AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2016-04-18, 01:40   Link #41
PixelCreek
I voted Bayonetta

I just gotta say this in regards to the Revolutionary HQ's destruction, it's been bothering me that there's so much questioning of wether Dragon was defeated or not.. I find it somewhat obvious how the situation with the Revolutionary army is going.. For a few reasons:

There is NO way, that after "decades" of being hidden, Jesus Burges AND/OR Blackbeard just show up and destroy everything. Story wise; that's just silly.

If anyone believes that a group that has been built up since almost the beginning of the series gets wiped out before any story arc including said group, then you really need to reconsider.

Unless Blackbeard was VERY close to the revolutionary HQ; there's no way he would make it there in time to destroy it, let alone, have time for the government to find out and send news papers across the entire world.

It is way more than just a coincidence that the Reverie is scheduled to happen soon AND the Revolutionary HQ was destroyed and broadcast around the entire world in the same few chapters.

Oda is making you believe it's Blackbeard by sprinkling in that scenario with Jesus Burges, and trying to have the readers more surprised when Dragons entire army/fleet shows up completely unscathed. Dragon, Sabo, Koala, Ivankov, ect.. will turn out perfectly fine. The islands destruction seems way too coincidental and most likely planned beforehand.

It seems like too many readers here have little to no faith in what's been built up as being the 3rd biggest powerhouse of the entire planet (next to Yonkou and Government) / Luffy's father + brother.
PixelCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-18, 13:27   Link #42
necrolyte

^Exactly what I wanted to say. There is just no way RA will be destroyed off panel when they haven't done anything significant after decades of build up. I think there's bigger chance that RA grouped with BB for some unknown reason than being defeated by them
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-18, 14:27   Link #43
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelCreek View Post
I just gotta say this in regards to the Revolutionary HQ's destruction, it's been bothering me that there's so much questioning of wether Dragon was defeated or not.. I find it somewhat obvious how the situation with the Revolutionary army is going.. For a few reasons:

There is NO way, that after "decades" of being hidden, Jesus Burges AND/OR Blackbeard just show up and destroy everything. Story wise; that's just silly.

If anyone believes that a group that has been built up since almost the beginning of the series gets wiped out before any story arc including said group, then you really need to reconsider.

Unless Blackbeard was VERY close to the revolutionary HQ; there's no way he would make it there in time to destroy it, let alone, have time for the government to find out and send news papers across the entire world.

It is way more than just a coincidence that the Reverie is scheduled to happen soon AND the Revolutionary HQ was destroyed and broadcast around the entire world in the same few chapters.

Oda is making you believe it's Blackbeard by sprinkling in that scenario with Jesus Burges, and trying to have the readers more surprised when Dragons entire army/fleet shows up completely unscathed. Dragon, Sabo, Koala, Ivankov, ect.. will turn out perfectly fine. The islands destruction seems way too coincidental and most likely planned beforehand.

It seems like too many readers here have little to no faith in what's been built up as being the 3rd biggest powerhouse of the entire planet (next to Yonkou and Government) / Luffy's father + brother.
Just remember the only thing that we didn't know is where Dragon will assemble the Global RA Commanders. Last time we see him is he order Koala to gather all the Commanders and Leaders throughout the world which mean it will happen at the same time as when Reverie happens as well.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-20, 14:52   Link #44
marvelB

@PixelCreek: I already said several times that both Blackbeard's crew and the RA are powerful forces that wouldn't quite gain an edge over the other. But that very fact could be the reason why the RA would have been forced to retreat.... it's not like they can afford a battle of attrition (especially with all the commanders gathered). But another reason they would feel the need to retreat is because even more outside parties could have been attracted by the commotion of the battle. After all, whether it was staged or not, revealing the top secret base of his army to the world would have been a HUGE sacrifice for Dragon. And at least to me, it really feels like the risks would outweigh the benefits for such a huge gamble (I believe you think he purposely destroyed his own base as a distraction of sorts for the WG, yes?). And in the first place, we already know that Teach and his buddies enjoys causing chaos, so I see no reason why he wouldn't be responsible for Baltigo's destruction.

Oh, and you also speak of Dragon having been built up since early in the series..... but so has Teach. We've known of the Blackbeard pirates as early as the Drum arc, and even then, they were being built up as a huge threat. That being said, I don't see either party having any less relevance than the other. But back to my main point, I still don't see Dragon directly attacking the Reverie. Maybe the nations those kings rule (sans Alabasta, I guess), but not Mariejois itself, which is guaranteed to be on its utmost guard....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-20, 18:18   Link #45
Sebazu

Honestly, the newspapaer just said Baltigo got trashed.
Which is common sense considering that all the liders of the revolutionary army + the blackbeard pirates fought on it.
Sebazu is offline   Reply With Quote