AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2010-06-02, 03:45   Link #81
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Ah I see what you mean, a perfectly valid reason. It's like, if this series has its own sub-forum, there'd be more topics about the girls than about Keima accomplishments

I think if they give at least some Keima monologue from time to time that would be interesting, let us dive into his mind every now and then, to elevate some focus from the girls

Ok well they have to, how else are they going to portray Keima's planning process in the manga
That shouldn't be a problem here. This is one "harem manga" that has always focused inordinately on its male protagonist. The one time it didn't was the loli swimmer arc, where it took her POV, following her infatuation with Keima.
Old 2010-06-04, 00:07   Link #82
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Voice actors for the two main(?) characters announced.

*goes to Wiki to search pronunciation of names*
Keima: Shimono Hiro
LC: ........Saten-san キタ━━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━━!!

As for Shimono, he left a great impact on me with his role in Ratatosk no Kishi as Emil/Ratatosk-sama, so definitely looking forward to him too.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-04, 00:22   Link #83
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Voice actors for the two main(?) characters announced.

*goes to Wiki to search pronunciation of names*
Keima: Shimono Hiro
LC: ........Saten-san キタ━━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━━!!

As for Shimono, he left a great impact on me with his role in Ratatosk no Kishi as Emil/Ratatosk-sama, so definitely looking forward to him too.
Wow already? So for Keima it's neither of those two most talked about names in this thread. Okay everyone, don't be talking about budget now...

lol LC. What exactly is it? LC? Elsee? El C?

But SATEN-SAN! I have to admit she's my favorite from Railgun
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-04, 00:30   Link #84
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
lol LC. What exactly is it? LC? Elsee? El C?
Yeah, probably what you are thinking. I saw her name in katakana, but didn't know how to spell it, so I just abbreviated it as pronounced.
True, I could have just switched the page back to the English wiki and check what was written there, but... nah, don't think about that.
*goes check English wiki*
It seems to be Elsea de Lute Irma... Still, "LC" looks better.

PS: Page where I got the info that has the magazine scan with the info
http://yunakiti.blog79.fc2.com/blog-entry-5376.html
I'm not sure if the anime character designs were released already, but this has a bit.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-04, 00:45   Link #85
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

So, Kanae Itou's gonna deliver a voice like Mihoshi Akeno then?
Old 2010-06-04, 00:45   Link #86
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I like the art already, but... Hiro Shimono?

I mean, seriously, what.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-04, 01:04   Link #87
Falkor

saying goodbye to my fukujun/lelouch inside joke.

hmmm... Shimono... I liked his performance in lost canvas. might be interesting to see if he uses the same voice here, combined with the usual goofiness he injects to his characters.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-04, 01:14   Link #88
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

The mere thought of Akihisa Yoshii from Bakatest becoming Katsuragi Keima is so mind boggling that it more than counters my dissapointment of Fukuyama Jun not getting the role

And Cool And Spicy Elsee FTW

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-04, 01:51   Link #89
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

*checking his voice in elf-a tale of memories* 65% compatibility
*checking his voice in Bakatest* 23% compatibility
*checking his voice in Kannagi* 41% compatibility
*checking his voice in Nagasarete Airantou* 43% compatibility

q━━━━(TwT)━━━━p

Probably of all the roles he had been to, his role as Hiro Hirono might suit Keima's voice well, if he make it a lil bit like Lelouch style..

Though kinda sad coz hoping for Jun-sama to take the role, but Hiro Shimono isn't that bad...at least it wiped out my worry of female CV taking the role of Keima.

As for the art, if the one shown on the scans are the animation art of Keima and Elsee, way to go! Hopefully they'll be faithful to the manga and not ditching out Keima and putting more stories of the girls in it for the sake of turning this into a pure harem series.
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-04, 02:48   Link #90
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Okay, now that I've gotten that out of the way, it could be worse. I actually only know the guy from the episode or three that I could stomach of Kannagi, so I don't remember anything (and don't feel like sifting through AMVs to find an exemplar on YouTube), But I never heard any complaints about him, so I guess that's decent. As much as we were all aiming for Light-o or Lulu to play him due to the innate compatibility of these roles, Keima isn't exactly the most difficult role to get across.

Elsee I'm a little more worried about. I loved Saten on To Aru, and she's got an absolutely lovely voice, but she strikes me as a bit too...level-headed for Elsee... But I haven't seen any of her other roles.

Ah well, if they're announcing cast already, maybe we'll be getting a PV before too long.
Old 2010-06-04, 02:55   Link #91
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Elsee I'm a little more worried about. I loved Saten on To Aru, and she's got an absolutely lovely voice, but she strikes me as a bit too...level-headed for Elsee... But I haven't seen any of her other roles.
She's fairly new, been around for a few years but was really only doing Amu in Shugo Charu and than started to pick up lead female roles in Taishou Yakyuu Musume, Sora no Manimani and the currently airing Mayoi Neko Overrun!. She's got the lead female role in Asobi ni Ikuyo! next season and of course has the lead in this for Fall.

I think she'll do fine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I like the art already, but... Hiro Shimono?

I mean, seriously, what.
oh he can do it fine, he just hasn't had a character like this before. It's not like FukuJun did before Code Geass as well.. everyone thought they screwed up the casting and thought FukuJun and Sakurai should be switched...

