Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-16, 16:57   Link #301
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINBEI View Post
Yes its possible, but then Marco wouldn't be Whitebeards 1st mate, at least not back then and maybe not now, if the 1st mate is still alive or not. If Marco rose to power like Shanks did, from being a cabin boy. Which is my point.
And my point was that it does not matter if Whitebeard's current 1st mate is different from his first mate from 20 years ago.

Quote:
I don't know about you, but I would love to know about what the seas where like back in Rogers days, and what his powers and abilities are.
While knowing certain info from back in Roger's day is nice, realistically, it is only really being told so that when Luffy becomes Pirate King (or The Strongest, etc (or when Zoro becomes the Greatest Swordsman)), we will have some point of comparisson so as to say that Luffy and company are greater than those from the past (and, yes, Luffy and the current generation will surpass the former generation...this is Shounen after all).

Quote:
Oh thanks, I will be sure to remember that.
One can only hope...
Old 2009-04-16, 17:12   Link #302
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
And my point was that it does not matter if Whitebeard's current 1st mate is different from his first mate from 20 years ago.
To you right? Cause if there is info to be read about it, I would like to know, or are you going to tell me what to care about now?

Quote:
While knowing certain info from back in Roger's day is nice, realistically, it is only really being told so that when Luffy becomes Pirate King (or The Strongest, etc (or when Zoro becomes the Greatest Swordsman)), we will have some point of comparisson so as to say that Luffy and company are greater than those from the past (and, yes, Luffy and the current generation will surpass the former generation...this is Shounen after all).
You shadow debating again?

Quote:
One can only hope...
That you stop being Cap N obvious.

Last edited by Master Mold; 2009-04-16 at 17:33.
Old 2009-04-16, 17:26   Link #303
iKumdo
Chodan

Send a message via AIM to iKumdo
This completely off topic, but Jinbei, you spelled knight wrong.
Old 2009-04-16, 17:27   Link #304
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKumdo View Post
I did, thanks man for pointing it out.
Old 2009-04-16, 17:49   Link #305
Blackbeard D. Kuma

I really wonder myself what the fates of Whitebeard's older crewmates were, because as many others have pointed out, none of Whitebeard's crewmates that we have seen in the present time look even close to his age. They all seem to be a generation younger. It's possible that some of them may be living in retirement like Rayleigh, and we may see some of them in the New World. Or it could just be that Oda has yet to formally introduce Whitebeard's first mate and that he/she is in fact still currently on his crew. He may be keeping the first mate concealed from us for the sake of suspense and mystery.
Old 2009-04-16, 17:54   Link #306
james0246

Quote:
To you right? Cause if there is info to be read about it, I would like to know, or are you going to tell me what to care about now?
Would you listen if I did .

To be serious, though, I apologise if you felt slighted by my disregard for the potential info. While I may find it secondary in importance, you, who does like Whitebeard a great deal, would probably appreciate the info far more than I would.

Quote:
You shadow debating again?

That you stop being Cap N obvious.
I'm not sure what either of these statements mean...is shadow debating when you do not care what I post, so I am only debating myself? And what does "Cap N" stand for? Is it slang for Captain? As for info being obvious...since you spent three or so pages stating, as if it were obvious, that Dragon and his forces are wholely lesser than Whitebeard and his forces, I guess one persons "obvious" is not another's...
Old 2009-04-16, 18:20   Link #307
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Would you listen if I did .
I would find it amusing.

Quote:
To be serious, though, I apologise if you felt slighted by my disregard for the potential info. While I may find it secondary in importance, you, who does like Whitebeard a great deal, would probably appreciate the info far more than I would.
True.

Quote:
I'm not sure what either of these statements mean...is shadow debating when you do not care what I post, so I am only debating myself?
Shadow debating, is like shadow boxing.

Quote:
And what does "Cap N" stand for? Is it slang for Captain?
isn't it obvious Cap N?

Quote:
As for info being obvious...since you spent three or so pages stating, as if it were obvious, that Dragon and his forces are wholely lesser than Whitebeard and his forces, I guess one persons "obvious" is not another's...
Come on James, there will be other times when we can compare who's stick is bigger.

@Blackbeard D. Kuma:I pretty much agree and see it that way 2. At least I'm sure Oda will show/speak on this at some point in the near future (The War or a New Data Book). I do wonder what will be left when Whitebeard is defeated? Will the crew all also get captured, or will they escape and disband, or create little fractions around the One Piece world, or will they take the path Shinomori Aoshi took in Rurouni Kenshin? Ah so many questions such a long wait for answers.
Old 2009-04-16, 19:03   Link #308
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
I do wonder what will be left when Whitebeard is defeated? Will the crew all also get captured, or will they escape and disband, or create little fractions around the One Piece world, or will they take the path Shinomori Aoshi took in Rurouni Kenshin? Ah so many questions such a long wait for answers.
They'll be completely beaten up, helpless, and at the mercy of the World Government. That is their fate and destiny, and they cannot outrun it as Van Auger would say. Things look very grim for them indeed, whereas things look very promising for Blackbeard and his crew.
Old 2009-04-16, 19:14   Link #309
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
They'll be completely beaten up, helpless, and at the mercy of the World Government. That is their fate and destiny, and they cannot outrun it as Van Auger would say. Things look very grim for them indeed, whereas things look very promising for Blackbeard and his crew.
Ha ha ha I expected something like that from you as well as Phenom, but

Better to Die than not Live Free.

Then again.

There success won't be known, but there failure will be known by all, That is how the WG works.
Old 2009-04-16, 19:19   Link #310
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Ha ha ha I expected something like that from you as well as Phenom, but

Better to Die than not Live Free.

Then again.

There success won't be know, but there failure will be world wide, That is how the WG works.
Success? I think not my friend. They won't be successful at all. They're going to suffer a humiliating defeat and watch their captain die right in front of their eyes by the very person who betrayed them (you guessed it - Blackbeard ). Maybe the WG will be lenient and let some of them live, in exchange for becoming their subordinates and working for them.
Old 2009-04-16, 19:29   Link #311
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Another poor soul who seem to have sinned against Oda. My prayers go out to you...And I hope that Oda's impersonations do not visit you in your dreams to do naughty things.
Old 2009-04-16, 22:32   Link #312
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Ha ha ha I expected something like that from you as well as Phenom.
Nah, I can care less who wins or loses [But going by the story it seems the World Government will, as I already pointed out in this thread why], all I care about is a well-written war with good quality action showcasing all the heavy hitters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKumdo
You got a passion for this kinda thing don't you?
Plan on going into the field of education?

Last edited by Phenomenal; 2009-04-16 at 23:53.
Old 2009-04-17, 02:28   Link #313
Ermes Marana

Quote:

You have a point. With the troubles in the real world, it can seem silly to care about some fictional character's first mate.

And yet, I have to disagree with you. It is important to have diversions in life. That is part of what makes us human, and One Piece is a high quality diversion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
You got a passion for this kinda thing don't you?
Plan on going into the field of education?

It's "as to" not "into".
Old 2009-04-17, 08:39   Link #314
Casshern

I can't make any sense of this thread any more.
Old 2009-04-17, 10:44   Link #315
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Fear not, you're not alone...all this talk about WB and WG is pretty tiring.
Old 2009-04-17, 11:15   Link #316
james0246

^What do you expect? There was no chapter this week, so we had to find other ways to amuse ourselves...
Old 2009-04-17, 12:40   Link #317
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Yeah I know, it's just that we've been on this topic for...weeks? Can't wait for the next chapter,I need my weekly fix
Old 2009-04-17, 12:44   Link #318
Rainbowman

Quote:
^What do you expect? There was no chapter this week, so we had to find other ways to amuse ourselves...
I forget is this the "Golden Week" holiday week that's happening so far? I hope things get moving by next week.
Old 2009-04-17, 12:50   Link #319
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
I forget is this the "Golden Week" holiday week that's happening so far? I hope things get moving by next week.
No, Golden Week is after next week. So, while there is a chapter next week, there will then be a 2 week breask after that. So, expect even more useless discussions in the weeks to come .
Old 2009-04-17, 15:33   Link #320
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
No, Golden Week is after next week. So, while there is a chapter next week, there will then be a 2 week breask after that. So, expect even more useless discussions in the weeks to come .
it is all Miss Goldenweeks fault.