AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-27, 23:46   Link #121
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

So far they have shown Admiral Kizaru and Admiral Akoiji. I can't wait to see Admiral Akainu's power or what kind of skills he has in the coming war. I hope Admiral Akainu is a logia user as well. This should be awesome seeing him especially with his "absolute Justice" kind of attitude he has. This guy had no mercy at the Ohara incident and he will have none in this war.

Just seeing Admiral Kizaru in action on the Island and how easily he dispatched with high bounty pirates without even trying. Just how strong is White beard? To think Gold D. Rogers was the best the pirates had. If White Beard battles the three Admirals by himself I will officially be impressed. If White beard falls he better take a good junk of the marines and WG with him.
Old 2009-06-28, 08:42   Link #122
Red-Haired_Shanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
So far they have shown Admiral Kizaru and Admiral Akoiji. I can't wait to see Admiral Akainu's power or what kind of skills he has in the coming war. I hope Admiral Akainu is a logia user as well. This should be awesome seeing him especially with his "absolute Justice" kind of attitude he has. This guy had no mercy at the Ohara incident and he will have none in this war.

Just seeing Admiral Kizaru in action on the Island and how easily he dispatched with high bounty pirates without even trying. Just how strong is White beard? To think Gold D. Rogers was the best the pirates had. If White Beard battles the three Admirals by himself I will officially be impressed. If White beard falls he better take a good junk of the marines and WG with him.
Yeah.
That's what I'm saying.
I want to see Whitebeard take on all 3 Admirals.
Just to show how strong he is.
I don't even know why I like Whitebeard though, lol.
I guess its his status and old school personality, his morals and code of conduct..
I really hope Zoro gets a chapter or 2 before the war, I want him to be there...
He's suppose to be Luffy's right hand so its only right
Old 2009-06-28, 11:53   Link #123
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by holypanl View Post
If Zoans can really be 'Awakened' then it's not inconceivable for say, Akainu to really be a Zoan of some kind.
If we go by the current trend of the admirals (2 out of the 3 being logia users), I don't think Oda is going to make Akainu deviate from this pattern. It doesn't seem very probable at this point for him to be either a paramecia or zoan user, because then he would be the odd one out of three if that were the case.

There needs to be a powerful zoan representative in one of the three world powers, so who better than Kaidou or the 4th emperor I say. Consequently, zoan fruits would also be a lot less underrated if an emperor possesses abilities belonging to said group. They tend to be looked at as the weakest category of fruits, but this perception would change if what I hope for does turn out to be true.
Old 2009-06-28, 15:45   Link #124
shankss
CP10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
If we go by the current trend of the admirals (2 out of the 3 being logia users), I don't think Oda is going to make Akainu deviate from this pattern. It doesn't seem very probable at this point for him to be either a paramecia or zoan user, because then he would be the odd one out of three if that were the case.

There needs to be a powerful zoan representative in one of the three world powers, so who better than Kaidou or the 4th emperor I say. Consequently, zoan fruits would also be a lot less underrated if an emperor possesses abilities belonging to said group. They tend to be looked at as the weakest category of fruits, but this perception would change if what I hope for does turn out to be true.
Lucci pretty much saved zoan fruits from patheticism level but that was a while ago.Akainu may also change the logia tradition if he is greater than other two in both power and marine rankings, you know the last, the strongest routine.I always thought that he made Aokiji a bit scared when he blow that ship off (not just the thrill of moment)
Old 2009-06-28, 15:54   Link #125
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I guess we really need a Zoan thread.

I'm very interested in what an Awakened Ancient Zoan looks like. Would X Drake transform into Godzilla?

Lafitte seems like a Bird Zoan user as well.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-06-28, 18:35   Link #126
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankss View Post
Lucci pretty much saved zoan fruits from patheticism level but that was a while ago.
I thought that Lucci, Jyabura, and especially Kaku (since he didn't have any time to practice his abilities), all used their zoan fruits really well. It's just that they weren't high up on the food chain. We have yet to see a top-tier character who is a zoan user.

Quote:
Akainu may also change the logia tradition if he is greater than other two in both power and marine rankings, you know the last, the strongest routine.I always thought that he made Aokiji a bit scared when he blow that ship off (not just the thrill of moment)
Akainu is not greater than Aokiji or Kizaru in marine rankings. They all have the same rank, which is admiral.

As for Akainu being more powerful than his fellow peers, we'll have to see what he's capable of, because from what we've seen of Aokiji and Kizaru, I believe that they would stalemate each other. Also, being the last one revealed doesn't automatically make you the strongest. Take the four emperors, for example. Whitebeard is indisputably the strongest emperor, and yet he was the second one revealed out of the four.

Regarding Akainu's merciless actions at the Ohara incident, Aokiji wasn't scared of him, but rather he was just shocked at the brutality Akainu displayed just for the sake of ensuring that not even one scholar could escape. Everyone was in a state of awe for what they had just witnessed.
Old 2009-06-28, 23:45   Link #127
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

^^^ I'd like to submit that it's possible that Akainu would have a much higher fear factor about him owing to his harsh way of doing things. What's more, I believe he'd be tougher, not because of an innately higher level of prowess or skill, but because of how far he's wiling to go, and the level of sheer brutality he's willing to sink to.
--------------------

I like the Logia / Elemental theme of the Admirals so far, but it wold come as a more than pleasant surprise if Admiral Akainu turned out to be a Zoan. And a super-strong one at that.

Something...unbeatable...nonpareil...something like...a Dragon Fruit, which is elemental. While this may be too overpowered, it would definitely be a great Zoan fruit. A Ryuu Ryuu no Mi, which is say, Model Water Dragon.

I think we all catch the drift here.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2009-06-29, 07:47   Link #128
shankss
CP10

Quote:
Akainu is not greater than Aokiji or Kizaru in marine rankings. They all have the same rank, which is admiral.
As for Akainu being more powerful than his fellow peers, we'll have to see what he's capable of, because from what we've seen of Aokiji and Kizaru, I believe that they would stalemate each other. Also, being the last one revealed doesn't automatically make you the strongest. Take the four emperors, for example. Whitebeard is indisputably the strongest emperor, and yet he was the second one revealed out of the four.

Regarding Akainu's merciless actions at the Ohara incident, Aokiji wasn't scared of him, but rather he was just shocked at the brutality Akainu displayed just for the sake of ensuring that not even one scholar could escape. Everyone was in a state of awe for what they had just witnessed.
I know they are the same rank but what if Akainu's something else? Sengoku was an admiral before he became fleet commander but who knows that he was the only admiral of his time? Even if there were other admirals why did he became the ruler? Personally if something happens to Sengoku, Akainu should be the one to take his seat since he follows wg justice the most

By the way...I was searching that dog,monkey and pheasent peach boy storyline and I read that dog kills monkey.Im not sure if its true since I wasnt able to read the whole myth..besides not every manga follows the myths so close (Itachi sasono killing Orochi like...) :P

Quote:
Something...unbeatable...nonpareil...something like...a Dragon Fruit, which is elemental. While this may be too overpowered, it would definitely be a great Zoan fruit. A Ryuu Ryuu no Mi, which is say, Model Water Dragon.

I think we all catch the drift here.
In that case how about a Chimera devil fruit? 5 zoans in 1! Plus that'd look good on Sengoku since he has a goat and seagull already

Last edited by shankss; 2009-06-29 at 09:46.
Old 2009-06-29, 11:06   Link #129
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
I know they are the same rank but what if Akainu's something else?Sengoku was an admiral before he became fleet commander but who knows that he was the only admiral of his time? Even if there were other admirals why did he became the ruler? Personally if something happens to Sengoku, Akainu should be the one to take his seat since he follows wg justice the most
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think what you're asking here is, does Akainu have other special qualities besides the prerequisites needed to become an admiral? If that's what you're talking about, then it is possible. The successor for the supreme admiral position is probably chosen not just for strength, but tactics, leadership skills, and complete conformance to the ideologies of the marines/WG (Absolute Justice). If that's the case, Akainu probably would be the next best candidate. Should this happen, we can expect the marines to become a lot more corrupt and brutal than what they are right now .

Quote:
By the way...I was searching that dog,monkey and pheasent peach boy storyline and I read that dog kills monkey.Im not sure if its true since I wasnt able to read the whole myth..besides not every manga follows the myths so close (Itachi sasono killing Orochi like...) :P
Wow. That's really interesting. I'll have to give that story a read sometime. I can actually see Akainu threatening either Aokiji or Kizaru if they get in his way of administering his absolute justice, considering that he stops at nothing to eliminate/apprehend his targets.
Old 2009-06-29, 11:44   Link #130
shankss
CP10

Spoiler for Dog:

Spoiler for Monkey:

Spoiler for Pheasant:

Here's some interesting notes about 3 animals.An evil loyal dog, a willy monkey that loves scaring pirates and a phantasmal pheasent that is actually a tormented spirit I also realized that the Dog only subdues Monkey, not kills him.Sorry for that

It pretty much fits at a point like Kizaru's pirate killing joy or Aokiji being not totally evil character and suffering when Akainu destroyed the civilian ship.
And of course there is the main hero:

Spoiler for Momotaro:

This one may resemble World Government that went evil and corrupted while trying to make the world a better place, acquiring 3 loyal animal companions and making the island for human by defeating the evil guys.Theorycrafting is fun
Old 2009-06-29, 12:08   Link #131
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^Nice. This isn't the whole story though, is it? Is this just a summary that was taken from wikipedia? In any case, I like how Oda makes parallel comparisons to legends from other tales. They help to give us readers a better insight of what his inspirations/influences were.
Old 2009-06-29, 15:29   Link #132
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post

I myself am guessing Lava Logia, since the other two admirals have remained in the fashion of using an elemental based on the color of their names.
Old 2009-06-29, 15:43   Link #133
shankss
CP10

Quote:
^Nice. This isn't the whole story though, is it? Is this just a summary that was taken from wikipedia? In any case, I like how Oda makes parallel comparisons to legends from other tales. They help to give us readers a better insight of what his inspirations/influences were.
Not wiki but that was just a small preview of characters from a japanese mytho site.Wiki also has shorter explanations of characters in japanese mytho creatures category.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
I myself am guessing Lava Logia, since the other two admirals have remained in the fashion of using an elemental based on the color of their names.
Lava sounds so close to Ace even if the heat is way much higher than Ace's flame.Maybe could've been Heat or Blood (but heat df has been used in a movie).Also few people could've guessed that Kizaru's going to have Light as an element before the act.
Lightning/Thunder,Gold transformation etc. are the things that most resemble the yellow kind devil fruit even if there was Enel's Goro Goro no mi.Thats why I'm not accepting Lava idea, Red immediatly makes us think about fire but Oda will find a way to surprise us as ever.
It may be a rage rage fruit since red color has many meanings like blood,hell,demon,courage,anger,warning,fear,energy etc.It even has effects like making people tired/hungry.
Old 2009-06-29, 17:40   Link #134
Red-Haired_Shanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post

I'm very interested in what an Awakened Ancient Zoan looks like. Would X Drake transform into Godzilla?

LOL!...
That would be something if he did turn into Godzilla..
And yeah I was thinking the same thing about Laffite, but who knows.

Quote:
Lava sounds so close to Ace even if the heat is way much higher than Ace's flame.Maybe could've been Heat or Blood (but heat df has been used in a movie).Also few people could've guessed that Kizaru's going to have Light as an element before the act.
Lightning/Thunder,Gold transformation etc. are the things that most resemble the yellow kind devil fruit even if there was Enel's Goro Goro no mi.Thats why I'm not accepting Lava idea, Red immediatly makes us think about fire but Oda will find a way to surprise us as ever.
It may be a rage rage fruit since red color has many meanings like blood,hell,demon,courage,anger,warning,fear,energy etc.It even has effects like making people tired/hungry.
Well if we are going off that then he's probably a Demon...
Oni Oni no Mi or something like that...
It could be like a Rare Zoan fruit or something
Old 2009-06-29, 18:05   Link #135
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
I can't see a Lava fruit being properly implemented as a Logia. It's more appropriate as a Paramecia.

Apart from a Bio Bio Fruit of some kind, I can't think of any matching fruit for Akainu. Bio Bio, as in, ability to control people's bodies, and their hearts, and dictate how their organs, etc. should behave.

That's terrifying, actually. You don't even get a chance to put up a fight. Just die of a heart attack as soon as he sees you. Or he could kill you painfully, and slowly: give you a tumour.

