'clear direction the show is taking' are you referring to?
Old 2008-10-22, 16:37   Link #1159
BPHaru

Quote:
I'm curious, what 'clear direction the show is taking' are you referring to?
Oh you're soooooo curious my dear Kero-chan~ that's what I most love of you

Well, I wasn't thinking in something specific at the moment I wrote that since it has been obvious for me since always, but I think it was because most of the cast is female, the only character with the stereotyped characteristics of a male lead was Chrono/Kyon but now he's taken by Amy/Tsuruya (I liked the character so I'm a bit disappointed for not seeing him having a real fight in the series... maybe for next season?), and in the last season we have even more female character, most of them showing pretty closed relations with others, and as I said Chrono and Yuuno are not there, and it seems like they preferred to have Zafira in his wolf form too to don't have the male factor there, so I think the "Magical Lesbian Training Nanoha" or "Hayate's Lesbian army" thing isn't hard to infer I don't think you guys should be surprised for Vivio saying that everyone is lesbian in this series (Even the males! Yay!), at least I think no one even questioned it in our Spanish communities

...and that's not even considering the SubaTea and the obvious future Vivio/Syn or whoever

Cuídense y sigan sonriendo
Old 2008-10-22, 16:51   Link #1160
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Nanoha has always been lacking in the boys department, even S1 has Chrono and Yuuno versus Nanoha, Fate, Arf, Arisa, Suzuka, Precia, Lindy and Amy, which is logical considering it is a magical girl series. Of course, a higher female cast means little for pairings, in many harem anime, the female cast outnumbers the male lead as well.

And then of course there is Erio trowing more dust in the theory by being the most obvious romance without other ships to get in between, despite being a guy. Heck, he even had an ending scene with the girl.
Closed Thread