AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-01, 02:22   Link #1301
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
Ahh I see, 'tis a shame I think his old hair was sexier.
I don't know, I think his long hair helped boost his popularity in the rankings... (<-- baseless)
Old 2012-06-01, 08:32   Link #1302
hao-sama

Send a message via MSN to hao-sama Send a message via Yahoo to hao-sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
last i will say on this issue.
Desrtsku you are missing my point. It is unclear if Touma ever went through any part of the PCP.
i think it was pretty clear that he went through the PCP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volume 1
Kamijou scratched at his head and looked around his room. As long as he had his bankbook, he could get a new card easily enough. The real problem was the fridge…or rather, breakfast. They called it supplementary lessons, but he was sure to have to take Methuselin pills and Elbrase powder for the sake of powers development. Doing that on an empty stomach would not be a good idea.
oh yeah, since Q&A thread...

can somebody someone explain to me what this paragraph means? it's concerning Kamijou's memory loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volume
Serious damage had been done to the boy’s brain as a reaction to his forced overuse of his esper powers and as damage from the light Index herself had fired. (Or so she had heard. She did not remember it herself.)
i'm thinking Index's magic reacted with his brain that underwent the Curriculum, but i have no idea if i'm interpreting it correctly because of "forced overuse of his esper powers" (jsbro recently finished retranslating Volume 1, so i have some confidence in this translation). does this mean Kamijou does have esper powers?

(which would make sense, since he did got through the Curriculum, any manifestation gets erased by IB).

gah.
Old 2012-06-01, 09:23   Link #1303
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by hao-sama View Post
can somebody someone explain to me what this paragraph means? it's concerning Kamijou's memory loss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volume 1
Serious damage had been done to the boy’s brain as a reaction to his forced overuse of his esper powers and as damage from the light Index herself had fired. (Or so she had heard. She did not remember it herself.)
i'm thinking Index's magic reacted with his brain that underwent the Curriculum, but i have no idea if i'm interpreting it correctly because of "forced overuse of his esper powers" (jsbro recently finished retranslating Volume 1, so i have some confidence in this translation). does this mean Kamijou does have esper powers?

(which would make sense, since he did got through the Curriculum, any manifestation gets erased by IB).

gah.
Hmm... It doesn't click for me. When did he use his esper power? (forget overusing).

I don't know if my interpretation is correct, but I think it's just Index's mental recollection of Styl and Kanzaki's stated perspective on what had happened to Touma.

It would be natural for Styl and Kanzaki to believe Touma's power was an esper power at this point of the story (and perhaps for Index too, since said power is not in her database)
Old 2012-06-01, 09:23   Link #1304
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ strange indeed ... it's not the fact that he has esper powers that surprises me ... it's the fact that he could "overuse it"

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
last i will say on this issue.
Desrtsku you are missing my point ...
i think it was pretty clear that he went through the PCP.

Quote:
oh ... this was addressed to me? Ah my bad, I didn't see it ... Anyway thanks Hao-sama for the quote

ok since it's the Q & A thread I have a few questions Kagato3 (because there's some points I want to make clear after re-reading your posts seriously )
1. Are you sure he was labeled by the BODs as a gemstone the very first time he stepped in AC and not after he recently attracted attention by fighting magicians around the city, pwning Accel, etc ... ?
2. Was it ever stated that the guy in those urban legends who can negate power was identified as "Kamijou Touma" or anything else that could lead to him?
3. Was it ever stated that Himegami is a Level 0? ... Has there been a "Lv.0 Gemstone ability" in the first place (putting him aside)?
4. You said "his family never tried to hide IB" ... Are you sure his family really knew about IB? didn't his father always said he was "pursued my misfortune" and not "doomed" by IB? Did his father ever mentioned he can negate supernatural powers?
5. Are you sure that TV show was about a guy who can "negate supernatural powers" and not a "misfortune bringer phénomène de foire"?

BTW is it ok to ask numerous question at a time in this thread? ^^"
Old 2012-06-01, 10:46   Link #1305
Kyouka
Is Here

does anyone have pictures on accelerator new hairstyle
Old 2012-06-01, 10:54   Link #1306
tsunade666

the illustrations in the new novels. It's just longer hair. And also in image thread. The one with new clothes and Accel plus LO picture.
Old 2012-06-01, 11:00   Link #1307
leukrota

It's actually from before that... the change happened from volume 19 to volume 20 (when they went to Russia)... So "new" it's just a relative term.
Old 2012-06-01, 11:03   Link #1308
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

To be honest, it doesn't really seem all that different to me...
Old 2012-06-01, 15:12   Link #1309
Miraluka
Banned

I just noticed the part where Touma thinks of calling Mikoto and Aogami during his fight against Styil isn't anymore.
Old 2012-06-01, 19:31   Link #1310
hao-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I just noticed the part where Touma thinks of calling Mikoto and Aogami during his fight against Styil isn't anymore.
yeah. how different he is from the current Kamijou. not to mention his newfound acting skills.

also, it's a +1 to the theory of "Aogami is the 6th Level 5", since Kamijou considers him tough enough to involve him in his predicament (along with Mikoto).
Old 2012-06-01, 19:50   Link #1311
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
yeah. how different he is from the current Kamijou. not to mention his newfound acting skills.

also, it's a +1 to the theory of "Aogami is the 6th Level 5", since Kamijou considers him tough enough to involve him in his predicament (along with Mikoto).
No no, I mean go to bakatsuki and check that part of the novel, isn't there anymore.
Old 2012-06-01, 20:17   Link #1312
hao-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
No no, I mean go to bakatsuki and check that part of the novel, isn't there anymore.
huh? it's still there, i think?

Quote:
Kamijou looked down at his right hand in shock.

Imagine Breaker. The power residing there had indeed completely negated Stiyl’s flames. So there was a chance it would negate Index’s recovery magic in the same way.

“Shit! Not again…Why is it always this right hand’s fault!?”

But that just meant he needed to call someone. Like Aogami Pierce or that Biri Biri girl Misaka Mikoto. The faces of a few tough people who he would not have to worry about getting involved in this kind of trouble floated up in his mind.

“…?” Index fell silent for a bit. “No… That isn’t what I meant.”

“?”
isn't it this one? unless we're talking about different quotes.
Old 2012-06-02, 23:48   Link #1313
ellifeedn
Thinker

Is a person's Personal Reality powered by the person's belief in their powers?
Old 2012-06-03, 00:14   Link #1314
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Is a person's Personal Reality powered by the person's belief in their powers?
AFAIK, I don't think so.
Old 2012-06-03, 00:53   Link #1315
Miraluka
Banned

Pdf version lived me...Oracle.
Old 2012-06-03, 05:52   Link #1316
MasterVampire

I know they are making an Index movie but is there every going to be a third season of Index or second season of Railgun? I know they have the manga material for it.

This is one of my favourite anime
Old 2012-06-03, 06:42   Link #1317
tsunade666

nope, no news so far.

Busy with LB!.
Old 2012-06-03, 06:56   Link #1318
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

^

Not the same team... =_=
Old 2012-06-03, 08:29   Link #1319
ellifeedn