Last edited by Westlo; 2010-06-04 at 03:39.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-04, 03:28   Link #92
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
So for Keima it's neither of those two most talked about names in this thread.
I just knew it was going to turn out like that.

I'm really liking the art shown in the scan, very much so. As for Shimono Hiro, he'll do a good job basing him on past performances, though it's still not who i'd go with to voice Keima. Hopefully my opinion will change once we hear him in action.
Old 2010-06-04, 05:26   Link #93
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Definitely agree on liking the art style. Very loyal to the original designs, but a bit more detailed. Now we need to see the chibi versions of the designs before I'm completely sold. AFAIC, those designs are at least as important as the "bijin" designs we see here, since they'll be sharing a considerable portion of the airtime in a proper adaptation. If Keima isn't chibi the first time we see him throw one of his signature tantrums (or Elsee the first time he torments her), I'll be upset.

On a separate note, who's the crack smoker that tried to romanize Elsee's name on ANN? How do you get "Rux" out of "ru—to"? A little more capitalization might be nice, too...

I believe Wikipedia has it as Elsea de Lute (Ruth/Root) Irma (Ima).
Old 2010-06-04, 05:54   Link #94
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

phone post

Quote:
On a separate note, who's the crack smoker that tried to romanize Elsee's name on ANN? How do you get "Rux" out of "ru—to"? A little more capitalization might be nice, too...

I believe Wikipedia has it as Elsea de Lute (Ruth/Root) Irma (Ima).

Great. Just how many LC's do we need...let me tally 'em up:

-Elsea
-Elsee
-Elcee
-Elcea
-LC
-El C
-Elsii
-Elcii

Juging from quigon's link to the ANN page, I do not want to know how many times someone can mess up the rest of her name
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-04, 07:17   Link #95
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:

Great. Just how many LC's do we need...let me tally 'em up:

-Elsea
-Elsee
-Elcee
-Elcea
-LC
-El C
-Elsii
-Elcii

Juging from quigon's link to the ANN page, I do not want to know how many times someone can mess up the rest of her name
Well, the original is エリュシア・デ・ルート・イーマ, or eryushia de ruuto iima. Most people call her エルシィ, or erusi for short.

Spoiler for admittedly boring romanization discussion:

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2010-06-04 at 07:36.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-04, 08:54   Link #96
Raiza Sunozaki

Can't say I can imagine Akihisa's high-pitched voice working for Keima. The VA's going to have to drop his balls an octave or two for me to see him as a good Keima.
On Elsee, there's also a degree of uncompatibility between her and Saten. I mean, I loved Saten's more mature-sounding voice when she conversed with Uiharu's mouse-like squeaking; the contrast was very nice. Still, I see Elsee as more of a mouse-squeaker like Uiharu than a down-to-earth like Saten.
That said, I love the anime's character designs. Very, very faithful to the original in the manga. It's going to be funny watching those nicely detailed characters put on the silly expressions that dot the manga.
So yeah, forgoing the voices (which may still impress me), I'm still eager for this series.
Raiza Sunozaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-04, 09:20   Link #97
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Well, even though Miyano isn't the one voicing Keima, I'm not disappointed at all. He was just my personal choice, but I'm sure that Shimono will do a pretty good job as well (though I'll admit I went ''... who!?'' when I first read s_b post ) Kanae Itou as LC lol Elsee seems very fitting especially after listing to her play Koume in Taishou Yakyuu Musume. Overall, I think that the two are good picks ... but still I WANTED SOME CHIPS!

The character design looks very promising (and dare I say more appealing than the manga even?), but my main concern is how will they handle the animation.

Hmm, I guess what's left now is the rest of the cast? or PV/official site?

Quote:
I really do appreciate that you through the trouble of explain what might be the correct romanisation of her name, but I don't think you should be that worried about what ANN has on their entry. I still remember how the names would change constantly on number of series back when they were airing (eg Gundam 00 had a number of these)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiza Sunozaki View Post
On Elsee, there's also a degree of uncompatibility between her and Saten. I mean, I loved Saten's more mature-sounding voice when she conversed with Uiharu's mouse-like squeaking; the contrast was very nice. Still, I see Elsee as more of a mouse-squeaker like Uiharu than a down-to-earth like Saten.
I doubt that she will voice her like Saten. She did do charcters of similar nature in the past, so I think that she will sound p.good (but we wont be able to tell without a PV)
Old 2010-06-04, 10:18   Link #98
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Kanae Ito also voiced Fumino from Mayoi Neko Overrun! and Ringo from Okami-san.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-04, 13:22   Link #99
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiza Sunozaki View Post
Can't say I can imagine Akihisa's high-pitched voice working for Keima. The VA's going to have to drop his balls an octave or two for me to see him as a good Keima.
This. Shimono mostly voices immature types, but then again I haven't seen ef in ages.

My problem is that his voice is generally too generic in ALL his roles. Anyone would be a better choice than Shimono. Anyone.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-04, 13:59   Link #100
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
My problem is that his voice is generally too generic in ALL his roles. Anyone would be a better choice than Shimono. Anyone.
Maybe you could try Tajima from Ookiku Furikabutte? His character there is generally goofy and carefree, but he and the VA can enter serious mode when the situation needs it.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen