AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 26 [End] Rating
Perfect 10 25 27.47%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 17.58%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 7.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 13.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 10.99%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 6.59%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.20%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 11 12.09%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-24, 13:44   Link #81
teelatsuki

Don't you just love how the character with the purest feelings that actually did stuff for the person she loved... to the very last... actually got jack shit for it all.

Seriously they should have saved zessica for another series she pretty much ruined this one being the perfect incarnation of what they tried to do with the protagonist, I will give them a 10 for execution and a 0 for continuity givin us a total of 5 because most of the actions of the characters made no sense compared with their previous actions.

1.Your writing sucks.
2. Your reading sucks.
3. You have low self steem.

Next time try to argue with valid arguments, not throw a tantrum.
Old 2012-06-24, 13:45   Link #82
Radik

Spoiler for Zessica happy ending:

Zessica is basically the Pollon of her generation now.
Old 2012-06-24, 13:46   Link #83
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
The way this show appears to have turned out it makes me think that if Macross had been made today Kawamori would have had Hikaru end the show with Minmay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
This shit was waste of my time. seriously.
And now it looks like more people are about to understand my struggles with Satelight produced stuff as that's exactly how I've felt after just about everything they've done up to this point. The most frustrating part is that I've started nearly every Satelight experience feeling that there's tons of potential and that this time it's finally going to be the time it delivers. I just hope that because Muv-Luv is an adaptation it doesn't run into the same problems.
Old 2012-06-24, 13:47   Link #84
melina_putri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan View Post
Uh, there's going to be a movie? o_0 Do I smell recap?
The announcement is about there will be a director cut version of this episode on Volume 9 BD/DVD, not a movie.
Old 2012-06-24, 13:52   Link #85
miketyson

Yeah, those fan theories about the writers flat-out not liking what they were asked to right are starting to seem like they might have something to them after watching this finale.

A director's cut, eh? I think they already tried that with the volume 1 BD and we all know how much bonus content that wound up having.
Old 2012-06-24, 13:53   Link #86
koalatea

I actually really liked the ending? Mikono and Amata had some really adorable scenes, and Donar and Suomi finally got together. ;w; I can't really say I liked Kagura in this episode though. I'm really surprised he didn't kill Zessica, because I thought he would do anything for Mikono. He even helped Amata get Mikono. Zessica seems like the only one still hung on, which is kind of sad. I wish they would of made her happier at least. ( Though I can't say I don't mind the idea of Kagura x Zessica together, because I think after what they went through, they deserve each other. Also surprisingly, their powers really match up well together.) I can't wait for the subs, so I can actually understand it better. xD
Old 2012-06-24, 13:56   Link #87
Zuul

If they were to make an OVA I would like them to give us a new set of characters. And come with some good love story, with no pointless pseudo triangle and actual development.
And please no more shoujo shounen failed hybridation, but characters with chemistry and a personnality.
Old 2012-06-24, 14:16   Link #88
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Yeah, I'm glad I dropped this. For that matter, I'm not watching anymore 2-cour original shows, or really, any original anime if I can help it. They always end up with severely wasted potential and dishonest, confused writing.
So thank you, EVOL, for making me bitter again.
Old 2012-06-24, 14:26   Link #89
tsunade666

For all the shitting thing that happen. I enjoyed the ending. Good Bollywood entertaining ending. Like I'm watching the sparkle gay twilight vampire thingy.
Spoiler for 26 worst ending that you can't help but at least appreciate it:

super bad that I can't help but praise it. This story will be one in the history for being in that category. Good dog Good Dog. I want dog days. Well at least in the end of the episode they show a Muv Luv preview which is nice.
Old 2012-06-24, 14:28   Link #90
mayumi

The hero is actually Kagura not Amata cause Kagura jumped fate and accepted he won't get Sylvie and was ok with it. it was done in a matter of 2 mins character change twist. but i can't help but appreciate kagura for it.
Old 2012-06-24, 14:41   Link #91
Zuul

Quote:
The hero is actually Kagura not Amata cause Kagura jumped fate and accepted he won't get Sylvie and was ok with it. it was done in a matter of 2 mins character change twist. but i can't help but appreciate kagura for it.
I was very well aware that Kagura was the best dude all along, considering he has years of torture and brainwashing to justify his obssession on Mikono while Amata is just a clingy creep all by himself.
Old 2012-06-24, 14:54   Link #92
pingva

