AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-02-25, 21:41   Link #81
Celestial Kitsune
Myobu

Episode 7 Screenshots.

This was one of the saddest episodes I've seen in a while... They overdid it during the song at the end... The events might be quite traumatic for the younger population of viewers...
Celestial Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-26, 03:42   Link #82
kamikazex

wow....just wow..simply speechless... what a crappy village full of faggots.... who follow a even crappier leader....
the villagers should've known she didnt do shit.
well heres hoping she raises an army of those things and annihilates them all
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-26, 03:48   Link #83
Jehuty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikazex View Post
wow....just wow..simply speechless... what a crappy village full of faggots.... who follow a even crappier leader....
the villagers should've known she didnt do shit.
well heres hoping she raises an army of those things and annihilates them all
That's the thing... she didn't do shit. She knew what was going to happen, but she didn't prevent it - probably because she knew it was inevitable.

She's an outsider that shouldn't have been in the village to begin with, and everyone knows that. They wanted to protect her, but the entire village was at stake. They simply CANNOT go against the empire. All they could do is watch and never forget about her. That is the impotence villagers felt back in the days when their loved ones was killed by the samurai. They knew their life had no value outside of their farming skills, and samurai were the ultimate authority.

But yeah, I felt so angry. I want Erin to become bitter and completely annihilate the entire empire, but that won't happen probably. I think this will become a truly epic story.
Old 2009-02-26, 23:06   Link #84
FateAnomaly

The person in charge of the trial is so hateful. Hastily passing judgement instead of investigating it. Just because the Kiba died the carekeeper has to be executed is completely stupid too. If one day the true king died of poisoning , will the grand duke be executed too since he is suppose to be the one protecting him.

Anyway, the village is probably going to be in deep trouble now without Soyon around since the other doctor is a quack.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 06:20   Link #85
itisjustme

Surprising change of tone, but yeah it doesn't make much sense to me either. Kill your staff because one of them (supposedly) messed up? You'll have manpower/motivation issues soon... It kinda looks like the stereotypical villains who are evil for evil's sake and kill henchmen when they displease them and such.
itisjustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 06:41   Link #86
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
This didn't make sense to me. Why didn't they just leave together. She still had enough power to summon that thing, but coudn't RIDE it?
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 07:07   Link #87
scr
my sides are in orbit

Quote:
The events might be quite traumatic for the younger population of viewers...
Yes.

Quote:
The person in charge of the trial is so hateful.
It's called prejudice. People of the empire are wary, afraid, or outright hateful at the elusive Mistfolk. Furthermore Soyon is competent, so a lot of the higher-ups feel threatened by her. When your nukes are controlled by someone who has potential to betray you at any moment, you just can't sleep well.

Quote:
Surprising change of tone,
Not really. The weariness in Soyon's eyes is quite obvious, she's under a lot of stress from knowing that things will not go in her favor should she commit mistakes. The only things that mitigate it is watching Erin grows. The younger audience might not notice it, but to me the weariness is glaring.

Quote:
She still had enough power to summon that thing, but coudn't RIDE it?
It's probably her morality. Soyon doesn't like to force the KomodoTouda. Furthermore, if she's NOT EXECUTED, then there's no end to the empire's hounding of the village. It's simply a (literal) dead end for Soyon.

What will happen if she escapes? Would she live the life of a wanderer with Erin? The empire will brand her a traitor and chase her everywhere. She's basically a controller of nukes, and if she can't be controlled by the empire, the empire would want her dead. Soyon can't let Erin grow up in this kinda situation.

This is all so crazy... Erin might not understand that Toudas are serious war business where people actually die, but now she's forced to this reality.

What bother me is the expression of Soyon's tribefellow. It's not a "they kill one of us, we shall kill em" but "oh this is so awful, but we can't do anything about it". Are Mistfolks pacifist? It's likely, considering they would rather withdraw from the world rather than compromise their values. It's unlikely for the Mistfolk to avenge Soyon.
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 09:15   Link #88
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisjustme View Post
Surprising change of tone, but yeah it doesn't make much sense to me either. Kill your staff because one of them (supposedly) messed up? You'll have manpower/motivation issues soon... It kinda looks like the stereotypical villains who are evil for evil's sake and kill henchmen when they displease them and such.
It's also been known to happen historically. In certain cultures, a physician who failed at healing important people could be put to death.
Old 2009-02-28, 08:07   Link #89
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I saw that kind of ending for Soyon coming ever since watching the OP and all the foreshadowing, but that was just sad to watch.

Not nearly the epic leadup like with Nagisa in Clannad, but it was still sad.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-28, 12:24   Link #90
Celestial Kitsune
Myobu

Phototribute to Soyon.

Regarding future episodes:
Spoiler:
Celestial Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-28, 12:58   Link #91
karumofin

by the way, anyone else think the one who poisoned the lizards was the doctor? he semeed to be eaten by guilt throughout all of the episode, i assume this is some scheme started by the emperor, since we saw him noticing soyon so prominently.
karumofin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-28, 14:57   Link #92
signorRossi

You forgot the spoiler tag karumofin, and
Spoiler:
signorRossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-28, 16:21   Link #93
karumofin

Quote:
Originally Posted by signorRossi View Post
You forgot the spoiler tag karumofin, and
Spoiler:
what spoiler tag? im speculating.
karumofin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-28, 20:38   Link #94
bbee

I think Soyon may have actually been the one that poisoned the touda. She was sneaking around there the night before, at the beginning of ep 6. She seemed determined and it was a very suggestive scene. But it's also clear from ep7 that she knows what the consequences are and that she has accepted them, so I can't begin to guess her reasons.
I can't see any reason to think that the doctor did it.
Old 2009-03-01, 04:22   Link #95
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I think it really could be either way, but I guess Soyon really could've done it. I guess it's partially because of the cycle of slavery involved with the beasts and the way of life the villagers live in accordance to serving the military machine. What better way to end it all then to sabotage it? It still feels weird to think Soyon would've done something so outrageous though.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-01, 08:05   Link #96
jennkei
Screenshot Fiend

I don't think Soyon would have done it...but who knows, really. :S I -can- understand why she 'chose' to
Spoiler:

For those who'd like screenshots of ep 8...
jennkei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-01, 08:35   Link #97
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

Spoiler for Episode 7:
Xcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-01, 19:33   Link #98
Jehuty

She's a doctor (well, veterinarian), remember?

Spoiler:

It angers me so much, too. But...
Spoiler:

I have such high hopes for this anime to become every bit as epic as Juuni Kokki was. Perhaps even surpass it.
Old 2009-03-01, 22:11   Link #99
FateAnomaly

I don't think Soyon would poison the Kiba. There is no way she would do that knowing the consequences and leave Erin by herself. It is more likely for the quack to do it than her.

Anyway, i think the reason why she didn't leave with Erin is because by using the power she commited a grave crime (by her own words) and she accepted the punishment to die.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 21:49   Link #100
endless2010

I've watched the first 5 episodes and I must say that I'm in love with this series. Specially the art style. It's like a mix of standard anime, Native American art, and a 3D Zelda game. It's not too "cute" yet I feel like a kid watching it. In a world full of series that have that "I feel like I've seen this before" look and feel(I'm thinking of Chrome Shelled Regios), it's a nice treat to watch a series that feel original.
endless2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, production i.g.