AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Old 2012-10-26, 05:13   Link #141
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
no one is stopping the same cast that did season 1 to turn it into something else. Like fluffy and full of smile instead of bloodbath and despair which is sister arc should be.
As annoying as it was hearing you guys lament about it, now I've developed a morbid curiosity- Assuming they ARE intending to fluff it up, I wonder how would they go about doing it ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 05:31   Link #142
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
As annoying as it was hearing you guys lament about it, now I've developed a morbid curiosity- Assuming they ARE intending to fluff it up, I wonder how would they go about doing it ?
who knows. They manage to lighten up the first season and .... well felt despair because of it but still I will watch it. On my free time

There's no stopping them at all. Look at the promotional picture. Picture itself shows it.

I will support Mitsuki in her adventure
Old 2012-10-26, 06:30   Link #143
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Lots of friendship crap and good feels--so much so that the contrast between the gritty content of the Sister arc and the fluff is jarring.

Unless they do it in a way so that we see, for example, Saten and Uiharu doing their usual les yay and Kuroko joining in, then we cut back to Mikoto losing her fucking mind. Then it'd be stylistic and really dark humor.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 07:07   Link #144
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Unless they do it in a way so that we see, for example, Saten and Uiharu doing their usual les yay and Kuroko joining in, then we cut back to Mikoto losing her fucking mind. Then it'd be stylistic and really dark humor.
This reminds me a bit of the Saten bathing scene in Index-tan.

The trio is singing at karaoke, the clone is screeaming in pain.
The trio is eating parfaits, the clone has just lost it's limb.
The trio is telling horror stories, Misaka has completly lost it.

Last edited by zaeraal; 2012-10-26 at 11:36.
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 07:10   Link #145
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
no one is stopping the same cast that did season 1 to turn it into something else. Like fluffy and full of smile instead of bloodbath and despair which is sister arc should be.
Like in the eyes of The Pyro in a certain game?

Here's a visual explanation if you don't get it:

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 08:00   Link #146
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Well technically there are only 3 major arcs in Railgun so far, and the last one hasn't even finish yet
Well, it's still the best arc (imo) so I ain't taking back what I said. Seriously speaking though, the Sisters arc of the manga is just so many win in so many levels and I'm really glad we're going to see it in anime form.
Old 2012-10-26, 09:04   Link #147
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
Like in the eyes of The Pyro in a certain game?
Tft 2, you know your game which reminds me that I haven't played my steam for a year.

That aside the sister arc is indeed the best arc presented by railgun and the art for it specially the climax of that arc is SUPER!!!! awesome. Ah its a good change of art and atmosphere. Especially from the view of biribiri.
Old 2012-10-26, 10:18   Link #148
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
This reminds me a bit of the Saten bathing scene in Index-ran.

Muahahahahaha, yes ,yes!!
And for once, they should use Touma's bishounen mode design in the actual show, it'll be a big plus!
Old 2012-10-26, 13:32   Link #149
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
This reminds me a bit of the Saten bathing scene in Index-tan.

Actually, I think something like that would be awesome... Though probably many fans would see it as very bad taste...

... Hmmm, I can't really picture how the anime can keep the mood it had while doing the Sisters arc.

Well, whatever the case, I'm looking forward to it.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
NO! WE MUST HAVE MIKOTO X MITSUKO LOVE LOVE!

Really, I want something to show that Mikoto can have as magnetic a charm as Touma
I don't know why you are complaining. If you count the clones out, I think it's clear that Mikoto attracts even more girls than Touma. A good deal of Tokiwadai is lesbian for her after all.

Touma's "conquests" are more notorious simply due to his misfortune, he attracts mostly dangerous girls.

Last edited by leukrota; 2012-10-26 at 13:49.
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 14:59   Link #150
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post

Touma's "conquests" are more notorious simply due to his misfortune, he attracts mostly dangerous girls.
And most of them are broken in power levels .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 23:28   Link #151
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
And most of them are broken in power levels .
No wonder we see Touma complaining about wanting a "normal" love life a lot. The girls he encounters scare him more than they attract him.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 00:53   Link #152
MasterVampire

Wasn't the Sister's arc already done in the Index series?
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 00:58   Link #153
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterVampire View Post
Wasn't the Sister's arc already done in the Index series?
This one is from Mikoto's pov; it depicts the incidents leading up to the confrontation between Kamijou and Accelerator.
Old 2012-10-27, 02:00   Link #154
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
I don't know why you are complaining. If you count the clones out, I think it's clear that Mikoto attracts even more girls than Touma. A good deal of Tokiwadai is lesbian for her after all.

Don't know about onee-san, but I mainly support this pairing because I like how Kongou is all "hey! She's my friend! And no one touches my friends!" all around Miko. And my dream is to see her go deredere for Miko (TwT). Ah!! I'm dying from the moe!!
And Touma attracts the clones in a more romantic way that Miko does ... >.>
Old 2012-10-27, 06:50   Link #155
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Doing a little search, it seems both Index season were announced in June and aired in the fall. Railgun season 1 was announced/teased at the end of season 1 and aired the fall of that year.

Considering how much earlier this was announced, combined with the fact it has a 'S' instead of a 2, makes me think this will be airing before next fall. With the sister arc cited as the main focus I wonder if this might be a 12/13 episode season.
Old 2012-10-27, 09:14   Link #156
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPG_Fanatic View Post
Doing a little search, it seems both Index season were announced in June and aired in the fall. Railgun season 1 was announced/teased at the end of season 1 and aired the fall of that year.

Considering how much earlier this was announced, combined with the fact it has a 'S' instead of a 2, makes me think this will be airing before next fall. With the sister arc cited as the main focus I wonder if this might be a 12/13 episode season.
Not impossible, but I can't tell of a good reason to justify cutting the total number of episodes to half.
Old 2012-10-27, 13:19   Link #157
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
And Touma attracts the clones in a more romantic way that Miko does ... >.>
I did say they should not be counted, it's unfair for the numbers ... <.<
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 02:34   Link #158
desrtsku
Nympholept

I just realized I made some misspelling in that post, but whatever ...
The only girls Miko attracts, beside the ones in her group and Kongou-san's, are unnamed fangirls whose numbers are pretty much unknown. Unlike the other guy who has a huge load of Death Note Killable characters (excluding the clones) and still leaves you wondering how many other girls in his school are lusting over him. Moreover, there's still the factor about Touma attracting girls in a more romantic way than her (safe for Kuroko ).
Old 2012-10-28, 02:38   Link #159
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I'm pretty certain while he does have a reputation, you'll hardly find a crowd of fangirls hiding in the shadows biting their handkerchief in teary eyed frustration and then proceeding to hammer an iron nail into a small straw doll with their rivals' name on it behind a tree when it comes to Kamijou. Basically as far as highschool heartthrobs go, Kamijou fails in multiple category.

Now Mikoto on the other hand... The above scenario is more fitting.
Old 2012-10-28, 03:11   Link #160
desrtsku
Nympholept

nah, I don't think her fans are that extreme either. So far, Kuroko is the only Miko-fan susceptible of doing something like that. The rest are just mere admirers that'll go "kyyyahhh! >w<!!!" everytime she does something grandiose or "kyyyyahh! >w<!!" when she's seen jumping on a random spiky haired boy, or just catfighting with another Lv.5 fangirls group ... nothing extreme, just low grade fangirls.

Tags
action, comedy, despair, drama, school life, sci-fi, sequel