AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Horizon

Notices

Old 2011-10-09, 13:47   Link #641
tsunade666

this anime is really hard to watch while in raw but really those siblings are really something :heh I haven't seen yet an ane trying to encourage her otouto to grope someone's breast I will wait for the sub but it's an epic LOLZ even if more than 60 % of it is "I can't understand what's happening" type of event. Just seeing Toori and his classmates is enough interest for me to watch it in raw and as far as fall season is this one is the only one who interest me enough to watch it in raw.
Old 2011-10-09, 14:17   Link #642
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoi Toori View Post
and... found these pics... somewhere...
http://i.imgur.com/i8odM.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/jTqaf.jpg
Ho. Ly. Shit.

I love you.
Old 2011-10-09, 17:13   Link #643
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

For some reason they don't look that crazy big as compared to the cover page... Kimi in particular...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 17:15   Link #644
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Does anyone actually like the way the girls look in the cover page. They look... freaky. =_=
Old 2011-10-09, 20:45   Link #645
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I am.
Aside from the one with HUGE boobs.

Quote:
I like what I am seeing....in the second image.
Old 2011-10-10, 03:43   Link #646
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I am.
Aside from the one with HUGE boobs.
Those are the ones I was actually thinking of when I said that.
Old 2011-10-10, 06:52   Link #647
Sol Falling

What the hell, this thread is 33 pages long. Not gonna read through that for a boobie anime.

I haven't really been keeping up on info for this season's premiers but since I found out that Gundam Age is apparently a kiddie anime I've been browsing around for something else interesting. I was originally gonna pass this series up due to comparisons to stuff like Infinite Stratos or Toaru Majutsu no Index but since I am not actually against boobs I thought I'd check out the PV. Looks kinda epic, there is nice action and mecha and stuff. Maybe I'll like it.

The problem is, I can't stand pretentious stuff without the intelligence and narrative integrity to back it up. And at the same time, I can't stand exploitative fanservice unless it's got the genuine perversion/delusion level to match up to hentai. So I would rather this series focus on one or the other, if it is going to pull off either one well enough to match up to my tastes. The brief glimpse I've had is conversely pulling me in two directions. I am not confident so far.

I'll give the first episode a look. I hope it pulls off something amazing, and that's the reason for this thread's length so far. If this series doesn't immediately hook me, unfortunately that will be a drop.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 07:11   Link #648
Suzuku
(`・⊝・ī)/\(`・⊝・ī)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
What the hell, this thread is 33 pages long. Not gonna read through that for a boobie anime.

I haven't really been keeping up on info for this season's premiers but since I found out that Gundam Age is apparently a kiddie anime I've been browsing around for something else interesting. I was originally gonna pass this series up due to comparisons to stuff like Infinite Stratos or Toaru Majutsu no Index but since I am not actually against boobs I thought I'd check out the PV. Looks kinda epic, there is nice action and mecha and stuff. Maybe I'll like it.

The problem is, I can't stand pretentious stuff without the intelligence and narrative integrity to back it up. And at the same time, I can't stand exploitative fanservice unless it's got the genuine perversion/delusion level to match up to hentai. So I would rather this series focus on one or the other, if it is going to pull off either one well enough to match up to my tastes. The brief glimpse I've had is conversely pulling me in two directions. I am not confident so far.

I'll give the first episode a look. I hope it pulls off something amazing, and that's the reason for this thread's length so far. If this series doesn't immediately hook me, unfortunately that will be a drop.
This isn't the type of series that hooks you immediately, or rather, the first episode doesn't really star anything. I'd suggest three-four episode rule.
Old 2011-10-10, 07:24   Link #649
tsunade666

Quote:
First Gundam AGE did have a kiddie animation but the stuff happening is not for kids at all then when did Horizon got compare to IS and Index? I know there's been a comparison of THICKNESS of the book between vol 1-22 of Index and all current volumes of Horizion which makes Horizon despite only 7 or 8 books is as thick as 22 books. But story wise it's pretty different. From the settings the Horizon is more like onto political approach and waring zone between different powers while IS is about girls being cute with mech and Index is being Index without Index It's vastly different that I can't shake the idea that who said that they are similar is not really familiar with the material which he/she is comparing.
Old 2011-10-10, 07:44   Link #650
Syed_Seinaru_Migi

Maybe he/she compared the 3 series because all of them from Light Novel's..=.="
Old 2011-10-10, 07:44   Link #651
Suzuku
(`・⊝・ī)/\(`・⊝・ī)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
First Gundam AGE did have a kiddie animation but the stuff happening is not for kids at all then when did Horizon got compare to IS and Index? I know there's been a comparison of THICKNESS of the book between vol 1-22 of Index and all current volumes of Horizion which makes Horizon despite only 7 or 8 books is as thick as 22 books. But story wise it's pretty different. From the settings the Horizon is more like onto political approach and waring zone between different powers while IS is about girls being cute with mech and Index is being Index without Index It's vastly different that I can't shake the idea that who said that they are similar is not really familiar with the material which he/she is comparing.
I said they're similar (Index, not IS). I made clear when I said that though that I meant the'yre similar in the sense that they're serious action shows with fanservice in them, not that they have similar plots. And I said that in response to someone saying Horizon is like IS, which it isn't at all.

Oh, and also because they both have a lot of characters and exposition.

Last edited by Suzuku; 2011-10-10 at 08:32.
Suzuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 08:33   Link #652
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
I said they're similar (Index, not IS). I made clear when I said that though that I meant the'yre similar in the sense that they're serious action shows with fanservice in them, not that they have similar plots. And I said that in response to someone saying Horizon is like IS, which it isn't at all.
So from now on every serious action (LN) show would be compared to Index, while every fanservice (LN) show would be compared to IS? I guess that's some sort of flattery right ?

