AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-06, 19:05   Link #101
Itlandm
Porcupine

Oh, Fujioka, if only you had not used the phone that one time, you could have spent the rest of your days in ecstatic twintail bliss! Fate is a capricious mistress indeed...
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 19:10   Link #102
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Isn't the first time the Fates have pointed Kana towards Fujioka. But Chiaki is right, she is a bakayarou. (though Chiaki-hime also takes a hand in misdirecting Kana on this front, as by now Fujioka's lap is hers alone).

Old 2013-01-06, 19:43   Link #103
nojay
Scanlator

Am I the only person who fast-forwards through the bits with Hosaka? He is a one-note self-deluding cardboard cutout that makes me cringe, he is not amusing or interesting or anything.
Old 2013-01-06, 20:05   Link #104
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by nojay View Post
Am I the only person who fast-forwards through the bits with Hosaka? He is a one-note self-deluding cardboard cutout that makes me cringe, he is not amusing or interesting or anything.
you're not alone. i do that often also. ive seen the scenes the first time but i always skip over whenever rewatching the eps.

im glad that se4 has finally arrived. its one of the top 5 best comedy anime shows imo.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 21:50   Link #105
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

Ah, the return of the slice-of-life madness of Minami-ke. I'm ready for more. The animation's much better this time around too, so that's a definitely plus.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 22:15   Link #106
Sxerks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoken View Post
Does anyone know at what manga chapter that the anime begins?
Adapted From Section

Last edited by Sxerks; 2013-01-13 at 14:16. Reason: link sp
Sxerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 00:52   Link #107
Natsu_
Yoroshiku ne!

I felt time is very fast, when I watched this animated cartoon.
Natsu_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 01:48   Link #108
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Oh my god, it's finally back. Everything was just so golden, I couldn't ask for much more. So looking forward to this season.
Old 2013-01-07, 06:04   Link #109
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

My God, it's like being in 2007 again. Pinch me.

Does that mean Seirei no Moribito will be back in the Spring and Ghost Hound in the Fall?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 06:49   Link #110
Arya

Poor Fujioka, I had already lost hopes for him and I don't think this new season will give him any real chances
Even if the episode wasn't anything special, I'm glad to see the sisters again.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 07:32   Link #111
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
I don't tend to like moe comedy series (typically slandered as "moeblob"), but for a reason I cannot explain, Minami-ke Season 1 always had a special place for me as being significantly above other moe comedy series that not even "acclaimed" series of the same genre like K-on or Working, in which for those series flies straight over my head. I mean, Minami-ke has has pandering and moe antics allright, but it seldom feels ... forced (except for Hosaka, but he's goddamn Hosaka so exceptions should be made) something "genuine" and "natural" came out from Minami-ke season 1 that gives me a warm fuzzy feeling every week when I watched it.

Unfortunately Season 2 was a completely different series alltogether, and season 3 had moments here and there but on the whole was lacking. Come Winter 2013, and the beauty that was the first season has been recaptured in this fourth season and I'm smiling with the biggest smirk on my face right now. You know, if it wasn't for awesome Fall carryovers like Shin Sekai Yori and Psycho Pass, i would be calling this the anime of the season even with just one episode, despite being of a genre that's incredibly mundane.

EDIT: Actually nvm my hyperbole last comment. Just remembered Chihayafuru season 2

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2013-01-07 at 07:42.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 07:49   Link #112
Siberio
Megane-kun

Thumbs up Minami-ke is back!

Ok, this is definitely minami-ke. Any prior worries i had are now gone, and i can happily (well, more like impatiently ) await the next episode.
Siberio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 10:30   Link #113
Elestia

Great episode. Really enjoyed how similar it feels to the show's first season. It seems to have gotten the pacing and timing down with perfection. It's been a while since we've seen a lazy Haruka and with fanservice too at the same time no less.
Old 2013-01-07, 10:36   Link #114
Silverwyrm

Oh its back and its great

new girl fit in just fine too
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 10:41   Link #115
Qilin
Romanticist

Ah. It's shows like these that remind me why Azumanga Daioh is still one of my favorite anime of all time. Like AzuDai, Minami-ke is a gem in the slice-of-life comedy genre. Well, the first season was at least. It's not exactly smart, but it was more down-to-earth compared to its equivalents in the genre. Something about it felt genuine and real, as opposed to the odd mosaic of out-of-place elements and stereotypes you get used to seeing.

From the looks of it, the first episode is off to a great start. I'm not sure if it was just my nostalgia talking, but I was just giddy waiting for all the familiar characters to be reintroduced. Everyone is as they should be: Chiaki as the precocious, snarky, yet naive tsukkomi; Kana as the impulsive, selfish boke and occasional troll; and Haruka as the whimsical mother figure of the other two. All is well in the world.

The OP and ED had quite the nostalgic feel, and I enjoyed both immensely. So yeah. This is likely going to be my non-rational favorite for this season (right after Chihayafuru S2 of course). I expect that my excitement will reach its peak once the other Minami family is reintroduced, along with Hosaka and Mako-chan.
Old 2013-01-07, 17:52   Link #116
X207
Gamyūsa

Azudai was a great series though it was a bit more awkward to got into as the characters are more quirky that M-K. i did find some good eps in se2 but plain yogurt was boring (you know which character). se3 was better than se1 but 10x better than se2.

@ silverwyrm, lol your avy is rather distracting at times. which series is it from? id guess it'd be more of a music or entertainment centric series.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 01:21   Link #117
Nanaya
ハイパー武器英雄

People skip Hosaka? He's one of the most popular characters of the show and they even had a marketing strategy based on him. Then again, most of the people I dealt with in regards to the show were Japanese, so it might be a difference in cultural tastes.
Old 2013-01-08, 02:09   Link #118
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Minami-Ke is the perfect spice to any anime season.

Personally I thought Hosaka had some of the funniest moments in the first season. But they mis-used him and just made him weird without the funny in the second and third.

This season seems very promising. The Tadaima OVA was great, the first eps is awesome too. The OP channeled the magic of the first seasons OP, kudos to them for recognizing that the key to this animes success is to bringing back some of the magic from the first season.
Ceral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 02:14   Link #119
Clarste
Human

I think Hosaka was pretty popular in the foreign fandom too, although it's been years since I heard anyone talk about the series. The people who didn't find him funny have always been the minority.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 11:07   Link #120
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I love Hosaka. He's the funniest characters of the series for me. Most of his scenes in the first season were comedy gold. I'm eagerly awaiting his return.

Tags
comedy, daily life, seinen, trap