Quote:

You are right, Kagura is the one one who changes his fate.
Old 2012-06-24, 14:59   Link #93
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

I think I can confidently say that I hate this show. That's a first for me. And it makes me really sad to admit this I wanted to love this show, as I think I've said before somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
I have been attacked on it before, but some people (me included) think that the writting staff were really aware of how flawed Kawamori's idea for the main drama were and they did intentionnally troll him.
That would be a stupid move, commercially, as sales will likely not be great for this (I hope), and might have been better if they'd tried to salvage what they could.
On the other hand, I can see someone being handed this kind of idea and going "screw it".
However, what is still inexplicable is how can someone create something like Macross on the one hand and then come up with the absolute drivel that is this show? And also, who authorised this project in the first place?
In all honesty, the way this show progressed is something you'd expect from a newbie fanfiction author, not experienced staff with numerous big titled to their name. It's just really strange...

By the way, despite them not having any interaction in the show, simply removing the triangle and making Kagura Zessica's love interest instead of Mikono's would've improved things drastically. Sure, they would've completely overshadowed AmataxMikono because they are actually interesting people, but it would've made for a much smoother and more interesting plot. As it is, EVOL is just plain the worst show I've seen in years.
Old 2012-06-24, 15:09   Link #94
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post

By the way, despite them not having any interaction in the show, simply removing the triangle and making Kagura Zessica's love interest instead of Mikono's would've improved things drastically. Sure, they would've completely overshadowed AmataxMikono because they are actually interesting people, but it would've made for a much smoother and more interesting plot. As it is, EVOL is just plain the worst show I've seen in years.
It wouldn't solve AmataxMikono bad chemistry problem, but at least you wouldn't have to see the worst option winning, because there wouldn't be any other option to begin with. And without Kagura, Amata's creepy side wouldn't have been made so blatantly obvious.
Old 2012-06-24, 15:09   Link #95
genjo sanzo

Quote:

I'm stalking Kawamori on his twitter account asking for this, give us a KaguraxZessica oav, so we can be satisfied, telling us what happens later
Old 2012-06-24, 15:12   Link #96
crayven

I don't think so SkullFaerie. Just remove Zessica from the show, making her fall for Kagura (who doesn't even talk to her until the final ep and only appears once every 6 episodes) would ruin her character totally.

I'd much rather a forever alone end then this KaguraxZessica pairing. This is ridiculous.
Old 2012-06-24, 15:15   Link #97
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayven View Post
I don't think so SkullFaerie. Just remove Zessica from the show, making her fall for Kagura (who doesn't even talk to her until the final ep and only appears once every 6 episodes) would ruin her character totally.

I'd much rather a forever alone end then this KaguraxZessica pairing. This is ridiculous.
Moving on is a normal thing.

I know it kinda crushes the otaku ideal of forever love, but I just want an happy Zessica, someone who won't end up as a lone angry woman with 54 cats.
Old 2012-06-24, 15:16   Link #98
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
It wouldn't solve AmataxMikono bad chemistry problem, but at least you wouldn't have to see the worst option winning, because there wouldn't be any other option to begin with. And without Kagura, Amata's creepy side wouldn't have been made so blatantly obvious.
Lol, I thought Amata and Mikono had perfectly good chemistry cuz of what Mikono said in the first episode "We're a pair of useless people".
Two horribly written characters getting together is good cuz i dont want that Amata to taint dear Zessica. Zessica should be with Kagura, hell those two were the stars of this episode.
Old 2012-06-24, 15:19   Link #99
mayumi

Quote:
I always said that if Zessica had her own love story with whoever, it would sell more Blue ray disks. Like seriously everyone would have rooted for Zessica and whoever she was meant to be with over Amata-Mikono. Already I feel Yunoha-Jin and Andy-Mix overshadow Amata-Mikono. So why couldn't Zessica have her own love story as well?
Old 2012-06-24, 15:19   Link #100
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Moving on is a normal thing.

I know it kinda crushes the otaku ideal of forever love, but I just want an happy Zessica, someone who won't end up as a lone angry women with 54 cats.
I want her to have a happy family. She deserves it as well as Kagura(especially kagura) for all the angst, torture and brainwashing Zessica/Kagura received in this series.
Closed Thread