But honestly, I don't think there's another story quite like Horizon when you look pass the superficial points. This is like Extreme Sci-Fi right?

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Oh, and also because they both have a lot of characters and exposition.
Yeah, but they don't come at you like a freight train
Old 2011-10-10, 09:05   Link #653
Suzuku
(`・⊝・ī)/\(`・⊝・ī)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
So from now on every serious action (LN) show would be compared to Index, while every fanservice (LN) show would be compared to IS? I guess that's some sort of flattery right ?

But honestly, I don't think there's another story quite like Horizon when you look pass the superficial points. This is like Extreme Sci-Fi right?

EDIT:

Yeah, but they don't come at you like a freight train
I guess I should make it clear that I wasn't directly comparing the two. Someone Said that Horizon was like IS and I responded that if you were to compare Horizon to another light novel adatation it would be more akin to Index than anything else.
Old 2011-10-10, 19:15   Link #654
Sol Falling

lol, so you can get neg-repped for being unfamiliar with a series nowadays. Seems like this thread is hosting a couple uptight individuals .

Anyway, I went and checked out the first episode, and I think I will give it the provisional 3-4 test period as suggested. I don't have much issue with being bludgeoned over the head with a character cast and exposition, but what I'd look first for in an obtuse/pretentious series like this is aesthetic. The PV and the title of the series itself ("Horizon on the middle of nowhere") suggested to me a certain aesthetic of the beauty and emptiness of a vast and unmoving universe, with the skyships, etc. further building upon that imagery. Thus far, it is the main character's expression which is supporting an interest and expectation for that aesthetic for me, because it is an empty and unchanging smile which seems to anticipate the immovability of the universe. If the story is set in a vast and epic universe, then I request that it make use of that setting to present some incredible emotional setpieces. Thus far, the potential seems to be there, but I want to be impressed by the execution.

Incidentally, is there anything noteworthy about this being a Sunrise anime? Is there any adaptational element itself being hyped (i.e. directing, animation), or are people mostly interested an account of the source material? Is there any expectation that this will be a worthwhile piece of work on its own merits beyond simply being an introduction to the light novels?

I like the strongly Japanese and Shinto elements of the story's mythology. I actually had goosebumps running along my arms during the entire opening chant/song sequence. On the other hand, it was kind of cliche and eye-rolling that part of the basic premise is the analogue to Japan (i.e. "Musashi") being oppressed (and stripped of its 'rightful place' as the center of the Eastern sphere of influence) by Western powers. Cultural centralism is fine, but I won't be too interested in a work of political and historical centralism.

Well, I hear the next episode will be coming out tomorrow. I'll be waiting to give it a look.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 20:38   Link #655
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Those are the ones I was actually thinking of when I said that.
There is only one that got on my nerve, and I think you should know what type of girls I prefer in my signature.

Quote:
Incidentally, is there anything noteworthy about this being a Sunrise anime? Is there any adaptational element itself being hyped (i.e. directing, animation), or are people mostly interested an account of the source material? Is there any expectation that this will be a worthwhile piece of work on its own merits beyond simply being an introduction to the light novels?
Can't say for sure. The most noteworthy element from the high novel is its thickness, and the number of the cast . I'm just in for the main character.

Judging from the spoiler, the novel does have interesting plot and development, but it's a huge spoiler so if you really want to know, drop by the manga/light novel thread.
Old 2011-10-11, 02:35   Link #656
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

So, episode two has far less energy than episode one, with mostly exposition that goes over my head (for now). Mildly disappointed, plus Aoi's boob gag was funny in episode one, but if he's going to repeat it in every episode...well, it's going to stop being funny.

The preview for episode three doesn't look like any action is going to happen any time soon, outside of what looks like a possible betrayal/attack at the meeting of the old farts.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 05:51   Link #657
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

im dropping this till 4-5 eps are out then ill see about picking it up again, the main character is pissing me off something bad
Old 2011-10-11, 06:18   Link #658
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty543 View Post
im dropping this till 4-5 eps are out then ill see about picking it up again, the main character is pissing me off something bad
You're not alone. I usually don't feel hatred for MCs, but this guy just makes my blood boil with the rage of a thousand suns.

--

It was a good thing we got some plot-related infodumps stuff in this ep. It's the only thing I'm watching it for, together with the tech-magi and the ship/world itself. If they can keep that up, I'mma stick to it. I can do with the fanservice. Hell, if I managed through Freezing I can handle this.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 07:10   Link #659
serpiente

It has been two full episodes, and the main char hasnt talked to the main girl even once... Yet, he has already put his hands over two full beauties like Oriotorai and Neito! Canīt help but love this guy!

Also, what a great place for news ANN is! Just dont ask their columnist for opinions, cause they will tell you that an anime is 1.5 of 5 because it have too much action and too much eye candy!

As for episode 02, what a pain in the brain! Why do they have to explain the setting in class? What a lame device! Well, no problem anyway (except those sbs!) cause the psycho brotherīs exotic maneuver compensate for the lack of action of the entire episode.

And also this: En castellano en el original?
Spoiler for From RAW ep 02:

I will wait for more and more episodes of this show...
serpiente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 07:14   Link #660
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpiente View Post
It has been two full episodes, and the main char hasnt talked to the main girl even once... Yet, he has already put his hands over two full beauties like Oriotorai and Neito! Canīt help but love this guy!
He didn't just put his hands on Neito, he actually rubbed his face against her as well

Tags
action, fantasy, science fiction, sunrise