Limitless possibilities.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2009-06-29, 19:01   Link #136
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post

About Lafitte, I'm really unsure if he's a Zoan or not. If he is, I'd sorta expect him to be in his birdman mode like Pell if he's brought his wings out. Furthermore, you can see that his arms turned into wings, rather than them sprouting out of his back (now compare that to Pell, whose wings DID sprout out of his back in his birdman form). So rather than him being a Zoan, I think it's quite possible that he may have a wing/feather-type Paramecia power instead. After all, while we learned that there are five types of flying DF powers, that doesn't necessarily mean that they're limited to Zoans alone.......

And.... Awakened T-Rex? I dunno, I can't help but think that it would look like Barney the dinosaur on crack. I don't think the world is ready for something like that......

By the way, I'm all for a general Zoan thread. I suppose I should go to make the request, then......
Old 2009-06-29, 19:07   Link #137
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
About Lafitte, I'm really unsure if he's a Zoan or not. If he is, I'd sorta expect him to be in his birdman mode like Pell if he's brought his wings out. Furthermore, you can see that his arms turned into wings, rather than them sprouting out of his back (now compare that to Pell, whose wings DID sprout out of his back in his birdman form). So rather than him being a Zoan, I think it's quite possible that he may have a wing/feather-type Paramecia power instead. After all, while we learned that there are five types of flying DF powers, that doesn't necessarily mean that they're limited to Zoans alone.......

And.... Awakened T-Rex? I dunno, I can't help but think that it would look like Barney the dinosaur on crack. I don't think the world is ready for something like that......

By the way, I'm all for a general Zoan thread. I suppose I should go to make the request, then......
Yea it could be possible to have a wing fruit, that gives the person wings. It may also be possible he has a paramecia ability being used very skillfully, like Robin's wings.

But yea Barney sounds correct lol, seeing how the 4 guardians looked like.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-06-29, 20:33   Link #138
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Quote:
Spoiler for Dog:

Spoiler for Monkey:

Spoiler for Pheasant:

Here's some interesting notes about 3 animals.An evil loyal dog, a willy monkey that loves scaring pirates and a phantasmal pheasent that is actually a tormented spirit I also realized that the Dog only subdues Monkey, not kills him.Sorry for that

It pretty much fits at a point like Kizaru's pirate killing joy or Aokiji being not totally evil character and suffering when Akainu destroyed the civilian ship.
And of course there is the main hero:

Spoiler for Momotaro:

This one may resemble World Government that went evil and corrupted while trying to make the world a better place, acquiring 3 loyal animal companions and making the island for human by defeating the evil guys.Theorycrafting is fun
That pretty much sounds like Sengoku, since he's the Supreme Fleet Admiral and he's named "Dai Buddha". It would be interesting if Aokiji can fight against the other two and overpower them.
As for Lafitte, I think he might be zoan but mastered the fruit to the extent where he can make partial transformation but that's a wild guess since zoan devil fruit seems out of place with a member of the few possibly strongest crew in the near future.
Old 2009-06-29, 22:34   Link #139
shankss
CP10

Quote:
Originally Posted by holypanl View Post
I can't see a Lava fruit being properly implemented as a Logia. It's more appropriate as a Paramecia.

Apart from a Bio Bio Fruit of some kind, I can't think of any matching fruit for Akainu. Bio Bio, as in, ability to control people's bodies, and their hearts, and dictate how their organs, etc. should behave.

That's terrifying, actually. You don't even get a chance to put up a fight. Just die of a heart attack as soon as he sees you. Or he could kill you painfully, and slowly: give you a tumour.

Limitless possibilities.
Some devil fruits are weirdly overpowerful yet overlooked.Talk about Jewelry Bonney, she didnt even had to touch those marines and they all went old and kid mode.If she has no limitations to that ability she can easily destroy both WG and WB forces combined

I'd want a chemical devil fruit.A walking nuclear bomb devil fruit sounds nice
Old 2009-06-30, 09:25   Link #140
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
Back to One Piece complaints On topic: If Luffy and co do make it before Newgate and Dragon, there will be a high chance that Luffy's group might be beaten, and then saved by Dragon or Newgate.
Do you think so? Im more inclined to think that they would had to win at least the outcoming fight before failing once again, even if this means that they are not going to participate, which is basically whay I think is going to happen, Im not even sure that the author is going to make Luffy reach in time.